(Close Window)
Topic: Docc - SHAME
I had every intention of NOT being intrigued, ...but I am SO intrigued!!!
https://youtu.be/aMwwcOp2e-I
Is this something Docc has put out or is going to put out. He's been off the grid for awhile
I assume he is going to put it out soon.
There haven't (that I've seen) been any announcements yet, but I am subscribed to his youtube channel and this was just posted.
Thanks seadog
Interesting.
Nice to hear a track from The Piper's at the gates of Dawn album...
I agree -- SHAME on Docc for putting out more stuff before he adds to the promised Seance stuff!
Shame.
Available now for 49 $ during 5 days (in theory).

http://ientertainer.net/store/docc-hilford/product/shame
Sounds interesting but think I will await review just in case I have lots of stuff in cupboard that also sounded very interesting
Looks like just a download.
If I had $49 I would get it!
I might end up getting at $99 dollars later on!
I'd really like to see some reviews. Right now I'm restraining myself from Docc's hypnosis and finding it difficult! :)
Ok, first a disclaimer. I am just a hobbyist and a nobody in magic/mentalism. The following are just my initial thoughts on Shame and I wouldn't consider it a review. But maybe it'll help some of you make a decision on whether or not to purchase this. I bought this a few weeks ago and was able to watch it only very recently. I haven't watched it fully yet. But I really like the idea behind this. It is simple and will take only about 10 mins to prepare the deck.

I like to describe some card effects where you divine/find the chosen card in terms of a signal to noise ratio (S/N). Signal = chosen card, Noise = rest of the deck. There are different ways to dig signal out of noise - mathematical procedure, mem deck, peek, gimmicked deck etc. Shame is a DIY gimmicked or prepared deck where the visual S/N can be very high and signal can be obtained very very quickly. You will know the chosen card almost instantly. I have a deck that can achieve a very high S/N and give me the signal instantly like Shame but it is heavily gimmicked and cannot be handed out. Shame deck can be handed out (if you are good at audience management) or shown in a spread cleanly. Overall, though very simple, I think it is a cool idea since it beautifully reduces noise to make S/N very high.

About the cost, I do think it could have been cheaper than the $49. The idea is worth a lot but maybe $30-$35 would have been fair. This was my first purchase from Docc and it seems like he keeps the cost high to maintain exclusivity. I think that is fine. I do recommend getting it while it is $49 if you are on the fence. I wouldn't pay $99 for this. I haven't watched all the routines yet. Maybe I'll change my mind about the cost being high once I watch the whole thing. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the review!
You're both welcome. It seems the price has gone up to $69.
Yes - unfortunately. I just looked into this last night and was thinking of purchasing it. But not at $69 US - that's like hundreds in Canadian :)

Ok, slight exaggeration, but still.
Very few reviews posted about this effect. The price is probably keeping it out of the hands of most people.
[quote]On Jun 23, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Very few reviews posted about this effect. The price is probably keeping it out of the hands of most people. [/quote]

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=642012&start=40
Looks like Shame is back for $39

Anymore info on it?
Docc has a flurry of emails these days offering hot deals just for you. He's now living in an RV and performing on the road. Must need gas money. Interesting that he's recycling old stuff for new pitches.
I'm not receiving these emails. Docc owes me money or product, and I wrote him a year ago asking about it. Again. Literally all he had to do to be square with me was link me to one product, which he said he'd do, multiple times. And he never has, any of the times he said he would.

Since then, I've not heard a word of reply. I guess I'm off his email list if he's selling again. I'm disappointed. I've defended him in the past, often.
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, The Hermit wrote:
He's now living in an RV and performing on the road. Must need gas money. Interesting that he's recycling old stuff for new pitches. [/quote]
Is he though? I desperately want to know the truth. What about his wife? Somebody ask Jon.
Recycling old stuff? :rotf: yeah that's new. (But really no disrespect there.)
[quote]On Jun 20, 2017, adiabaticman wrote:
You're both welcome. It seems the price has gone up to $69. [/quote]

I got it for $39.00, maybe being a recent purchaser over a month or two a few items (all great btw)!
Well worth it as I hope it will be kept among a smallish group of users, since it is so unique and it us more versatile than some other pre-prepared decks which cannot be handled as freely, easily, nor be "examined" ( in displays, spreads, or brief, easyn audience management.
:fyi:
[quote]On Feb 21, 2021, the Sponge wrote:
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, The Hermit wrote:
He's now living in an RV and performing on the road. Must need gas money. Interesting that he's recycling old stuff for new pitches. [/quote]
Is he though? I desperately want to know the truth. What about his wife? Somebody ask Jon.
Recycling old stuff? :rotf: yeah that's new. (But really no disrespect there.) [/quote]

That's the pitch anyway. He says he sold everything and reduced his life to just a few clothes and props that pack in a suitcase. He's on the road performing and doing readings. Next week he might have a sale because the RV crashed and he needs to get it fixed. Gotta give him credit, he weaves a story for every reason to repackage and promote.
Too expensive