(Close Window)
Topic: Sure Thumper
Hi everyone,

I have just released a new iPhone app called Sure Thumper. It's a simple thumper (a device that gives you secret signals, from an accomplice, in the form of vibrations.)

A couple of key things about the app:
- It does not require any internet signal
- It does not require any phone signal (no 4G, no 3G, no GPRS needed)
- It uses Bluetooth

This means that the signal sent from your accomplice does not have to travel around the world before getting to your phone. The connection between the remote and your phone is instantaneous, derect and can be done anywhere.

The other thing to mention is the remote that your accomplice uses. This can be another iPhone with Sure Thumper
Installed. However, you can also simply give someone a Bluetooth 'selfie button' or any other sort of Bluetooth remote.

Please note:
To save any confusion, the app does not do any of the advanced effects that Greg Rostami's excellent SuperThump does. If you buy this thinking that it's a cheap copy of Greg's app, you will be disappointed. Sure Thumper only does only one thing, and that is to turn you phone into a device that gives you secret signals, from an accomplice, in the form of vibrations.

Here's the link - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sure-thumper-magic-trick-for/id1019803712?mt=8&uo=4&at=10lbQe

PS
The app is only for iPhones.
There is no Android version. If it is successful, I may make an Android version in future.
Bought it and it works superb. That is what I wanted for a very long time.

Thx a lot
Android pl
Glad this has been released! I used to use BuzzUka (a non magic app) but it was removed a few years back :-(

This is a perfect replacement, and a at a great price as well!
Thank you ABK-Magic and MarcLavelle!

I'm glad you like it :-)
Looks good but I only have ios 7 and just do not want to chance it messing up my other apps by upgrading you here so many horror stories still usr AR which is brilliant..
Hi Fire Starter,

Good to hear you are still using AR Mind Reader. I had a lot of fun with that at The Session convention this weekend. The 'Buddy mode' is a real magician fooler :-)

Regarding the iOS version, I'm not sure what apps you think will mess up, but couldn't you try it out? I assume you can back up your phone with iTunes, update it, and then go back to a backup if there are problems? I've never tried this, I'm just surprised that you're still on iOS 7.
[quote]On Jan 13, 2016, Damian Surr wrote:
Hi Fire Starter,

Good to hear you are still using AR Mind Reader. I had a lot of fun with that at The Session convention this weekend. The 'Buddy mode' is a real magician fooler :-)

Regarding the iOS version, I'm not sure what apps you think will mess up, but couldn't you try it out? I assume you can back up your phone with iTunes, update it, and then go back to a backup if there are problems? I've never tried this, I'm just surprised that you're still on iOS 7. [/quote]

By "go back to a backup", you mean downgrade the iOS? It wouldn't work that way with iOS. Once you've upgraded you no longer can downgrade the iOS. If you still comfortable with iOS7 my suggestion is to just stick with it. But, some apps will only works with the latest iOS. So, in that term you might feel "left behind".

The good news is-- I know some developer can set their app so it compatible with iOS7+. Not for iOS9 only.
Thanks for the clarification daniltan.

I wasn't aware of any issues with updating to the latest iOS. I always keep my phone up to date and haven't had a problem with hardly any apps.

So, if you need iOS 7 Fire Starter, it sounds like you shouldn't update your iOS.

For everyone, who has a more up to date iOS on their phone, go and get Sure Thumper! :-)
Does this work with Apple Watch?

Mike
Hi Michael,

I'm told that the Apple Watch can be used as the remote in the following way:
"use the music glance and rotate the Digital Crown to increase or decrease the volume. This will also send vibrations to the iPhone"

A full Apple Watch version of the Sure Thumper app will be released as soon as we can get it finished.
Thanks Damian

Mike
[quote]On Jan 13, 2016, Damian Surr wrote:
Thanks for the clarification daniltan.

I wasn't aware of any issues with updating to the latest iOS. I always keep my phone up to date and haven't had a problem with hardly any apps.

So, if you need iOS 7 Fire Starter, it sounds like you shouldn't update your iOS.

For everyone, who has a more up to date iOS on their phone, go and get Sure Thumper! :-) [/quote]

Thanks Damian that's what I thought,but hey good on you for bringing out some top apps.
Thanks Fire Starter :-)
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa.
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa.
[quote]On Jan 21, 2016, DynaMix wrote:
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa. [/quote]

Anydice app has that kinda feature already with pebble. As a bluetooth thumper, I wonder what the difference with sure thumper.
[quote]On Jan 20, 2016, DynaMix wrote:
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa. [/quote]
Hi DynaMix,

Apparently, a Pebble watch can already be used as the 'remote' (so the vice versa part of your question is already in place!). I haven't tried this myself (I don't own a Pebble watch), but it has been discussed in the Sure Thumper facebook group. The users in there have found a way to do it that is working well for people.

I don't have any plans to enable a Pebble watch to be the thumping/vibrating end of the set up, but if enough people ask for it I can look into it.

Thanks,
Damian
[quote]On Jan 20, 2016, daniltan wrote:
[quote]On Jan 21, 2016, DynaMix wrote:

Anydice app has that kinda feature already with pebble. As a Bluetooth thumper, I wonder what the difference with sure thumper. [/quote]
Hi daniltan,

A friend of mine showed me Any Dice a couple of weeks ago. It's a lovely app!

In terms of the differences, the first thing I'd mention is the use of Sure Thumper when both the accomplice and the performer are using the app on iPhones. This is the best use of the app and includes a feature where the accomplice gets feedback on if the 'thump' has been received or not. I don't know of any other thumping app that does this via Bluetooth, but I could be wrong.

Secondly, the ability to use a standard Bluetooth selfie button (or media remote, or Bluetooth headset) as the remote is unique I believe. But again, I could be wrong.

Finally, the price! :-) I'm going to be raising the price of Sure Thumper on Monday, but it will still be significantly cheaper than any other Thumper app that I know of.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not knocking Any Dice at all. From what I know of it, it's a lovely app, with a great set up with the Pebble, and lots of features. I've just pointed out some differences between the apps in response to the question.

Cheers,
Damian
Thank you for the info, Damian. IMO, you're not knocking Anydice at all..
The thumper option is a very small part of anydice. The other functions such as the calculator and note pad information peek are the main options. If Damien's app is just a thumper I see no problems with it and look forward to trying it out.

Damien's a good lad
Sorry for the short reply before. I have a little bit of ill health at the moment and looking at screens just now is causing migraines now and again. Damien has contacted me about this and as I said before, Sure thumper is an app purely for thumping. The main functions of any dice are the Notes peek, the calculator peek and of course the dice peek. The Thumper add-on was just a bonus for any dice and in sure Thump its the main Glorious function. Sure thump doesn't do any of the other main features of any dice so I see no problem at all.

Damien was also kind enough to go out his way and contact me and chat about it and offer me a copy to play with which I really look forward to doing.

As I said before Damien is a good lad and has went about this the right way. I wish you much success with this mate and if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Alan Rorrison
Thanks Alan. I've just sent you a copy of the app. Check your messages :-)

Cheers
[quote]On Jan 20, 2016, Damian Surr wrote:
[quote]On Jan 20, 2016, DynaMix wrote:
Hi DynaMix,

Apparently, a Pebble watch can already be used as the 'remote' (so the vice versa part of your question is already in place!). I haven't tried this myself (I don't own a Pebble watch), but it has been discussed in the Sure Thumper facebook group. The users in there have found a way to do it that is working well for people.

I don't have any plans to enable a Pebble watch to be the thumping/vibrating end of the set up, but if enough people ask for it I can look into it.

Thanks,
Damian [/quote]

Thanks for the reply...just applied to join the fb group!
I would say if you want to use pebble as a thumper. Any dice does do this!
Hi Damian,

Yes, more people are asking :-)

...I love my Pebble Time and taking advantage of it's vibrator is preferred because the vibrator in the iPhone6 and iPhone 6 Plus is very noisy.
Therefore, the room can not be quiet to use the vibrator in the iPhone 6.

That is why a Pebble vibrator is preferred, in addition, the wrist is very sensitive, so the vibrator is not only quiet in the Pebble Time, but, is may be felt easily.
Hi Expertmagician,

It seems like Any Dice already does what you want. No point reinventing the wheel.
I don't need all the Any Dice functionality.... a simple vibration of the Pebble Time is all that is necessary to deliver the vibration / thump vs. on the iPhone 6 Plus itself (or both).
Thank you for the information :)
Any progress on the apple watch version of this app?
What about android? I hate Apple
Look forward eagerly to using this! :bigsmile:
We're working on a little update of Sure Thumper (the 'Dark mode' version is looking great).

Also, we are planning an Apple Watch version after the iPhone update.

Cheers,
Damian
I've just made Sure Thumper FREE for today.

Here's the link ...
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sure-thumper-magic-trick/id1019803712