(Close Window)
Topic: Best No Palmm Card to Wallet
Please suggest:

No Palm Card to Wallet for table hopping and strolling - Thanks!

Nat
I like the Mullica style

If you want to get fancy:
Get the selection, second from bottom, on the face side and with faces up- get a break and your pinkie from the free hand slides the selection out of the pack and into place.
Then you can flash the face up deck and turn it over, handing it to the spec to hold while you recap.

While this isn't necessary and probably doesn't increase the illusion tremendously, I like to do it occasionally for fun (Mine)
Mullica style is nice and Wal mart sells them.
Any particular reason you'd like to go the no palm route?

If because of difficulty I'd like to suggest John Guastafero's Detour routine. It will let you do c2w with MINIMAL heat. Great way to learn palming!
I can palm cards as well as anyone. The Mullica is still great. It is just a great solution.
It is so easy to bottom cop a card... I suggest learning and using it. I found the no-palm wallets and variants harder to manage. :bluebikes:
[quote]On Oct 22, 2015, Pete Biro wrote:
It is so easy to bottom cop a card... I suggest learning and using it. I found the no-palm wallets and variants harder to manage. :bluebikes: [/quote]

As a senior hobbyist, arthritis in my hands has started to set in, comes and goes -- thanks for your no palm suggestions!
Nat
For a fooling easy to do no palm card to wallet using a completely different method from the Mullica take a look at Hen Fetsch's "Wallet Wallop," originally put out by Gene Gordon, then in Bicycle by Elmwood Magic and now available from Penguin Magic.
I have the Triple Threat Wallet (No palm) by Tony Miller, which I think is really good. Didn't like the peek though.
That is the only no palm wallet I have, so I can't compare which is the BEST. [I also have the Real Man's Wallet (Palm)]

Pity there is no resource that details every wallets in exixtence. Or is there someone that actually owns ALL the wallets on the market?
Interestingly enough while the Mullica is no palm needed it is not no palm allowed.

Using it with proper misdirection and a palm it is even better.

The problem I see with most guys who use paling is the speed with which they go from the deck to the pocket. It is just not natural and most times telegraphs the move horribly. Guys are so scared to get caught they can't wait to unload the card.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Interestingly enough while the Mullica is no palm needed it is not no palm allowed.

Using it with proper misdirection and a palm it is even better.

The problem I see with most guys who use paling is the speed with which they go from the deck to the pocket. It is just not natural and most times telegraphs the move horribly. Guys are so scared to get caught they can't wait to unload the card. [/quote]

Absolutely!
Wait a week if you need to!

This also shows a lack of understanding of misdirection. Not being confident in your ability to direct attention creates the air of needing to hurry. A spectator saying "I saw something but I don't know what I saw" is just as bad as seeing it plainly.

_
If I can throw a card under the tablecloth I am fairly sure holding one for a few seconds is possible.
Myself I rarely palm a card I use a cop more often. The fact that a large part of the card is actually not in the palm has never led to being caught holding out. Again though that's because everyone is looking anywhere but that hand.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2015, yin_howe wrote:

Pity there is no resource that details every wallets in exixtence. Or is there someone that actually owns ALL the wallets on the market? [/quote]

A Café member certainly tried a while back and is off to a good start http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=584807&forum=2
Many thanks!
The Mullica wallet does have angle restrictions for table-hopping though. If you're standing and they're sitting.....very good chance of getting caught.
Just tilt it and no one sees nothing
The Mullica Walket is my choice.
The Mullica has a risk of a bit of fumbling being seen. This can be overcome by practice, but it certainly is not simpler or easier than the palm alternatives.
Won't you need to practice anyhow to learn to palm?
True, but palming is more versatile than learning to load a wallet.
Card 2 Wallet by Shawn Farquhar is pretty awesome wallet.
I have seen and heard a lot of great reviews for "Load One - Card to Phone Wallet".
How about just the old double backer. Simple easy to use and no palm.
With all due respect: learn to palm.
Learning to palm will certainly give you the most flexibility; but to answer the original question, I think the F1 Nitro Wallet is an excellent No Palm alternative.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jan 22, 2016 02:54AM)
It's pricey but I love the jol large plus wallet
F1 Nitro Wallet is a GREAT no palm card to wallet.
I used my F1 nitro wallet in my restaurant gig on Monday night and it killed. I agree that palming is the best way to go but the reveal and handling of the F1 is so easy and looks awesome that I do not need to Palm. I used to use a BKM wallet and palmed it for the zipper compartment reveal and it was just as awesome. To each their own. I can make arguments for each method.

Patrick
Here is a site from Heinz Minten with many wallets. I have the Mullica wallet,le Paul wallet and the Himber wallet. All very good wallets.
highly recommended. http://www.heinzmintenmagic.com
Pimpernel wallet is a great no palm wallet.
F1 Nitro Wallet is the best and fastest one, if you are willing to insert a gimmicked card into your deck.
[quote]On Mar 14, 2016, BrentC_Magic wrote:
F1 Nitro Wallet is the best and fastest one, if you are willing to insert a gimmicked card into your deck. [/quote]

Thanks!
I appreciate the suggestions...getting older, issue with arthritis in my hands, comes and goes...no palm is best.
Wallet Transformer
And
Any signed card to any Spectators wallet

Both are no palm and use a signed card
[quote]On Mar 14, 2016, Nat wrote:
I appreciate the suggestions...getting older, issue with arthritis in my hands, comes and goes...no palm is best. [/quote]

That's the first and only good excuse I've seen for not wanting to palm a card.

...all the worthless crap magicians put time into learning...
I am pretty sure no one has ever come away thinking palming was not worth the small effort.
It's one of the best bang-for-the-buck things you can learn to be comfortable with in all of magic.

But instead of listening to seasoned pros for 20 years say the same thing,
we take the advice of hip teenagers on videos talk about kewl wallets, no experience necessary.... and the search begins.
10 years later, after spending $500, they are still looking for the best "no-palm" wallet.
Learning to palm well is no small effort.
Message: Posted by: Matty Freakin Whipple (Apr 12, 2016 02:11PM)
The Wallet Transformer is awesome. It's customizeable, it fits into your regular wallet, and it's a TON of fun to do because it's so sneaky.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Learning to palm well is no small effort. [/quote]

The effort compared with the bang-for-the-buck utility of the palm is quite small, in my opinion.
Palming rocks! I do like the F1 Nitro though, very easy to do. Using the gimmick for Any Card to Any Wallet is great way to ring in the gaff as well and ditch it.
"The Badger" wallet by Tony Miller is mine for several reasons:
1) It's a Mullica wallet and the inner wallet is zipped!
2) It has a separate zipped pocket for Palm/load option
3) has large card slots (I put a wallet transformer for options!)
4) the leather is very specific to facilitate the steal for Mullica. The leather actual "steals" the card. (See info on the website)
5) normal look and in hip pocket.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2016, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
[quote]On Apr 10, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Learning to palm well is no small effort. [/quote]

The effort compared with the bang-for-the-buck utility of the palm is quite small, in my opinion. [/quote]

Absolutely. But it does take quite a bit to palm correctly.
You know people might cringe at this but I actually use and have used just two double backed cards in my wallet. I carry one red and one blue so that I'm ready for either deck I would normally use.
I then place them into a Himber wallet that I got at a much lower price than most CTW wallets cost.
Truthfully laymen can't really tell the difference as far as method. Plus it's really a no fuss easy way to do it.
[Heads-up, necropost.]

Definitely as Chuck states! It's a great method to use. Palming isn't always the best method.
And in most cases it is.

Ones ability to execute a method does not mean it is less effective.

Palming a card is something that once you can do it well opens up literally thousands of effects.

I get it that many are too scared to learn. Yes you will get caught at first. Even down the road you will get busted from time to time and most don't want to go through that.

It still does not soak to how effective it is in the right hands.
"Most cases" is variable although I do admit that getting caught can be fun as you re-attempt the effect and add misdirection while literally palming again and it flies right by them. Another is palming a different card and letting them catch you a second time only to produce their card elsewhere.

Let's not forget the pre-palm method in which you palm a card to add to the top of the pack after the spec. replaces their signed (or not signed) selection. Now you may proceed to place the top card in your pocket with the spec. believing that is their selection. Since the palming part is over at this point you are free to position their actual signed selection anywhere you choose even while palming it with reduced heat.
Or you could just learn how to do it.

It is about what is right for the individual.

It has always astounded me that magicians will spend forever learning an Ascanio Spread or some display and are scared of the palm.

Do whatever works for you.
I've been using Chris Moore's Reverse Osmosis for over a decade now in addition to other methods. It is 100% angle proof so a good option for tight, surrounded situations. In the case where arthritis prevents palming, it might be worth trying as it doesn't require fine motor skills but rather larger movements

It can be seen here as Chris demos an ambitious card sequence:

[youtube]tA3-3Kmg-sE[/YouTube]
Nice video.

It raises a question I've had for a long time. Does anyone really think a triple cut is deceptive?
The triple cut, while I agree is not that deceptive, is less troubling to me then the flippy floppy of the deck and the wallet at the end. Which looks terribly suspicious.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2021, FrankFindley wrote:
I've been using Chris Moore's Reverse Osmosis for over a decade now in addition to other methods. It is 100% angle proof so a good option for tight, surrounded situations. In the case where arthritis prevents palming, it might be worth trying as it doesn't require fine motor skills but rather larger movements

[/quote]

Great performance, Frank! Thank You for sharing. Some of us with only two eyes are still fascinated by those moves.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2021, John Martin wrote:
The triple cut, while I agree is not that deceptive, is less troubling to me then the flippy floppy of the deck and the wallet at the end. Which looks terribly suspicious. [/quote]
Yep.