(Close Window)
Topic: Silk in Bulk
Where do you guys recommend to purchase silk in bulk? I was looking for 9inch silks and seeing where the best deals are.
You can buy individual silks from Laflin Magic. Why would anyone want a 9 inch silk, when I blow my nose, I have to use a at least an 18". :rotf:
Get vendor/dealer/pitchman wholesale account at D Robbins.

https://www.ezmagicrobbins.com/
I was thinking of getting Scott Alexander's effect Apple Jacked, and the give away is a signed silk, so I wanted to see where I could get them in bulk or at a good price.
The problem with buying wholesale, is the minimum required order amount. D. Robbins requires $500 minimum order, Loftus, Magic City, Fun Inc. and others may be a little less, you have check with them. Also Bob Sanders here on the Café is a silk wholesaler, you can contact him as well. But you would have to buy a large quantity with any of them. If you are only going to give them away, you may have to purchase a life time supply.

You may also contact Laflin Magic as they sell to retailers as well, so it would not be a jobber or wholesale price, but you would maybe be able to get a good price for a smaller quantity.

Magic Makers Inc. say on their website they will sell silks by the dozen.

You will have to contact all these wholesalers to see if you qualify.
[quote]On Aug 8, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The problem with buying wholesale, is the minimum required order amount. D. Robbins requires $500 minimum order... [/quote]

$150.00
Michael, then they changed it, because the local magic shop has been doing business since the 1940's, and I was told that an order had to total $500.
You might be surprised at what things have changed since the 1940s. ;)
Silk King Studios will sell some 12 inch silks in bulk. How many are you looking to purchase?
Send me a PM, if want.
[quote]On Aug 8, 2016, Michael Baker wrote:
You might be surprised at what things have changed since the 1940s. ;) [/quote]

Ha. That sums that guy up.
[quote]On Aug 8, 2016, Michael Baker wrote:
You might be surprised at what things have changed since the 1940s. ;) [/quote]

But you don't get the best discounts for that limit. You pay shipping and don't get other discounts.
I have been making silks for a guy to use for the silk in apple for several years. What I make a 6mm x 6" x 45" silks. They are hemmed on two sides. He then just cuts them to 6" square and used them with the other two sides unheeded. I probably been making them for him for 15 years so it must be working.