(Close Window)
Topic: Blackpool Convention 2016
Is anyone from this group attending the Blackpool Convention next month?
Sadly I won't be able to get there. I feel like I know Blackpool though, thanks to their kick-butt amusement park.
I'll tell you all about it when I see you in L.A :-)
Here is a list of the dealers that will be exhibiting at the Blackpool Magic Convention in February.

http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/blackpooldealers2016.pdf

Tony
That list of vendors, by itself, is enough to make me wish I could be there.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2016, Tony Curtis wrote:
Here is a list of the dealers that will be exhibiting at the Blackpool Magic Convention in February.

http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/blackpooldealers2016.pdf

Tony [/quote]

erm ...... it list Patrick Page ..... I thought he had passed on. Truly a sad loss. Is someone still selling his items and keeping his name going? Great if they are.
Thanks Tony .. and Dave, Patrick's daughter had a stand last year so I'm guessing she is there again this year.
Cool I am glad that a) someone is keeping his name alive (I only met him once and very briefly but such an amazing talent and such a nice chap - modest too - when Jeff McB came up to him and refereed to him as a master he just shrugged a little). and b) its not someone who is just taking his products and selling them on and making money of his name (like some did with some other greats).
I am going with a group of friends from the North Western Society of Magicians. We will be there all weekend. Can't wait. :-)
May be able to make it up on the Saturday but not sure yet.
Give me a shout if you make it Dave
I will let you know if I do - Im working on the wife as we - speak.
Well due to contracts it looks like I will miss this years bash, one of my favourite conventions and one I always looked forward to. I hear that they are bringing back Beat the Wands, I really enjoyed this format and for any eas attending this is the comp that you should enter. Alternative acts have always done well on this show as don't forget the audience is mainly magicians so biased against that with the unusual presentations scoring well.

You get five minets or so to strut your stuff unless you get wanded off. Have seen some really off the wall brill ideas worked here and nicked some good useable stuff.

One things for sure if you attend its great value for money and has an atmosphere like no other, also the venues are the best in the UK and that includes London as well.
Long may it continue.

Mind Levers crocodile isn't on the loose !!
I thought you retired?
I have.
I'm going to be there... but I'm not sure that performing the electronic release in my act since 1978 and a straitjacket routine since 1990 makes me part of 'this group' though as I'm definitely not an escape act. But I'll say hi if I see you. :)
I am definitely going on the Saturday and Josh (my eldest, now 13 years old) wants to go too! So will see you there PM me for contact details - I've had to change phone and lost all my contact details for most people I know on here).