(Close Window)
Topic: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - coming June 4th!
Get ready for another [url=http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/main/homepage/intro.html]Harry Potter[/url] uproar! The third film in the series is coming out June 4th. ([url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter-azkaban/]See the teaser and the trailer here[/url])

These are great books, and they've done a wonderful job of keeping the movies true to the books.
My kids and I can't wait. That's my almost 5yr old sons favorite next to scooby doo.

Ellen
Scoobydoobydootwo??
The film looks great gonna have to see it, hope it's not too long the last one got a bit boring at times

best regards tom
I, too, thought the first one was a bit boring in parts. When you go back after seeing Chamber of Secrets the first time, though, you realize how much each scene really added to it. If you have the DVD, check out the extra scenes - they really add to the story. In some cases, I couldn't believe they took the scenes out.

Speaking of scenes, [url=http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0304141]here's some great photos[/url] and [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304141/]other information[/url] from Prisoner of Azkaban.
Great news, fellow Potter fans!

ABC is going to air "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" (the first movie) on May 9th, with some cool bonuses. First, it will have 20 minutes of additional footage in the movie, only about half of which can be found in the "deleted scenes" section of the DVD. Second, they will also be showing a special 10-minute look at the upcoming movie, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"!

[url=http://www.hive4media.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=6084]Click here for the news release[/url], and [url=http://www.mugglenet.com/pics/abcpreview.shtml]click here to see the ABC commercial[/url].

(Thanks to [url=http://www.mugglenet.com/]MuggleNet.com[/url] and [url=http://www.iharrypotter.net/]iharrypotter.net[/url] for the heads up!)
Just got booked to do my Wizard School Show at the opening night gala at a local theatre so I not only get to see the very first showing of the movie but get to see it for free!
Looking forward to it as well as I am anxious to see what the new director does with the story.
I am looking forward to this movie far more than any 31 year-old male should. But, frankly, I'm ready for book 6! Bring it on, JK!
YOU ALL are a bunch of HARRY POTTER NERDS!

Pewter cauldrons! bah
Mirror of "DESIRE" spelled backwords- oh yeah
the shrieking shack! AAAHHHH
Accio Firbolt! hrmpgh
meeting Cedric Diggory and his dad at the portkey before going to the Quidditch world cup! pllttt
Professor Flitwick leaving a small swamp as a memoral the Fred and George because he thought it was a good bit of Conjuring! mmm
And Vktor Krum! bah Victor Krum I don't care about his feint! my money is still on Ron and "Her-my-oh-knee" getting together by the end of the series, and Ginny-she's only Fourth Year and she's already had at least 2 boyfriends! Is she trying to give her brothers ulcers! Percy-whoa be to Percy he's got some groveling to do. And-And-And when Mcgonagall was hit with the four stuns to her chest at the same time and it said that she didn't move again-Ithought it meant forever! I only cried a little...

I hope Moody gets a job-I'm worried about him after he's now lost all his old school friends. (stupid Scabbers!)
Um-yeah I guess Harry Potter's ok-sorry about the explosion there I just can't wait for the next book but on the other hand I dread waiting for the seventh.
Has anyone else--apart from [b]Payne[/b]--been booked for a performance related to the release of the [i]Azkaban[/i] movie three Fridays out? Or do they only book magicians for the release of a new book?
I haven't seen much made of the fact that this is the first Harry Potter movie to employ an illusionist and magic coach. (Or do I have that wrong?)

Paul Kieve was hired to create some illusions--not all of which made it to the final cut--and to teach some tricks to the three principals--HARRY, HERMOINE, and RON. He was so successful in this that Daniel Radcliffe (HARRY) is now taking lessons from Kieve.

Kieve also got a brief moment on screen in the movie.
Hi, I have seen the movie it is great! I live in the UK it is already out over in the US it comes out on June 4th doesn't it? Well that's today I hope you all enjoy it, It is a brilliant film taken in totally different direction. It's darker as was the third book. I can't wait until the 6th book but I am really not looking foward to the end of the books. Book 7 I mean that will be it. It will all be over. It's kind of sad thinking about things ending and then becoming old I mean I hope when I have kids they don't pass it by saying it's OLD and "Nobody watches them anymore" I mean that will be a great shame. Anyway enjoy the film It ROCKS! the CG is fantastic

Luke
Great movie!!!
Quite a bit different in look and feel from the first two. This one has a real dreamlike, storybook feel to it.
They did leave out vast tracks of sub plot but kept the overall story intact. Those who have not read the books (both of you) may be confused as to exactly what is happening and why but for those in the know it is a marvelous feast.
It was a hoot going to the opening (which is a fund raiser for a local day care facility) and sitting in the movie theatre with a bunch of Potter Geeks in costume.
My Potter show always plays better to those in the know.
Anyone got any gossip about the next book? (Dates etc.)

By the way, I'm lucky enough to have a wife that reads the books to me in bed (with "voices"). Anyone else spoilt like me?
Beetroot, with all due respect, my friend... sometimes you give me the willies!
[quote]
On 2004-06-04 18:23, Beetroot wrote:
Anyone got any gossip about the next book? (Dates etc.)

By the way, I'm lucky enough to have a wife that reads the books to me in bed (with "voices"). Anyone else spoilt like me?
[/quote]

Last year my lovely wife read the book to me aloud (no charactor voices though) as we drove to the various Harry Potter Library and book release event shows I was doing last year.
A fun wat for both of us to read the book at the same time.
Groovy, Beet! I think it would be cute if my crush would do that for me...Especially because he can be VERY hammy sometimes.
[quote]
On 2004-06-04 18:52, Firedice27 wrote:
Beetroot, with all due respect, my friend... sometimes you give me the willies!
[/quote]

Aw shucks. You've made my day.
Beetroot--believe it or not, when the first came out (the book), my husband did the same!

Just saw the movie...it went so fast. The best part was snape in drag.

Ellen
Saw it Friday evening.
Was quite good, and more substantial than the earlier chapeters. Will probably want to see the next movies if made.

Yes, snape in drag. Take your worst fear and make it silly.
Beet,
My girlfriend and I read the fifth book to each other on our way back from Canada last summer. It was one the best parts of the trip and one of my favorite memories.
Ellen, Samuel,

Nice to know we're not alone - book 5's a bit of a slog to read out loud isn't it (but worth it). My wife does all the reading because I stumble my words too much.

If only Firedice was privvy to such pleasures :)
Just saw this last night and enjoyed the flick immensley.
Friends at work are telling me it is very good. I hope to see it this weekend.
Saw this film and thought the first two were better. I didn't like this new director, Alfrenso Cuaron or whatever his name is. I think Harry Potter need Chris Columbus back as director, IMO.
Saw it last night with my wife. We thought it was excellent and definitely better than the first two. Having said that, one of the reasons I think it was better is because of the book itself. The story is very strong and doesn't tail off quickly like The Chamber of Secrets does.

I thought the direction was superb (particularly because the scene with the Dementors and the Patronus at the lake was exactly as I had pictured it in my mind - camera angles and all).

Mistro - kind of surprised you feel that strongly about the new director. I thought he did a very good job of keeping a similar feel to the film whilst stepping towards the darker side - quite scary in places. Interested to know what you didn't like.

I liked the kid in front of me in the cinema who asked his Mum if she could buy him a Hippogryph.

:)

Cheers,

Beetroot
Message: Posted by: TheHungryMagician (Jun 13, 2004 04:18PM)
The old Dumbledore was better (never been good with names) and I perferred the book.
I liked the idea of having a more dark image to the movie. But I didn't like the fact that they cut out a lot of the book when they transfered it to film. I wouldn't have minded if it was longer, just as long as they got the whole plot in. I mean they didn't even mention them winning the Quidditch cup! Over all I liked the movie, it's good to see that the quality isn't steadily decreasing and it is able to maintain the image it should have.

I also liked that the kids in the movie got older, but did anyone else notice that Malfoy is a little weenie now? He gets beat up by everyone.
We saw it last weekend and had mixed feelings. Overall I liked the feel of the film but was dissappointed in the amount of material from the book that had to be cut. Another wierd thing was the layout of Hogwarts changed -- at least too much for me. Hagrid's hut and the Womping Willow tree are now downhill? Overall we enjoyed ourselves and our daughter had the time of her life which is what counts in the end.
For all us potter fans http://www.mugglenet.com is a great site its full of up to date news, facts, fun, and much more. The movie was great but a little too short. As to book 6 all she says is soon. I have a hunch it will be out next summer 2 years after Order of the Phoniex.
:coolest:
I have yet to see the new Potter film, I will soon as the first two were wonderful, but a quick note on the directors:

Chris Columbus, who directed the first two (and did a fantastic job), is a competent diector whose prior work consisted mostly of pedestrian family fare (Bicenntenial Man, Jingle All The Way, Nine Months). His replacement, Alfonso Cuaron, is a more ambitious and visionary director whose work includes the enchanting "A Little Princess," an interesting update of "Great Expectations," and the daring and absorbing exploration of morality, social class, and sexuality in Mexico entitled "Y Tu Mama Tambien" (if you see it, PLEASE be sure to see the unrated version). Neither of their track records speak definitely of who is more qualified to direct the Harry Potter films, but, as a lover of challenging and subversive cinema, I'd much rather see what Cuaron has to offer.

P.S.- Yes, after a too-long hiatus, I, Marko, have returned. Please, stop applauding ;)
[quote]
On 2004-06-13 17:18, TheHungryMagician wrote:
The old Dumbledore was better (never been good with names) and I perferred the book.
[/quote]

I agree with you but since the actor (Richard Harris) died they had no choice but to replace him.
Way too choppy! Hated Lupin and Dumbledor. But overall, it was pretty good.
I got the first copy of book number five from Borders right at 12:01. Won the costume contest. I dressed up as platform 9 3/4. I was a huge brick wall with half a person sticking out.
There's going to be some trouble trying to make books 4 and 5 into movies.
While I think they got all of the important stuff into the film, I agree that books 4 and 5 are a big problem to solve.