(Close Window)
Topic: Here's A Freebie For You - "Amazing Magic That You Can Do" Artwork
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Feb 25, 2017 04:38PM)
Here's the FREE artwork I'm giving to anyone who wants it. This is a full size 3' x 6' print-ready banner (in pdf format). Just find a place to print it for you and upload it - then you're good to go. (email me at jasonlbb(at)gmail.com for the pdf file)

I highly recommend halfpricebanners.com - Here's what it looks like printed http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/ninjapicker007/media/Banners/magic-banner_zpsgxrh6aiy.jpg.html

If anyone needs any custom design work, I'm available for a modest fee.

Enjoy,

Jason
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Feb 27, 2017 12:43PM)
Those of you who end up using this banner, how about posting a pic of your pitch joint. Share the fun!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Feb 28, 2017 09:15AM)
Hey Jason, thanks for sharing that banner design with us...!

I'll PM you my email so I can get a copy... would love to have it....!

That's some amazing looking flash!

I think everyone here should take advantage of your offer...
Thanks again!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Feb 28, 2017 10:16AM)
Just sent you an email and a pm...
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Feb 28, 2017 10:59AM)
No problem Frosty. I'm interested to see how well it does for you.
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Feb 28, 2017 02:18PM)
Got it and it Looks amazing...!

I sure will report back on it... this flash should really help attract in a good size tip...!

Later once I get a chance, I'll share a website of where to print banners and more at a very affordable price..

Thanks Jason!
Message: Posted by: Phil Ainsworth (Feb 28, 2017 04:21PM)
Gratefully received mine too! I'll post a picture of it on my joint as soon as I can!

Incidentally, www.print24.com are the cheapest printers I've ever found. They do all sorts - biz cards, flyers, posters as well as banners. Loads of promotional things like mugs and stickers too. They're based in Germany so shipping may be an issue for some parts of the world, but they are so cheap it should work out a good deal even for people in the US. They only issue trade-off for the cheap price is they have longer lead-times, but as long as you don't need next day delivery, it'll save you a fair bit 👍
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Feb 28, 2017 07:34PM)
Hey Phil, thanks for the link! I'll check it out....!
Message: Posted by: itsmagic (Mar 22, 2017 12:55AM)
Hi Jason, email sent for the banner. Thank you.
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Mar 25, 2017 05:58PM)
** UPDATE 3/25/2017 **

Hey everyone, I've decide to throw in an upgrade here. All I ask is that you share a pic of your booth or banner once you have the final product! :-) - Anyway, you can now direct download all (3) of the following print ready banners (it's 1 zip file).

Here's the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/57lfa6h7prabk8e/Magic%20Banners%20-%202017.zip?dl=0

(1) 3' x 6' banner artwork
(1) 4' x 8' banner artwork
(1) 1' x 9' banner artwork - this one adds the flash along the top front of your 10x10 pop up canopy if you have one.

Enjoy!

- Jason
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Mar 25, 2017 06:37PM)
By the way....here's a sample of what YOUR booth could look like!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153302389@N03/33649311415/in/shares-X1f5pA/
Message: Posted by: itsmagic (Mar 25, 2017 11:03PM)
Absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing Jason!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Mar 28, 2017 02:10PM)
I agree... it Looks amazing!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Mar 28, 2017 03:14PM)
Itsmagic, Sent you a pm....
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Apr 18, 2017 02:25PM)
Whaaaat? Come on folks! I know some of you have got your banner printed. Show some love! Let's see your set-up!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Apr 21, 2017 10:11AM)
Still haven't printed mine...

I have about 3 other banners as back up!

Once I do print it I'll post it here
In the meanwhile I'll post a pick of my current joint setup when I get time, but it's gonna change once I build a table top riser....

I've just been too busy and can't find time to finish it!
Message: Posted by: LeoH (Feb 17, 2018 02:11PM)
I just had Jason's 4ftx8ft banner printed, and it is gorgeous! Thanks, Jason!
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Aug 3, 2018 10:42PM)
Jason, I just saw this. Many thanks for your generosity. What a gorgeous design!!
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Aug 4, 2018 11:27AM)
@jlibby - you're quite welcome. Enjoy!
Message: Posted by: Phil Ainsworth (Jan 25, 2019 07:13PM)
So, itís taken me far too long to do this, but I finally took some pictures of my lovely banners!

Thanks to JasonK for sharing his design. I really think itís the new Ďstandardí for pitching magic.. absolutely beautiful looking!

Let me know what you think. Personally, I think it would look even better with some lighting shining on the table and some on the outside banner too. Typical British winter at the moment so itís really overcast... which makes the inside look a bit dark, dingy and unwelcoming.

Can anyone recommend a type of light, and the recommended wattage etc? Also, Iím working with IT for the worms and floating card as part of the bally, so my understanding is I should light from the sides, not above. Is that correct?

Oh does anyone know a better way of attaching the banner across the top and the banner in front of the table other than those big clamps? They just look a bit untidy, but I canít work out how Iíd attach bungees to that?

Also flags and bunting will help, theyíre next on the list!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146639601@N08/shares/vA4185
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Jan 28, 2019 09:12PM)
Yo Phil.. LOVE your joint.. Looks amazing! Thanks to JasonK for sharing them banners!
Message: Posted by: Phil Ainsworth (Jan 29, 2019 05:28AM)
Thanks Frosty, that means a lot to me as yours looks great too. You gave me the idea of a stretch cover over the table, so thank you!

I think more bunting and flags will help, and some lights too..
Message: Posted by: Phil Ainsworth (Jan 30, 2019 04:09PM)
Was at another street market today where the organiser was very keen for me to NOT put up a third wall on my E-Z up. In fairness, he probably had a good idea as I was at the top of a steep hill and it made sense to let people see the pitch as they walked up. Anyway, took some new photos so you can see what it looks like as a 2-wall, L-shape set up.

https://flic.kr/ps/3ezErY
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Apr 6, 2019 03:03PM)
[quote]On Apr 18, 2017, JasonK wrote:
Whaaaat? Come on folks! I know some of you have got your banner printed. Show some love! Let's see your set-up! [/quote]

I've started off by having the 3x6 banner printed to act as a skirt for my table. It'll get me started for pitching at a flea market. I'll post a photo of the pitch stand soon. Thanks again!!
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Apr 6, 2019 03:04PM)
[quote]On Jan 30, 2019, Phil Ainsworth wrote:
Was at another street market today where the organiser was very keen for me to NOT put up a third wall on my E-Z up. In fairness, he probably had a good idea as I was at the top of a steep hill and it made sense to let people see the pitch as they walked up. Anyway, took some new photos so you can see what it looks like as a 2-wall, L-shape set up.

https://flic.kr/ps/3ezErY [/quote]

It looks great, Phil!!
Message: Posted by: Wx4usa (Apr 6, 2019 03:05PM)
[quote]On Apr 6, 2019, jlibby wrote:
[quote]On Apr 18, 2017, JasonK wrote:
Whaaaat? Come on folks! I know some of you have got your banner printed. Show some love! Let's see your set-up! [/quote]

I've started off by having the 3x6 banner printed to act as a skirt for my table. It'll get me started for pitching at a flea market. I'll post a photo of the pitch stand soon. Thanks again!! [/quote]

Please do Joe. Cant wait to see.
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Apr 10, 2019 11:55PM)
[quote]On Apr 6, 2019, jlibby wrote:
I've started off by having the 3x6 banner printed to act as a skirt for my table. It'll get me started for pitching at a flea market. I'll post a photo of the pitch stand soon. Thanks again!! [/quote]

Hello Joe Libby, seems your gonna be working around my hood.. Were bound to bump into each other at some point..LOL!

It's all good.. If there's anything I can help with just let me know..
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Apr 23, 2019 08:34PM)
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, Frosty wrote:
[quote]On Apr 6, 2019, jlibby wrote:
I've started off by having the 3x6 banner printed to act as a skirt for my table. It'll get me started for pitching at a flea market. I'll post a photo of the pitch stand soon. Thanks again!! [/quote]

Hello Joe Libby, seems your gonna be working around my hood.. Were bound to bump into each other at some point..LOL!

It's all good.. If there's anything I can help with just let me know.. [/quote]

Thanks, Frosty! I'll keep an eye out for you.
Message: Posted by: jlibby (May 18, 2019 04:35PM)
OK, finally!

Here is my first attempt. Not very good, but it got done so I could pitch at a flea market:
https://flic.kr/p/TJF2GC

Ah! This version is much better! I'd like to thank my good friends velcro and bungie cords for their assistance in hanging the signs:
https://flic.kr/p/TJF2F5
Message: Posted by: Frosty (May 20, 2019 10:57PM)
Love it..!
Message: Posted by: Phil Ainsworth (May 23, 2019 01:53PM)
Good work, Joe. How's the pitching going?
Message: Posted by: Frosty (May 24, 2019 01:16PM)
I think there is no right or wrong way of pitching.. it's what works for you, but my only recommendation is to get a bigger table for 2 reasons. The first being that your table banner will be more visible and the second reason is that it'll help build a bigger tip.. there's other reasons but I'll leave it at that for now.. best to you Joe and GO GET 'EM..!
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Jun 2, 2019 12:26PM)
[quote]On May 24, 2019, Frosty wrote:
I think there is no right or wrong way of pitching.. it's what works for you, but my only recommendation is to get a bigger table for 2 reasons. The first being that your table banner will be more visible and the second reason is that it'll help build a bigger tip.. there's other reasons but I'll leave it at that for now.. best to you Joe and GO GET 'EM..! [/quote]

Thanks! I did get a bigger table; it does help. I just happened to have that smaller one handy, so I used it at a flea market to get started.
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Jun 2, 2019 12:33PM)
[quote]On May 23, 2019, Phil Ainsworth wrote:
Good work, Joe. How's the pitching going? [/quote]

I've just done it a couple of times so far. I used the canopy at the Barbacoa and Big Red Festival a couple of weeks ago. It was OK, and I made a little money. I don't think the event was well organized, so I don't think it was just me! I'll only add that there were a LOT of complaints on Facebook about problems at the event.

But, live and learn! Thank heavens for the canopy. It was really hot out there.
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Jun 10, 2019 11:02AM)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2019, jlibby wrote:

I've just done it a couple of times so far. I used the canopy at the Barbacoa and Big Red Festival a couple of weeks ago. It was OK, and I made a little money. I don't think the event was well organized, so I don't think it was just me! I'll only add that there were a LOT of complaints on Facebook about problems at the event.

But, live and learn! Thank heavens for the canopy. It was really hot out there. [/quote]

WAY TO GO Joe..! It only gets better from here on..

I see it this way, when I try something new, I'm not worried on making a profit at first.. it's more about getting your feet wet and getting experienced! But of course you wanna make money as you progress. It gets better the more you do it though. But there are some larry festivals which are not worth working. The only way I know to know is by trial and error..

And yes, it has been hot this past 2 weekends! I heard many were leaving the Big Red festival early was cuz it was too hot!

Best of luck on your next one!
Message: Posted by: Frosty (Jun 10, 2019 11:18AM)
Oh by the way.. forgot to mention I worked the Folklife Festival in downtown SA this weekend.. and as I was pitching, got to meet a friend of yours by the name of Diane! She was a really nice lady and asked me if I knew Joe Libby.. so I told her we spoke online but never met in person.. she said she would let you know we met! She was my next door neighboring vendor at that event...

And Yep! It was too hot this weekend.. almost 100 degrees! Geeesh..!
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Jun 16, 2019 09:04AM)
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Frosty wrote:
[quote]On Jun 2, 2019, jlibby wrote:

I've just done it a couple of times so far. I used the canopy at the Barbacoa and Big Red Festival a couple of weeks ago. It was OK, and I made a little money. I don't think the event was well organized, so I don't think it was just me! I'll only add that there were a LOT of complaints on Facebook about problems at the event.

But, live and learn! Thank heavens for the canopy. It was really hot out there. [/quote]

WAY TO GO Joe..! It only gets better from here on..

I see it this way, when I try something new, I'm not worried on making a profit at first.. it's more about getting your feet wet and getting experienced! But of course you wanna make money as you progress. It gets better the more you do it though. But there are some larry festivals which are not worth working. The only way I know to know is by trial and error..

And yes, it has been hot this past 2 weekends! I heard many were leaving the Big Red festival early was cuz it was too hot!

Best of luck on your next one! [/quote]

Thanks, Frosty!!

From what I hear, the heat wasn't the only reason people were leaving the Barbacoa and Big Red Festival! I think it was overscheduled and poorly planned. But hey, what are ya gonna do!
At least the vendor fee was low enough that I didn't lose money!
Message: Posted by: jlibby (Jun 16, 2019 09:05AM)
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Frosty wrote:
Oh by the way.. forgot to mention I worked the Folklife Festival in downtown SA this weekend.. and as I was pitching, got to meet a friend of yours by the name of Diane! She was a really nice lady and asked me if I knew Joe Libby.. so I told her we spoke online but never met in person.. she said she would let you know we met! She was my next door neighboring vendor at that event...

And Yep! It was too hot this weekend.. almost 100 degrees! Geeesh..! [/quote]

I hope that was successful for you!

I think I know which Diane you are talking about. I'm sure I'll see her soon.
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Nov 18, 2019 10:50AM)
Phil and jlibby --- setup looks great guys! Thanks for posting!
Message: Posted by: JasonK (Jan 2, 2020 06:52PM)
** Update: 1/2/2020- Here's a link to the banners in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/57lfa6h7prabk8e/Magic%20Banners%20-%202017.zip?dl=0
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Jan 3, 2020 02:57AM)
[quote]On Jan 2, 2020, JasonK wrote:
** Update: 1/2/2020- Here's a link to the banners in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/57lfa6h7prabk8e/Magic%20Banners%20-%202017.zip?dl=0 [/quote]


Thanks Jason!