(Close Window)
Topic: Rubber Walnuts
Here are some cheap [url=http://www.amazon.com/Kikkerland-Walnut-Eraser-Set-ER41P/dp/B00NZTJXDS]rubber walnuts[/url] that some may find a use for. They are actually erasers. I have also seen these at Dick Blick's, in packages of three.
Nice, they look great
I got a pair of these. They are a bit heavy for the Vernon routine. They are likely to actually make noise.
I just never see anyone perform a shell routine anymore... sad really. It's so widely recognized, but how if no one ever performs it? Cartoons maybe?
??? drifting off topic perhaps? The walnuts mentioned in this thread have nothing to do with the shell game.
As far as I know, the shell game is alive and well in the hands of people like Pop Hayden, Roscoe, Bob Sheets, et al.
[quote]On Jun 29, 2015, Dave V wrote:
??? drifting off topic perhaps? The walnuts mentioned in this thread have nothing to do with the shell game. [/quote]

... rubber walnut(s) & coconut shells ... ?

for somebody's next Club meeting maybe.
I have used real walnuts for years -- often selecting some from a dish at a party.

The problem is their being slippery and not of uniform size, so the new rubber ones do have an advantage.
Wack-O-Magic run by Mike Mosher makes nice polyurethane walnuts. I went to college (undergrad) with him at UCONN back in the 1980's. He is good people.
Yup

and the nuts in the first post arent walnuts.. they are almonds...

http://wackomagic.com/walnuts.html the latest batch out of the shop put the ones on my website to shame in their color and realism... they are now PERFECT.