(Close Window)
Topic: alien implants...
I have this vague idea for a patter line about "alien implants". Does anyone already use this theme?

Blurr
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Jul 2, 2002 11:14AM)
Once, on the old Shadow network, I was challenged by one of the members to create a routine based on contemporary UFO 'mythology'.

In response, I came up with a little routine where the participant correctly chooses the 'genuine' alien implant from among a selection of five 'fake' ones.

However, I've never performed it, since it was created mostly as a 'thought experiment' to see if it could be done. But I imagine that it could be performed fairly easily by someone willing to take the time to create the props and present it properly.

:cyclops:
Greetings,

There was a great routine in the New Invocation regarding a "seance" of sorts where the medium used a piece of twisted metal from a wrecked spaceship to make contact.

The effect was quite clever. Boards on the table or box ended up burned, lights appeared outside the window to a roaring noise, the medium received messages.

I amended the routine a bit. During a moment of obvious misdirection, I put a small scar on the back of my head. I drew no attention to it, only complained that I was disoriented and needed to lie down. The discovery of it and implications was up to the sitters.

Sam Haine
Alien implants? Hmm, I think they're okay for alien strippers, but not for the everyday alien girl.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Anyway, you could do a standard effect and just use patter to get you there. How about the traditional five black balls and one white in a bag and you guess which chose the bag... the alien. Even Key-R-Rect can be directed that way. How about a strange orb that contains a message is locked and only one person can get the correct key. You are left with the last key that opens the orb. The message is read and states, "Excellent work, L7... now return to the mothership."
Just a few thoughts.
Greg
Forgive me.

I had a sudden vision of the magus describing the implant and even pointing to the spot on his neck where the metal pill has been inserted. He asks a spectator if they would like to touch it. Just as her finger presses against the almost-visible lump, it squeaks.

Yeah, squeakers.

Forgive me.

Sam Haine
A squeaker? Hmm. How about using a hand flasher to cause a spark to shoot out as the implant is touched?
Greg
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Jul 10, 2002 11:25AM)
[quote]
On 2002-07-09 02:12, Sam Haine wrote:
He asks a spectator if they would like to touch it. Just as her finger presses against the almost-visible lump, it squeaks.
[/quote]

Wouldn't that mean the aliens were "Killer Klowns from Outer Space?"

:clown:
That is a classic!

Now if only they could do Penomenon with those straws... :rotf: :rotf:
Swallow the implant tracking device. (Thread optional) Discover it bulging from your stomach, and cut it out.
Use a D'Lite for accidental activation.
PK implant. IT implant.
Coloring changing implants.
Miser's Dream implants.
Broken and restored implant.
(Al Koran's Medallion) implant.
Jay Sankey's 'Billusion' might fit in well with the theme too...
http://www.pbdm.com/coolstuff27a.htm#cjsb00

Lesault.
Here's one...

Do a psychic surgery routine. Find a spectator who you believe has an alien implant. Scan her, determining the location.

Proceed to... gruesomely... remove the implant, which is caked with tissue and nasty gunk.
Greetings,

Mike Hughes: That is brilliant! Imagine pendulums held by other people acting oddly over that part of the person. Compasses behaving oddly. Demonstrate her bizarre affinity to small alien relics you own. There is an entire act in that nuggest you left on the table for us.

Sam Haine
Excellent suggestions, Sam! I feel a routine developing...
Zombie is a great trick if you have an exterristeal like routine, but ET implants, can't help you there, you could pretend the Zombie ball is going through you by making it move back and forth under the cloth, it will look like that one scene in Aliens, do it right and it will look like it is coming out of your chest!
[quote]
On 2002-07-18 12:48, mysterium wrote:
Here's one...

Do a psychic surgery routine. Find a spectator who you believe has an alien implant. Scan her, determining the location.

Proceed to... gruesomely... remove the implant, which is caked with tissue and nasty gunk.
[/quote]

Don't freak her out! it might scar your audience for life, don't do it infront of a young child!
I bought one on ebay :)
It works GREAT!!!!!!
[quote]
On 2007-03-04 23:30, Slim King wrote:
I bought one on ebay :)
It works GREAT!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wrong kind of implant Slim.
LOL!
HA! LOL
Oh....I get it now....HA HA :)