(Close Window)
Topic: Putting the "slick" back on aged cards
Hey all,

I have some aged cards that need to be delt out one at a time. They are so rough, that It's tricky for me to do, and even worse for a spec. Can't thumb off just one.

Do you know any tricks to make them slicker? Maybe this is a job for fanning powder? Never used it, would it leave powder in the hands of people who touched the cards?

Anyhow-- any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Schaff
It will depend on what type of cards they are. In general, try Mink Oil or clear boot polish, as I have found it works on most cards. You can find Mink Oil in the shoe section of stores like Bass Pro Shop, sporting goods stores, etc. Apply using a soft rag and wipe off the excess, then let it set overnight. It might darken the cards a bit depending on their composition, so as with all waxing or ageing techniques it's best to try it first on a sample card to be safe. It will also give them a cool musty scent.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot
Second the mink oil suggestion! Works on All the cards I've tried, not damaged any.
I suggest rubbing them with manure. It won't make them any slicker but people will stop smelling them. I hate it when people handle my old cards and want to smell them.
I used to use Car Wax for this purpose. Turtle Wax is still available in automotive supply stores, or on Amazon.
Weepinwil - I don't it's your CARDS that cause people to wrinkle their noses. Just sayin' :coolspot:
Wax? Really? My dad lied to me. He told me to use Fanning Powder and I spend the better half of the day sneezing.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2017, Mad Jake wrote:
Wax? Really? My dad lied to me. He told me to use Fanning Powder and I spend the better half of the day sneezing. [/quote]

Maybe your Dad was a joker and gave you sneezing powder instead of fanning powder.
Thanks for the great replies-- the mink oil worked perfectly.

I also noticed the manure does make for super easy double lifts and block push offs.