(Close Window)
Topic: NEW - Lynx Smoke
Hello Guys,

We at Lynx Magic have been working for a long time on a smoke device that uses no tubes, its totally sleeveless and self contained.
No cartridges and total freedom to the performer.

Can be done in a t-shirt without any special clothing preparation.

This is a original idea from us and we hope you enjoy!

More details will follow very, very soon.

Here is a short amateur video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bcfdXE298k&feature=youtu.be
This is going to be THE object of early 2016 ! I can't wait to receive mine and to tell you my thoughts about it :)
Looks like the gimmick fits under or within the watch band.

Can it be done sleeveless/ T shirt without a watch?
I was privileged to have an early look at this product.

The R & D that the guys at Lynx Magic have put into this original creation is amazing. I only wish World Magic Shop were selling them but it is exclusive to them.

Congratulations on a groundbreaking product. One of the best things I have ever seen!

David Penn
Hello David!

Thank you for your generous words.
We are very proud of this product and we think this can be very helpful to all magicians that like to produce smoke in their performances. :)
[quote]On Jan 3, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hello David!

Thank you for your generous words.
We are very proud of this product and we think this can be very helpful to all magicians that like to produce smoke in their performances. :) [/quote]

Is the mechanism is stored entirely in the watchface, does it mean we can freely change the watchband? Also (this might be obvious) does the watch actually tell the time?
Because if it doesn't and the wheel turns, people could combine it with PK time :)
Can't wait to hear more details and a release date.
Looks great! A guy I met in Genii convention showed me a clip of the same thing. It's also a smoke device built in a watch. I think the guy in the video is the guy who created Vapr. Not 100% sure he's Asian. You might want to touch base with them. Can't wait for sleeveless smoke device to hit the market. When is this going to be released?
Well, there are already sleeveless methods but I guess this one is built into the watch? If yes, can you change anything of the watch because this really isn't that type of a watch I would wear. The other thing is how many smokes can you do with it before you have to refill it?
[quote]On Jan 3, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Well, there are already sleeveless methods but I guess this one is built into the watch? If yes, can you change anything of the watch because this really isn't that type of a watch I would wear. The other thing is how many smokes can you do with it before you have to refill it? [/quote]

[quote]On Jan 4, 2016, Sashac wrote:
[quote]On Jan 3, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Well, there are already sleeveless methods but I guess this one is built into the watch? If yes, can you change anything of the watch because this really isn't that type of a watch I would wear. The other thing is how many smokes can you do with it before you have to refill it? [/quote]

25 [/quote]

Thanks, so you can't make them longer/shorter right? Is there something like small capsules or do you have to refill it with gl****in?
Crazy smart. Lynx is on a roll with the R&D.
WoW nice. Bet it cost a lot as well.
[quote]On Jan 4, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
WoW nice. Bet it cost a lot as well. [/quote]

Like every new smoke device :P
This might be the smoke device to make me spend my money on. We'll see when the reviews come in...
Got connected with the guy I met in Genii. He'll be sending the video to me. He said the guy in the video is the creator of vapr. I remember the watch looks pretty nicer. I'll post it up here later tonight.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, ReviewerMaster wrote:
Got connected with the guy I met in Genii. He'll be sending the video to me. He said the guy in the video is the creator of vapr. I remember the watch looks pretty nicer. I'll post it up here later tonight. [/quote]

Do you know more about when the release is planned?
Hello it's Will Tsai here. ReviewerMaster, not sure where you are getting the clip. Would you be able to keep the video(s) to yourself until the product launches? It'll be super wonderful for all to see everything all at once! Thank you in advance. And for the people who might have recorded my performance with Vapr Watch somewhere in the world, if you could do the same, it'd be much much appreciated. Thank you all.

Since quite a few have messaged me from here, I'd share my response all at once. No I am not a part of Lynx Magic. Yes I do have my Vapr Watch coming up. It was meant to come out last Christmas. However the release date was moved to March due to my obsession of adding some really cool features. I am very excited about it! Can't give too much info away at the moment. It's beyond just a smoke watch. For the people who likes options for their investments, you might find this info useful.

Best,
will
But Will! This watch was created by Nicholas Lawrence....Ohhhhh..too soon?
James
I use Vapr in all my gigs. Can't wait to see what you came up with Will! Can you give a little more info?
No more sleeves!! Now there are options! Let's wait and see...
Good one Xiqual!!! I too would like to see the price on this. Need to start saving...
So to clarify, lynx magic is coming out with a separate "smoke watch" and will tsai is coming out with a separate "vapr smoke watch"
2 watches coming out?

-Eli
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, elimagic wrote:
So to clarify, lynx magic is coming out with a separate "smoke watch" and will tsai is coming out with a separate "vapr smoke watch"
2 watches coming out?

-Eli [/quote]

Well so at least we would have a choice between different styles & functions :P Wouldn't be the worst scenario for the fact that you have to stay with the style.
Let the battle begin - "Watch" out :D
When I see all the problems I got with Vapr, I won't put any $ in the Vapr Watch !

Lynx has a wonderful customer service and their products are always top notch :)
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
When I see all the problems I got with Vapr, I won't put any $ in the Vapr Watch !

Lynx has a wonderful customer service and their products are always top notch :) [/quote]

How often did you use it and what was the problem? I mean, I really don't use it very often, but so far I never had a problem with it.

Lynx has a wonderful customer service and their products are always top notch :) [/quote]

Of course they do, they're Portugueses <3
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:

How often did you use it and what was the problem? I mean, I really don't use it very often, but so far I never had a problem with it. [/quote]

After 3 weeks of non-use, the smoke wouldn't come out.. I had to return it and the shop told me it was one of their worse idea to put it in their catalog, it costs as much money to get the defective unit back and to send them to Murphys than they earn by selling some.

And I don't like Sansminds in general, they have been lying in several add copies, bad quality gimmick and I'm upset to be taken for an idiot by them :)

But this is off topic, let's go back to the amazing device that is Lynx Smoke ;)
Looks great... Any eta on release?
Seems it's out for Pre-Order

Lynx Magic brings you Lynx Smoke, the most innovative and reliable method for producing beautiful clouds of smoke from the magician bare hands, sleeveless.

No more wires, cables, special cloth requirements or big battery packs.

Finally the magician can produce the smoke in one self-contained wristwatch, making the effect much stronger and clean.

If you don´t wear a watch while performing magic, Lynx Smoke is the perfect reason to start using one.

*PATENT PENDING

This product will be released at Blackpool Convention 2016 and will be delivered to our pre-order customers on 22th February

www.lynx-magic.com/products/pre-order-lynx-smoke/
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIruPfaWtC0

Hmmmm the watch looks good, but it's nothing for me!
1. For me a smoke device where I have to press a key is useless. If there would be any wireless controll, I would maybe think about it.
2. If you watch closely - in all the videos, it's always 10:09. So I'm pretty sure this isn't a working watch and I really don't want to wear a watch which is showing the wrong time all day if someone notice it.
I had a higher expectation before this trailer. It looks more like a prototype rather than a complete product though. This idea is the holy grail of smoke device. Now let's see if the other one will be better..

I agree. Lynx has quality magic and although I have not had any problems with my Vapr yet I would still go with Lynx because of what I have heard about Sansminds customer service. Plus eventually Sansminds will stop selling crucial parts needed to fix the watch just like with Vapr.

Also, would love to see this with wireless activation so It can be done one handed. But this is already such a nice innovation. How could I ask for more.
I think that real clients will be more astonished about the fact that you are using a strange looking watch (when you can use a good looking one and have a professional modern look) than yourself making smoke appear.
Also it will be funny to see a group of magician, all wearing the same watch.
GoncaloGil , on the site it says you can set a time delay for when the smoke is released form the watch. Up to how many seconds can you set the time delay from when you press the switch to when the smoke is released?
Thanks!
For me the watch is really huge, it doesn't make many puffs and it can be seen that the smoke come from the watch. Ten puffs are not enough. Personally I prefer mystery smoke that costs much less and it is also professional and sleeveless
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, pelicantrapper wrote:
GoncaloGil , on the site it says you can set a time delay for when the smoke is released form the watch. Up to how many seconds can you set the time delay from when you press the switch to when the smoke is released?
Thanks! [/quote]

Hello Pelican,

Thanks for your message.

Up to around 20 seconds.

As soon as the smoke comes out the watch vibrates, so you know when the smoke comes out.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, gavaro wrote:
For me the watch is really huge, it doesn't make many puffs and it can be seen that the smoke come from the watch. Ten puffs are not enough. Personally I prefer mystery smoke that costs much less and it is also professional and sleeveless [/quote]

It doesn´t allow for 10 puffs. If you don´t have 3 seconds to apply the liquid (for some strange reason) then yes, it will work for 10 smoke productions.
For me the watch is really huge, it doesn't make many puffs and it can be seen that the smoke come from the watch. Ten puffs are not enough. Personally I prefer mystery smoke that costs much less and it is also professional and sleeveless [/quote]

Also my favorite one atm. Well let's see if the smoke watch from Will Tsai will be better.

Also my favorite one atm. Well let's see if the smoke watch from Will Tsai will be better. [/quote]

Our product is patent pending internationally and we really would love to see the video that Will Tsai has.

Its strange that will take 3 months to launch a Vapr Watch, very strange.

3 months just right after we launch ours. We hope its not a coincidence, but we are protected by law regarding a smoke device inside a watch.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:

Also my favorite one atm. Well let's see if the smoke watch from Will Tsai will be better. [/quote]

Our product is patent pending internationally and we really would love to see the video that Will Tsai has.

3 months just right after we launch ours. We hope its not a coincidence, but we are protected by law regarding a smoke device inside a watch. [/quote]

I also hope (for you) that it's not just a copy of your product, but if it has remote controll or a working watch before you have a version like that, they will be a hard competitor for you.

3 months just right after we launch ours. We hope its not a coincidence, but we are protected by law regarding a smoke device inside a watch. [/quote]

I also hope (for you) that it's not just a copy of your product, but if it has remote controll or a working watch before you have a version like that, they will be a hard competitor for you. [/quote]

A remote control is totally useless. 100% useless for a watch that delivers smoke.

We didn´t added a remote simply because it would make our product much worse.

Why do you want to place remotes in your body, if you may have a 100% self contained unit, with delay and vibrating?

A remote, I repeat, is much worse that a switch on the watch itself.
Remember that magic doesn't have to be noticed. The smoke watch is deducible

A remote control is totally useless. 100% useless for a watch that delivers smoke.

We didn´t added a remote simply because it would make our product much worse.

Why do you want to place remotes in your body, if you may have a 100% self contained unit, with delay and vibrating?

A remote, I repeat, is much worse that a switch on the watch itself. [/quote]

Just a personal preference. I would like it if you don't have to touch the watch at all. Not only for the standard version where you wear it, but also you would have so much possibilities more with a remote contorl. I use my Vapr also in many other situations where you let anything smoke over a distance. So you could even do other tricks with the watch over a distance if you just need a bit of smoke anywhere else. That's why I love it when smoke devices have a remote control.
The other thing is I would love to have a "real" watch and not a broken watch.
You write in the description of the product: "If you don´t wear a watch while performing magic, Lynx Smoke is the perfect reason to start using one."
And what is when I already wear a watch? Then I shouldn't buy it? If you are a magician who's always wearing a watch because you perform tricks where you have to stop the time... Should I switch my watch now during the performance?
I'd think having a remote instead of time delay is better. You get the full control of the device instead of trying to time and wait for it. Just my two cents.
Just checking in guys. GoncaloGil I assume you are the creator of the Lynx Smoke? No it didn't take us three month. It took us three and the half years to get to mass production stage. And with our volume, we need to make sure everything is ready when we start to move it. If you are or have an R&D guy, I'm sure you'd understand the process and time it takes for an electronic device to be invented, prototyped, revised, tested, trial run produced, mass produced, and with the international logistic arranged. It's no where close to a 3 month job. Our device is also patent pending for the smoke device built in a watch and the wireless technology involved. Just to clear that up. I am sure you have your market and supporters and we have ours. The market is big and I wish both of us have much success with our inventions.

I agree GamJoker and C Dunlop Magic, from personal experience, having the complete control over the device does have major advantage in performance. At least it's my preferred method. That's why in our Vapr Watch we have a dedicated remote for it. Just like Vapr. :)
Does the watch give correct time?
No, due to the electronics that are inside. However if your spectator notices the time is not correct while you perform magic, you should consider another job :)

Can I perform Lynx Smoke Sleeveless?
Absolutely. We engineered all the electronics into an innocent prop that everyone uses (a watch). No one suspects that the watch is gimmicked, allowing the magician to roll his sleeves totally, giving the performer total freedom, creating a very magical moment.

Does it make any noise?
Lynx Smoke is quiet, producing a small noise, impossible to hear while performing, being perfect for close-up.

How is the smoke activated?
The watchband has a very well disguised switch. The magician only needs to press it to activate the smoke. Also the magician can define how many seconds of delay he wants before the smoke starts to being produced. Once the smoke starts, the watch vibrates, indicating to the magician that the smoke is coming out. This is a huge plus regarding this product.

Does Lynx Smoke uses a battery?
Yes, it uses a battery that is secretly hidden inside the watch casing. A full battery is enough for approximately 25 smoke productions. It also comes with a USB charger, and each battery takes only 60 minutes to charge.

Does Lynx Smoke uses any special cartridge?
No. You just need to apply two drops of the special liquid included directly into the lynx watch. This process takes no more than 3 seconds. Just two drops of liquid are enough for approximately 10 smoke productions.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, Will Tsai wrote:
I agree GamJoker and C Dunlop Magic, from personal experience, having the complete control over the device does have major advantage in performance. At least it's my preferred method. That's why in our Vapr Watch we have a dedicated remote for it. Just like Vapr. :) [/quote]

Great to hear, can you already tell me if your watch is showing the actual time or is it also just showing the same time 24/7?
We've finally found the best solution to the smoke device plot, I'll not talk about the Will future release, I'm more interested in this one for various reasons.

The smoke is clean, elegant, the device is silent, it's extremly pratical and economic. The reset (I mean, the process of putting more liquid ofc) is not more than 2-3 seconds.

For me, it's the final answer to the smoke production plot.

Designed by workers, for workers.
Thanks for the info Will. I'll wait for yours to make my decision. I only want to spend the $350 once. I like the remote function already though!
I don't understand the remote control thing.. You will have to press it anyway ! Or you put the remote in your shoe and activate it with your toe ? I don't get it.
If it's like the Vapr one is convenient. Just put the band under your arm. Takes a second and you are in full control of the device. Sometimes I use the pocket set up too. It's quite neat that the remote was designed in that shape. Sits nicely in the pocket.
I am not a fan of time delay devices too. It's just not as convenient. Looks nice though. The price is like $380 USD. Quite a bit of investment here. I'll wait on this one so I don't have to spend the money twice.
25 puffs and 60 minutes of recharging... With that in mind the refill process doesn't seem that impressive to me.
For the delayed activation - timing is all with smoke devices and to have full (remote) control makes sense.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, ArtIn wrote:
25 puffs and 60 minutes of recharging... With that in mind the refill process doesn't seem that impressive to me.
For the delayed activation - timing is all with smoke devices and to have full (remote) control makes sense. [/quote]

Use the smoke to enhance an effect, not to create one.

Don't tell me you'll smoking all way down running for one side to another side saying 'I'M BURNING!!!!!' during more than 60 minutes.
Are you using smoke in every phase of an ACR? x)
It only does 25 puffs and 60 mins of charging? For the price point it's not very impressive at all.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, AaronishMagic wrote:
It only does 25 puffs and 60 mins of charging? For the price point it's not very impressive at all. [/quote]

Does it matter? I never used more than 25 puffs in a performance. Charge it, make your performance, do it with under 25 puffs, go home & charge it again & store it for the next performance.
Buy - as offered - a second battery and go again after a couple of seconds if you want to become the magician's master puff maker... Seldom read so much bu...it on one page... Jan
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, C. Dunlop Magic wrote:
If it's like the Vapr one is convenient. Just put the band under your arm. Takes a second and you are in full control of the device. Sometimes I use the pocket set up too. It's quite neat that the remote was designed in that shape. Sits nicely in the pocket. [/quote]

With Lynx Smoke there are no bands, unless you want to give the illusion that you exercise (pun intended).

And with Lynx Smoke you activate the button with the same hand by pushing it lightly into the body in a very discrete motion. Like this you don´t need to go to your pocket and press a button (or even use the other hand), or you would go outside the spectators vision and the action would be suspicious.

Everything in this product is extremelly well thought out and was created with the professional magician in mind.
This does look good.. it was a logical step for this kind of thing too. I cant wait to get my hands on one
[quote]On Jan 4, 2016, Will Tsai wrote:
Hello it's Will Tsai here. ReviewerMaster, not sure where you are getting the clip. Would you be able to keep the video(s) to yourself until the product launches? It'll be super wonderful for all to see everything all at once! Thank you in advance. And for the people who might have recorded my performance with Vapr Watch somewhere in the world, if you could do the same, it'd be much much appreciated. Thank you all.

Since quite a few have messaged me from here, I'd share my response all at once. No I am not a part of Lynx Magic. Yes I do have my Vapr Watch coming up. It was meant to come out last Christmas. However the release date was moved to March due to my obsession of adding some really cool features. I am very excited about it! Can't give too much info away at the moment. It's beyond just a smoke watch. For the people who likes options for their investments, you might find this info useful.

Best,
will [/quote]

I think its really crappy for Will to come on here to push his watch before he even has one to show. I think hes full of it. If he does he should of started his own forum on his and not try and hijack this one. Bad form my friend. With that said I would go with the Lynk watch. There products are always top notch. Well thought out. Will;s last smoke device had some issues.
Not the first time SM do this kind of thing.. If people stop buying from them, we wouldn't be there talking crap.
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
[quote]On Jan 4, 2016, Will Tsai wrote:

Best,
will [/quote]

I think its really crappy for Will to come on here to push his watch before he even has one to show. I think hes full of it. If he does he should of started his own forum on his and not try and hijack this one. Bad form my friend. With that said I would go with the Lynk watch. There products are always top notch. Well thought out. Will;s last smoke device had some issues. [/quote]
Time Will tell.
What's the issue here? I saw Lynx smoke and Mystery smoke both posted in the Vapr page a couple days ago. It's just an open forum!
I think it's fair and very nice of Will to keep us posted. Good to know we have options. I'd be mad if I didn't know about it and had to spend that kind of money twice.
True. There are a few posts about this watch and mystery smoke in the vapr thread too. I don't see a problem with that. I wish Will shares more info. Like price point and stuff. $350 euro is quite expensive for me. I'd prefer to spend it only once and stick with it.
A smoke watch is an amazing idea!! This will solve many existing issues. Great that we have two options here. Can't wait to see what the other one has to offer. I can't stop thinking about what I could do with it
Mystery smoke it only cost € 195 end has three different ways to use
The watch smoke end granted for me lt cost much more
Very interested in the lifetime guarantee of both of these items. That is a lot of money for something that is not covered in some fashion.
I for one would like to see some sort of insurance on both of these items. I want my item to last a lifetime but for some reason that seems unrealistic. Electronic smoke devices usually break. If not now then later. I would be interested in some sort of insurance or a guarantee offered on the item for at least 5-10 years.

Thanks!
That's ideal but I really think it's unlikely to happen. I bought my iPhone knowing it'll be done in two years max, and the insurance only covers for so long. But it'd be NICE though. Just saying..
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, AaronishMagic wrote:
I think it's fair and very nice of Will to keep us posted. Good to know we have options. I'd be mad if I didn't know about it and had to spend that kind of money twice. [/quote]
In the trade we used to call what Will has done here a 'spoiler'. Basically announcing a similar product to be launched just after the original one launches. Most sales of a new product are made in the first two weeks after launch. By my reckoning this move will cost Lynx about a third of their initial sales as punters wait to see what Will's offers in comparison. The lack of early detail from Will is a classic spoiler tactic. He's a savvy marketer.
What trade are you in TG Jones? I think for business folks there's no difference. They just post in each other's thread to get their products out there. I agree with AaronishMagic on this one though. I wouldn't be happy not knowing I have options before tossing out this much money. At the end of the day, the product will speak for itself. The better product will sell more. That's the whole purpose of this forum. We are here to help each other figure things out. We are here for the information.
Might as well wait until Next year when they release a smoke producing finger ring. (:
True. If they both have similar products coming up, as customers we should know about it and be able to make our own judgement. Right now at least we know GoncaloGil's version uses time delay and Will's version uses a remote. For the people who prefer remote, they know GoncaloGil's version is not for them. This saves those people their hard earned cash. For those who likes the product as it is, they will buy it right away. It's fair for us as customers when things are transparent like that. And we should be able to make our own buying decision knowing what's in it for us. It's a $400 investment in this time of the year.
I also like it that I have two options now. I wait for more details from Will and if I don't like it, I go with the Lynx one. If their watch is better than Will's they will still get their orders. If it's not better, I would just never buy something from them again if I wasted 325€ on an item and a month later a version is coming out that I like more.
LOL pelicantrapper. Or smoke nail polish. So we can really produce smoke from our fingertips.
Looks nice, but imo a bit difficult to manage the fact of wearing a watch. suspicion
is programmed. just my opinion.

but the watch looks good and stylish. I'm just not one of the guys that wears a watch, not
privatly and never if doin magic.

but anyway: good luck guys and I'm pretty sure that the quality will be superb. :)
At first I thought...,. WOW, this is what I've been looking for. BUT SERIOUSLY, no manual operation? No remote control?? Instead, a timer for smoke production? What the? How can this be of any use in the working world at all? Surely smoke production needs to be on demand!!!?! Anybody who argues otherwise is totally fooling themsleves. I like Lynx magic, and I wish them well with this product, hope it proves me wrong, and that I end up owning one, but at the moment... sounds like a total NON WORKER.

As for Will TSAI's one... if he can produce a watch that is fully remote controlled then I'll be interested... But VAPR was a complete joke for me. My unit stopped working within 2 months.. got a replacement and THAT BURNED OUT TOO... and before you say it, the device was used rarely and subtley... don't blame me, it was a load of junk soldered together... Just like ALL THE OTHER SMOKE DEVICES OUT THERE, they are good for a week then BANG, STOP WORKING. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.......

Search for a decent smoke machine continues....
Trevor Duffy's Smokey Magic 2 works like a charm. I was sent one by a fellow ex dealer to play around with. It is imho the most reliable device for smoke production. Refills available on every high street at very low cost. Best of all it can be set up to produce smoke from under the watch strap and for a quarter of the price of the latest and greatest.
Is this still in production? I've never heard of it.

I did actually think MAGIC SMOKE V2 by illusioncraft was the best... I used to swear by this,,, until my unti burned out. Didn't mind, tried to get a new one ... only to find they have been discontinued and will no longer be manufactured anymore... This was as good as it got.,, simple device that cut out all the complex electronics and main units..... ***, I miss that thing.
If you liked MSV2 you will love SMV2. It works on a similar principle but doesn't rely on a bespoke smoke unit.
Mark at Saturn Magic had a couple going cheap as part of his black hole clearance sale, if you're quick you just might grab one. If not then try propdog.
Mark has a couple of units left if you're quick.
Hi Guys,

Regarding the remote, I will explain you why for a professional magician and in this case, for Lynx Smoke, a remote is making the product worse:

When using a remote, the hand must leave the spectators view for a button to be pushed (like vapr) for example.
The other option is a toe switch, which is uncomfortable to wear and not 100% reliable.

With Lynx Smoke you just need to casually either press the button with the other hand or press the wrist slightly into the body, to activate the smoke.

In our opinion a remote (specifically in the case of a watch that produces smoke) is for amateurs who like to play with toys because they love the word remote or because they think it is cool.

Lynx watch was made by professionals for professionals and, as unlike other smoke devices it won´t fail, period. If anything happens Lynx Magic will change any part for FREE. We stand behind EVERYTHING we sell and unlike other "industrially made smoke machines" or "mass produced" as someone said above, our isn´t.

Each watch takes us 3 hours to make. Each product is tested each time it goes to the client.

Each unit is made in Portugal, by hand, and not in a factory overseas that doesn´t understand the complexity of producing a smoke device that withstands constant use. Specially with the huge complexity of our watch, that has a LOT of engineering (and the ferrari of materials).

And as you can easily see by the following video, would be so easy for us to place a remote function on a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewrPARp8VU

We just KNOW that a working professional magician (like we at Lynx are) don´t want a useless remote in their pocket. If anyone wants one, sorry, won´t be with us producing it.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, Ceierry wrote:
For the delayed activation - timing is all with smoke devices and to have full (remote) control makes sense. [/quote]

Don't tell me you'll smoking all way down running for one side to another side saying 'I'M BURNING!!!!!' during more than 60 minutes.
Are you using smoke in every phase of an ACR? x) [/quote]

Thank you for your great advice Olivier! ;)
Should I mention possible smoke applications and you go for the first one?
Anyways, I wish Lynx Magic much success with this product.
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Lynx watch was made by professionals for professionals and, as unlike other smoke devices it won´t fail, period. If anything happens Lynx Magic will change any part for FREE. We stand behind EVERYTHING we sell and unlike other "industrially made smoke machines" or "mass produced" as someone said above, our isn´t.
[/quote]

That's a commitment ! Great job :)
GoncaloGil, I understand you are just defending your product. Just want to point out that you might be offending some people here. People have their way of thinking and should have the freedom to decide what's for them. I perform nearly 300 shows last year and consider myself a professional. I am a remote person, not saying timer is bad, I just prefer remote. I have tons of experience with timer devices and remote ones. I've had much greater success with remote. It's just a personal thing. I am sure some could prefer timer. But to say people who prefer remote control function are not professional is a little too much to swallow. Wish you much success.
Amazing watch idea! A little too expensive though. Wish it's more affordable.
Hmm, I guess it's just me but this seems ridiculous. $395 for a watch that doesn't actually work? I understand why it doesn't function as a watch but that completely loses any value for me. Why on earth would I walk around with a non working timepiece when I already wear a very nice watch that works? Maybe Will Tsai's version will actually also work as a watch and as a smoke machine. I guess if you're a parlor or stage magician then it's not an issue but in walk around I can't imagine anything dumber because someone is going to ask you for the time. Often. And no it's not because I'm a crappy performer as the ad so rudely tries to spin. It's because if you're wearing a watch that doesn't work, people are going to think you're a twit. No, I can't tell you the time because I need to change the battery on my knockoff Timex. It's a nice step in the evolution of smoke devices but I'll keep my $$$ until the next gen when someone gets it complete.
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Hmm, I guess it's just me but this seems ridiculous. $395 for a watch that doesn't actually work? I understand why it doesn't function as a watch but that completely loses any value for me. Why on earth would I walk around with a non working timepiece when I already wear a very nice watch that works? Maybe Will Tsai's version will actually also work as a watch and as a smoke machine. I guess if you're a parlor or stage magician then it's not an issue but in walk around I can't imagine anything dumber because someone is going to ask you for the time. Often. And no it's not because I'm a crappy performer as the ad so rudely tries to spin. It's because if you're wearing a watch that doesn't work, people are going to think you're a twit. No, I can't tell you the time because I need to change the battery on my knockoff Timex. It's a nice step in the evolution of smoke devices but I'll keep my $$$ until the next gen when someone gets it complete. [/quote]

Its really amazing the comments of some people like you.

We took months on prototyping and did a revolution regarding a smoke device: we got rid of every single tube, sleeves and made something really different and workable.

The watch itself is 100% moulded. It is not a modified watch but a custom made one.

Reading your post made us laugh but perhaps you are from another planet. Gladly we are receiving a lot of emails from our idols in magic, who want to review this for us, for FREE, because they LOVE and will USE our product.

Regarding the non working watch:

1 - Our watch doesn´t have the seconds dial, and for that reason spectators can´t immediately say it doesn´t work.
2 - Our watch don´t have numbers as you can see, so its hard to say if its the correct time or not.

If you don´t buy we honestly don´t care. You make part of the 0,01% who really care if the watch works or not, because everyone understands the huge step in smoke devices we did here.

Finally, let me just tell you, and trust us, we know what we are talking about, when we say that the watch can work, but would be MUCH thicker that would look like a fake or clown watch. OR it would have a very small battery that would allow the magician to give 5 poofs of smoke before changing the battery.
Just an opinion of Justin Miller, a professional and great magician:

"FINALLY!!!! As someone who made Ultra Smoke 2k famous, and have worked on a ton of smoke projects, I know the importance of a few things when TRYING to create the HOLY GRAIL of smoke devices. 1. It has to be practical and safe. The reason that US2k fell off the market is because I could no longer in good conscious allow my name to be associated with a dangerous and corrosive product.
And in NO WAY was it practical:) 2. It has to be hidden.

I always wanted one that is hidden in plain sight. I created a device a while ago with Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris. We never did anything with it but it was a device that fit directly into a card box or deck shell. And 3. The upkeep should be very very minimum

Lynx Smoke has hit every marker:safe, practical, sleek, sexy, hidden in plain sight etc...

I am SOOO excited for this to finally hit the market.

If anyone is to come up with another device BETTER than Lynx Smoke..they have a LONG way to go.

Near impossible I would even go as far as saying BRAVO João Miranda BRAVO!!!!

I cannot wait to get mine:)
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, ArtIn wrote:
[quote]On Jan 5, 2016, Ceierry wrote:

Are you using smoke in every phase of an ACR? x) [/quote]

Thank you for your great advice Olivier! ;)
Should I mention possible smoke applications and you go for the first one?
Anyways, I wish Lynx Magic much success with this product. [/quote]

I wish them too :)
You're welcome!
AS GOOD as the watch might be, you are still kidding yourselves if you think a timer is better than a remote!! Absolutely cannot be justified no matter which way you spin it!
[quote]On Jan 7, 2016, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
AS GOOD as the watch might be, you are still kidding yourselves if you think a timer is better than a remote!! Absolutely cannot be justified no matter which way you spin it! [/quote]

Totally agree on this one.
It is nice.. very clean but I agree ... a timer is not as practical as a remote .... I think that a trigger that would activate on a specific movement of the wrist would have been better.
I also think the watch is huge... If I saw that before reading that it was the watch the gimmick I instantly realised what was going on ... a lamen will as well... this is good only when it is combined with a great effect that will drag the attention of the spectator away from the smoke
[quote]On Jan 7, 2016, Jeremybax wrote:
It is nice.. very clean but I agree ... a timer is not as practical as a remote .... I think that a trigger that would activate on a specific movement of the wrist would have been better. [/quote]

Yes sure. A movement in false... ups... a magician is burning. :)
I also think the watch is huge... If I saw that before reading that it was the watch the gimmick I instantly realised what was going on ... a lamen will as well... this is good only when it is combined with a great effect that will drag the attention of the spectator away from the smoke [/quote]

Trust me, it is NOT huge. It is roughly the size as a rolex or omega.
So does it means that the one on the video is just a prototype?
Most of you are missing the point. You say a spectator will know right away the smoke is coming from the watch? LOL. I think having long sleeves the spectator knows were the smoke comes from. If you are performing your effects right they will not even think twice about the watch. I cant wait to get my hands on this.
I am dumbfounded that people are complaining the watch doesn't work. Same people probably claim they can't suck their thumb wearing a thumb tip.
Magic is about misdirection and presentation. If you have spectators pulling you up on things then you aren't doing one of these things right.
I'm guessing that adding a remote feature would increase the size of the watch?
I love the look of this. Due to the watch not telling time, (and not being waterproof!) I would take it on and off before and after performing. Thus I would be interested in a supporting carry case while carrying it in a pocket to protect it.

Also will the price rise after pre-orders?
[quote]On Jan 8, 2016, pauljames wrote:
I'm guessing that adding a remote feature would increase the size of the watch? [/quote]

Well, Will said his watch will have a remote control, so we will see if it's a lot bigger as soon as we see his first pictures :P
I would dare to say that Justin Miller is the last person in the world that knows what "sexy' is. He also seems to not understand the word "sleek".
James

[quote]On Jan 7, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:

"FINALLY!!!! As someone who made Ultra Smoke 2k famous, and have worked on a ton of smoke projects, I know the importance of a few things when TRYING to create the HOLY GRAIL of smoke devices. 1. It has to be practical and safe. The reason that US2k fell off the market is because I could no longer in good conscious allow my name to be associated with a dangerous and corrosive product.

I always wanted one that is hidden in plain sight. I created a device a while ago with Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris. We never did anything with it but it was a device that fit directly into a card box or deck shell. And 3. The upkeep should be very very minimum

Lynx Smoke has hit every marker:safe, practical, sleek, sexy, hidden in plain sight etc...

If anyone is to come up with another device BETTER than Lynx Smoke..they have a LONG way to go.

I cannot wait to get mine:) [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 3, 2016, dp wrote:
I was privileged to have an early look at this product.

The R & D that the guys at Lynx Magic have put into this original creation is amazing. I only wish World Magic Shop were selling them but it is exclusive to them.

Congratulations on a groundbreaking product. One of the best things I have ever seen!

David Penn [/quote]

Where are David and Blammo to help smooth things out?
I am uncertain why there's a slight negativity here... Anyways, I believe that the magic community should be really excited about this product because this is definitely a step forward! How many of us were frustrated with the t*b** and/or reluctant to take up some of the smoke devices out there due to the set-up? I think the Lynx Magic Team was pretty radical in their design thinking to cleverly pack all the electronics into the watch. While I do acknowledge that some of the comments listed above including availability of remote and a working watch would definitely step up the game, however, can't we just be nice and constructive? I think the device has been designed such away because it gives so much flexibility for close-ups and parlor, instead of a stand alone smoke machine.

I am sure some of the magicians out there will definitely welcome the device, despite its price tag. :)
I agree with ruzifa. The Café' should be a place where magicians help magicians. The watch idea is really clever. A logical step in this kind of devices. Look forward to both Lynx version and the remote version from Will. They've worked hard to benefit the magic community and we should give them our supports.
Very interesting and promising little prop. Very clever idea.

However I have one suggestion. Instead of a normal micro switch that protrudes out of the strap, it would be better if a flat micro tactile switch be placed concealed inside the strap.

It is nice.. very clean but I agree ... a timer is not as practical as a remote .... I think that a trigger that would activate on a specific movement of the wrist would have been better. [/quote]

I have no idea about the working of this device. However after watching the demo video, and as I understand, the timer seems to control the time duration of the smoke after the device has been activated by the switch. Generation of the smoke takes its own time as the liquid needs to be heated before it can convert to smoke. Hence I see not much use of a remote activation and more so since the watch is worn on the magician's own wrist with easy & concealed access to the switch.

Just my thoughts.

:xmas:
Very cool thinking!

[quote]On Jan 11, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Very interesting and promising little prop. Very clever idea.

However I have one suggestion. Instead of a normal micro switch that protrudes out of the strap, it would be better if a flat micro tactile switch be placed concealed inside the strap.

I have no idea about the working of this device. However after watching the demo video, and as I understand, the timer seems to control the time duration of the smoke after the device has been activated by the switch. Generation of the smoke takes its own time as the liquid needs to be heated before it can convert to smoke. Hence I see not much use of a remote activation and more so since the watch is worn on the magician's own wrist with easy & concealed access to the switch.

Just my thoughts.

:xmas: [/quote]
Nice ,great expectations from this.
Nice job! :dancing:
Hi guys,

Take a look to our new "unboxing Lynx Smoke". Here you can see exactly what you receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEyeTsYOXY

We will be at Blackpool Convention 2016 with "Lynx Smoke" and other of our products.

Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil
[quote]On Jan 3, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hello Guys,

We at Lynx Magic have been working for a long time on a smoke device that uses no tubes, its totally sleeveless and self contained. [/quote]

There is a tube.
I don't really get any smoke gadgets. No spectator will think "he magically made smoke appear from no where". They will think, ooh, that's clever, where is he hiding the e-cig.
[quote]On Feb 10, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hi guys,

Take a look to our new "unboxing Lynx Smoke". Here you can see exactly what you receive.

We will be at Blackpool Convention 2016 with "Lynx Smoke" and other of our products.

Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil [/quote]

Great! In magic, such transparency is seldom seen. Tells you exactly what you are going to get and its working thus one can judge whether the prop is suitable for ones kind of performance or not. For me this is a very useful prop.

On my next purchase list.

:xmas:

I think you'll find the idea for a smoke watch is in Gregory Wilson's notebooks from 10 years ago. Meet him in his dojo and he'll show you.
[quote]On Feb 10, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil [/quote]

Thank you for being so open , it a beautiful piece .

I'm however very concerned if sweat will damage the fan or the workings of the electronics . From the video a small hole is exposed for the fan to be plugged in . I'm never used to wearing straps or watches on my hand as I'll sweat a lot on my arms , thus I hope your can answer whether excessive sweat will damage the workings or decrease the life of the electronics , otherwise I'll have to take it off regularly and give my arms a wipe .

I regularly uses PYRO to shoot fireball at the end of most of my stage gigs , due to excessive sweating on my arms , the second and third slot had broken . Same goes to my VAPR , I sweats a lot even in cold environments just by wearing that wrist band , I had changed by battery thrice and heater coil 4 times . Hope Lynx Smoke will be better .
Amen! I am not a fan of justin miller. very poor customer service! I wouldnt trust his opinion of todays weather let alone something magic related

[quote]On Jan 8, 2016, Xiqual wrote:
I would dare to say that Justin Miller is the last person in the world that knows what "sexy' is. He also seems to not understand the word "sleek".
James

[quote]On Jan 7, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:

I cannot wait to get mine:) [/quote] [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 6, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
When using a remote, the hand must leave the spectators view for a button to be pushed (like vapr) for example.
The other option is a toe switch, which is uncomfortable to wear and not 100% reliable.[/quote]

If you put a remote in your sock right above your shoe, you can hit it reliably every time. This seems like either a cop out or a lack of understanding on their part.

[/quote]

Out of curiosity what kind of patent are you looking to get? Your device already uses patented technology most likely so it has to be an improvement or new use patent correct?
I'm not so sure I'd rely on Justin Miller's recommendations-- does anyone recall Hug?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=501369&forum=218

The watch in general is a cool idea, but even before I realized the watch was gaffed in the video, I thought "Geez, that's a bulky watch that guy's wearing!"
I'd also want to hear exactly how loud the motor is. I'm almost always in fairly quiet environments, so silent devices like Smokey Magic 2 work better for me. I guess there will always be trade offs.

Very nice to see the unboxing video, though. It's great to see what you'd be getting so you can make an informed decision, especially given the high cost of the item. I wish more people did this.
[quote]On Feb 11, 2016, funnymagic wrote:

I think you'll find the idea for a smoke watch is in Gregory Wilson's notebooks from 10 years ago. Meet him in his dojo and he'll show you. [/quote]

Lol, funniest post this week. Probably true too ;)

I think this product looks very promising and am looking forward to seeing it demoed.
Anyone else having problems getting the thing to produce smoke? I get plenty of buzzes, I assume in the right places, but no smoke?
I like the IDEA, but was not convinced at BP - I brought someone who knew nothing about it to see a demo (I asked him to show it me near the blackboard, so she couldn't see their products)

Her exact words wer 'well it was the watch' not 'was it the watch' or anything like that. Unfortunately, it was too obvious to her! Maybe a 3rd gen version of this will be more discrete.
[quote]On Feb 26, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:
I like the IDEA, but was not convinced at BP - I brought someone who knew nothing about it to see a demo (I asked him to show it me near the blackboard, so she couldn't see their products)

Her exact words wer 'well it was the watch' not 'was it the watch' or anything like that. Unfortunately, it was too obvious to her! Maybe a 3rd gen version of this will be more discrete. [/quote]

Agree with Marc watch looked incredibly bulky and I don't think even works as a watch and was the only place the smoke can come from so looked very obvious IMO
Message: Posted by: dynamite magic shop (Feb 28, 2016 09:03AM)
I saw the watches at blackpool, they looked VERY professional, a little large but large watches are available in watch-shops also. If the watches were tiny some people would ask for a bigger one for sure :)

About the "where does the smoke come from"...this is NOT the trick. The smoke is an ADDED effect to anything happening in your hands. You can make sleeve a coin up your sleeve secretly and making it look like it dissapears in the smoke. Spectators will tell others that they have seen you MAKING A COIN DISSAPEAR IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE. They will not think about "the guy wears a watch where smoke comes out if he likes to". You are a magician and you should do anything to make magic STRONGER...well, this is the one!

What can be more magical then doing amazing things in a cloud of smoke...of course people wonder where it comes from but there always should be a greater effect as well (coin vanish, card change, etc). If an illusionist on a big stage makes someone dissapear in a puff of smoke but under impossible conditions, do we as magicians and laypeople then wonder where the smoke came from? No..we are not..we want to know where the person went to and do not care about where that smoke came from..but the smoke made the extra magic!

So..Lynx Magic...go for it. Your products look amazing and are of a VERY GOOD quality...we hope we will sell a lof ot them in the future, no matter what you are going to produce.

P.S. I sold a LOT (almost 200 pcs) of the VAPR...no magician has ever bothered about smoke coming from the sleeve...they just wanted to produce smoke..so stop thinking the wrong way and start thinking how we all can create the strongest magical effects possible...at least, that's how I think about this matter.

René
Dynamite Magic Shop
Netherlands
I couldn't disagree more with dynamites last comment coming from your sleeve is far better than an over sized not working crappy looking watch inmo . Guilding the lily is expression I would use or to put it more simply the method is better than the effect so if you can vanish a coin you don't need to put bells on it , it's totally over kill .
I just received mine and I really like it so far.
I experimented with it for an entire day and it delivered a big cloud of smoke reliably whenever I needed it.
Yes the watch is a little big, and doesn't tell time, but it is right twice a day. Watchband was a bit too small for me so I extended it with some Velcro which was an easy fix.
There is a small whirring noise which I assume it's from the little fan. Certainly not a dealbreaker.
The main reason I like it is that it's compact and you don't have to be rigged up. You just put the watch on and go. Refilling is quick and easy.

For me the plusses definitely outweigh the minuses. Over time, if they develop a 2.0 version of this that's a little smaller, I would most certainly grab that one too.

Now all I have to do is avoid the temptation to overuse it, because the effect is pretty badass.
Hello Scott,

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

It means the world to us coming from a great magician like you. We really love your work!

It really is a true pleasure seeing that a lot of top professional magicians are using Lynx smoke.

We get emails from our idols in magic saying that the fact of not using sleeves at all to produce smoke really makes them enjoy our innovations and give us the force to come up with great solutions and great products.
I already integrated the watch in my show.

I used it for the start when I presented myself for the people like I will show you a great show and be sure that this will be a burner for you so the smoke came out at my hands. The reaction was great.

I also used it for the nail effect of Scott. I had the two last bags on the table and asked a spectator to hold his hands over the bags and give me the feeling which one is safe. So he told me this could be save.... Then I made the same with my hands and on the other bag which could be the nail inside was the smoke coming out of my hand. It looks great! there are endless possibilities
Message: Posted by: NicholasLawrenceMagic (Mar 18, 2016 01:22PM)
I recieved mine recently and have now familiarized myself with the functionality and overall feel for about 24 hours now. I would say my first impression is Quality, Easy to use and feels great both wearing the watch and operating. (James Bond feeling 100%) Its quite impressive in many ways, firstly the device is very reassuring with the vibration feature which is your communication with the watch. It is responciple for letting you know things such as when the device is going to produce the smoke or simply when your battery is low. Lynx Smoke does potentially have some Negatives depending on your expectations really, it is a full sized watch & does not keep proper time but that is not an issue for me, if someone asked me for the Time OR noticed the wrong time .. I plan on responding with "My battery expired sometime this morning, let me check my phone." easy as that. Another issue for some might be size, which is understandable but it is a mens watch and isn't anything out of the ordinary but suprisingly the device is very light in weight. ill be back with a furthered review but had to say how pleased I am with this slice of technological magi-gadget heaven so far, I believe this is the answer when it comes to smoke production for the working magician by inovating a smoke device that's soley operated from your wrist with no additional apparatus is really the biggest selling point.
I'm still waiting for my Lynx smoke to be send.. they said will be send within 10 days.. I purchased directly from their website.. they said currently it is Out of stock. but the availability status said it is : in stock.. :whatthe:
I've received my Lynx smoke today... wow! what an awesome device. I suggest you to watch the online explanation video first before playing with it. The watch is slightly big from a normal men's watch. you still looks normal when wearing it. this is by far my most favorite smoke device. I bought this for my manipulation routine & it is perfect. so no more wiring or tubing on my arm. I Love it so much!! :love:
Lynx Smoke – Joao Miranda

Product description : Tired of all the wired material needed in order to produce smoke ? Well, this product is for you, all self-contained in a watch, the Lynx Smoke is the smallest and coolest gimmick to produce smoke. Would this fit you, do I like it ? Read the review to know more about this revolutionnary gimmick !

Price and where to buy it : This is regularly sold at 325€ (about $370) + shipping ! But with my offer, you just have to send an email mentionning my name : "Alexis DE LA FUENTE" and you will get an amazing price at 290€ including shipping ! That's a reduction of 50€ ! So if you're interested, just shot a mail at : orders@joaomiranda.com

What you get : You get a small little box, very good looking one, in which you can find the watch, very well made, not too big, I really appreciate the look of it. You get the fan, a batterie, a mini usb charger, a bottle of product which will be needed to produce smoke and a link to watch an online video. The video is very well made, short, to the point, there isn't much about it, the system is very simple to understand ! I was really surprised by the quality of the whole thing, very well made, well packaged, not disappointed.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovl-699f8ok

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- The price is a little step but when you see the quality of the whole thing, the time they took to engineer the gimmick, I don't think it's overpriced. The even have to print small parts with 3D printer !
- You won't be using it every 2 minutes. This is a gimmick which you use only once during your performance (if you use it more, it will get hot).
- The smoke is quite thin and light, you have to use a fully charged battery and the right amount of product in order to produce a good puff !

THE PROS :
- I can't imagine of many hours went into this product ! It's the most complicated electronic gimmick I've saw in my entire life. Research and development must have been crazy for this product.
- Everything is self contained, you don't have to wear complicated setup, tubes or batteries in your pocket, pump under your arm or dodgy wristband. You just have to wear the watch and go !
- The watch doesn't give the correct hour, due to the electronics inside ! If you have more questions, there is a lot of answers on Jao Miranda website, you can go and see if your question has already be answered.
- This is a professional product designed for the professionals. Not everybody will buy it, I know but the few that will buy it, will be very happy with it.
- The "reset" (in order to make more smoke) takes less than 3 seconds ! I recommend you buying a spare batterie so you will be ready for the night.
- Joao Miranda customer service is top notch, he will answer very quickly.

Overall rating : Didn't think I would like this that much but it's something that I can see myself using. 4/4 hearts for me.

As for the difficulty level, the most difficult thing would be to not overuse this little baby, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : There is a lot of products to produce smoke on the market but I do think that Lynx Smoke is one of the most practical solution today.

If you liked my reviews, you can check all my other ones in the link below !
Hi Guys,

This beauty available from us of course with worldwide free fedex express shipping :) http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/lynx-smoke-watch-by-joao-miranda

Best,
Martin
Great idea, but too expensive for me...
Hi there,

I use the watch in every show about 3-4 times. I like the fact that the watch is producing smoke because I am wearing always shirts with short sleeves. I also changed the bracelet and added some velcro for a faster closing. Nobody can see it. Nobody can hear the fan that is also no problem. The loading of the smoke drops and the battery are also very easy. For me the best thing is the activation of the watch. There is no remote but a hidden button for on. I add always 5 seconds in the watch for the delay time. That means when I press on the button I have 5 seconds till the watch will produce the smoke.
For me the producing of the smoke is not a main effect. It can support the main effect. I am starting with my show and produce smoke in my instroduction as the background. I produce smoke with the book effect from Christoph Borer's Paradigm effect and I produce the smoke in the nail effect from Scott Alexander. When there are only 2 bags left I let a spectator feeling the bags and on the bag that they THINK is the nail I do the same and there is a bit smoke flying out.

that's it. For me the watch is a 100 % great tool.

For the next version I would hope for the following upgrades:

- Better closing of the bracelet (already with velcro)
- a bit a smaller watch

Have fun.

Best Regards
Ron
[youtube]Y96xHTUchoM[/youtube]
What's all the fuss with the size of the watch? I have seen larger normal watches many times. It seems to be the trend, at least here in Europe that larger is better?
Message: Posted by: Joao Miranda Magic (May 21, 2016 08:41AM)
Hello Guys!

Iam the creator of Lynx Smoke, among more 7 products I created in the last year: www.joaomiranda.com

It really is a honor to make a living creating products that magicians like but most importantly, use.

Florian Zimmer, Scott Alexander, Darcy Oake and many of my idols are using this product in particular.

If anyone has any question feel free to ask.

All the best.

João Miranda
I have read some posts that think this is a trick, it is not a trick, it is a utility device to enhance another magic trick effect you wish to use with it for added effect.

I was wandering, being a complete coin vanish has been mentioned several time, what coin vanish on the market will work the best with this device?

As in, show a coin on the palm of your right hand, cover it with the left hand, smoke is seen emanating from between the palms and fingers, hand removed and the coin is gone or changed to another coin or object. Any suggestions?

I ask, because I am not up on the latest coin vanishes. I do not see how a Topit or similar device would work in conjunction with this device.
Bill, Jeff Kaylors TKO 2.0 would work perfectly with Lynx smoke.
Message: Posted by: Joao Miranda Magic (May 22, 2016 08:10AM)
[quote]On May 21, 2016, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Bill, Jeff Kaylors TKO 2.0 would work perfectly with Lynx smoke. [/quote]

I also think its perfect for it. :)
My Lynx Smoke came in today and I think I'm in love! Yes, there are some problems. Yes, there are some size issues, but I still love this. This is what I've been waiting for.

The strap on the watch is actually quite short. I'm glad my wrists are as small as they are. I don't have much room to grow. Guys with larg wrists won't be able to wear this without adding some sort of extension. I don't know why it's so small. This should have been an easy problem to fix.

Also, the quality of the watch band is pretty low. It's some kind of very cheap material that I'm not familiar with. But the making of the yeah just itself is great!

have a presentation that I'll make a video of tomorrow. I think you guys will love it. It's my solution to the problems.
So here's my solution for these problems (with a silly routine.) I wanted the smoke to be the star of the show but in a different way.

Just some fun!

https://youtu.be/DjefWn9D9xc

The main epiphany was that if I could back light it, it would always seem like a gigantic amount of smoke. I was trying to think of practical ways to do so and just thought to use my phone. Since I was already using my phone, I thought I'd go ahead and add a sound effect to help cover the sound of the device. All in all, I think it's a great product.
How do you get so much smoke in one puff ?
[quote]On May 26, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
How do you get so much smoke in one puff ? [/quote]

It's just because it's backlit. Makes it look much fuller.
[quote]On May 26, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
How do you get so much smoke in one puff ? [/quote]
Hi,

Does anyone know how to produce the "thick smoke" from this watch because I could not. I tried may ways that Joa Miranda's staff suggest. Like fully charge the battery and don't put too much liquid into the tube. But still the smoke is very faint.

Am I missing something here?

I do not want to end my watch in my drawer...
Some before your post suggested shining bright flash behind the watch while producing smoke . You should watch the video , it's really nice .

But other than that I don't think there's much other ways ?
Https://youtu.be/DjefWn9D9xc

I saw the video it seems to me a grinder too noisy too huge
[quote]On May 20, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
[youtube]Y96xHTUchoM[/youtube] [/quote]

Why do you not demo it during your review?
I think there's a demo because from what I could see the device does little smoke and very noisy he did another review which shows the clock in action the production of smoke It was very light nearly invisible
You can see a demo in my French review, on my channel too :)
$ 350 for a device that can not be used at the professional level but only to play are too many
Well actually I don't quite get why those companies manufacturing magic smoke devices often can't come up with something reliable . I'm not saying Lynx but just companies in general , many product like VAPR and E Smoke produces thinn smoke . To be frank atom***** and batteries that turns on with moving air is been out for a long time , and that even Chinese made e-cigs produces more smoke and some are of a much smaller unit . Can't some companies just learn from them or buy their ingredients rights to produce a better smoke device ? I have purchased many normal E-cigs my own which contains no harmful substances at all , just vapor and produces far thicker smoke than any of my magic smoke products ... I've now replaces my VAPR atomizer and battery for a E-Cig that I bought from a small store for 20 bucks and it's producing tons of smoke .

Not sure if it's the right place to write since this is a device that uses watch to produce smoke . But I'm wondering , is producing a liquid which discharge lots of smoke that difficult ? If a Chinese can do it I don't see why not though .

Again I've no knowledge about smoke devices' creation and whatsoever , but those are just my two cents . Hope the future generation of smoke watches produces more smoke . Lynx , at its first generation of Smoke Producing Watches , it works , is compat , and produces enough smoke to perform , I guess it's pretty nicely made then , at least it solves the problem of hot days wearing sleeves . Good job on their part for this .
Message: Posted by: Joao Miranda Magic (Jun 6, 2016 03:37PM)
[quote]On Jun 3, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
You can see a demo in my French review, on my channel too :) [/quote]

Thanks Alexis :)

Murphys got the Lynx smoke about a week ago and they sold out in 48 hours.

Me and my team are thrilled by the amazing response that it is getting worldwide.

The fact that you don't wear sleeves or tubes or battery packs really is great for the working magician.
Does anyone who own this watch help me?

Mine actually only produce thin smoke not like on the video demo or video instruction.

I have fully charge the battery and pour 2 or 3 drops (even I try pour 5 drops) inside the tube but still the smoke is very very thin.

Is it normal or only mine that have the problem like that?
Message: Posted by: Joao Miranda Magic (Jun 12, 2016 03:38AM)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2016, knownmagician wrote:
Does anyone who own this watch help me?

Mine actually only produce thin smoke not like on the video demo or video instruction.

I have fully charge the battery and pour 2 or 3 drops (even I try pour 5 drops) inside the tube but still the smoke is very very thin.

Is it normal or only mine that have the problem like that? [/quote]

Hello!

That only happens if there is too much liquid inside the coil.

Email us at orders@joaomiranda.com and we will help you.

Thanks!
Hi Joao,

Actually I have already email you and your team already suggest tha but still the smoke that come out is very very thin compare thin compare what you showed on the demo.

I have tried many ways;
1. Not Pour the liquid at all
2. Pour 2 drops liquid
3. Pour 4 drops liquid

None can solve the problem. The smoke still very thin.

I don't know whether mine is defective one or the smoke indeed very thin. If so, why in the demo, the smoke is
thick?
If a version 2.0 comes out in the future, one feature I'd like to see is to be able to adjust the time on the watch. The watch doesn't need to keep time, I'd like to just be able to adjust the time.

Just a suggestion.
I guess being able to adjust the time is really simple to achieve , just making the hands on the watch moveable will do the job great , if there's a 2.0 , I would love to see this feature too .
I think in the video presentation used a very powerful light that's why appears dense.
Message: Posted by: Joao Miranda Magic (Jun 23, 2016 12:03PM)
Here is a new review of the Lynx Smoke Watch by Ron Bertolla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fusrl1snuMo
Hello Guys,

My two cents on the Lynx watch.

It is great!

Remember this is not a magic effect on its own,it enhance your magic exactly the same way than Vapr and any other smoke device does,eg Erdnaise color change looks so good with a little bit of smoke added,Hand wash to show hands empty and produce a coin looks so good with a little bit of smoke added,again this device just add some magic to your existing magic.
Best of all it is done sleeveless.

I've done an Erdnase color change and the heat was on the deck,I was asked if the deck could be examined not the watch,same with the coin production "He used some chemical on the coin to produce smoke was the reaction", not the watch.!

Regards the amount of smoked produced,I don`t think I should mention it here as Lynx magic might object to it as it may effect warranty issues.Anyways my watch I guess I could change it to an Elephant if I want to.

I also had an issue with the amount of smoke produced,my solution to this issue was by using a thinner liquid,exactly the same as being used by some e-cigarette models.I guess if you want a huge amount of smoke in your act or effect a fog machine attached to your body might help you out.

So much on this topic has been said about "the Lynx watch hands not working or hey look all magicians have the same watch",

No one is paying attention to your watch face working or not,should anyone say dude your time in wrong on your watch easy out,"oops I've just arrived from Spain" or wherever there is a different time zone,or yep you right."time for a battery change.

All magicians have the same watch,ok Change the color of the straps that is what I have done

Pros and cons

Pros

It plays big and pack small
Easy to program
I prefer the button switch and not remote controlled (easy in and out effect)
Design of the watch is trendy
Sleeveless
Great quality

Cons
A bit to pricey
The watch staps is a bit on the short side,if you are a bit on the meaty side or having a big bone structure you might have a problem.

Anyways this is my two cents on the Lynx watch.

add it on your wish list here: https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-22164.html#.V3PcAZN941g/?referrer=CNWR_191971467159347

The Conman
:spinningcoin:
My strap is kinda short.. btw, do you have any trouble for changing the strap? was it hard? can you post a photo of your lynx smoke that you already change the strap?
Hello Akmal Magication

Easy to change,just like changing watch straps,the tricky part is getting in place that needs to be in place,but is not rocket science,my color options on watch staps is black and brown currently fitted with black,note the different in strap design from original lynx straps

Please find attached,hope it helps

The Conman

[quote]On Jun 29, 2016, The Conman wrote:
Hello Akmal Magication

Easy to change,just like changing watch straps,the tricky part is getting in place that needs to be in place,but is not rocket science,my color options on watch staps is black and brown currently fitted with black,note the different in strap design from original lynx straps

The Conman
Hello Akmal Magication

The Conman
:spinningcoin: [/quote]
Thanks for sharing The Conman , that is quite smart! will try to change a new strap now..

Thanks

:D
You welcome

good luck.

The Conman
Hey everyone, just wanted to put this great review out there by Ekaterina,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhw9mrS0FM

(There is also a giveaway!)
Anyone here got problem with their tube ? mine seems kinda loose. I have to really press the connector. but only the small fan is working. the coil doesn't heat up..