(Close Window)
Topic: Yif CCTV 2016 live TV amazing performance
Even there has been some controversy in the past around his french bread (baguette) trick, here is a gorgeous performance Yif managed to pull off on the biggest Live TV show in China, this kid has talent!

https://youtu.be/xQi-znA5kHQ (with english subtitles)

According to Chinese medias, this is the best magic show since 2010 Lu Chen hand thru table.
That was incredible. Thanks for posting.
Yeah, lots of great things. I really like the last bit with the cube.
It's interesting as well how the whole presentation, and the host's comments, exhibit peculiarities of the Chinese culture.

P!
I liked it a lot. Very well scripted, and beautiful magic.
I was amazed....and really fooled.
Thank you for posting the video.
Yif is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Message: Posted by: somethingupmysleeve (Feb 18, 2016 05:57PM)
Great video! Thanks for sharing this...
That cube to M&M transformation was awesome. Whoever designed that should get a raise
[quote]On Feb 21, 2016, ddamen wrote:
That cube to M&M transformation was awesome. Whoever designed that should get a raise [/quote]

I think it's all original material.
Very nice and original visual magic,
I wonder how much of that was actually live performance, and not just CGI
[quote]On Feb 23, 2016, ddamen wrote:
I wonder how much of that was actually live performance, and not just CGI [/quote]
I might be wrong, but I think this show is airing in real time...

P!
[quote]On Feb 23, 2016, Ado wrote:
I wonder how much of that was actually live performance, and not just CGI [/quote]
I might be wrong, but I think this show is airing in real time...

P! [/quote]
I think real time too, but the cameraman, the Host, and everyone around the table is in on it. But hey. ..it was real magical looking.
[quote]On Feb 22, 2016, movemonkey wrote:
[quote]On Feb 21, 2016, ddamen wrote:
That cube to M&M transformation was awesome. Whoever designed that should get a raise [/quote]

I think it's all original material. [/quote]

Yif did a great job. The concept commented on: I first saw a version of on a TV special a couple of (possibly three) decades or more ago, performed by Geoffrey Durham if I remember correctly. It's such an impossible visual moment and the subtleties in Yif's performance make it appear totally impossible.

CCTV new year gala is the biggest LIVE TV show (recorded in real time) in China, which airs only once per year on Chinese New Year eve and watched by 700-800 millions Chinese in real time, only one shot and no room for mistakes... if someone thinks there is CGI involved means he is badly fooled :-)

Each year almost every talented TV magician in Asia (China, Japan, Korea, Hongkong, Taiwan...) is fighting to get on this show, which is the biggest exposure one magician could get in Asia. CCTV directors got more than hundred of magician pitch each year and at the end they only choose one, very cruel process. Lu Chen was picked several times and did a amazing performance (hand thru table) on the 2010 CCTV gala five years ago, which made him a superstar magician in all Asia.
Yeah if that rubik's transformation wasn't CGI, I was very badly fooled. Looks like Yif is about to get PAID
[quote]On Feb 24, 2016, ddamen wrote:
Yeah if that rubik's transformation wasn't CGI, I was very badly fooled. Looks like Yif is about to get PAID [/quote]

like cyril in japan or blaine in the US, yif is too famous in china to release any of his material, but seems lot of local magicians are already making a fortune with rip offs of that cube trick: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ3NzQ5MDc0MA==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2