(Close Window)
Topic: How does silver hold up for cups and balls?
Hello,

Most of my cups are copper and I do love copper, but how does silver hold up? Does it scratch easily? Will silver cups hold up to 30 years of use and still look good? Outside of the expense, what are the disadvantages of silver cups?

Much Thanks,
Bob
Message: Posted by: BryanPatrickAvery (Jan 10, 2017 09:53PM)
I've never owned silver cups. I've used copper and brass. I recently saw a video of Dai Vernon talking about his silver cups. It's on the Worlds Greatest Magic - Cups and Balls DVD. He said that he traded his engraved silver cups for a new set with the same engraving because they had become scratched and dented as a result of hitting them with his wand all the time. That may not be an issue with all silver but I'd imagine they'd be a bit more fragile.
Bob,

I have a set of silver cups. I've performed and practiced my routine well over a thousand times.

The cups are fine.
They hold up great. I have a set of silver cups I have used since 1995 and not a problem.
Mobius,

Those wouldn't happen to be a numbered set, would they?

Jim
#7 and yes from RNT....I really enjoy that set.
I just purchase a set of RNT 2 silver/gold plate that were made 12 years ago. He said he performed regularly with the cups and they look as good as the day he
ordered them from me..