(Close Window)
Topic: From lurker to member
Hello! I've been visiting the Magic Café for a while but didn't have the courage to post until now. I always liked magic, and I always wanted to learn about it, but for almost 14 years I only had one effect in my arsenal: a friend had showed me how to find the card of a spectator by slapping at a packet of cards in the spectator's hand.
Until recently, I didn't know where to go to get information about performing magic. The first time I saw books about magic was just months ago while browsing the games section at a book store(Henry Hay's Amateur Magician's Handbook and Mysterio's enciclopedia of conjuring). After that, I started looking for more info and that's how I found the Magic Café. I find the books and effects reviews and comments really helpful, and most people here are very nice and friendly.

I am learning slowly since I do this after hours, and don't perform too much yet. I once tried a sleight before being 100% ready and spoiled the effect.

I'm hooked on card effects, and I am slowly working on some classic effects and sleight of hand with my 7 year old son who also loves magic.
Welcome rapmr,

If your Son manages to learn a trick that he can perform himself I'd love to hear about it. There are a lot of Magicians here who are looking for tricks that work well for Kids.

(I don't have a child myself but I applaud those who are introducing their Kids early).

I guess I'll see you in the "Table Hoppers and Party Strollers" forum.

-Mary Mowder
Thanks Mary,

My son performs a basic version of Ace Assembly, and he knows a few ways of finding a spectator's card. He also does a coin through funnel bit ver well. Lately I explained him the concept of cyclical decks (stebbins) and he liked that a lot.

He is shy like me, so I hope that the world of magic teaches him about being more outgoing.