(Close Window)
Topic: 31 Flavors of Magic report?
Anyone attend "31 Flavors of Magic" in Colon this past weekend? If so, what's it like? Is it worth a day trip in from the Detroit area (about a 3 hour drive)? I hit up the Get Together every couple of years, but have not been to any other Colon events yet.
I'll be very interested to hear the responses to this question. :)

In the meantime, Dan, here's a few articles from local newspapers to help you make up your mind about next year.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/entertainment/2016/04/16/more-magic-streets-colon/83084360/

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/news/20160418/second-31-flavors-of-magic-event-features-16-performers

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them.
Hello DapperDan and Ron Carnell!

I will share with you and the rest of the café my experience as a first time attendee.

The question is it worth a 6 hour, round trip drive.

Answer - it all depends on your reasoning on attending.

I had 5 1/2 hours drive time (plus tolls) invested and found the event well organized and worth the cost of admission.

This is an outreach event that is sharing the talents of a local IBM ring with the community. It was wonderful to sit back and enjoy it for what it was - a beautiful day of folks doing something that they love for an appreciative audience.

Check out - www.facebook.com/qualityprograms and scroll down to April 17 to see an appreciative post of a professional's experience of the event. It says it all! :)

Thank you to Ron Carnell and the rest of Ring 386 for working together in order to present such an opportunity.

I am looking forward to next year!
Thanks for the kind words, Larry. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our little shindig, but very sorry we never had a chance to meet. I'll look forward to rectifying that oversight next year. :)