(Close Window)
Topic: New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition"
Not long ago, creator/craftsman, [b]John Jurney[/b] returned to the magic scene BIGTIME with a new Triple Split Coin set, featuring his routine using a poker chip. It's a great routine, but John didn't stop there, he kept thinking about this kind of coin, and thinking, and thinking...And now the thought has become reality in a very unique & clever way. He has now developed a unique NEW "Triple Split Coin" set by deeply re-thinking the design, and it is something to see, about the size of a regular Eisenhower (Ike) dollar coin. I know, hard to believe with all the other stuff out there that has been anything but. :) People have asked and dreamed of this, and now it's here... 🎉

Enter, [b]JJ's "Coin Coalition": The Ultimate Triple Split Coin[/b]. Now, I know you usually get into trouble anytime you use the work "Ultimate," but at the moment there is nothing better out there as to design and play... Believe me, NOTHING! 😉

It comes with this sweet Ike dollar coin, and a bevy of instructional videos with routines. Plus you got the creator for any and all questions you might have. This new set truly moves the needle as to design, workmanship and functionality. Man, it looks like a regular coin, until it transforms upon some slick command, and miraculously changes into 3 other uniquely designed Japanese coins. 😃

Some very clever stuff from a wonderful craftsman. And I'm really proud of this guy because he came back and just keeps coming up with good magic, and keeps getting better & better, which is good for the art and us all. 🎩

Here's a preliminary comment from a Café member:

[b] -Brian Proctor wrote:

[i]I'm gonna leave this right here...This is the best split triple I have ever used. I got mine this week and have had a lot of fun coming up with my own routines. The coins slide apart like butter! They are almost the same thickness as a regular Eisenhower dollar coin when they are together. The best part, no more stickers or tape!!![/i] [/b]

***Just take a look here at [b]JJ's Coin Coalition[/b] for yourself: 😉

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategorized/jjs-coin-coalition/
These look awesome. The idea of using the reverse of the gimmick like that is brilliant, talk about hiding in plain sight!

Are there plans to do this in half-dollar sizes, too?
Ack, just too slow to get in an edit. I also love that they're not stickers.
Glad you like the work tons, and you're right, just brilliant thinking on this...The kind that makes you say, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"🤔 And on top of that, no more stickers. 😉 Within it all, he found the way to make the coins the size of a regular dollar coin, in using real currency.🎉 And yes, he is thinking on making this set with half dollars as well. 👍🏽
I own a set of these and they are terrific! Quality as good as anything out there at an amazing price!! You can do so much with these coins. I can't recommend them highly enough!!
Thanks for your firsthand comments here Tom… :)

This NEW set is getting a lot of recognition worldwide now…Even the BIG craftsman out there are wondering, "Now, why didn't I think of that?" :)

The overall ease of this set is remarkable and the new design a thing of beauty and stealth. :)

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategorized/jjs-coin-coalition/
Here's another comment from a Café member:

[quote]On Nov 30, 2016, happy4magic wrote:
I rarely post here. I have been preforming magic for 60 years. My first love is sleight of hand & coin magic. I have been asked to comment on this double face triple coin gaff. Although I own gaff coins from Lassen, Schoolcraft, Kreis, Keupers, Belmont, Tango, Mason, Sasco, Johnson, & others, I generally don't use many gaff coins. However, this is a coin I have started to carry & use due to pocket management & ability to play to a larger, stand up group. The JJ Coin Coalition does not use vinyl stickers, as the Wong coin does, for the oriental coin which can & do jamb & stick with out teflon or regular lubrication. They are solid metal. I usually end the routine with a complete vanish or the production of a 7 inch jumbo silver or oriental coin which takes any heat off spectators asking to examine the coin as I hand out the mega-jumbo. This is a wonderful magic tool, but not a substitute for learning & being able to perform fundamental coin sleights & manipulations. If you are at least an intermediate coin handler, you can share & have a lot of magical fun with this newest technology advancement. R [/quote]

http://www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategorized/jjs-coin-coalition/
Thanks for the good words tons. Lot of interest in this new set from John Jurney. He's a refreshing thinker in coin magic and his work is really getting around. People are seeing the true uniqueness of what he has brought forth here, and he's got lots more in the tank to come. :)
I haven't bought any new magic in a few months, I think, except a couple of sets of cups (& balls) that are as much for decor as they are for use. A number of the reviews here for "Coin Coalition" hit points that resonated with me, so I placed an order today, and followed up with a couple of questions re: shipping. I received a very timely and courteous response from John. I'm really looking forward to putting this set through its paces.
You'll be happy when you get this Chess, it's very flexible and quite a piece of good work.

There's a Café member, dj, that is already doing exactly what you speak of in putting John's new "Coin Coalition" through it's paces, and coming up with some really great stuff...😃

Take a look-see at these two fine takes with some mighty fine coins: 🤓

https://vimeo.com/195035848

https://vimeo.com/195359067

-Mb
I will second that Chessmann, this is the best version I have ever seen, much less owned.
Thanks for the great comment here PD, this new coin set from John is quite unique alright, and I told'ya upfront that there was nothing else like it out there. ;)

*Oh, and did I mention the "Morgan Option?"
Here's a little clip... just playing!

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc
Nice Sean :-)
[quote]On Dec 28, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc [/quote]

Nice.

Darko
Nice job Sean. Now if he'd make them in halves...(hint)
Tom G, shoot an email to John about halves and he may be very willing to help you out.
Wouldn't hurt to ask anyway if you haven't already.
John is a super nice guy and very accommodating and willing to help.
I think comments and suggestions from folks here on the Café really help him determine which direction to go in next.
But still never hurts to email him directly as well.
On John's site there is only the Coin Coalition. Where are all the other products I've read about? Previous ones, like the Chinese Coins MB has written much about over the past year?

Thanks!

Jim
Jim, seems like JJ is trying to keep things simple initially and concentrate on a single release at a time.
Perhaps over time he will have a catalog of items available. We'll have to wait and see, which is honestly what I believe he is doing as well. I'm pretty sure this is a spare time sideline for him but I may be wrong.

But as mentioned already if you email him he generally replies quickly and could quite possibly provide you with previous releases.
At the very least you would be getting the scoop straight from the man himself.
You can contact him thru his website.
You're right Offbeat, John got his website together for this first big offering since being out of the game for quite a few years now. I would believe that John will begin to populate the site with his work eventually. But for now, the need was more immediately for his NEW [b]Coin Coalition[/b] offering. I do know that he has other things in-mind to place up there, and I'm sure they will find their way home there soon enough.

As for his old Chinese coins with the special milling, I hope he does bring that back…Those were some great coins with an effective action to them…I still carry his brass dollar size Chinese coin to this day, and it's one of my most favorite coins to use.

Happy New Year All, and stay tuned for more from this wonderful craftsman, and or just reach out to John with any questions you might have. ;)

I just love this, too! :)

Just a beautiful take with these wonderful coins by Café member, Sean...Great job!
Well Mb, I've followed your posting about JJ's work from where it first started in a completely different thread. I've even taken some of the side turns and branches (jconstantine and the sticker thread) and watched all the videos of the performances - they look amazing. I was out here in the coins section of the café looking for some feedback and input to help me choose a source for some new gaffed coins (shells, flippers, etc.). I'm definitely a dollar coin guy and I bought a whole bunch of uncirculated proof Eisenhower's coins, which I'd like to supply to the right craftsman to get some much better looking gaffs than what I've previously purchased. I think the Eisenhower dollars are beautiful and prefer them over a Morgan or Walking dollar.

ANYWAY.. (I often digress) BUT before I could even begin my hunt for a talented coin-smith artisan, I run into your thread, Mb about the return of John Jurney - a very talented coin-smith artisan. Not one disparaging word has been said about John's work (JJ's Coin Coalition) or John himself (customer service and response) whether here in the café or out there in the real world wide web - nothing but high praise, big props, and lots of appreciation from everyone purchasing his work.

I've heard enough and... okay, I didn't really actually hear anything - I've READ enough (how's that?) to prompt me to leave this thread just long enough to place my own order for this set thru PayPal (it appears to be his preferred payment method). I received my order number of 436. Does that mean I'm the 436th person to order John's new coin set?

I'm fairly new to the performance part of magic (about three years performing, but a lifetime of loving it) and have never heard of the triple split coin set and didn't know what the letters DFST represented (mental note to Google it - no wait... AHA, I get it now - a "double face split triple"). I can't believe I haven't heard of this stuff before, since coins and money are kind of my thing. But HEY, you can't know something about everything until you know everything about something (huh?). The important thing is that I know now.

I will be anxiously awaiting my Coin Coalition set and look forward to some marathon practice sessions (love honing a move or sleight to perfection) and maybe some day looking even half as good as Sean's demo (great job, Sean). I will post more after I receive.

Thanks Mb for sharing and taking me on this journey to Jurney.
Thanks JohnnyPD for your kind comments. The routine I showed is one I perform at tables regularly, but standing up rather than seated.

As an aside, I'm so impressed with this set that I will be showing it at my lectures in the UK (I have Johns permission of course), and producing a explanation video for the routine too.

Enjoy it buddy, it will become your new best friend!
[quote]On Jan 11, 2017, JohnnyPD wrote:
Well Mb, I've followed your posting about JJ's work from where it first started in a completely different thread. I've even taken some of the side turns and branches (jconstantine and the sticker thread) and watched all the videos of the performances - they look amazing. I was out here in the coins section of the café looking for some feedback and input to help me choose a source for some new gaffed coins (shells, flippers, etc.). I'm definitely a dollar coin guy and I bought a whole bunch of uncirculated proof Eisenhower's coins, which I'd like to supply to the right craftsman to get some much better looking gaffs than what I've previously purchased. I think the Eisenhower dollars are beautiful and prefer them over a Morgan or Walking dollar.

ANYWAY.. (I often digress) BUT before I could even begin my hunt for a talented coin-smith artisan, I run into your thread, Mb about the return of John Jurney - a very talented coin-smith artisan. Not one disparaging word has been said about John's work (JJ's Coin Coalition) or John himself (customer service and response) whether here in the café or out there in the real world wide web - nothing but high praise, big props, and lots of appreciation from everyone purchasing his work.

I've heard enough and... okay, I didn't really actually hear anything - I've READ enough (how's that?) to prompt me to leave this thread just long enough to place my own order for this set thru PayPal (it appears to be his preferred payment method). I received my order number of 436. Does that mean I'm the 436th person to order John's new coin set?

I'm fairly new to the performance part of magic (about three years performing, but a lifetime of loving it) and have never heard of the triple split coin set and didn't know what the letters DFST represented (mental note to Google it - no wait... AHA, I get it now - a "double face split triple"). I can't believe I haven't heard of this stuff before, since coins and money are kind of my thing. But HEY, you can't know something about everything until you know everything about something (huh?). The important thing is that I know now.

I will be anxiously awaiting my Coin Coalition set and look forward to some marathon practice sessions (love honing a move or sleight to perfection) and maybe some day looking even half as good as Sean's demo (great job, Sean). I will post more after I receive.

Thanks Mb for sharing and taking me on this journey to Jurney. [/quote]

It is indeed my pleasure JPD and Welcome to the forum... :) I'm so glad that you decided, upon great examination it seems, to give John's work a whirl. You won't be disappointed, as you rightly point out that no one else is...Not one broken piece of glass anywhere as to it. :D

And you are learning this part of magic pretty steadily and coming to understand things more and more...We are happy to have you hopefully for a while in our corner of the art. And y'know, Ike's aren't as well admired as Morgans, but John has made them a bit more popular now in my mind, in this NEW set. I really like the way they look and feel. :) But of course, he also has a Morgan option as well. ;)

And so yes, if you didn't know, well now you know as to the craftsmanship, quality and value as to John Jurney's work. Perhaps not one of the big names (yet), but definitely doing BIG things right now out there. I'm glad you decided to come along. Thanks for the kind comments and wonderfully refreshing post here...Let us know what you think of the work. :)

-Mb
Well, I got my JJs Coin Coalition set last evening and it kept me busy for pretty much the rest of that night. I am more than pleased. It is just as has been described and more. I've purchased gaff coins from Roy Kueppers, Tango, and Johnson. One of my magic mentors has a really nice set of Morgans that I think might be Lassens. I just know he paid upwards of $300-$500 for his set, which were real nice cause I got to work with them a few minutes. I have to say that of all the coin gaffs I've encountered (bought, worked with, or had presented to me) this is the VERY BEST gaff coin set that is available anywhere at any price.

This is the first time that I've ever bought ANY trick, gaff, gimmick, or magic device of any kind that was $50 or more and I honestly felt like I got my money's worth AND more!

The only issue, the only complaint, the only critique that bears any mention has nothing to do with the coin set, but rather with the instructional videos provided. I'm sure John didn't want to treat his customers and peers as though they were children, by trying to relay Bobos Modern Coin Magic in full or in part, but some details are needed for magic toddlers like myself. I've been performing the art of magic for around three years, thus the toddler designation. Most of what John provides for instruction are actually performance videos that require some interpretation and de-construction. I can tell that John is quite the accomplished master of coins. His palming effort in the very beginning/opening of his routine (where he first brings out the coin) is imperceptible and flawless. It is so well hidden that I can only assume he's palming, based on the little bit I know of Bobo, but it's never mentioned in the "instructions" or in any of the material.

I'm sure I'll work up my own routine eventually, since the possibilities are endless with these coins. It just would be nice to have one detailed routine to help us toddlers get crawling right away.

Bottom line: Get this coin set, you won't regret it. I'm getting me a second set. They are that good and the best money I've spent on magic since... well, since I started purchasing magic. Be sure and practice your routine until you've got it near perfect and then practice a bit more. We don't want anyone flashing anything to civilians. My lady is my "practice crash dummy," which means she's usually the first to see a new effect and the first to see me screw it up but good (she's taken a vow of silence on such matters), but with these coins I'm not showing her ANYTHING until I can be as prepared and polished as John. It may be a few months, but then.... WHAM!

Thanks again Mb for sharing.
I must post a retraction to my previous post about there being any missing video instruction (there is NOT anything missing). I emailed my concern to John and he kindly and quickly responded letting me know which video provided the detailed presentation I was looking to find (Cliff Notes video). I also realized why I didn't quite see the Cliff Notes as being that which I was seeking - this routine just has a whole lot of things going on in a comparably short period of time. John even offered to create a personal video just for me that would provide further details and instructions for any moves I might mention where I still needed help. How awesome is that? Thanks, John.

Now I've discovered what I truly needed to help me best prepare, practice, present, and perform the main routine for this coin set - it is that same video that I originally thought was missing along with one other small thing - a video player that allows for adjusting the playback speed. VLC Video Player is open source and the perfect tool to provide for adjustment of that playback speed needing adjusted. I reduced the speed on my VLC Player to 20% of the original, so 1 second of original playback now takes 5 seconds.

Again my apologies to John and anyone associated with this, for me finding fault where none existed. Dang, with this new revelation, I think JJ's Coin Coalition just might be perfectly The Best Trick of 2016 or 2017 or maybe even The Best Trick of the millennium.
These things look great!
Good to hear that you like the coin set JPD, and that you eventually found what you were looking for in it, that was really there all along. ;) Thanks again for all your good words about the set, and enjoy! :D

[b]Oh, and hey guys, y'know Magi-Fest is this week (1/26-28, Columbus, OH), and the word on the street is that John Jurney will be there in the flesh starting Thursday night, and he'll have his wonderful "Coin Coalition" with him if you want to see it. 😉 There'll be a lot of big names at Magi-Fest, there always is and it's always well worth it to get there if you can. I'm sure John will race the engine for you "Coin Coalition," if you like. 😊 It'll be good to meet the man in person behind such wonderful new coin craftsmanship.

Go and enjoy, and tell'em Mb sent'cha! 😉👍🏽[/b]
The coin gaffs are good, but ,as a Chinese user, I must say the Chinese is weird.
He's claiming they're Japanese coins, not Chinese ones...

I wish I could check them out ag Magi-Fest, perhaps I'll get to see them somewhere else sometime.
[quote]On Jan 23, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
He's claiming they're Japanese coins, not Chinese ones...

I wish I could check them out ag Magi-Fest, perhaps I'll get to see them somewhere else sometime. [/quote]

I think he might be referring to the "Chinese" characters on the coins. Together they probably say something strange!

Jim
Yes, I'm talking about those, too. In his demo video, he calls them "Japanese 10 Yen" coins - I'm guessing to distinguish them from the more typical "Chinese" coins that have a hole in them.

That would make them Japanese characters, not Chinese characters. I wouldn't expect them to say anything significant (or real), but I also wouldn't be surprised if John picked them because they did - that seems like the kind of attention to detail he'd include.

Sadly, I know neither Japanese or Chinese, so I can't say either way...
I somehow doubt the average spectator would know the difference between Chinese and Japanese characters especially as the coins are not given out for the spectator to look at.
[quote]On Jan 28, 2017, warren wrote:
I somehow doubt the average spectator would know the difference between Chinese and Japanese characters especially as the coins are not given out for the spectator to look at. [/quote]

Very true buddy!
Certainly. The audience will likely believe they're from wherever country you say they're from.

The quoted post is a response to FrankHorn, who claimed the Chinese was weird, to which I replied that they weren't *meant* to be Chinese, they're meant to be Japanese...
[quote]On Jan 29, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
Certainly. The audience will likely believe they're from wherever country you say they're from.

The quoted post is a response to FrankHorn, who claimed the Chinese was weird, to which I replied that they weren't *meant* to be Chinese, they're meant to be Japanese... [/quote]

Exactly!

And I agree, it all doesn't matter much if at all to spectators. :)

*On another note, John had a blast just recently showing his [b]Coin Coalition[/b] to people while at Magi-Fest. :D
I actually did a Google translate on the Japanese characters, and they said, "King Kong vs. Godzilla". Didn't know John was a fan of the big fella!

[img]http://img.cinemablend.com/cb/f/7/5/b/1/f/f75b1fe58a3cece5c4d532783b70c0b6cc6765fb60933ce45f063248ac7d06d7.jpg[/img]
Man, that's funny. :D

Not sure John is a fan of these big fellas (though I am), :D but I do know he creates some BIG magic with his coin sets. :)

I'm hearing that a lot of interest was shown in his work, by the big, small, and all. ;)

The word is getting around as to such high quality work.
Hi everyone, wanted to add myself to the list of people who are very happy with this set and my thanks to MB for making me aware of John's work. I even accidentally put my order in twice and when I alerted John of my mistake he acted on it straight away and issued me with a refund on the second purchase. Great customer service! I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this set. Here's a work in progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=3zVo6xh96LQ
[quote]On Feb 12, 2017, Kanawati wrote:
Hi everyone, wanted to add myself to the list of people who are very happy with this set and my thanks to MB for making me aware of John's work. I even accidentally put my order in twice and when I alerted John of my mistake he acted on it straight away and issued me with a refund on the second purchase. Great customer service! I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this set. Here's a work in progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=3zVo6xh96LQ [/quote]

Fantastic routine, I really liked the patter and switch-ups! It reminded me a bit of Gadabout coins, which I've always enjoyed. A couple of thoughts/observations:

1) Careful when you flip the set in the beginning - it doesn't sound like a normal coin, and some people might notice. I try to avoid flipping gaffs whenever possible. If you're going to go into your pocket immediately, why not flip a real one instead?

2) Watch your angles: At 0:21, you flashed badly, which is particularly noticable because you have a coin in the same hand! I'm not even sure why it was there, because you immediately went back into your pocket again.

3) I liked the flip to copper coins at the end, but it felt strange when your patter earlier was that you "need to have two of the same coin" (I loved that line/timing). So they were still the same coin, and you could have done the trick. I'd focus on them needing to be silver earlier.

But again, just a few minor suggestions - overall great. :)
Hi everyone, wanted to add myself to the list of people who are very happy with this set and my thanks to MB for making me aware of John's work. I even accidentally put my order in twice and when I alerted John of my mistake he acted on it straight away and issued me with a refund on the second purchase. Great customer service! I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this set. Here's a work in progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=3zVo6xh96LQ [/quote]

Well done apart from the flash at 0.21 I thought it was excellent :)
Aaah! Thanks for picking that up guys. I have to be a lot more careful of my angles! Many thanks also for the encouragement and advice. Will keep working on this. I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this precision made set.
Hi everyone, wanted to add myself to the list of people who are very happy with this set and my thanks to MB for making me aware of John's work. I even accidentally put my order in twice and when I alerted John of my mistake he acted on it straight away and issued me with a refund on the second purchase. Great customer service! I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this set. Here's a work in progress... [/quote]

I truly enjoyed that. :D You have a such an easy way about you, Kanawati...I can see how it would just suck specs right in. :D And your use of John's coin set here is very admirable and creative. I'm sure you'll continue to progress this one into a real gem for you. :)

www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=3zVo6xh96LQ

Good job! :)
Aaah! Thanks for picking that up guys. I have to be a lot more careful of my angles! Many thanks also for the encouragement and advice. Will keep working on this. I'm really enjoying the possibilities with this precision made set. [/quote]

Thanks for sharing this work in progress - very magical.
Charlie
Yes, I have to add my kudos to John for his excellent customer service. I've got a bunch of these Proof Eisenhower dollars that are really shiny with sharp features, as most proof coins are, and I've been wanting to get some custom coin gaffs made from them. I had been thinking about a flipper coin and an expanded shell (may do those later), but after seeing and using JJ's Coin Coalition, I had to ask John if he'd be willing to make me a custom coin or two. Now I have to be careful when I say custom, because they're actually not any different than what he's always made. He's just using the coins that I am providing and have sent to him. I told him no rush on the work (he said to give him 2-3 weeks). With me providing the coins and with me purchasing a total of three Coin Coalitions, John treated me very nicely (we'll just say that).

AND... if anyone would like to meet John in person and see his coins live and in person, then come meet John and a bunch of us Corny Magician at Iowa's Largest Magic Convention, AbraCORNdabra (not super crazy about the name, but hey... I live in Iowa. What ya gonnna do?). John will be there, I'll be there, and a few other folks you may know will be there May 19th thru 21st.

Here's a link (I'm assuming it's okay to post this kind of promotion for a local convention?): http://abracorndabra.com/

When I talked with John last week he confirmed that he had a table booked for the convention and asked if I was going to be there. Ah... YEA! I'm looking forward to meeting John in person. John is "the guy" who makes these coins, markets them, sells them, ships them, and even responds to customer's cooremail concerns. Now he doesn't do it all, cause I know his wife helps out some. According to John her job is to collect the money. And I know that's a fact, because that's to whom I PayPal-d my payment.

Come on out to AbraCORNdabra, where you can meet John and a bunch of us corny Iowa magicians.
PD,

So glad you like your new "Coin Coalition." So many people are having fun with this. :D

And happy to hear about John coming to your convention out in Iowa. That's going to be a lot of fun, as John shows what his magical coins can do. He's quite a magician as well as a stellar craftsman. :)

-Mb
Hey, one of John's many customers sent me a pic of a project he did with his Morgan coin set. He softened & aged them to a beautiful result. The Morgans look like the real thing, and the Japanese coin shows greatly enhanced contrast. Beautiful job! :)
WOW! John!? Jeebuz man! Those look incredible! I couldn't stop playing with the Eisenhowers... but but but... now? Take my money!
Psst, psst...

...And just like that, a new version of [b]JJ's Coin Coalition Replica Morgan[/b]...in [b]Poker Chips[/b]...Just real clever craftsmanship, and pretty darn sweet! :D

*Ask John to show them to you if you see him, or reach out to him at jjurney14@comcast.net but in the meantime they'll be available the first week in June, I hear. Tell'em Mb sent'cha. ;)
I've seen the multi-colored set and John's routine with it...Sweet! :D

In the meantime, here's a peek at the black poker chip set... ;)
After seeing that beautifully softened & aged version -- and not having the knowledge, exerience or skill to soften/age coins myself -- I have to ask (or suggest): can John himself perhaps make available for purchase such a similarly softened & aged set? That would REALLY be something!
OK! I just got a version of this in Eisenhower Dollar and "YEN" from Stevens Magic Emporium. This is now on sale for just $90! I cannot believe how great this set is. I have Everything made by Johnny Wong and this is 10 times more useful. The sticker faces used by Wong stick and do not flash like coins. This JJ marvels are the real thing. Real metal. Real FLASH and real SOUND! I LOVE these babies! You could spend a year in your room and never tire of miracles you can do with this set. In fact, you can use just TWO of the Three and have totally different routines. Craftsmanship, fit and finish are outstanding! All three pieces have fully milled edges which is a big help. The set includes 4 very thin and totally clear stickers which you may apply to the center of two of the coins (with 2 spares) made of Teflon and this really helps the smooth movement while retaining the sound and flash. I have some 20 pieces of coin work from the God - Todd Lassen - and this work by JJ for 90 bucks is right up there with a Lassen type construction. This is serious professional gaff for a ridiculously low price. And - BIG bonus - the streaming instructions, unlike Wongs's - are FANTASTIC! JJ - You have a new convert! I am a big fan. Thank you for excellence! You can get the Stevens sets here: https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/coin-coalition-eisenhower/

A note about Stevens: The owners there, Joe and Mark, have been selling to me for like decades. Never met either but BOY will they walk the extra mile for you if you have a need for any special works, or help. I love this industry because of relationships forged in places like the Café and from dealers who care like Stevens. Supporting these dealers just gets us all good stuff for less! Hat's off to them!
Stevens Magic says they are out of stock there, but John has them on his own site at the $90 sale price too. I just ordered my second set.

Jim
[quote]On Jul 15, 2017, StarManager wrote:
OK! I just got a version of this in Eisenhower Dollar and "YEN" from Stevens Magic Emporium. This is now on sale for just $90! I cannot believe how great this set is. I have Everything made by Johnny Wong and this is 10 times more useful. The sticker faces used by Wong stick and do not flash like coins. This JJ marvels are the real thing. Real metal. Real FLASH and real SOUND! I LOVE these babies! You could spend a year in your room and never tire of miracles you can do with this set. In fact, you can use just TWO of the Three and have totally different routines. Craftsmanship, fit and finish are outstanding! All three pieces have fully milled edges which is a big help. The set includes 4 very thin and totally clear stickers which you may apply to the center of two of the coins (with 2 spares) made of Teflon and this really helps the smooth movement while retaining the sound and flash. I have some 20 pieces of coin work from the God - Todd Lassen - and this work by JJ for 90 bucks is right up there with a Lassen type construction. This is serious professional gaff for a ridiculously low price. And - BIG bonus - the streaming instructions, unlike Wongs's - are FANTASTIC! JJ - You have a new convert! I am a big fan. Thank you for excellence! You can get the Stevens sets here: https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/coin-coalition-eisenhower/

A note about Stevens: The owners there, Joe and Mark, have been selling to me for like decades. Never met either but BOY will they walk the extra mile for you if you have a need for any special works, or help. I love this industry because of relationships forged in places like the Café and from dealers who care like Stevens. Supporting these dealers just gets us all good stuff for less! Hat's off to them! [/quote]

Hey StarManager, I'm glad you took the plunge on John's work to see for yourself as to the excellence of the product. John has thought long and hard on these coins to come up with a new way as to them. It's reviews like yours and many others here that really share a deeper perspective that people can use and learn from as to quality products. John has all sorts of magic and I'm so glad that he's back out there with good stuff for an affordable price, and he's got some really good routines too. :D

I think it's good for us all to have such a noble craftsman to help pull/ shepard us along as to some newer possibilities. Enjoy your coins my friend and I hope folks keep checking out John's work at [b]Stevens Magic Emporium[/b], and at his own [b]John Jurney[/b] website as he's always thinking and creating all sorts of good, interesting magic. :)
Thank You MB! For those of you new here - MB217 invented and perfected a move called the Crimp Change which is a seminal addition to the art of sleight of hand. MB has created a new and different set of sleights that are beyond amazing and which I personally have found to be among the very best of useable moves for a coin-man. MB - please post links of where people can see videos of your Crimp Change and see your video downloads on this thread. No coin worker should miss this work!
[quote]On Jul 20, 2017, StarManager wrote:
MB - please post links of where people can see videos of your Crimp Change and see your video downloads on this thread. No coin worker should miss this work! [/quote]

You mean the videos/downloads here? http://vinnymarini.com/download/revisited.html (and all the other ones of his?)
I agree that all of the ones I've bought of MB's are fantastic. I only wish he offered a "buy all of them" pack, for discounts. Then again, I've bought enough that I'd probably sad it's not worth the savings any more... :(
MB's offerings are so inexpensive anyone should be able to get it all. He's not making a fortune on his work. He's charging just a little to keep the secrets secret. Thank you tonsofquestions for posting the link!
[quote]On Jul 20, 2017, StarManager wrote:
MB's offerings are so inexpensive anyone should be able to get it all. He's not making a fortune on his work. He's charging just a little to keep the secrets secret. Thank you tonsofquestions for posting the link! [/quote]

Careful now. Inexpensive? I have purchased 22 downloads of Marion's at a total cost of $236. While I do enjoy his effects and I especially like that he uses videos and written information (PDFs), I wouldn’t characterize them as inexpensive. The total price of the downloads I have would gotten me about seven or eight multi-DVD sets by some of magic's masters.

But, hey: It's all good!

Jim
Yes, this ^
Each individual one isn't extremely expensive, but he's put out a lot of them, and they can add up quickly if you want several!

But each one is wonderful, so I'm slowly trying to accumulate more!
J-Mac - 22 downloads for $236 is under $11 for each trick or deep sleight explanation. Respectfully, for what you get from Marion in his offerings, I believe it to be better work for less money than general, hence my term cheap. However I would revise that to "Incredible Value" in deference to you . . .
Star, you're kidding right?

David Roth, Expert Magic Made Easy, $37 for 49 effects = $0.71 each.

Michael Rubinstein, Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights, $73.41 for 115 effects = $0.64 each.

Harry Lorayne, Best Ever Collection, $104 for 137 effects = $0.76 each.

I could go on, but why?

Jim
Does anyone have an email address for John as there isn't one on his site and I'm trying to contact him regards my order, if so perhaps you could send it to me via pm.

Thanks
For those who have a Replica Morgan set, how has the coin hold up during time ? I've had bad experience with Replica that got darker, nearly black over time and manipulation. How are your set ? It would be good to know before buying one.

Thanks !
I just bought this set at Magic Live 2017. I already own the Johnny Wong set and was very pleased to the point of wanting another set for back up. But I was hoping for a deal. $140 for a set I already own is a bit steep. (My brother gifted me half the price as a present.) Then I went to the Steven's Magic Emporium booth and was blown away at the quality of the coin set. When I saw JJ's antiqued version, I was more sold than ever, and at $90, they couldn't take my money fast enough. These coins look GREAT, and REAL! This set will be in my show and the Wong set will be the back up! These coins are so beautiful. And JJ was awesome to talk to.

Now the downside, if you can call it that. They are not for beginners. They will talk if you don't know how to handle them. They do come with an optional Teflon sticker to curb the sound if you wish. You will have to ink in the Japanese Kanji writing and get it just right. And if you do, they look spectacular! JJ prefers to not ink them.

The brass will age naturally and the coins will look better over time. Another reason I do not use the Teflon stickers. They will also talk less over time as they smooth out. The Wong coins will need a replacement sticker over time.

Final conclusion: both coin set will do what you need them to do. But the JJ set look way better and will look even better over time, and for $50 less! You don't get as much instruction as you do if you buy from Paul Richards or Johnny Wong that come with a DVD. But it won't be an issue if you already know what to do with them.

-Migz
I forgot to do a follow up post to say that I managed to contact John, I received my order and like many before me was really pleased with the product and would definitely recommend this coin set to anyone :)
Ordered my set. Should be here tomorrow or Monday. Can't wait.

Hey, can someone point me to a thread on smoothing / aging my Morgan replicas as shown in of MB's posts in this thread ? Bleach, steel wool, Morgan Magic Wand etc ? LOL Thanks !
Having got to use this in the real world now I can definitely vouch for it's effectiveness as this has now become my opener at tables. Packs small and plays BIG !!

some nice vanishes in there!
On the price per trick.

Wow! J-Mac,

I never broke down those prices like that! That's interesting to think of them that way. Think of all that work done for that little financial return. You gotta love the art when you release something! It has to be more than money in my opinion.
[quote]On Oct 17, 2017, BrotherJeffrey wrote:

some nice vanishes in there! [/quote]

Thank you Bro Jeffrey - I think the fantastic coin set does most of the hard work though!!!
[quote]On Oct 17, 2017, BrotherJeffrey wrote:

some nice vanishes in there! [/quote]

Wow - no kidding! Beautiful work. BTW - that has to be the coolest wall paper ever.
LOL, thanks (I think...) MaxfieldsMagic for the kind comments about the wallpaper!!!! I must get a video done of me performing this at a table too, in a real working environment rather than front on to a camera. At the table, I produce a real dollar coin which is handed out for examination, and then switched out - I think this adds to the impact.
This really looks fantastic. Gonna put in a late call to Santa that I want this Ike set in my stocking....and will probably snag a Morgan set soon too!
[quote]On Dec 8, 2017, pepka wrote:
This really looks fantastic. Gonna put in a late call to Santa that I want this Ike set in my stocking....and will probably snag a Morgan set soon too! [/quote]

I love this coin set, I was using it only tonight as my opener at the tables for a Corporate event. Definitely one of my best purchases :)
Odd question... Stevens has this for $90 AND something called Triple Split Poker Chip Morgan Set for $75. Is this the same basic gaff only instead of Japanese coins, they change to colored poker chips? That's what it looks like to me. I think that the colored poker chips would really pop a bit more than the Japanese coins.
Colored poker chips are stickers which will be subjected to wear and tear.

Japanese coins are not which makes it maintenance free
Thanks, that settles that.
Man, you guys should see how John has progressed this set...The set with real Morgans is just beautiful! These are some special coins that you will treasure forever, not to mention that it's one heckuva trick..Packs small, plays BIG, every time! :)

Hey, If any of you are out at [b]Magi-Fest[/b] this week (1/25-27 in Columbus, Ohio), look for John to see & just maybe get your hands on some of these babies, along with some of his other wonderful coin work that he might just happen to have with him. [I]Tell'em Mb sent'cha![/I] ;)

*Oh, and besides the wonderful craftmanship & magic of John Jurney, Magi-Fest is loaded this year with great lectures, magic dealers, and FUN, FUN, FUN...If you can make it, BE THERE!!! :)

www.magifest.org
Ordered two sets of this + Duplicate Japanese coins.

Will give review as soon as I receive it!
Does he offer duplicate Japanese coins now? The last time I asked that wasn't an option.
Yeah tons, many people have been asking about this and I'm happy to say that he's got the duplicate Japanese coins now, and they look pretty darn sweet. ;)
Huh. I just checked his site and I didn't see any listed. I guess you have to ask for them specifically?
Yeah, , just email John as he's just gotten around to making a batch of these. ;)

jjurney14@comcast.net
Here's a peek... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAB84NFL-A&feature=youtu.be
[quote]On Jan 25, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Here's a peek... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAB84NFL-A&feature=youtu.be [/quote]

Very nice!

Darko
Those look great!
Ooh, yes, very nice!
Love Johns work :)
[quote]On Jan 23, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Man, you guys should see how John has progressed this set...The set with real Morgans is just beautiful! These are some special coins that you will treasure forever, not to mention that it's one heckuva trick..Packs small, plays BIG, every time! :)
[/quote]

Here's a peek... ;)
...And the other side with the casino chips...
I contacted John, and he told me that the Chips will be available at the end of February. I already asked for a set but on Ikes
Yeah pab, people are really digging the NEW real Morgans/Chips set... :) But yeah, he will make them with the Ikes (and replica Morgans, too) for all those that prefer it. They're pretty darn nice as well. ;) Let us know what you think here when you get them. :)
Got my coins and the duplicates and they look super.

Duplicate jap coins are about 2/3 the size of the coalition coin.

Nesting capabilities (can nest with the coalition coin).

Trying to workout the sliding sound. I’m used to Johnny Wong super triple coin that the screeching sound bothers me a bit.

It was either this or double deception. This has a larger potential for lower price.
This is one of the few effects that I perform regularly that I actually don't see the need for any duplicate coins as there isn't a gap in the routine that I use where a spectator would ask to see the coin/coins in fact if anything it would spoil the flow of the routine.
[quote]On Feb 2, 2018, warren wrote:
This is one of the few effects that I perform regularly that I actually don't see the need for any duplicate coins as there isn't a gap in the routine that I use where a spectator would ask to see the coin/coins in fact if anything it would spoil the flow of the routine. [/quote]

If you want to perform and international 3 fly / scotch and soda routine, you would need a duplicate coin. Of course you can do a regular 3 fly and get duplicate ikes (easier to find).

With a duplicate coin, the routine possibility increases.
Hi warren, what sort of reactions are you getting when you do the effect? :)

Y'know, it's such an easy routine to get down, packs very small but plays very BIG...You see it all in their eyes at the fantastic changes, productions, and vanishes revealed magically at your fingertips. John really came up a with a wonderful effect in this coin set, and I can't get over the fine workmanship that allows for such sleekness and stealth...Just marvelous! :)
Hi Mb I've been getting great reactions with this set although I have added a little kicker finish ;) in fact when I work tables it's now my opener and has replaced Extreme Burn that's how strong I think it is
WOW! If it replaced Extreme Burn for you, well, then that's really saying something. :)

It really is a neat little trick, and I was playing with it all weekend...Just nice, nice, nice!

This will fall into my prize possession box of most magical things for sure. :)
Finally got mine today. Very nicely made and I look forward to experimenting with this in the next few weeks.
So, do the "Japanese coins" tarnish with handling? I think they would show up much better if that copper ring gets a nice patina.
From what I have seen and handled of them, no, they do not tarnish much, but if they did it would be easy enough to them spruce up again. And you're right pep, that copper ring does get a very nice patina to it, giving much more contrast between both sides of the coin. :)

Just loving this NEW set. :D
Oh, and pep...these are real silver Morgans. ;) And I know John is now taking pre-orders for the silver set for a cost of [b]$250[/b] (After that, they will be up to $300 per set). And from what I can see, feel and experience from spec's reactions, this set is well-worth it...There's no better deal on this level of quality work out there...So, if you can get in on this with a wonderful discount while it lasts, all the better. :)

*Tell'em Mb sent'cha! ;) jjurney14@comcast.net

Just beautiful!
Omg! The new Morgan coins look awesome!!!!!
Love the Morgans, but I'm not 100% sold on the color on the other side. What is that supposed to be?
A poker Chip with a 1 in the front and colors in the outside
Today I received the japanese duplicates. They look really great.
Now I have another idea that I shared with John. We'll see if John can do that for me.

Darko
And yes dj, these [b]duplicate Japanese coins[/b] (on the left here) John has made available (at the request of many) match the sets perfectly, and are very nice, too. Can't wait to see what you come up with, with them. ;)
[quote]On Feb 8, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
A poker Chip with a 1 in the front and colors in the outside [/quote]

Looks nothing like any poker chip I nor spectators have ever seen. They may not know a real 1 Yen coin....but they know a poker chip.
Then Pepka this combination is not for you.
Hey, everything is not for everybody, but what John has done with this new casino chip design is give sorta the same alternative that Tenyo Elite does in making their effects in finer materials, like metals instead of the more regular plastic offerings. The real point is that there is a clear and recognizable contrast from one side to the other (none of this is or has to be explained to the specs as they can see well enough as to the differences). I mean, you don't ever have to tell anyone that you're doing the Ambitious Card Routine, you just do it and they get the message well enough, or something like that. :D

So anyway, what John has done has made the chips in metal instead of plastic, and there are some real benefits to it as to wear, functionality, and sleekness, especially since the chips were never real on anyone's set, just stickers, which could be problematic and to me never really looked real. This set is far superior in workmanship and progress to anything before it, IMHO. But with all of that, to each his own, as in all John's sets, he has made a variety of these affordable for everyone's preferences. :)
I got a chance to use John's NEW real Morgan set for some folks this weekend, and they couldn't believe their eyes at the production and changing of the coins one by one to colorful casino chips...and then back again to coins...and then gone! :D

So much fun with this set. :)
Has anyone experimented to see if CC will work with the Blackbird holdout gimmick?
Never mind, found my answer.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2018, pepka wrote:
Never mind, found my answer. [/quote]

And you're just going to leave us hanging? Share the answer with us!
It certainly works with Secret Servante!
I'm sure it will, but that wasn't the question being asked here.

Some folks will already have a holdout, and want to know if this set will work with it, as opposed to having the set already, and be looking for a holdout.
Someone had posted that 2/3 of the gimmick will fit in the Blackbird holdout. You'd have to ring in the other 1/3 from the other hand.
Ahh, of course. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!
[quote]On Feb 13, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
It certainly works with Secret Servante! [/quote]

And it works very nicely, I might add. ;)

Brilliant device, "Secret Servante." 🎩
Man, this set and a deck of cards is all you need... :)
I normally work with half dollars, but finally caved and just purchased a set. Hopefully my tiny hands will adapt!
[quote]On Feb 22, 2018, APC wrote:
I normally work with half dollars, but finally caved and just purchased a set. Hopefully my tiny hands will adapt! [/quote]

The coins do all the work for you this is probably one of the easiest coin effects going regardless of hand size, as long as you watch your angles there's nothing to worry about :)
This is the set I have been waiting for! I received an email that they are shipping tomorrow, I put in my order tonight.

https://www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/coins/eisenhower-poker-set-new-product/
Glad you're on it Ace... :) And for anyone not knowing better what he's talking about, take a look at these, Hot Off The Presses!... ;)

[b]First a trailer:[/b]

https://vimeo.com/259484201

[b]...And second, a performance:[/b]

https://vimeo.com/259484218

*You can reach John here, and tell'em Mb sent'cha ;) jjurney14@comcast.net

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/
Small but important update on the email info above:

jjmagiccoins@comcast.net

😉👍🏽
I just ordered the replica Morgan set. They are some really nice looking coins. I can't wait to get them.
I am fairly new to coin magic with a few slights down. I can do a decent retention vanish but could still use some practice.
I was looking at another set of coins but it got too many bad reviews so I passed. I came across this thread today and everybody was giving it great reviews
so I took the plung.

Allen
I was using this superb set only yesterday at a wedding and it got amazing reactions, give it the practice it deserves and it will serve you very well :)
Do these separate smoothly or do you need to add Teflon etc to make them separate easier?
[quote]On Jul 27, 2018, Griflex wrote:
Do these separate smoothly or do you need to add Teflon etc to make them separate easier? [/quote]

No Teflon required buddy, they are as smooth as silk! I used to have the Jonny Wong set which required this, but JJs set doesn’t use stickers. I believe that John does however supply Teflon as an option now though, although I’m not sure why.... Here’s me using my set https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc
Very interested, although I'm now intrigued by the transformer set
They said my set will come in on Tuesday. I was hoping it would have come in today. Our mail is very slow,it is a true definition of snail mail.
Allen
Here is my modified routine, omitted some bits and this suits me down to the ground

https://youtu.be/JP_FhReKvTc
"Modified???" Man, that's pretty good already. Can't wait to see what you come up with as you play with it more and more, Daren. :)

Happy you're enjoying the set. :)

*And hoping you got your set by now, 44...You're gonna love it! :D
[quote]On Aug 29, 2018, rowland wrote:

...I haven’t got the Transformer set yet but I will have it very soon I hope. But I have recently received his [b]Coin Coalition[/b] set though. WOW! what great workmanship, I absolutely love using them and the reactions I have received have embarrassed me. They are way better then I expected. I did a gig on Tuesday night and someone came up to me after the show and said the coins looked like real magic...
[/quote]

Another very happy customer... :)
Ok, quite a few magicians have sent me messages about if I had the instructions to my routine using JJs fantastic Coin Coalition.... Well, I have finally put together an instructional video. It’s over twenty minutes long and also includes some switching ideas that I use to bring into play and indeed, ditch the gimmick using my Secret Servante holdout.

If anyone’s interested in downloading it, just drop me a pm - it’s just £5 and also I’m happy to offer it FOC for anyone wanting to order a Secret Servante holdout.

Here’s my routine;

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc
This offering by simplymagicweb is just excellent, worth much more than what he's asking...Heck, the bonus coin production he shows right up front is worth the price of admission... :D What a beauty to open things up with. :)

What do you get? You get a wonderful routine by a real worker who uses this specific piece of magic daily to rave applause and reviews. This is the best of tests, and by a guy that is a talented close-up man that happens to just also be an exceptional coin guy as well. :)

He has taken John's clever work in his [b]Coin Coalition[/b] and mixed it with his own [b]Secret Servant[/b], and produced a stellar routine really worth checking out, for the routine and or all the juicy bits & pieces. But he not only goes over usage with his contribution, but he shows you other ways to do it without it, and gives all kinds of alternative methods. So it's not all about him, but he helps to make it all about you with this wonderful coin set. :)

To me, this is a no-brainer of an offer. If you love good coin magic, then this is a great package to get, for the routine, the complete teaching & visuals, and a piece a work that's like a good peanut butter & jelly sandwich...what's not to like? :D

So, a great offer has been created and made just for you, from a wonderful member here on the Café as to a great piece of magic...He heard your call, now it's your move. ;)

*Highly Recommended!
Message: Posted by: Brandon Sheffield (Sep 10, 2018 10:09PM)
When Sean messaged me and told me he had created a download explanation for the routine he does with the Coalition coin set, I was all in! He shared his routine a while back on here and to be honest, it’s what sold me on the set! If Sean endorses it, I listen! I’ll second everything that was said above! It’s a great routine
I am interested in purchasing one of John's coin sets but I'm a little concerned that his website seems in disarray. Several links end up with 404 or 500 server errors. I'm confused whether Coin Coalition is even still available. The links for the Eisenhower/Poker Chip set seem to work correctly. I can view its page and add it to the cart. But, the Coin Coalition set (Japanese coins) can be added to the cart but its webpage can't be loaded (server error). I also don't see any sign of the matching Japanese coins mentioned in this thread.

I read in another thread that John was experiencing some delays (and, apparently, for good reason) but I certainly don't want to spend the money only to experience a long wait.

I shot an email to John to inquire about availability and hope I'll get a reply sometime tomorrow.

Mark
Here is "Samoya" routine demonstrated with "JJ's Coin Coalition" set:
https://youtu.be/jWEsNhNk4ps

Darko
Nice..slow & smooth ...
John responded to my email this morning and we've exchanged a couple of emails since. I ordered the Eisenhower/Casino poker chip set. I like the more striking contrast of the vivid colors. I realize that three different colors reduces some of the possibilities for coin transpositions (such as just demonstrated in Darko's video) but John's routine with the poker set is very strong too.

I want to mention that my concerns about the website issues ultimately proved to be nothing to worry about. John has been very prompt in replying to email and his wife has already prepared my order for shipping. I received a tracking number less than an hour after placing the order.

My experience with JJ Magic Coins is my best experience with a magic retailer since getting drawn back into magic a month ago. I've recently placed multiple orders with 4 different retailers and JJ Magic Coins gets my highest recommendation!

Mark
Darko, great routine
[quote]On Dec 6, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
Darko, great routine [/quote]

Yes, just excellent!

This set allows you to do so much, just add imagination. 😊
[quote]On Dec 6, 2018, Magic Mark wrote:
John responded to my email this morning and we've exchanged a couple of emails since. I ordered the Eisenhower/Casino poker chip set. I like the more striking contrast of the vivid colors. I realize that three different colors reduces some of the possibilities for coin transpositions (such as just demonstrated in Darko's video) but John's routine with the poker set is very strong too.

I want to mention that my concerns about the website issues ultimately proved to be nothing to worry about. John has been very prompt in replying to email and his wife has already prepared my order for shipping. I received a tracking number less than an hour after placing the order.

My experience with JJ Magic Coins is my best experience with a magic retailer since getting drawn back into magic a month ago. I've recently placed multiple orders with 4 different retailers and JJ Magic Coins gets my highest recommendation!

Mark [/quote]

I’m just happening upon this, but glad that you chose to just contact John directly as I have often enough directed others to do in similar situations. And I see that the issues have been immediately addressed and your order is already in the works. Now that’s really good customer service. 😁👍🏽 And I’m sure John appreciates the good words from you as to fixing things. Like so many here, you’re gonna love this. 😁 And isn’t it grand that he has so many variations of the set, something to fit everyone’s liking & pocketbook. 😁👍🏽

Let us know what you think when you get it. What a great Christmas present to self. Enjoy! 😊
[quote]On Dec 7, 2018, Mb217 wrote:

I’m just happening upon this, but glad that you chose to just contact John directly as I have often enough directed others to do in similar situations. And I see that the issues have been immediately addressed and your order is already in the works. Now that’s really good customer service. 😁👍🏽 And I’m sure John appreciates the good words from you as to fixing things. Like so many here, you’re gonna love this. 😁 And isn’t it grand that he has so many variations of the set, something to fit everyone’s liking & pocketbook. 😁👍🏽

Let us know what you think when you get it. What a great Christmas present to self. Enjoy! 😊 [/quote]

Thanks. It is supposed to be here Monday.

Mark
Just checking back here onya...

So Mark, did you get this yet...Hope so, and if so, then what do you think? :)

-Happy Holidays to All, Good Will Towards Men :)
John’s coins are fantastic. Shortly after I received them I got together with a friend who owns the Johnny Wong set and had a chance to play with it. I experienced the sticking issue that others have mentioned with the Wong set. The JJ set has no such sticking issues.

My friend (a working pro magician) also played with my JJ set and said he was going to order one for himself.

Mark
[quote]On Dec 31, 2018, Magic Mark wrote:
John’s coins are fantastic. Shortly after I received them I got together with a friend who owns the Johnny Wong set and had a chance to play with it. I experienced the sticking issue that others have mentioned with the Wong set. The JJ set has no such sticking issues.

My friend (a working pro magician) also played with my JJ set and said he was going to order one for himself.

Mark [/quote]

There is no better word to give of John's work, than the words that come from all those that give it a real try and see for themselves as to the creativity and high quality of his efforts.

Oh, and telling by all the other responses, I think your friend is going to love it! :D
Waiting for my set in the mail. :)
[quote]On Feb 5, 2019, helder wrote:
Waiting for my set in the mail. :) [/quote]

Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made :)
[quote]On Feb 6, 2019, warren wrote:

Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made :) [/quote]

;) Can't wait, looks like they will ship it on 19th.

Do you have any video performing it?
[quote]On Feb 6, 2019, helder wrote:
[quote]On Feb 6, 2019, warren wrote:

Your in for a treat it's one of the best purchases I've made :) [/quote]

;) Can't wait, looks like they will ship it on 19th.

Do you have any video performing it? [/quote]

I do have a video of me performing it at a wedding the quality isn't great and it is noisy but the video isn't online.
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7B0kRB44Qc&t=13s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNGJhXgNWM

It is a thing of beauty I agree. 👍👈

Sadly, I do not own one. :spinningcoin:
😂
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch?
[quote]On Feb 23, 2019, helder wrote:
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch? [/quote]

Yes that’s what I do! I use my Secret Servante holdout to house both the regular coin and the JJ coin, and use it to produce and ditch both. Any switch will do such as a shuttle pass.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
[quote]On Feb 23, 2019, helder wrote:
It's coming. I'm thinking about produce a regular coin, hand it to them, then switch and do the routine. Any idea for a practical switch? [/quote]

Yes that’s what I do! I use my Secret Servante holdout to house both the regular coin and the JJ coin, and use it to produce and ditch both. Any switch will do such as a shuttle pass. [/quote]

Looks a good solution to me. We can approach them with nothing in the hands, classic palm the ungimmicked coin, produce it, talk about it and give the coin to them, bring the other concealed, shuttle pass, et voilá.
They arrived.
WOW.
Great coins.
Love them.

Time for some practice.

Helder
Already practicing something with them: https://youtu.be/27MlRtavmTY
I see your "practicing" is going very well...That was pretty good. :D

As you can see, the coins are of expert quality and allow you great flexibility as to these sorts of routines. ;)

You're already doing well with them, just wait to you have a week under your belt. :D

It really is a great coin effect, all you need to have on you to do some amazing & fun coin magic. :) *And it's a great coin trick for a card guy too, when he wants to give a respite from all the card tricks and show that he can as easily go another way in being (or at least seeming like) he's a more complete closeup man as well. Believe me, your specs will appreciate it BIGTIME! :D

And as helder shows right above here, there's nothing hard to it, just a bit of practice and you're flying with quality coins and any one of a variety wonderful routines, John Jurney's, Greg Wilson's, or even that nice Vegas Dream Coins set that allowed you to simply use 2 regular Morgans with it for a cute opening 3 Fly part of the effect. ;)
Absolutely Mb217.

Will practice one week more and start performing it at the restaurant.

:)
Nice work buddy. I see you’re using a little secret something too! Enjoy
Another idea of mine with "JJ's NEW" Coin Coalition " with a bit of extra (available by John Jurney).

At the end of the routine you are clean, you can give the coins to examine.
Here are two videos of mine, two same routine but different handling, a bit.

"Japanese-Eisnhower Transposition":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOP3lSY7U4

"Eisenhower-Japanese Transposition":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGOdLc9GaO8

Darko
[quote]On Mar 29, 2019, dj wrote:
Another idea of mine with "JJ's NEW" Coin Coalition " with a bit of extra (available by John Jurney).

At the end of the routine you are clean, you can give the coins to examine.
Here are two videos of mine, two same routine but different handling, a bit.

"Japanese-Eisnhower Transposition":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOP3lSY7U4

"Eisenhower-Japanese Transposition":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGOdLc9GaO8

Darko [/quote]

Very good stuff. I’m still looking for my favorite way to get in and out.
Man that is good, looks like real magic with just 2 coins. :D Very smooth and while I like the first one a bit better, they both are exceptional presentations. This is yet another wonderful idea with John's magical coins...The Jurney, errrrrr.... journey continues. ;)

Good job!
Thanks Marion.

Darko
Helder, I don't know if this expression is familiar outside of the U.K and Australia but you definitely have the gift of the gab. Very smooth and great pacing, just like your chop cup routine.

Darko, I don't know what that bit of extra is but that just looked impossible...great idea of yours!

Thanks again Mb for bringing this set to everyone's notice! I recently posted something in the Little Darlings section but thought I'd share it here too just in case it could be of interest to anyone that has the set. A few years back Dick Oslund brought attention to a great routine using the multiplying balls called The Uncountable Golf Balls. It was created by Clayton Rawson and published in the 1949 issue of Hugard’s Magic Monthly. You can see the routine described here:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=20

Here's my take on it using a different script and with a different handling with coins instead - using the Coin Coalition set:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kok_iYUBE
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, Kanawati wrote:
Helder, I don't know if this expression is familiar outside of the U.K and Australia but you definitely have the gift of the gab. Very smooth and great pacing, just like your chop cup routine.

Darko, I don't know what that bit of extra is but that just looked impossible...great idea of yours!

Thanks again Mb for bringing this set to everyone's notice! I recently posted something in the Little Darlings section but thought I'd share it here too just in case it could be of interest to anyone that has the set. A few years back Dick Oslund brought attention to a great routine using the multiplying balls called The Uncountable Golf Balls. It was created by Clayton Rawson and published in the 1949 issue of Hugard’s Magic Monthly. You can see the routine described here:

Here's my take on it using a different script and with a different handling with coins instead - using the Coin Coalition set:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kok_iYUBE [/quote]

:applause: :applause:

...Thanks again Mb for bringing this set to everyone's notice!...

Yes, just wonderful work, Kanawati! :D

*And dj, if the late great, Steve Dusheck could see this, he would love it! :)
Helder, I don't know if this expression is familiar outside of the U.K and Australia but you definitely have the gift of the gab. Very smooth and great pacing, just like your chop cup routine. [/quote]

Kanawati, I have no idea what " gift of the gab" means but thanks for your words. Will take a look at your video latter, I'm still looking for alternative ways to get in and out of the routine.
Ha - what an enjoyable routine! Thanks for posting. I'm still chuckling.
James
[quote]On Apr 3, 2019, Dollarbill wrote:

:applause: :applause: [/quote]
Nice job - thanks for posting the link! Magical routine and happy, likable presence. I like the idea of using Coalition Coins as just a G.W. split focus type manipulation routine. I think I'll start off like that and then move into a routine transforming them into the 1 yen. After a couple days deciding on whether to get these or the Transformer system I ordered these tonight. Your video Helder, along with Darko's and Claude's helped me decide. Always grateful to everyone for making the Café so helpful!
James

[quote]On Mar 10, 2019, helder wrote:
Already practicing something with them: https://youtu.be/27MlRtavmTY [/quote]
Anyone have thoughts on the Ike version vs. The replica Morgan's?
I believe there's more color contrast on the Ike version vs. the replicas or real silver versions. For me, that puts the Ikes ahead.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2018, warren wrote:
Hi Mb I've been getting great reactions with this set although I have added a little kicker finish ;) in fact when I work tables it's now my opener and has replaced Extreme Burn that's how strong I think it is [/quote]

Warren, are you sharing your "kicker" or have a video of your version? Also, your mailbox is full so noone can PM you.
Is John no longer including the teflon tape disks?
I've purchased a few from John and have never received any Teflon disks.

Jim
BTW, We DO use the term "gift of gab" here in the US. I love the etymology of words. I can't say for sure, but my anecdotal evidence suggests that it would be more prevalent among us older types and perhaps people from the cities who would have been exposed to more diverse culture such as the northeast. (Ex:New York) There is a great study and web site that maps the word for "soft drink" as used across the US. "Soda", "pop", etc. It would be great if there was a resource to do that for all words and expressions. The expression was in common use my circle from at least since my birth in the late '50s