(Close Window)
Topic: Magi-Fest 2016
I know it is a few months away but who is already registered and planning on going? Other than the Pittsburgh Road Show a couple years ago, this will be my first convention in 20+ years of magic and looking forward to meeting a lot of my fellow Café members (and maybe some...not so much :-) ). My birthday is Sept 12th (and for the first birthday in about 4 years, I am in remission) Sooooo, my son wanted to give me a great mini-vacation for my birthday / Christmas so He got me registered and a friend of mine who goes by himself every year is helping me with rooming at a very nearby hotel he stays at every year. Looking forward to a great meet and greet. Anyone else? :-)
Happy Birthday, see you there. Stay healthy my friend.
Will Definitely see you there, I know it gets about 1000 but I am just trying to get an idea of those who I interact with from time to time will be going. I am probably a little over excited as this will be my first "real" convention. But I think if you gotta chose one, this is a good choice (and it doesn't hurt that it is only 2 hrs from my house)
Finding fellow Café members in that crowd can be quite a challenge. Maybe we should print off the Café logo and attach it to our name badges? Any other suggestions?
Mike
Well stop by our booth in the dealers room we will have a sign up sheet for you to arrange meetings on.

Tony
[quote]On Sep 19, 2015, Doomo wrote:
Well stop by our booth in the dealers room we will have a sign up sheet for you to arrange meetings on.

Tony [/quote]

was definitely planning on stopping to see you. The sheet will be a nice bonus :-)
Hi, this is also my first real convention! Hope meet you at there!
Hey guys!

We are so excited to see you all at [url=http://www.magifest.org]Magi Fest 2016![/url] Boy do we have some surprises for you guys!

Here's some of the latest details that you may have missed!

Joshua Jay dressed like Jeff McBride?
[youtube]x8Kt8PKwddY[/youtube]

Who's going to be there?
[youtube]bQiZJnACnVY[/youtube]

A update with some special announcements!
[youtube]9ByT2vlyX3M[/youtube]

I'll make sure to keep you guys updated as we go and please let me know if you have any questions about the Fest this year!

Thanks!
-Kyle
This will be my first convention!

Super excited!

See you all there!
Magi-fest and Magic Live are my favorite two conventions. I'm in!
Had to cancel my trip for this year. Enjoy all, maybe next year for me. Looks like the Road Show will "Finally" be returning to Pittsburgh in July 2016. Will definitely make that one. Loved it the first year (pre-Penguin hosting it) but it still seems to not have changed much in format.
22 Days to go!

Anyone else going!

I am really looking forward to meeting all of you.
Yup I'll be there (lecturing Thursday night.) It should be a great time.

David Corsaro
Well, I managed to get a Friday only deal and can drive back and forth the same day so I will make the Friday events.
3 days!
Magi fest eve
Hey guys, is anyone arriving at the LCK airport around noon? I'm going from Brazil and have no idea how to get out of this airport to the convention site, plus the cab ride is pretty expensive
6 hours away!!😁
Still at the airport..
Would anyone attending Magi-Fest be willing to obtain a few signatures for my card collection? I'd cover postage and deck cost of having them mailed to me....
Got there at about 7am and stayed till about 8pm. (could only go one day due to my wife's work schedule, but It was well worth it). First real convention ever (20+ years in magic) and had a really great time. Will certainly do it again one day. I was truly amazed how accessible most all of the "celebrities" (not just the ones lecturing or selling things) were. Many took time to help folks with finer points of magic. Very inspiring. Everyone in the Dealer room was awesome (no cramming effects down your throat or hard sells) just an all around group of very professional and extremely helpful folks. Old friends, new friends and people in general who share a passion for magic were abundant.

Thanks to all in attendance, as a group, you all in your own way gave cme a great memory. :-)
If we met, shoot me a PM so I know who you are on the Café.