(Close Window)
Topic: Rope for Livera's Rope, Nut and Knot routine.
Hi,

I am working on Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovanni Livera and I think I finally found the right kind of rope. It's 3/8" Nylon rope (from Ace Hardware) and exactly 36 inches. I was wondering if the core should be taken out or not. It seems a bit stiff and was wondering if it's supposed to feel like this to compensate for the weight of the nut. I've looked through the posts here and can't find any information on whether the core should be removed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aslan
A year or so ago, I wrote up some information on rope in the "knots and loops" forum.

The stiffness in nylon rope, depends on how it is 'laid'. I have Nylon rope that is extremely flexible, and some that is fairly stiff.

"magicians' rope is technically called "kernmantel" (German word). It has a woven sheath around a core of untwisted yarns. The yarns are easily stripped out. Then a half to 3 quarters of the sheath can be tucked in to keep the rope sheath from fraying.

I'm not familiar with Signor Livera's routine, so I can't comment.
Thanks, Dick.

I took the core out and it is much more fluid and I think I'm going to also make a Nightmare set with it too! I think this is going to be a worker for me!

Best,

Aslan
I just got the dvd secondhand, need a decent nut, doesn't say what size on dvd, I will recheck on the dvd, I may have missed the size, I have nylon rope already,
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Always looking for a new (to me) rope effect.
I have usd the soft rope I use for cut and restored. I had carried a piece for the original finale for Darryl’’s ambitious card routine. So it got double duty. I also have used a small diameter cot ton cord and some thicker cotton cord / ribbon from the fabric store. I think not too thick or stiff is the key.
[quote]On Oct 11, 2017, wally wrote:
I just got the dvd secondhand, need a decent nut, doesn't say what size on dvd, I will recheck on the dvd, I may have missed the size, I have nylon rope already, [/quote]
hi do you have the size of the nut thanks
The inside diameter of the nut is 1"in. (The outside diameter is 1.25 in.) He covers this on the DVD.