(Close Window)
Topic: Archangel Review Request
I saw some members have purchased this and noticed a few indicated they would post a review once having some time with it. Curious if anyone has found the time to learn and perform it. Would like to know your thoughts on it.

Thanks
Cheers
I would have liked to have recieved a instructional video with mine. Written instructions for me are always greatly accented if I can see someone else perform it just to get a feel for it.
Hello , Ellisd I am waiting for mine to arrive on monday . Are the directions difficult to understand ? sur sounds like a great trick !!
Hello tophatter,
Not to worry. the instuctions are real easy to understand. I'm sure you will find this effect to be one your best carry at all times trick!
Gerard
Actually here it is:
Alright so I got a chance to mess around with this for about an hour this afternoon, after getting a bunch of scrap keys, and it is awesome. I went through the routine a couple times but I still need some practice before I show anyone, mainly because I want to do the vanish that is in the clip. However like it says this is a simple trick and you should catch on rather quickly. It is also wonderful for walkaround work, it requires minimal set-up if any. You just have to carry a bunch of scrap keys to give them away as souviners. Also this is a great substitute for ring to keychain, if your afraid to use rings because you might lose them or damage them, because you have a key that is signed and bent which vanishes from your hand and travels to your keychain. At which time you hand it to the audience and have them remove the key. Overall this trick has got it all, simplicity, instant reset, 3 phases, and kickass visual magic. 10/10
Paul
I second Magicman862's great review! Buy it, you'll love it!
Gerard
Where is this found at?
Shane079,

Didn't you notice the banner ad at the top of this topic 'tricks & effects'. If you click on it you will travel thru a worm hole to the destination. Enjoy the ride.
Hi Shane079,
You will find "Archangel" at: http://www.theenchantment.com
Gerard
Hey guys thanks for the Information I beleive Archangel is made by the same company as Dreamweaver so it must be good !!!!
Thanks.
Yes tophatter both archangel and dreamweaver are from the enchantment and both can be bought at http://www.hocus-pocus.com or http://www.theenchantment.com

paul
[quote]
On 2004-03-23 02:58, Longhorn wrote:
Got mine today. I didn't had a chance to work on this yet, but I know I'll be using this. It is very clever and commercial. The difficulty level is that of a beginner. It'll take some time to get the whole routine down to second nature with patter and all though. I think those who understand the potential of this routine will appreciate its value. I'll follow up after I put some time into it.
[/quote]
After putting some time into this routine and testing it out, I have found that this is one of my new favorites. I spent several hours going over the routine and have carried it with me since I got it. I really didn't plan on actually doing it for an audience until I had it down to second nature. But, when out to eat with my sister and her fiance, she put me on the spot and asked me to show him "a trick". I checked my pockets for anything I could show him and the only thing I had ready to go without prep. was Archangel. I was only going to perform the first phase because it is really easy. His reaction was along the lines of "Hey that was pretty good, how'd you do that". My sister has seen enough magic growing up that it didn't phase her much.
But, since I had already started the routine I figured what the heck and did the next phase, and then the third phase. By the end of the routine he was blown away. He couldn't get over it and kept talking about it the rest of the night and had no explanation for how it could have happened. At one point he said "I had no idea you were that good".
The real kicker was that my sister told me it was one of the best she has ever seen me do. And that it really got her. In my book that is enough proof to know its a real keeper.
I am sure once I put a little more time into this I'll be able to perform it so much better than I did that night. Just need to work on my patter.

That has been my experience so far with Archangel. Its hard to beat something this strong that you'll always have on you. I think if you give it a try you will love it. It really is a complete performance.
Thanks for the great review. This sure sounds like a winner.
Thanks for that,

The thing that really baffles me is the complete vanish.....do you need a jacket for this part?

Thanks,
I'm having trouble getting scrap keys here in Dublin. Anyone else having this problem?
What does Scrap Keys actually mean? Are they unused keys? Or else keys with no teeth?
There keys with teeth, but are not used for anything you can get them at the keysmith for very cheap or even free
Paul
Is it because they are not good?
No, Niva, it means the keys are "scrap" in that they were cut incorrectly and won't open the lock they were intended to. They are perfect for this type of a routine where a non-borrowed key is bent and can usually be had quite cheaply.

Bryn
[quote]
On 2004-04-08 19:12, lewis wrote:
Thanks for that,

The thing that really baffles me is the complete vanish.....do you need a jacket for this part?

Thanks,
[/quote]

No. No jacket or sleeves are needed. That is one of the things that really makes this a great anytime anywhere item.
Wow - I'm really baffled now!

Will have to buy this one soon.

Lewis.
Thanks mindhunter. That is what I meant by not good. Not good for opening the lock they were intended to open. Thanks again.
No problem, Niva.
I got a chance to look a the booklet and I'll agree that it is a well thought out routine that should play well if given the proper rehersal, as reccomended.

Bryn
I like it alot, very sneaky bit of magic. The vanishing angles are a bit tricky.
I bought it at an auction, and I opened it, and was dissapointed. I was expecting it to come with something. I read the instructins, and loved it. I've had it for a while, but need to get some scrap keys. It looks awesome, though I haven't tried it yet.
I could'nt find scrap keys etheir! Just have new keys cut alike...about 8 keys and your all set!! Don't allow not finding scrap keys, to stop you from performing this effect as soon as possible!...awesome and a wiiner!!! A carry at all times effect!!!

Gerard
Unfortunately lots of key cutters think of it as unethical to give away scrap keys, as in the wrong hands they can be used to impression locks open....

I trained as a locksmith and I'm not suggesting that any of you are dubious but that's what a lot of key cutters think.