(Close Window)
Topic: Background music
Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my 7yr old daughter. She has been preforming magic for a couple years now. She was selected to perform at a talent competition and we have a variety of things that she is preforming such as the SILk tray and crystal silk cylinder. They have asked for us to provide some background music. Im trying to find some suggestions. Can anyone help me out please? I don't want it to be a dark music but more of a happy upbeat or magical sounding..
Thanks for your help
Any Disney - ??? manhatten sound machine(?)
Frozen's Let it Go. (sung by Idina Menzel)

With a 7yo daughter, I'm sure you're more than familiar with it.

Or maybe Lion King - Hakuna Matata

Dave
If licensing rights aren't a concern, you could look at pop songs that make reference to magic:
[list][*] "Magical Mystery Tour," by the Beatles
[*] "A Kind of Magic," by Queen
[*] "Do You Believe in Magic," by the Lovin' Spoonful
[*] "You Can Do Magic," by America
[*] "Magic," by Olivia Newton John
[*] "Abracadabra," by the Steve Miller band
[*] "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic," by The Police
[/list]And so forth...

Of course you'd want to think through the lyrics to make sure the song you choose is a good fit for a 7-year-old girl.
You might want to search online a bit for "royalty free music." Doing that search led me to this site:

http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music

The artist has posted a number of downloadable music files with a wide range of moods. I'm sure there are plenty of other sites offering the same thing.
What Doug Trouten said. Have her practice to the sound track to make sure it "fits". I do the exact same routine but I do Silly Billy's routine called the "Stoplight". No music in my routine.