(Close Window)
Topic: Psyclock 2
Message: Posted by: Snidini (Nov 1, 2016 02:39PM)
Great news for those who missed out on Mr. Stockman's limited release of Psyclock a few years back. Alakazam magic is releasing a new and improved version in limited quantities once again. Only 100 units offered. Owning the original, I can say 100%, you won't be disappointed with this item.
Message: Posted by: Mindpro (Nov 1, 2016 03:08PM)
What's the difference or new additions?
Message: Posted by: sbays (Nov 1, 2016 03:36PM)
[quote]On Nov 1, 2016, Mindpro wrote:
What's the difference or new additions? [/quote]

I believe this new version works on an entirely different method. The original version had to be mounted on an easle. This one can be handed out to someone.
Message: Posted by: Mindpro (Nov 1, 2016 03:49PM)
Great, thanks! I checked their site bit it's not on there. Any link?
Message: Posted by: efrados (Mar 9, 2017 11:15AM)
Http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=57669
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 9, 2017 11:42AM)
I can certify that this new version is an excellent piece of kit. Well made and extremely reliable.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: PRINCE (Mar 9, 2017 12:06PM)
Well done Peter - brilliant new feature for the workings!!! I know you have mentioned that you could potentially use this for close up etc but have you thought about maybe making this on a slightly smaller scale as well? I'm sure if you are able to do this you will get a lot more interest from others workers as well as the stage/parlour performers.
Message: Posted by: MindAgent (Mar 9, 2017 12:34PM)
Saw someone using the first edition of this recently and it blew me away, very clever. I can only imagine what the version two has got up its sleeves.
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 10, 2017 04:34AM)
As a little teaser, this is my Psyclock 2 (standing as „decoration“ on an easel)... looks like a picture in a frame, my „Alter Ego“ watching my performance... at a certain point a spectator rings a bell (yes, it is Cesar’s „Spirit Bell“ which I need in a different routine...) and writes down the exact time on a padded envelop he is holding as well... Far later he will come up and discover in his envelop a battery... only then I will explain to him that this is not a picture in a frame but a wall clock without battery... removing the picture from the clock face… at the end the spectator is asked to reinsert the battery by himself, and the clock is running again… Jan
Message: Posted by: Pit Boss (Mar 10, 2017 11:56AM)
Looks great. My only reservation is the possibility that the spectator rings the bell at an inoportune time, such as during a point in another routine where you can't just drop everything and attend to it. Surely this happens?
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 10, 2017 12:15PM)
Oh, to be honest, it really can happen any time, the intermission takes only a few seconds and I can deal with it without any problems :) ... in the worst case I will react immediately, but come back to it (letting him writing down the time) a few seconds later. It even adds a lot of liveliness to a performance. Jan
Message: Posted by: docbarnes (Mar 10, 2017 04:24PM)
Just curious,

Why do you think he reveal everything about the effect on his YouTube video?

Doc
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 10, 2017 06:07PM)
Who? Which video? Jan
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Mar 10, 2017 09:20PM)
[quote]On Mar 10, 2017, docbarnes wrote:

Just curious, Why do you think he reveal everything about the effect on his YouTube video?
[/quote]

So that one can get a fairly good idea about the basic working of the prop. This is gradually becoming the trend. I personally feel this is good for the prospective buyer so as to decide whether the item is for him or not.

[quote]On Mar 10, 2017, JanForster wrote:

Who? Which video? Jan [/quote]

Let it lie hidden. :) ;)

In 2005 I had designed a wall clock with a 3-in-1 effect (three effects in on clock). One can perform any one effect or can paly all three effects in series. Here is what the clock can do (in brief):-

Phase 1. On the wall a working clock is seen ticking away. A group of spectators are made to concentrate so as to stop the clock with their combined psychic powers . . . and the clock stops. The spectators then shout 'START' and the clock once again start ticking.

Phase 2. A spectator is now asked to bering the clock down from the wall. The specator is asked to remove the battery (Obviously the clock will stop) and place the clock back on the wall. Now once again, a group of spectators are made to concentrate so as to START the clock with their combined psychic powers . . . and the clock starts ticking (without the battery). The spectators then shout 'STOP' and the clock stop ticking.

Phase 3. This phase plays almost similar to Psyclock. A spectator is once again asked to bering the clock down from the wall. The mentalist now adjusts the clock (mind you the clock has no battery) to a particular time and palces it in cloth bag. Then . . .

Note: During all the three phases the mentalist never touches the clock except when adjusting the time in phase 3.

This contraption of mine was shown to Mr. Paul Harris and Mr. Uday Jadugar almost 5 years ago when they visited my place in India (you can see the clock in the photo). I made a few clocks for a couple of well known menatlist.

[b]This is for info purpose only. Sorry no PM's please. Thank you for your understanding.[/b]

Continue please . . . :) ;)

:xmas:
Edit: Sorry I am unable to upload the photo.
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Mar 10, 2017 09:35PM)
[quote]On Mar 10, 2017, JanForster wrote:

As a little teaser, this is my Psyclock 2 (standing as „decoration“ on an easel)... looks like a picture in a frame, my „Alter Ego“ watching my performance... at a certain point a spectator rings a bell (yes, it is Cesar’s „Spirit Bell“ which I need in a different routine...) and writes down the exact time on a padded envelop he is holding as well... Far later he will come up and discover in his envelop a battery... only then I will explain to him that this is not a picture in a frame but a wall clock without battery... removing the picture from the clock face… at the end the spectator is asked to reinsert the battery by himself, and the clock is running again… Jan [/quote]

Jan, great routine and great thinking (like always! :)) Thank you for sharing.

And . . .

Ha! Finally I managed to get the photo uploaded. :) The clock is seen in the photo. ;)

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 11, 2017 01:37AM)
Thanks a lot, Ustaad! VERY nice, I didn't know about your clock. Jan
Message: Posted by: markhitton (Mar 11, 2017 03:29AM)
Amazing effect Ustaad!! A precursor invention in 2005 .Well done my friend✌
Message: Posted by: docbarnes (Mar 11, 2017 06:53AM)
Guys, have you not gone to the Murphy's link on Efrandos post? Or gone to Hocus a Pocus or Penguin website?

He shows the remote and when to hit the button. The type of video you would expect to receive after you bought the clock.

I really like this effect and will likely make a purchase, I was just surprised by the full disclosure of the video.

Doc
Message: Posted by: PRINCE (Mar 11, 2017 08:26AM)
But the whole point is to show how advanced the workings now are from version 1. By people seeing this will now appreciate and realise how much more practical and reliable this version is compared to the 1st.
Message: Posted by: MaxfieldsMagic (May 20, 2017 12:01AM)
I like the idea, but I'm also wondering - for those who use it, how are the reactions? It just seems to me that in 2017, when we're accustomed to wireless electronic devices throughout our homes and can control our appliances though our smart phones, that today's audience would be somewhat underwhelmed by this effect, and draw correct or near-correct conclusions as to the method.
Message: Posted by: Rudy Sanchez (May 22, 2017 08:23AM)
[quote]On May 19, 2017, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
I like the idea, but I'm also wondering - for those who use it, how are the reactions? It just seems to me that in 2017, when we're accustomed to wireless electronic devices throughout our homes and can control our appliances though our smart phones, that today's audience would be somewhat underwhelmed by this effect, and draw correct or near-correct conclusions as to the method. [/quote]

Unless you were able to give the clock away immediately after the revelation!
Message: Posted by: MaxfieldsMagic (May 22, 2017 09:55PM)
[quote]On May 22, 2017, Rudy Sanchez wrote:

Unless you were able to give the clock away immediately after the revelation! [/quote]

You're referring to the Cesaral Ultimate Time Perfect, using an IKEA clock that can be given away, I take it. That does look impressive, and addresses the obvious suspicion I'd assume at least some spectators would otherwise be left with. And the price certainly reflects that.
Message: Posted by: MazingMandy (May 23, 2017 11:23AM)
[quote]On May 22, 2017, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
[quote]On May 19, 2017, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
I like the idea, but I'm also wondering - for those who use it, how are the reactions? It just seems to me that in 2017, when we're accustomed to wireless electronic devices throughout our homes and can control our appliances though our smart phones, that today's audience would be somewhat underwhelmed by this effect, and draw correct or near-correct conclusions as to the method. [/quote]

Unless you were able to give the clock away immediately after the revelation! [/quote]

Stay classy Rudy
Message: Posted by: mixman (May 24, 2017 12:45AM)
I have an original psyclock which is great. but I can see how the improvements could make this stronger.
Message: Posted by: Jared (May 25, 2017 11:47AM)
I have the original Psyclock and it's really nice bit of business. To get around the spectator ringing the bell at the worst time possible, I instruct the spectator to ring the bell at either the very start of an effect or at the conclusion. They almost always seem to follow my instructions. The new version certainly has some nice advantages but Psyclock is more a stage prop and so I don't use mine as often as I would like since I perform mostly intimate parlor shows where I tend to pack small.
Message: Posted by: Heres Tony (May 2, 2019 12:22PM)
I have a brand new one for sale for $190. Free shipping in the U.S.