(Close Window)
Topic: Cardiographic-Lite by Martin Lewis
Http://magikraft.com/cardiographic-lite/

Ordered. I had the original version long ago and look forward to working with this one.
Is there a video demo of this version?

Thanks
Patrick
[quote]On Aug 27, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
Is there a video demo of this version?

Thanks
Patrick [/quote]

The video on the sales page shows it in action
That's odd, I don't see any video :(
[quote]On Aug 27, 2017, makulit974 wrote:
That's odd, I don't see any video :( [/quote]

There must be something wrong with your browser, it is halfway down the page on the right.

Here is the link to the video. https://vimeo.com/231159298
Thank you Tony, that's great. Must be the browser indeed.
I guess we will see what other LITE versions he will put out (?)

Now this (Cardiographic-Lite) will be cost effective for birthday parties and house parties
and you can do 3 or more events in one day because the re-set is easy.

You could even color in the Spades on the card rise and the refills, if you wanted to.

I don't have this in my hands yet, but this is what I see in Martin's Vimeo.
Is there a dealer in the U.K. That has this?
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 28, 2017 10:17AM)
Right now its only offered by Magikraft.com but in time may be available at dealers. I was able to drive over to Martins last night to pick mine up and I have to tell you THIS is really a great piece of magic and now it is sooooooo streamlined and easy to use. Reset is now a non-issue and in real time is actually 5 seconds or less. For me there is also a greater comfort level using this size drawing pad. The rise itself is easily done while holding the pad with one hand. I have a show tomorrow that's why I needed to pick this up last night. But after practicing with this version I'm looking forward to trying it out. I like that I don't have to draw anything...I'm far from an artist. To me the improvments Martin has made and the size of this makes it a must have for any fan of Cardiographic!

Good magic to all,

Eric
And like Martin's Birthday one you can get Cardio-Lite signed by the audience members attending the party.

Hint: Don't LEND them your pen/sharpies because you never get it back. Hahaa
I think this looks FANTASTIC, and it sounds like the reset has been vastly improved.

Although I never bought the original, I made up my own from the instructions on Mr Lewis' Making Magic videos. I used a different style sketch pad though, with a different binding. Made a few changes that allowed for more immediate reset, but sadly also eliminated the ability to draw the initial "prediction"/deck.

I liked a lot of the gags the initial drawing and "prediction" had built in, or allowed for, so I certainly missed that.
Looks like you loose a lot of the same with this new version, but gain the quicker reset.

Really like a lot of the other little touches and thought that went into this from the looks of it.
I've been closing many of my shows with the this for many years. It's an all-time favorite all around. I bought the VHS and learned how to make it myself (I use a small pad). The one thing I never liked was the time it took to reset/create for each performance. This looks like it solves that? Wow.

I too, enjoyed the gags with drawing from scratch, but it's hard not to love the reset, may have to go this route for sure. Wonderful.
I probably don't perform as often as most of you so the reset of the original has never been a big issue for me.
While I'd certainly prefer not having to do it, at the same time I'm not convinced I'd be willing to sacrifice the other parts of the routine that I really love and which serve as a wonderful build up to the ending.
Actually I stopped using this years ago mainly due to trying to limit myself to being able to carry everything on me, but no doubt the reset was a factor as well. But now that I've loosened up on my self-imposed "rules" (see my Instant Rubik's posts :)) I am considering bringing it back again.
It is certainly a stunner and so fun to perform.
Hello! I hope everyone is having a 'magical' summer so far. I've been away from magic for a while and I'm slowly getting back into it. This is one of the effects that I've always admired but unfortunately, never tried it. Well, now I'm ready to take the plunge. Now, I thought I saw a smaller version of this effect, something of a pad small enough to be held with just one hand. Am I right or am I just dreaming again? lol. Also, I noticed that this version is great for those with no drawing skills but what if you do have great drawing skills and would actually like to draw the images yourself? Is there a similar version that will allow you to draw? Many thanks!

Roberto
[quote]On Aug 28, 2017, mrmagik68 wrote:
Hello! I hope everyone is having a 'magical' summer so far. I've been away from magic for a while and I'm slowly getting back into it. This is one of the effects that I've always admired but unfortunately, never tried it. Well, now I'm ready to take the plunge. Now, I thought I saw a smaller version of this effect, something of a pad small enough to be held with just one hand. Am I right or am I just dreaming again? lol. Also, I noticed that this version is great for those with no drawing skills but what if you do have great drawing skills and would actually like to draw the images yourself? Is there a similar version that will allow you to draw? Many thanks!

Roberto [/quote]

Perhaps you're thinking of Sean Bogunia's smaller animated sketch pad, note pad surprise?
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 28, 2017 03:51PM)
You can hold this with one hand very easily. You can also add your own touches to this as well just remember to update your giveout sheets as well. In this version there is no NEED to draw however if you like that touch you are free to add what you like. Heck even an "accidental" sharpie spot or line can add to the uñique drawing. But with this version you have that option. Honestly its great!

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]On Aug 28, 2017, stempleton wrote:

Roberto [/quote]

Perhaps you're thinking of Sean Bogunia's smaller animated sketch pad, note pad surprise? [/quote]

Yes!! That's the one! I'll check to see if this is still available. Thanks a bunch!

Roberto
[quote]On Aug 28, 2017, The great Gumbini wrote:
You can hold this with one hand very easily. You can also add your own touches to this as well just remember to update your giveout sheets as well. In this version there is no NEED to draw however if you like that touch you are free to add what you like. Heck even an "accidental" sharpie spot or line can add to the uñique drawing. But with this version you have that option. Honestly its great!

Good magic to all,

Eric [/quote]

Gumbini,
Thanks for the great response!

Roberto
So, I just looked up Bogunia's trick and based on reviews, it doesn't seem practical for close-up work. Does anyone know if Cardiographic by Martin Lewis can be done up close? Thanks again!

Roberto
So, I just looked up Bogunia's trick and based on reviews, it doesn't seem practical for close-up work. Does anyone know if Cardiographic by Martin Lewis can be done up close? Thanks again!

Roberto [/quote]

I would say the closest I would do this is around 5 feet. It is an excellent item.
Could someone let me know if this comes with only one card reveal? Ie. Can you decide which card to reveal? Thanks!
Yes - Only one card
Ok, thanks for the feedback.
2nd Card choice is now available.
I like this a lot.
You now have a choice of 3 reveals to buy.
https://youtu.be/FiKf1_TPZB8
Packs small and plays big. I keep this in my "emergency case".
[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, charliemartin wrote:
Packs small and plays big. I keep this in my "emergency case". [/quote]

Can easily be part of any 'Commando' show. :)
I like it ! anyone know if the card that rises comes colored in red ? or I guess you can just color it in yourself. I wonder if it's the 7 of hearts the hearts will be red. I just don't care for the all black ink look.
[quote]On Feb 27, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I like it ! anyone know if the card that rises comes colored in red ? or I guess you can just color it in yourself. I wonder if it's the 7 of hearts the hearts will be red. I just don't care for the all black ink look. [/quote]

You can watch the video I posted above. The Red card is in Red ink.
Thanks ! Great review & it comes with the 30 refills correct ?
[quote]On Feb 29, 2020, tophatter wrote:
Thanks ! Great review & it comes with the 30 refills correct ? [/quote]

Yes, the initial package already has 30 refill sheets included.
WOW Great price !
Two and a half years since I started this thread and I am still enjoying performing it.
With the LITE version you don't draw at all & there Is no magician in trouble gag correct?
[quote]On Feb 29, 2020, tophatter wrote:
With the LITE version you don't draw at all & there Is no magician in trouble gag correct? [/quote]

Correct
I cannot say enough about this. It's practicality, portability and reset are more than enough reasons to sacrifice the great gags and bits of the original version. With this, you basically cut to the chase and do the darn magic!

I do not put this in my standard show though. I strictly use it as a back up effect if the client needs me to perform an extra 10 minutes or if I'm suddenly unable to perform one of my standard routines for whatever reason, I can swap this in. I play out more gags during the card selection prior to doing the effect. I have to say, having such a strong effect as this as a back up in my case has saved me quite a few times and the security I feel as a performer is priceless.

Worth every cent.

Stay safe,

Logan