(Close Window)
Topic: Favorite Street Mentalism
Slowly getting back into street magic again, and was wondering what are people's favorite mentalism effects to perform on the street, let's say, ones that are quick, and either visual or pack a nice punch? Thanks.

Lily
Favorite one I do is just with a regular pack of cards. I usually transition into it after some card tricks. I just have a chosen card returned to the deck, c*****lled to the bottom and sneak a peak while ****hand s****ling and then pretend to read the card from reading their hand. Lately though I have been researching some different patter techniques to get out of the reading hand thing but currently that is the form I use. It is easy and no one ever spots what you are doing.
Favourite*

*grabs popcorn*
Sleepymentalism,

Both spellings are correct :) one is the preferred version in the US and the other in other English speaking countries. Its like grey and gray, both are correct. Thanks anyways though!
Nail writer for prediction of a number from 1 to 999.
"This'n That" cards by Steve Banachek, and "Think of a letter" with swami gimmick prediction, they are good as introduction to some even stronger effects. Invisible deck is also deadly :)
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Aug 27, 2016 12:40PM)
I second nail writers for the street
To-Do Voodoo by Rick Lax
Invisible deck gets an extra vote from me. Solid mental effect. I think a Psypher routine is a nice opener as well if you have it. You could also try using a very fair f**ce and then do a reading of their "nervous tells" to divine their card.
I think the quickest one you can do on the street would be "which hand is it" plot. Tequlia hustle and Quaterly Report by Rick Lax are good inexpensive options!
I agree with Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse, nail writer is my favorite, very organic. I usually end with invisible deck because its very memorable.
Kolossal Killer. Such a great and quick WTF moment for the spectator.
Another vote for nail writer, Jay sankey also have a mentalism routine on having the audience guess which hand has the penny, in one of his mentalism dvds.
Don Alan's "Big Deal" always worked well for me.
Depending on your style, but I find equivoque (for a number or a card) plus stigmata by wayne houchin is a good one.
I saw a guy who only did metal bending (and not very well) but he had a decent crowd
Bang On by Marc Oberon
Here is some street mentalism-

https://youtu.be/EB0rKGexxQ4
[quote]On Jul 12, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:

https://youtu.be/EB0rKGexxQ4 [/quote]

That mother's maiden name effect is slick.
I like to use a memorized deck to name a freely cut to card.
Which hand and Esp card effects is a sure fire in the streets.
I really like reading minds with the Acidus Novus peek
IForce is one very good add-on for street mentalism effects.
I recently made my own version of a prediction pad with some dollar store items. They write it down, tear it out and throw it away. No matter what they wrote down I play it out. So far so good. I left the dollar store sticker on there too, haha. I don't point it out but I think most people see it and don't think of a gimmick pad.
Nail writer!
I see a lot of mentions of n*** w*****. I just bought mine, and can't seem to get it to fit under my n***. Way too thick. So I'm switching to b*** types. Do I have bad equipment, do I just have the wrong type of hands, or is it just a matter of technique?

Also, One Dollar Mystery by Chris Funk seems like a good confabulation routine.
Gong, thatís one reason why there are so many different types out there. Some will work for you, others wonít. You may find yourself getting 5 or 6 styles or brands and have a couple that seem to feel right for yourself, then itís just a matter of practice. Enjoy the journey.
Sixth Sense 3.0 by Hugo Shelley
Digital Force Bag by Nick Einhorn, Social Prediction by Debjit Magic, Sinful by Wayne Houchin and the Invisible Deck of course ;)
[quote]On Mar 17, 2019, magicianbrady wrote:
Digital Force Bag by Nick Einhorn, Social Prediction by Debjit Magic, Sinful by Wayne Houchin and the Invisible Deck of course ;) [/quote]

Haha thanks for naming my trick :D I love Digital Force Bag too!
Doc Hilford has a nice effect about rolling dice ect and it uses a R and S deck to produce two cards great routing from Monster Mentalism .. Quick easy and instant reset..
Nail Writer with the message appearing in my wallet.
[quote]On Jul 12, 2017, furmanmatt wrote:

https://youtu.be/EB0rKGexxQ4 [/quote]

Can anyone place the mother's maiden name trick from this? Loved it when I first saw it and I haven't seen it previously or since.
Mine upto now are Exact Change by Gregory Wilson, Astronomical by Peter Turner and My Own Free Will plot, using 3 of my business cards.
Exact Change and other money effects seem to becoming obsolete
in our cash-less society. I've had trouble asking if anyone has a quarter I can borrow.
[quote]On Jul 11, 2019, Josepher wrote:
Exact Change and other money effects seem to becoming obsolete
in our cash-less society. I've had trouble asking if anyone has a quarter I can borrow. [/quote]

You donít need to borrow coins for Exact Change, with other money effects Iíll supply the coin and if itís a note / bill effect Iíll produce it for them to sign if they donít carry cash 😊
Scotchrocket.

The best fishermen never fish alone. They always have an assistant to help net the big fish. The same could be said about the best mentalists.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2019, TomB wrote:
Scotchrocket.

The best fishermen never fish alone. They always have an assistant to help net the big fish. The same could be said about the best mentalists. [/quote]

Gotcha. I assumed there was tomfoolery about, seeing how clean the presentation is, but figured I'd ask in case it was a known tricks that can be performed impromptu (as it's presented).

Appreciate the response.