(Close Window)
Topic: IQPA by José Prager
Https://e-mentalism.com/collections/newproducts/products/iqpa

Looking for thoughts and feedback on this.
Happy to answer any questions regarding IQPA.

Be well.
[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, Prager wrote:
Happy to answer any questions regarding IQPA.

Be well. [/quote]

So is this one progressive anagram? Or a system for creating them? Or something totally different?
It is my approach to progressive anagrams as mind reading technique.

IQPA stands for Invisible Quick Progressive Anagram.

The manuscript contains 4 IQPA's and thoughts on how to use them.

After reading my approach you can easily create your own IQPA's.

Did that helped?
Prager on the organic choice thread you mentioned something about a PA that was far superior, any relevance to this?

I'm intrigued.
I'm guessing only english, right?
[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, tomd wrote:
Prager on the organic choice thread you mentioned something about a PA that was far superior, any relevance to this?

I'm intrigued. [/quote]

That's a different one.

My take on Organic Choice has not been released yet and does not rely on progressive anagrams, it's more like the MOABT principle disguised a lot further.

Does that answer your question?
[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, Adrien L. wrote:
I'm guessing only english, right? [/quote]

The IQPA's are designed to work in english.

Once understood the approach, I think you will be able to design your own IQPA's.

I can help you if you wish.

What's your first language?
Jose,

What is a more powerful effect, that particular unreleased version or this one that you are releasing right now?

[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, tomd wrote:

I'm intrigued. [/quote]

That's a different one.

My take on Organic Choice has not been released yet and does not rely on progressive anagrams, it's more like the MOABT principle disguised a lot further.

Does that answer your question? [/quote]
A progressive anagram is a progressive anagram. Dress them up all you want. It's still a pa.
[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, John C wrote:
A progressive anagram is a progressive anagram. Dress them up all you want. It's still a pa. [/quote]

I agree. I never told that this are not progressive anagrams. This is how I approach them as mind reading technique.
Just purchased and read through this.

I must say... I like this approach a lot. It's essentially a watered down version of anagrams which is actually not a bad thing. It means that the information is received much faster than traditional anagrams. To give you an idea: the longest anagram in the book is 4 letters.

Jose has done a pretty effective job of getting rid of the things he didn't like about traditional anagrams. I think the thing I like most about this is there really is a large disaccosoation between the letters and the information the spectator has in mind. The letters are usually the focus of anagrams which in the end can sometimes seem like it's a puzzle.This version actually makes the letters feel like they aren't any help.

The methods used are really fairly common and can be seen in many other releases but Jose's combination of these principles is fantastic and quite genius.

I gave this the girlfriend test. Let me just say: my girlfriend HATES anagrams. She has seen me do them and she has always thought it seemed like I was obviously trying to figure it out by the letters.

After doing this she said, "how did you know that?" She then proceeded to question me about it all while being completely clueless that I performed an anagram on her. That just goes to show how successful the disassociation between the letters and the thought are.

Well done Jose! I think this is one of your best releases yet. I love the combination of ideas. Great work. I highly recommend this to anyone who is familiar with anagrams and who would like to have their traditional methods challenged slightly. I think I could use this principles with many anagrams and start to create my own from these.
I purchased this and have to agree with Madison. I do like this more than the traditional anagrams. The presentation Jose explains in the pdf makes the feel of this come off as more of a true mind reading process than "following a system". Is it sure fire? Not totally but very-very close. You may have to decipher between (2)two choices at the end. But as most experienced mentalists will tell you, being totally right 100% of the time is not as believable as being right 85% of the time. So I think Jose's process really does two things, 1) makes using anagrams more enjoyable and easier and 2) makes the whole mind reading process more believable.

RNK
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, RNK wrote:
I purchased this and have to agree with Madison. I do like this more than the traditional anagrams. The presentation Jose explains in the pdf makes the feel of this come off as more of a true mind reading process than "following a system". Is it sure fire? Not totally but very-very close. You may have to decipher between (2)two choices at the end. But as most experienced mentalists will tell you, being totally right 100% of the time is not as believable as being right 85% of the time. So I think Jose's process really does two things, 1) makes using anagrams more enjoyable and easier and 2) makes the whole mind reading process more believable.

RNK [/quote]

RNK,

I know what you are saying by the "85%" comment, but remember, this is the Café and comments like this will be expanded into a plethora of people who don't own it shouting, "but the ad copy says 100%!! That's false advertising!"

So just to clear that statement up a bit, you will be right 100% of the time. Jose gives you an anagram for months, superheroes, and colors. As long as the spectator is following your directions and not purposefully TRYING to make it difficult for you, it will work 100% of the time.
Thanks for clarifying, if it wasn't 100% sure fire then the ad would be misleading, not that it bothers me that methods exist which aren't sure fire. I'll have a read of this.
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Oct 20, 2016 09:28AM)
I am interested as I have created my own using colors. A variation in which the BA is made up of 3 letters, and a variation that only uses 2 questions which can only give you a no answer once. I am a fan of Ana***ms.. if they are done right they can come close to actual mind reading! This seems like it would be great, especially since Maddy is so honest with his reviews.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I am interested as I have created my own using colors. A variation in which the BA is made up of 3 letters, and a variation that only uses 2 questions which can only give you a no answer once. I am a fan of Ana***ms.. if they are done right they can come close to actual mind reading! This seems like it would be great, especially since Maddy is so honest with his reviews. [/quote]

Knowing you what little I do Dustin, I think you will love the thinking in this. It really elevates the performance of anagrams to a new level in my opinion. It's all basic ideas, but woven together very nicely.
I didn't find a single original thought in this e-book. If you have any experience at all with using PA/BA's then you will already be using the Derren Brown/Peter Turner ideas that are rewritten here and the rest is common sense thoughts that I would find hard to believe haven't already occurred to everyone with the bare minimum of knowledge. Presumably Atlas gave his permission for his "Superhero" PA to be used here, but nothing original to the author is added here.

I simply don't understand why people think their every passing thought is worthy of selling to their fellow mentalists. This is the sort of stuff that, if you wanted to share, should be shared as ideas in Inner Thoughts.

If you take away all the blank white space and contents/credit pages the e-book is 14 pages long and costs $10. Not recommended.

(If you are not using PA/BAs then obviously you have to read Atlas Brookings' wonderful 'The Prodigal". You won't regret it
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
I didn't find a single original thought in this e-book. If you have any experience at all with using PA/BA's then you will already be using the Derren Brown/Peter Turner ideas that are rewritten here and the rest is common sense thoughts that I would find hard to believe haven't already occurred to everyone with the bare minimum of knowledge.

I simply don't understand why people think their every passing thought is worthy of selling to their fellow mentalists. This is the sort of stuff that, if you wanted to share, should be shared as ideas in Inner Thoughts.

If you take away all the blank white space and contents/credit pages the e-book is 14 pages long and costs $10. Not recommended.

(If you are not using PA/BAs then obviously you have to read Atlas Brookings' wonderful 'The Prodigal". You won't regret it) [/quote]

The Prodigal is pretty much the say all end all on progressive anagrams. It provides brilliant thoughts and incredibly impressive anagrams. Plus it provides you with the knowledge of how to make your own anagrams (which I find one of the most useful things in the book.)

I do think it's a little unfair to say that everything in this is unoriginal. I agree and have stated that all of the ideas are simple, and yes, all the ideas seem like ideas that people will have pieced together themselves... but I never had. Also he is eliminating about half of what a usual anagram would be which makes it only one "no." This is at least slightly original as most anagrams require at least 2 no's. Mainly what I think is of value is the justification of the arrangement of letters and the shifting of justification from the letters to the actual word. Yes, it is simple. And yes, it SEEMS obvious. But before reading this, I had never done the things mentioned here. And I have used anagrams (Specifically Atlas's Superman anagram) in real world working conditions.
I honestly don't think stringing together other people's ideas and subtleties from various other effects is worthy of release as a 14 page $10 e-book.
I honestly don't think stringing together other people's ideas and subtleties from various other effects is worthy of release as a 14 page $10 e-book. [/quote]

Majority (almost all) of new releases are derived from standing on the shoulders of the "original" giants. You can say this statement about so many other effects and routines being released today.
I honestly don't think stringing together other people's ideas and subtleties from various other effects is worthy of release as a 14 page $10 e-book. [/quote]

Majority (almost all) of new releases are derived from standing on the shoulders of the "original" giants. You can say this statement about so many other effects and routines being released today. [/quote]

Not so much "standing on the shoulders of giants" as "bumping into them in order to nick their valuables and sell them on to some mugs."
I perform in portuguese.

[quote]On Oct 19, 2016, Adrien L. wrote:
I'm guessing only english, right? [/quote]

The IQPA's are designed to work in english.

Once understood the approach, I think you will be able to design your own IQPA's.

I can help you if you wish.

What's your first language? [/quote]
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Oct 20, 2016 12:06PM)
While I can see your point, it is misguided. What do you think Practical Mental Magic was? Half of the older books were collections of multiple performers effects or variations of other routines. There is no such thing as truly original.. all of our ideas come from something. Look at all of the magic effects that use the same card techniques but are completely different in effect. "Effect is everything, method is nothing."

Majority (almost all) of new releases are derived from standing on the shoulders of the "original" giants. You can say this statement about so many other effects and routines being released today. [/quote]

Not so much "standing on the shoulders of giants" as "bumping into them in order to nick their valuables and sell them on to some mugs." [/quote]

This is the Martin I remember... I thought you'd gone soft on us. :)
Please tell me you're not comparing this in any way, shape or form to 'Practical Mental Effects"(And it's "effects" btw, not 'magic"-always good to try and learn the history of your art.)
The "author" has taken Atlas's effect and added other people's methods, including a completely uncredited method that Atlas has publicly shared on the Café.
Anyone who hasn't already considered making the minor adjustments to PA's mentioned in this e-book maybe ought to re-consider whether they are cut out for mentalism.
First of all, did Atlas Brookings even give permission to Prager for inclusion of the superhero PA?
I did not, but have spoken to Jose who was a gentleman about the whole matter and he has agreed to alter the book to remove the superhero effect.

Best,

Atlas
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Oct 20, 2016 12:35PM)
Please tell me you're not comparing this in any way, shape or form to 'Practical Mental Effects"(And it's "effects" btw, not 'magic"-always good to try and learn the history of your art.)
The "author" has taken Atlas's effect and added other people's methods, including a completely uncredited method that Atlas has publicly shared on the Café.
Anyone who hasn't already considered making the minor adjustments to PA's mentioned in this e-book maybe ought to re-consider whether they are cut out for mentalism. [/quote]
I am not comparing this to to Practical Mental Magic (which btw it is both named Effects and Magic, originally Effects but then renamed as Magic when it was re-released) in quality, as I've never even read this ebook.. just saying that just because this uses techniques and ideas from other creators doesn't make it invalid or pointless to release.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, Atlas wrote:
I did not, but have spoken to Jose who was a gentleman about the whole matter and he has agreed to alter the book to remove the superhero effect.

Best,

Atlas [/quote]
Does this mean I've got a collector' s edition!
Excellent!

Having re-read it, this e-book is the greatest treatise on PAs in the history of the art.

Please PM with offers for the original, unedited edition before Jose's brilliant take on "Superheroes" was deleted.
Three figure offers only please. ;)
Atlas is far too kind, the superheroes PA is being replaced for another equally strong one with his permission.

The ebook is not about the superheroes PA. It's about how I approach PA's as mind reading. You can easily execute any PA using the approach I teach on the eBook.
Just got this & will read it later.

Mike Donoghue
Good on you, Atlas for your kindness, and I'm sure Prager will learn from this experience.
I have 5 copies available for reviewing.

PM with your e-mail!
3 left.
I really like the work on colours. I have a little subtlety which I will share with Jose. Anybody interested head his way.
I still have 2 copies for reviewers.
I bought this, it has some good ideas but it's not revolutionary. By the way I'm not a fan of PA's but I was hoping it might make me a fan.
I just bought this---the method can be a powerful one, but I don't believe Jose Prager has maximized this principle. What he teaches is wayyyy too transparent. If you want the really good stuff, I suggest you buy Atlas Brookings book on the topic. The superheroes principle is amazing!
Jose has packed a lot of useful info into this release. I am quite versed in PA work and find this to be a concise collection of useful techniques and subtleties.

As mentioned above, with the exception of one small subtlety original to Jose (which I did enjoy), everything in this book has been published previously in other works. With that being said, Jose does specifically credit two originators and provides a list of other sources for reference.

Assuming permission was given to share these techniques and approaches, this is a wonderful resource on performing PA's, particularly at less than $10.
I think it's worth reaching out to the creators of these techniques and approaches. Prager already admitted to taking Atlas' idea without permission. I will reach out to the others just to make sure their work is being referenced in this book.

Jose Prager, can you confirm that you have received permission from everyone before you published this book? It's important not just to credit, but also to make sure explicit permission in writing was granted to you to avoid any trouble.
I used a few if these ideas at a performance last night and the audience was really impressed and shocked. I am really enjoying this as it's definitely a little different approach than your typical anagram. Yes, not revolutionary but I like Jose's approach as it looks more like real mind reading in the audiences eyes. Hi

RNK
So I got a review copy of this and I have to say I wasn't impressed.

Most of the points I would make about this book, Martin already made before, so here's a bit of an elaboration.

There is basically nothing new here. It's just taking other peoples ideas, changing them a tiny bit and compiling them in a single PDF.

This reads as advice that one could read on the Café, and actually almost everything from this book has been posted previously on the Café for free by various people. I'm also willing to bet that the next time someone asks about anagrams in inner thoughts, someone who didn't read this book will give him the same advice as found here.

Even the anagrams found in the book aren't very impressive. There's one for colors, one for the seven deadly sins and one for months.
I don't think using an anagram (even one as ''Well hidden'' as this one) for a 1 in 7 choice is a good idea.

All in all, I can't recommend it.

The advice in here is technically ''Good advice'', but it's not Prager's advice as he didn't come up with it and anybody who has been interested in anagrams for any period of time probably know it already.

Peter Turner shares his zodiac anagram at his at the table lecture, you get basically the same advice as here + an over 2h lecture for a price lower then this PDF.
Something really has gone badly wrong in the "creator" business.
Got this during the half price promo and I'm sad to say it wasn't worth that reduced amount.

There is nothing, I repeat, nothing new here that you probably don't already know. If you have any time in the game or any decent experience with PA's then you are probably already incorporating these techniques.
I got a review copy too. I am not very familiar with PAs to start with (I think the only resources I have on these are Pete's ATT lecture and his Zodiac PDF), so I can't comment on the originality of these ideas.

Since I perform the standard zodiac PA a lot, and I think I can pull it of pretty decently, this interested me on two levels: first, I could get some new techniques, nuances, subtleties or justifications and second, I could find a new category where the use of a PA made sense.

I found both things on this PDF: there are some interesting subtleties here that I WILL use and there's a PA that I'll try to work into a routine too. That being said, I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay 10$ for this. It's not very fair to compare this with Pete Turner's ATT lecture, but as Michael pointed out, Pete goes into his zodiac PA and gives a lot of solid advice... and it costs less than this.
Jose sent me a review copy a few days back at my request.

I would say I'm passionate about PA's and use them them quite regular. This is a pretty solid offering although to echo the sentiments above, it's really an amalgamation of other creators ideas put into one source. The reason I was interested in this offering was to see if he offered any interesting PA's, which he did and I was also interested to see if offered any interesting presentation ideas for reveals, which he did.

I have nothing bad to say about the offering but as others have pointed out, Atlas's and Doug Dyments material is at this point the best resource for such material. This would be good for someone looking to build on their arsenal.
Nothing dazzling about this release for me, I found it to be Atlas Brookings with tweaks. Some nice personal touches but not enough to warrant a release. I noticed one credit that needs to be amended, the ''say it over and over in your mind" ploy was created by Gary Kurtz not Derren Brown.
I thought it was initially jerry sadowitz', that was used in one of his card plots...
This sounds good Jose.

Congrats!