(Close Window)
Topic: Gold Dust Live Deluxe Limited Edition 3 DVD Set
Message: Posted by: Peter Nardi (Nov 10, 2015 01:22PM)
Hi Guys,

We have just started taking orders on Gold Dust Live. Shipping date is a week Friday 20/11/15.

You can check out all the trailers and read the full lowdown on this Deluxe Limited Edition set here http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Gold-Dust-Live-By-Paul-Gordon-Limited-Edition.html

All orders for Gold Dust Live will be sent post FREE no matter where in the world you live.

Best Regards

Peter.
Message: Posted by: Andrew J. K. (Nov 11, 2015 06:16PM)
Thanks for sharing the great news, Peter.

I've already placed my order at your website. Two days ago to be accurate.:)

You can never go wrong with the great material of Paul Gordon's
40 years of experience in card magic and in the magic business in general.

I can hardly wait to hold these 3 little gems (DVDs) in my hands.
Only 9 days left...

Here's some quick info copied and pasted from Alakazam's relevant ad:

"In this beautifully produced, shot and packaged limited edition deluxe collectors set
not only will you master nearly 40 of Paulís killer card effects but the DVDs are also
packed with great advice and tips gained throughout Paulís many years of performing".

"As a special bonus The Limited Edition Set also comes complete with the gimmicks
to perform three of Paulís favourite marketed creations!"

Kindest regards,
Andrew K.
Message: Posted by: gtx magic (Nov 11, 2015 06:29PM)
I assume this is not just all packet tricks ? but also with a full deck.

Graham
Message: Posted by: Peter Nardi (Nov 12, 2015 12:59AM)
Hi Graham,

Yes most of the effects use a regular deck. Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Thank you all for your support

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic
Message: Posted by: andykean (Nov 12, 2015 01:13AM)
Brilliant New Zealand is a long way 👏
Message: Posted by: dman11 (Nov 12, 2015 06:26AM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:

Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Thank you all for your support

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic [/quote]


Great, thank you Peter. Cant wait !
Message: Posted by: T.G. Jones (Nov 12, 2015 06:45AM)
How much of the content is new vs material that has featured in Paul's previous DVDs?
Message: Posted by: Peter Nardi (Nov 12, 2015 07:13AM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
How much of the content is new vs material that has featured in Paul's previous DVDs? [/quote]

Hi,
Some of the items have appeared on film before but not all. You can see a full listing on our site.

We have just added Gold Dust Live to Alakazam USA, you can find it here http://www.alakazamusa.com/product/gold-dust-live-by-paul-gordon-limited-edition/

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic
Message: Posted by: Robmonster (Nov 12, 2015 08:34AM)
There is quite a lot of overlap with Paul's own Card Startlers DVD ( which is listed as a 2DVD set on his site, but I'm sure mine is a 3DVD set...)
Message: Posted by: Andrew J. K. (Nov 12, 2015 11:46AM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Graham,

Yes most of the effects use a regular deck. Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Thank you all for your support

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic [/quote]

That's awesome!

Thanks, Peter for the great surprise (shipping tomorrow Friday).

You really one of a kind and you honestly made my day.

Andrew K.
Message: Posted by: T.G. Jones (Nov 12, 2015 01:35PM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
There is quite a lot of overlap with Paul's own Card Startlers DVD ( which is listed as a 2DVD set on his site, but I'm sure mine is a 3DVD set...) [/quote]
Less than 25% of the material here is new i.e. not appeared on his other DVDs. But I still think Gold Dust Live is worth getting for three reasons.
Message: Posted by: Robmonster (Nov 12, 2015 03:02PM)
Which are..?
Message: Posted by: Peter Nardi (Nov 13, 2015 03:20AM)
Just a heads up, Gold Dust starts shipping today!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Gold-Dust-Live-By-Paul-Gordon-Limited-Edition.html

Peter
Message: Posted by: algebraic (Nov 13, 2015 09:40AM)
Placed my order for the deluxe edition today.
I'm really looking forward to receiving this one.
Message: Posted by: T.G. Jones (Nov 14, 2015 09:06AM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Which are..? [/quote]
Sorry, old age makes me forgetful!

1. Take disc 3, learn all of the the material on there (ignore the other two discs if you wish), it will take a month tops to do properly including developing your own patter and practicing with real people. You will end up with two or three professional, working sets.
2. Take in all that is said in the interview between Peter & Paul. It's the real Gold Dust on the set imho.
3. Do 1 & 2 and you will have enough to go out and earn a basic living.

If I was still a dealer I would be recommending this set to my best customers.
Message: Posted by: warren (Nov 14, 2015 09:40AM)
Any reviews yet as I'm still undecided ?
Message: Posted by: T.G. Jones (Nov 14, 2015 09:48AM)
If you need reviews, beyond what I just told you, then the set probably isn't for you.
Message: Posted by: warren (Nov 14, 2015 10:19AM)
[quote]On Nov 14, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
If you need reviews, beyond what I just told you, then the set probably isn't for you. [/quote]

I already have some of Pauls work and have been doing close up magic now for many years so please don't judge me as you don't know me......if you check other dvd reviews they go quite in depth where as your review doesn't even scratch the surface no animosity intended just stating the facts.
Message: Posted by: Paul Hughes (Nov 16, 2015 10:24AM)
Howdy. I received the three disk set on Saturday and have spend a few days working my way through the disks. I have several of Paul's effects and there is some overlap between some of his previous projects. However, that said, the production quality, the explanations and just the general, "off the cuff" hints and tips about the routines, and getting into the routines are worth their weight for someone either getting into professional magic, or someone with their own set, looking for some fresh, stunning effects.

The packet effects (with supplied cards) - The Ultimate Sting (which is a cracker!), Killer OMG and a gaff to aid The Muldooon match are all excellent additions to the limited edition. On top of this Paul's classic take on Joe Riding's "Three Card Trick with Four Cards", called Corner of Piccadilly is also fully explained (you need to supply your own regular cards).

Other effects of note are Diminishing Not Likely, Twister, Illogical and Discrepant Collectors, Easy Ace Estimation, Head to Head Poker, Killer Card Mystery (which is a cracking take on Hamman's "Signed Card"), Twin Peeks, Shocked Aces... The list goes on and on.

You would be hard pressed to not find a bunch of effects to add into your repertoire straight away, many of which flow into each other very nicely.

For me though, its the hints, tips, subtleties and general banter between Dave Loosley and Peter Nardi in the interview that make this a stand out collection. Stuff that you only normal pick up after many years of experience performing in the real world.

I would heartily recommend it.
Message: Posted by: reignofsound (Nov 16, 2015 11:26AM)
I ordered my set yesterday.
Looking forward to receiving and working through.
Message: Posted by: Peter Nardi (Nov 17, 2015 09:26AM)
[quote]On Nov 16, 2015, Paul Hughes wrote:
Howdy. I received the three disk set on Saturday and have spend a few days working my way through the disks. I have several of Paul's effects and there is some overlap between some of his previous projects. However, that said, the production quality, the explanations and just the general, "off the cuff" hints and tips about the routines, and getting into the routines are worth their weight for someone either getting into professional magic, or someone with their own set, looking for some fresh, stunning effects.

The packet effects (with supplied cards) - The Ultimate Sting (which is a cracker!), Killer OMG and a gaff to aid The Muldooon match are all excellent additions to the limited edition. On top of this Paul's classic take on Joe Riding's "Three Card Trick with Four Cards", called Corner of Piccadilly is also fully explained (you need to supply your own regular cards).

Other effects of note are Diminishing Not Likely, Twister, Illogical and Discrepant Collectors, Easy Ace Estimation, Head to Head Poker, Killer Card Mystery (which is a cracking take on Hamman's "Signed Card"), Twin Peeks, Shocked Aces... The list goes on and on.

You would be hard pressed to not find a bunch of effects to add into your repertoire straight away, many of which flow into each other very nicely.

For me though, its the hints, tips, subtleties and general banter between Dave Loosley and Peter Nardi in the interview that make this a stand out collection. Stuff that you only normal pick up after many years of experience performing in the real world.

I would heartily recommend it. [/quote]

Thank you so much for the comments and great review!

Peter
Message: Posted by: Ray Haining (Jan 4, 2016 11:51PM)
I just finished watching this DVD set. Having read a couple of Paul Gordon's books, it was a real pleasure to watch him perform. Paul has been a professional magician for over 40 years, and so you know his material is practical. Although Paul is technically proficient (he does the pinky count and one-handed palm in a couple of pieces, although he gives other ways to accomplish the same thing), most of the tricks are not at all difficult. And all are strong and suitable for the real world.

This set stands heads and shoulders above much of the material being peddled these days. Highly recommended.
Message: Posted by: Ross W (Apr 1, 2016 01:18PM)
I have been watching these the last couple of evenings, and there is some truly strong material here. Even stuff that we all do, like Ambitious Card and Twisting The Aces, have little twists and hints (that are not all original with Paul, but he's pretty good at acknowledging this). Hellman's Aces is sweet.

Paul's performing persona? Well, put it this way: he's a busy pro and it works for him. I wish I could make a living with just a deck of cards! An odd thing occurred when I was watching this DVD. After several performances, I would say to myself, "nah, that one's not for me." Then I would watch the explanation and change my mind. I guess watching the instruction made me think about how I would do it rather than Paul.
Message: Posted by: Karl M (Apr 1, 2016 01:54PM)
I got this set and do some stuff from it, if you want to know I'll tell you what is my favourite ones
Message: Posted by: Ross W (Apr 1, 2016 07:17PM)
Is it a secret, Karl M? Is there a password?
Message: Posted by: Karl M (Apr 2, 2016 03:31AM)
Ha yeah I'll write them here when I get a minute mate no password is needed :) I saw Paul in Blackpool and the good thing is the way he goes from one trick into the next and builds some sets but the DVD is Just single performances so I reckon they missed a opportunity to show what he does at his best
Message: Posted by: Philippe (Apr 2, 2016 10:41AM)
Interested in your favourites KarlM.
Message: Posted by: rosariorose9 (Nov 7, 2016 02:59PM)
Once again I'm late...VERY late...to the game, but finally saw this thread and ordered Gold Dust Live. Really looking forward to spending the next ten years of my life attempting to master perhaps one tenth of the material on this set . :) Seriously, Paul's work has always challenged me, and rewarded my taking on that challenge, so I'm really looking forward to receiving this from Alakazam.