(Close Window)
Topic: Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius
Hi guys !

Henry, the creator of Rubik's Dream, has come up with something new which may be revolutionnary ! It's like RD on steroids but I let you with the teaser :

[youtube]ls89efk2g0Y[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/ls89efk2g0Y

I should have an early review copy to test it and review it so you will be the first to know my feedbacks :o I must say I have not been excited like that for a long time. Henry really pushes the boundary of Cube magic.
Canít wait this looks epic

K
Wow this looks great! I normally perform ungimmicked cube stuff, but depending on the price, I may have to pick this up!
This will definitely be added to my collection
Already formulated routines for this already
Thanks Alex DLF for the news ;)
How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

I don't know since I've never seen both products in real life but Henry told me he sorted things out with Axel so there is no problem about that :)
Hi Alex any ideas when this will be available to purchase ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik

Theyíre exactly the same. Whichever one is cheaper will be the seller.
Thatís what I thought Pegasus and my effect just a thought is completely different in method to 52/1 but nobs on here and elsewhere are trying to stop Mark Mason releasing it Tarik 🙂
Do you get paid by Mark either way?

If it's only on sales and he won't release it than for him to take your idea and not release it seems most poor form

I hope if that's the case he gives you back full rights to your effect
Pegasus: How can you know that RD360 and Easy Cube is exactly the same?
Even I cannot tell you in the moment, since I have not seen Henrys and Henry has not seen mine.
The concept seems to be the same but about the quality and the details nobody can tell in the moment.

I just filmed a routine, that you can do table hopping (instant reset) - itīs possible to do only if you have a pefect looking sh**l. like Easy Cube
I would even go as far as to say theyíre both made by the same manufacturer, theyíre that identical.
[quote]On Dec 17, 2017, Axel Hecklau wrote:

Pegasus: How can you know that RD360 and Easy Cube is exactly the same?

[b]Even I cannot tell you in the moment, since I have not seen Henrys and Henry has not seen mine.[/b]
[/quote]

If that be the case, then there was no need for this comment, and may I please quote:-

[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:

How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

I don't know since I've never seen both products in real life [b]but Henry told me he sorted things out with Axel so there is no problem about that[/b] :) [/quote]

Hence I assume that both parties are quite aware of each others offerings. Right?

:xmas:
Poor mans Rubik's Dream - With a little bit of tweaking.

Triple Cube Trick
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-Cube-Trick-Magic-cube-disappearing-magic-transfer-production-Illusions/111785284659?hash=item1a06ec1433:g:CjgAAOSwKIpWC6or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApu5Urfu0k

Anyone know the price on this?
Do you have to know how to solve a cube if it gets mixed up ? I have no knowledge of solving a cube so I am wondering If this cube will work best for me.
Thanks,
Jeffrey
It's better to know how to solve it but not necessary. But better. Learn to solve a cube before using gimmicks such as RD, RD360 or any other.
Okay thanks for your quick response ! I guess If I mix It up I will have a major problem .
It is good to know how but I would contend having a s***l cube is a great out in case the cube gets mixed that you can't solve it.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
Poor mans Rubik's Dream - With a little bit of tweaking.

Triple Cube Trick
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-Cube-Trick-Magic-cube-disappearing-magic-transfer-production-Illusions/111785284659?hash=item1a06ec1433:g:CjgAAOSwKIpWC6or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApu5Urfu0k

:xmas: [/quote]

As is sometimes said: "Wouldn't fool a chipmunk..."
Any dates when Rubikís Dream 360 is due??
Message: Posted by: JohnMichaelHinton (Dec 19, 2017 10:53PM)
*****HANDS ON REVIEW********

So Henry sent me an advanced copy of Rubik's 360 a while ago and I have loved playing with it! It has so many possibilities!

To be fair you will see my name listed in the bonus routines...but I did not receive any compensation from Henry for this project. After seeing what I came up with he asked me if I would be willing to add it into the bonus material. Also, I am a full time professional magician. Tricks for video only are super fun, but I work in front of real people every week. I need something that can be used show after show that looks as good as the "For Video Only" tricks, and will base my review on real world performances.

I think Rubiks 360 is so powerful and make rubiks cube magic available to all magicians !!

First thing I noticed when playing with Rubiks 360 is the same quality that came with the original Rubik's Dream! (and works with the same standard RD regular cube that Rubikís Dream does) It look so insanely real that I now have no problems pouring out the S***L into a spectator's hand or even letting the spectator pull it out of the bag themselves (as seen on the trailer). Honestly, the gimmick looks so real that when I see it next to normal cubes on my desk I don't know which is which until I pick them up!

My favorite thing about Rubiks 360 though is the locking system. It is such an ingenious idea that I don't know why it hasn't come out before!! When engaged you can throw everything in the air without any worries.

The 8 featured routines by Henry on the tutorial are a combination of classic rubiks cube ideas (that are now finally available to everyone...whether you are a finger-flicker-one-hand-solver or have no concept of how to solve a cube) and some new incredible new cube ideas (also available to both sets of people!) This new incredible system in my opinion has opened rubik's cube magic to the general hobby-ist as much as the "enchanted cube" did back in the 70s. I plan to teach and let my 7 year old perform with it very soon!

Like I said this new gimmick means that you DO NOT have to know how to solve a cube at all to perform it!! However, if you want to learn Henry suggests a great how that will teach you how to solve a cube.

The 3 bonus routines are amazing...BUT the best is the AKIRA SOLVE!!! It looks like how a super genius superhero on a movie would solve a rubik's cube...where everyone would claim they used CGI or something! Just as amazing as the Block Solve (that was featured on Rubik's Dream)...This is an incredible instant solve...if you are willing to put in the work! I have performed it now in over 20 shows and the only draw back I can see is that everyone believes that you are using a gimmicked cube. Easiest way to solve that is to simply hand them the cube. Granted when I performed this in my local magic club I had one member convinced for 20 mins that I had switched the cube or something. It is knuckle busting sleight of hand that is worth the hours of practice put in!

So whether you are a full time professional like myself who is willing to put in the hard core practice for the crazy finger flicking stuff....or if you are simply a hobby-ist who wants to mess with a couple friends' minds at your house...I can fully recommend Rubiks 360!
Sounds fantastic
Now all we need is a date and price for when we get our hands on this item
[quote]On Dec 20, 2017, montanna40 wrote:
Sounds fantastic
Now all we need is a date and price for when we get our hands on this item [/quote]

Agree with this totally bring it on , best wishes Tarik 🙂
Anyone know which routine is used in this video, does it use this trick or routine or is it something else? I remember seeing it before but forget the name but was looking for that routine for awhile now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3EaiY5u52o
@ JohnMichaelHinton: Welcome to the Cafť. Very good review. Rubik's Dream was fantastic. And now Rubik's Dream 360 sounds and looks very promising.

Eagerly awaiting its release.

Nevermind the poster told me it was two other routines by two other magicians. But I might look into getting this as well.
It all sounds great so far, very impressive.

My only complaint is that I wish they would save the pre-sale hype until they are ready to share an actual release date and price.
I can only surmise that they were forced to start spilling beans earlier than expected due to the release of (the supposedly very similar) Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau.

So it could possibly be a while before this actually hits the market, but my guess is that Henry and his team are now working overtime trying to get this out ASAP.
Every one is jumping on the Cube Magic Tricks. The price has went up that much you could buy yourself a second hand car here in the UK.

They rub their hands and screw the Magician not for the trick but the thousand of hours to perfect the handling. Close up magic is like buying stage illusions.
If the price and the time to receive either is not at all relevant an the mechanics are exactly the same which one would you buy without seeing either first ? Just wondered
Tarik 🙂
Hey Hey!!! Thought I wold chime in. Normally when I see cube magic routine that go for sale I say... .nice. that's cool. I might have a use for it during a TV show or web video. I watched this and said.... "***... That is going in my show right away". Though now I have to get all new custom cubes made for my show... .so it can match the gimmick! Probably going to cost me a grand. *** you Henry.
If one has to do all the tricks taught, I feel it would be better that instead of one s***l, two s***ls are provided. This will help avoid removing and replacing the stickers on the only s***l provided. I am sure the plastic s***ls aren't very expensive to manufacture. Just a suggestion.

Well there you have it "You Don't Need To Know How To Solve A Cube" Finally with this effect ! I only say this cause I have messed up cube tricks before & they are all in the draw ,
! So where do we purshase this ? & what Is the price tag ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
Been waiting for an answer to that question a while now lol
Just wish when they announce a new product at least have a date and price of when it will be released instead of this waiting game scenario
Especially when you want to purchase thisí
So true !
Releases tomorrow and the price will be less than $300 according to VI's facebook page
Less than $ 300? What's less than $ 300?
Then Axel Hecklau's Easy Cube is cheaper.
Guess we should know tomorrow.
VI actually says MUCH less than $300 so could end up being cheaper than Axelís.

Seems to be shaping up into quite a cube gaff battle. Be interesting to hear some reviews and comparisons.
If prices are comparable it will come down to features and quality.
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 22, 2017 08:16PM)
I wish I wouldíve waited a couple of months to buy this version instead..
I have never used a s***l but this does look good I wonder if the real thing will live up to the trailer?
[quote]On Dec 23, 2017, Luke Jonas wrote:
I have never used a s***l but this does look good I wonder if the real thing will live up to the trailer? [/quote]

If itís anything like his last project then the quality will be amazing.

I will be preordering it tonight
RD360 is like RD on steroids! So many applications. I have to give it my highest recommendation!
Just wondering cause I have no knowledge of solving a real cube . If this cube gets mixed up will you still have to at least make sure one side is solved ? which should be easy to do or does it matter if it's mixed completely.
Thanks,
Jeffrey
I bought Rubiks Dream a month ago.
A few weeks later and a superior upgrade is released, which has apparently been in development for years.

A bit annoying, as if I had known about 360 I would have held on for the better product.

I appreciate products get improved over time, but this was very quick.

I don't suppose there is a special deal for original RD owners or anyone wanting to upgrade?
Vanishing Inc are offering 10% off if you purchased RD through them. Jeffrey you need no solving skills whatsoever to perform this. RD still has its place and is easier to use the 360...It depends on what you want to do.
Yes I purchased through Vanishing Inc.

Just received their product launch emails.
It is indeed, as their email header states: A SURPRISE RELEASE
I think I will wait for some more in depth reviews
Rubik's Dream - Three Sixty Edition
Trick (pre-order - ships Jan 10) by Henry Harrius
https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magic/close-up-magic/rubiks-dream-three-sixty-edition/

Price: £134.50 / $180

Nice!
I tend to wait for reviews, BUT based on how rockin the regular RD has been, and the quality I am trusting 360 will be equal, and for the same price as the regular...can't beat that price... oh yeah you can if you own regular RD and apply the discount :)
Torn because I wish I could compare RD360 and Easy Cube in person. Based on info so far they seem very similar or possibly almost identical.

RD was great quality so I trust this is also. But Axel also puts out top quality items and he stresses that his cube can be used extremely close-up.

It appears Easy Cube is more expensive, especially with the RD discount. But I'd be willing to pay a premium if I felt it was worth it.
I guess we will know in time.

Is there a cut-off date for the RD discount?
I have received Easy Cube today and should be getting RD360 by the end of next week so I'll let you guys know :D
I believe itís 24 hours for the discount. Which is a very small window of opportunity for those that have the original to get this arguably better version

But thatís what I believe it to be from my interpretation
While I do appreciate the 10% discount, it is not enough to make me jump at this so quickly knowing that there is a similar competing product that has also just been released.
I have tremendous respect for both creators and dealers so I can't base it on that either. But I am certain I will be getting one or the other in the near future.
Just placed my order!
I also found this idea interesting and bought it. I used to solve the cube in about one minute, but I have never found a presentation that I really liked using the real skill. I do have a problem with cube magic of this reason. There are these guys that actually solve the cube in 10 sec. That is impressive. That is done openly, so I don't want to perform a total visual cube solving by throwing it up in the air. I think it ads more mystery, drama and wonder by placing it in the bag and bring it out again solved.

Really looking forward to this.
What Is the U.S. Price ? I only see the British emblem price on vanishing Inc ?
It is listed for $155 on
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/rubiks-dream-three-sixty-edition/
To Alex DLF I look forward very much to your reviews and comparisons of both . Merry Christmas to all Cafť members Tarik 🙂
Will the 360 version include a mini-s***l as the original RD did?
[quote]On Dec 25, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:
Will the 360 version include a mini-s***l as the original RD did? [/quote]

Nope, you'll get a regular RD cube, the 360 gimmick and 2 sets of stickers :)
[quote]On Dec 24, 2017, SLiZe wrote:

It is listed for $155 on
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/rubiks-dream-three-sixty-edition/ [/quote]

On checking out the above given site, the shell looks exactly similar (as seen in the photo) to Axel Hecklau's Easy Cube. The only difference I see (as per Ad) is that Rubik's Dream 360 has a locking shell. And if that be so, then Pegasus was spot-on when he said, and may I please quote:-

[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, pegasus wrote:

How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik

[b]Theyíre exactly the same. Whichever one is cheaper will be the seller.[/b]
[/quote]

[b]And[/b]

[quote]On Dec 17, 2017, pegasus wrote:

[b]I would even go as far as to say theyíre both made by the same manufacturer, theyíre that identical.[/b] [/quote]

Thus, IMO, the Rubik's Dream 360 with it's distinct advantage of a locking shell and being much cheaper will be the best seller.

I believe one or both items said it is a limited edition so future availability (or lack thereof) will obviously be a factor as well if that becomes an issue.

But all things being equal I think those in the US will definitely favor RD360 as it's not only cheaper but delivery will be much quicker.
My son just now purchased (pre-ordered) this for me. Nice Christmas present. :)

Having watched the RD360 explanation video but not received it yet and watched the Easy Cube explanation video and received it, I can tell they're not the same, they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock.

Please don't throw fake asumptions when you haven't seen at least one in real life or watched the instructional video.. Pointless and dangerous. "They're exactly the same", what a dumb statement when you're not aware of the projects ^^

Anyway, I won't say more before receiving RD360 which should be tomorrow or wednesday.
[quote]On Dec 25, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Having watched the RD360 explanation video but not received it yet and watched the Easy Cube explanation video and received it, I can tell they're not the same, they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock.

Please don't throw fake asumptions when you haven't seen at least one in real life or watched the instructional video.. Pointless and dangerous. "They're exactly the same", what a dumb statement when you're not aware of the projects ^^

Anyway, I won't say more before receiving RD360 which should be tomorrow or wednesday. [/quote]

Can we expect some early impressions from you? I'm wanting to get into cube magic, and while Rubik's Dream seemed pretty solid, 360 edition is obviously seeming like the more logical choice, and Easy Cube doesn't interest me. Just want to make sure 360 is boasting the same quality as the original (although I'm sure it will).

Anyway, I won't say more before receiving RD360 which should be tomorrow or wednesday. [/quote]

I ordered as well, but the Vanishing Inc web site says nothing will be shipped until January 10th. Where did you order from?
[quote]On Dec 25, 2017, santlerconjurer wrote:

I ordered as well, but the Vanishing Inc web site says nothing will be shipped until January 10th. Where did you order from? [/quote]

This is just a guess, but I imagine he is sent many products early for the sake of reviewing them :)

Having watched the RD360 explanation video but not received it yet and watched the Easy Cube explanation video and received it, [b]I can tell they're not the same, they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock.[/b]
[/quote]

@ Alex DLF: So in your opinion which you think and suggest is the better of the two - Axel's or Hennery's? Also without physically seeing the 360, you make a statement regarding the FINISH - [(between 360 & Easy Cube) by saying - - [b]they have significant differences such as the finish[/b] and the way the shell will lock].

BTW, One of my friend has Easy Cube and I had the opportunity to physically see and play with Easy Cube. Also I have watched the teaching video. No doubt the quality of the two piece shell is excellent. When my son asked me which one I would prefer, I told him Hennery's. The reason for my selecting the Rubik's Dream 360 was based on (assuming that the quality of both items are almost the same) two factors:-

1. The 360 presumably has an active locking shell (as per the Ad). Whereas Easy Cube Shell has pseudo locking method that needs to be prepared and made ready by the user.

2. The price. For just a few dollars extra, I can purchase Hennery's both editions i.e. 'Rubik's Dream' as well as 'Rubik's Dream 360'. Thus I have one of the finest and complete Shell Cube Magic ready on hand.

Since I haven't physically seen the 360, I do hope the quality lives up to the Ad copy and is comparable to the Easy Cube.

Please note: I have also had the opportunity to play with 'Rubik's Dream' and I found the quality excellent. I will soon be purchasing the 'Rubik's Dream' as well. With the two Editions by Hennery, one will have all the accessories ready to perform Cube Magic with a Shell.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. :xmastree:

P.S. Once I receive my 360, I will write a brief but honest review comparing the two.
Can someone explain some of the routines that come with Rubikís dream 360?
Daren the routines and ideas are excellent! Definitely stuff in their you'll not have thought about.
Hi Kev, could I do the first two phases of cube cards with this gimmicked shell on the cube and then hand out the cube get the spectator to mix up and then place into bag and show solved?
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, Daren wrote:
Hi Kev, could I do the first two phases of cube cards with this gimmicked shell on the cube and then hand out the cube get the spectator to mix up and then place into bag and show solved? [/quote]

Hey Daren, you could show the cube in a bag, take out the cube and do the first two phases of Cube Cards, get spectator to mix then place back in the bag for the solve.
Hi!
Does anyone know the size of the cube?
I use Rubicon in my shows and I was wondering if they can be combined. That is, Rubicon s***l and RD360 s***l would fit in the same cube?

Thanks!
Eduard
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, fenix_cu wrote:
Hi!
I use Rubicon in my shows and I was wondering if they can be combined. That is, Rubicon s***l and RD360 s***l would fit in the same cube?

Thanks!
Eduard [/quote]

Really don't think so, the cubes are 56mm
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Eduard [/quote]

Really don't think so, the cubes are 56mm [/quote]

I believe that I could use the same cubes interchangeably with the regular RD and Rubicon.
So are you saying the cube used in RD360 is a slightly different size?
Perhaps that is necessary with this new style gimmick.
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Eduard [/quote]

Really don't think so, the cubes are 56mm [/quote]

I believe that I could use the same cubes interchangeably with the regular RD and Rubicon.
So are you saying the cube used in RD360 is a slightly different size?
Perhaps that is necessary with this new style gimmick. [/quote]

I know this: the standard cubes used in RD and RD360 are definitely the same size because they're the exact same cube. Learned that from the 360 tutorial video today after I preordered :) I don't know anything about Rubicon, but hopefully this helps a bit.
I am about to treat myself to a Xmas gift I deserve It lol ! what are the stickers for ? does the effect already come ready to go ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
The cube gaff comes blank without stickers. This allows you the choice in how you wish to use it, either solved or "mixed". So it is a good thing IMO.
I have a ton of stickers that I prefer and which match my other cubes so I would replace them anyway so it makes no difference to me.
It is a fairly easy process to apply (or remove) the stickers, however, I wouldn't plan on reusing the stickers once removed.
Alex mentioned that you get 2 sets of stickers included but I haven't been able to confirm that yet although it really makes no difference to me as I wouldn't use the stickers included anyway.

Anxious to hear anyone's hands on comparison between this and Easy Cube. It appears that Alex will be one of the first to have both cube shells so I will be curious what his opinions are.
If there's one thing giving me anxiety, it's thinking about applying those stickers once this releases.
[quote]On Dec 26, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:
If there's one thing giving me anxiety, it's thinking about applying those stickers once this releases. [/quote]

It is not that difficult. The key is to use a toothpick or small tweezers to apply them, and a plastic razor blade helps in removing them quickly if necessary.

They do not have to be spot on perfect. In fact, some performers actually prefer to place them ever so slightly askew as it can create an optical illusion that the shell is twisted a very tiny bit which creates some "motion" to the static shell. Obviously this lends itself more to the standard RD than the 360 version.

At first I was being a a perfectionist when applying the stickers until I noticed the stickers on the factory supplied cubes are not perfect either but I had never noticed that. So goes to show you that no one will notice if they are off just a hair and it is easy to get them close enough.
Comparing the stickers made available by Rubik's Dream 360 and Easy Cube.

With easy Cube, the stickers can be quickly and easily applied in one go on the whole face (on all 9 pieces) of the cube in SOLVED condition - It's a DREAM. Whereas in Rubik's Dream 360 each sticker need to be painstakingly applied individually one piece at a time - It's a NIGHTMARE (as termed by the creator). However the same applies for Essay Cube if one needs to prepare a mixed cube.

Akira solve looks really good on demos....that one effect alone may make it worth it for the working pro... :blush:
I have purchased Rubik 360. And awaiting delivery
But have the download for Akira Solve. It is incredible. Currently perfecting that.
But that addition in my humble makes it a much more complete package. For that could be sold on its own. Itís that good
My routine for cubes has just gone up another level
This model 360 the small cube isn't included ,can you use any small cube to perform the cube shrink ? or do you need the special small cube (Not supplied)
Thanks,
Jeffrey
Yes any small cube you have will work.
[quote]On Dec 27, 2017, montanna40 wrote:
I have purchased Rubik 360. And awaiting delivery
But have the download for Akira Solve. It is incredible. Currently perfecting that.
But that addition in my humble makes it a much more complete package. For that could be sold on its own. Itís that good
My routine for cubes has just gone up another level [/quote]

This is so good to hear....nice to see you have something you can work on with cubes prior to delivery.
Not sure, but aren't there similar things to Akira solve previously released?
Seems like Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous (sp?) very similar and maybe one or two others as well?
Not claiming any of them are better than the other as I don't know. Just curious.
[quote]On Dec 27, 2017, videoman wrote:

Seems like Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous (sp?) very similar and maybe one or two others as well?
Not claiming any of them are better than the other as I don't know. Just curious. [/quote]

Yes, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' are two very identical instant cube solve effects. However on the video I find Akira's teaching much better.

The changes are very similar. Jack Carpenter goes into a lot of detail but as Ustaad mentions
the Akira Solve teaching seems easier to follow.
Thanks for your response Randyburtis .
[quote]On Dec 27, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]On Dec 27, 2017, videoman wrote:

Not claiming any of them are better than the other as I don't know. Just curious. [/quote]

Yes, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' are two very identical instant cube solve effects. However on the video I find Akira's teaching much better.

:xmas: [/quote]

Where can I see a demo video of Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous?
Https://www.artofmagic.com/products/rubikulous
The Akira solve is a different technique and different display so I wouldn't say they were identical. The Akira solve is done without a shake or toss etc and is a two handed solve which is also faster. Jack's Rubickulous solve uses Takamitsu's one hand technique but Jack has thought of a way to cut out one move and display before doing the solve which makes it fast, but you do need to hold with two hands for the display before you do the solve one handed. So in my mind totally different but both credit worthy.
Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOUeZfsCWQ

Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
Regular cube is used.
If you memorize the pattern you can do it. The only problem comes if a mistake happens. Then you need an out. Having Rubik dream in your "back pocket " can be used to salvage the routine if an error happens
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

Regular 'speed' cube yes. This is easy to do, but I do wish some of the explanations were done from a solved state as they can be a little difficult to follow/figure out which would be particularly irritating if you can't solve a cube as you will likely mess up when practising
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

Jeffrey, I see many posts from you asking if you need to be able to solve the cube for certain cube effects. The honest answer is YES, you do.
For almost any of the recent cube effects and routines, youíre just going to have to accept this fact.

But the good news is that itís not that difficult to do. You donít have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that donít let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time.
I use an app to fix the mixed up cube if I need up in practise I don't know how to solve it otherwise. I do 3 cube tricks in my show and it is fine I have Rubik dream in case in a show I mess up I have a winning out.
That's the first thing I did when I decided I wanted to get into cube magic. Marched myself to Walmart, bought a cube, and sat down for 5 hours straight learning how to solve it without any assistance. I can solve it in around 3 minutes now (around 5 minutes after those initial 5 hours), which isn't some impressive time by any means, but I can fix my mistakes if need-be. It's a good skill to have.

Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? [/quote]

Both, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' use a regular speed cube. No gimmicks are used.

[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, videoman wrote:
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

Jeffrey, I see many posts from you asking if you need to be able to solve the cube for certain cube effects. The honest answer is YES, you do.
For almost any of the recent cube effects and routines, youíre just going to have to accept this fact.

But the good news is that itís not that difficult to do. You donít have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. [b]Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it[/b]. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that donít let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time. [/quote]

Perfect and good advise.

I just got Cube 3 By Steven Brundage which has "Basic & advanced cube solving techniques" and can't wait to get into it as well as "Cube FX by Karl Hein & John George" for starters. Although I do still have knowledge of solving one as I learned them as a kid, but it has been a long while since I have messed with one. I still have a few old "magic ones" I think, "The Enchanted Cube by Daryl" and another one with Japanese instructions and English subtitled video I think. But starting back with cube magic these seem like the best places to start. "DVD 3 - This DVD teaches beginners how to legitimately solve the cube and gives experienced cubers tips on how to improve their speed and do blindfold solves." Then maybe get this one later one I study these two.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5985
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8117
I dug my original cube out after over 20 years and itís very easy to solve with just a little practice for a few hours . Itís worth learning or relearning to add to these great rubik cubed gimmicked effects imo Tarik 🙂
You can also just buy about 20 regular solved cubes and have them on standby. :lol:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2017, videoman wrote:
Thanks,
Jeffrey [/quote]

But the good news is that itís not that difficult to do. You donít have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that donít let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time. [/quote]

How I learned was through nice person on Cafť cueing me in on Dan Brown part 1 and 2 on You Tube. Has zillions of views. Learned it over the summer with notes from the videos...Just have to have patience and not give up. Then once you have it down, its like an open door to an entire new world.
Cube 3 has been my best purchase over the last two years. I have never used gimmicked cubes but this really does have me intrigued, but it seems that with cube 3 you can do all the same effects without any gimmick leaving everything 100% examinable.
Learning the cube is so simple there is about 3 algorithms which you can copy and parrot fashion learn in no time at all imo Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Dec 31, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Learning the cube is so simple there is about 3 algorithms which you can copy and parrot fashion learn in no time at all imo Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

Look: I have to respectfully disagree with you. Learning to reliably solve the cube may have been "simple" for you, but for most of us it is harder and more time consuming than, say, memorizing a stack.

It is really worth it however.

No, it isn't "easy" -- but it is POSSIBLE, and I think this is the most important thing to keep in mind.
Ustaad thanks for your response .
I find it funny when people are constantly trying to make excuses on not learning to solve the cube. It clearly shows that they have not performed cube routines in real world or for real laymen. I have done cube stuff for only three years and I learned in my very first show that one HAS TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE ONE since if spectator isn't allowed to mix the cube they will just assume that you are mixing it to predetermined configuration... And they are right. Simply the effect is hugely diminished if they cant mix the cube. However the strenght of the shell is that you can use it to get around this or get you out of trouble in case you happen to mix the cube by accident.

That said I use shells only on stage and for stage I have made my own shells with just cardboard and scanning or plastic and scanning for under 5$ a shell. In about 200 shows I have yet to hear anyone say to me that I used gaffs in my cube routine. So in my case if you don't intend to use one in close up or have spectator handle one then there are much better investments to make with 200$ :)
Just watched the instructional vid. Wicked clever. Canít wait to get the cubes. The vid is very well done and clear. Gimmick is genius. I have Rubicon, Rubiks Dream, Perfect Square and now 360. Looking forward to combining this with PS
[quote]On Dec 31, 2017, korttihai_82 wrote:
I find it funny when people are constantly trying to make excuses on not learning to solve the cube. It clearly shows that they have not performed cube routines in real world or for real laymen. I have done cube stuff for only three years and I learned in my very first show that one HAS TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE ONE since if spectator isn't allowed to mix the cube they will just assume that you are mixing it to predetermined configuration... And they are right. Simply the effect is hugely diminished if they cant mix the cube. However the strenght of the shell is that you can use it to get around this or get you out of trouble in case you happen to mix the cube by accident.

That said I use shells only on stage and for stage I have made my own shells with just cardboard and scanning or plastic and scanning for under 5$ a shell. In about 200 shows I have yet to hear anyone say to me that I used gaffs in my cube routine. So in my case if you don't intend to use one in close up or have spectator handle one then there are much better investments to make with 200$ :) [/quote]

Unless your name is Gregory Wilson!
[quote]On Jan 1, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:
Unless your name is Gregory Wilson! [/quote]

Except what is the very first thing that happens in Rubicon?!?! THE SPECTATOR MIXES THE CUBE!!!
[quote]On Jan 1, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:
[quote]On Jan 1, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:
Unless your name is Gregory Wilson! [/quote]

Except what is the very first thing that happens in Rubicon?!?! THE SPECTATOR MIXES THE CUBE!!! [/quote]

True, but you never need to actually solve that cube.
I don't think one should have to be able to solve a cube when buying a "magic trick" nor should they expect to have to solve one. If that were the case then why spend so much money on a magic trick when they could just get a regular cube and solve it. Solving the cube is another skill and art in itself. Not everyone has that particular skill or talent nor wants it. But it if one is willing to invest the time into it it is certainly beneficial.

Even though there are ways around it so that you should never have to solve one manually if you don't want to. But it is good to know how to just in case and will add more confidence to your performance. So I for one know how to solve one but also keep back-ups as well just to keep myself 100% covered.
Does this come with regular cubes as well as the gimmicked one ? Regards Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Jan 2, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Does this come with regular cubes as well as the gimmicked one ? Regards Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

It comes with one regular cube in addition to the gimmick.
Edited.

[quote]On Jan 1, 2018, sirbrad wrote:
I don't think one should have to be able to solve a cube when buying a "magic trick" nor should they expect to have to solve one. If that were the case then why spend so much money on a magic trick when they could just get a regular cube and solve it. Solving the cube is another skill and art in itself. Not everyone has that particular skill or talent nor wants it. But it if one is willing to invest the time into it it is certainly beneficial.

Even though there are ways around it so that you should never have to solve one manually if you don't want to. But it is good to know how to just in case and will add more confidence to your performance. So I for one know how to solve one but also keep back-ups as well just to keep myself 100% covered. [/quote]
But if you let the spectator mix the cube, use any gimmick and the cube is solved perfect. But if you want to reset the trick you have several options.
1 Use a different cube in every performance
2 Change the position of stickers in every performance.
3 Know how to solve the cube in a reasonable time.
[quote]On Jan 2, 2018, magomago wrote:

But if you want to reset the trick you have several options.
1 Use a different cube in every performance
2 Change the position of stickers in every performance.
3 Know how to solve the cube in a reasonable time. [/quote]

. . . . and

4. Take apart a Rubik's cube and put it back together.

P.S. You will find many videos on YouTube.
Rubikís Dream 360 Ė Henry Harrius

Product description : Rubikís Cubeeeeeeeeee, again, but the search for the holy grail is still occurring right now ! Henry has produced an amazing gimmick which will allow your spectator to shuffle the cube, you place it in a bag, show it, then just by removing it from the bag, the cube is now solved and you can show all 6 sides. And best of all, you can twist the first layer of the cube, which adds realism to the whole thing ! You now understand why the 360 thing after ďRubikís DreamĒ. But is this worth your money ? Letís find out together !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $155 and you can find it on Vanishing Inc website : https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/rubiks-dream-three-sixty-edition/

What you get : You get a very nicely made box, with the name of trick printed in a metallic bronze ink, very elegant. Inside, youíll get a small card with the link so you can watch the explanation video, which is about 70 minutes long. You get several routines included in it, itís well shot and I think the Akira Solve taught at the end is worth the video alone, itís such an amazing 1 second solve with a regular cube. But of course, you want to know how the gimmick looks like ? If you had Rubikís Dream, itís the same quality which means itís amazing ! The gimmick is really well made, with a custom built-in locking mechanism. The gimmick looks like a real cube, a bit bigger (because of the way it works) but will fool any of your laymen or magician friend. You also get a regular RD cube, and some additional gimmicks so you can customize your main gimmick and modify a bit the cube so the locking mechanism can work properly. The cube is 57 mm so itís big enough so everyone can see it. Overall, for the price asked, Iím very happy with the quality, Henry shows again that he produces professional products.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls89efk2g0Y

THE CONS :
ē You can only let the audience hold onto it casually for a short period, since it is not a gimmick that is ďexaminableĒ. But there is no need since they can twist themselves the first layer, they will be convinced itís a real cube.
ē The gimmick is a little bit heavier and thicker than another release called ďEasy CubeĒ by Axel Hecklau, so the difference of size between the cube which is shuffled and the gimmick is a little bit more important with RD360 than Easy Cube. But both will fool any laymen or magician, this is just to let you know.
ē You have to use RD cube, which can be bought for like $8 on Vanishing Inc, because they are 57 mm and they will match the gimmick perfectly.

THE PROS :
ē First of all, I want to talk to you about the Akira Solve which is a solve taught in the video. Itís a 1 second solve done with both hands, it looks amazing and only uses one regular cube. This is worth the video alone I think. I also like that there is a part in the video which is dedicated to the use of other things than a paper bag (such as a silk or other things).
ē The gimmick is really amazing, it looks so real, it would fool anyone whoís not aware of this concept. Itís really a major breakthrough in Rubikís Cube magic.
ē Being able to show all 6 sides is amazing, even if the 5 sides of Rubikís Dream was very good, this is a bit better in my opinion.
ē But that doesnít mean that RD360 is better than RD, I love my mini rubikís cube shell because I can do a matching effect without paper bag ! I also thing having both RD and RD360 can open up the possibilities of routines.
ē I love the part where the spectator can remove the cube themselves from the bag. With the proper routine, you can have them to ďsolveĒ the cube which is very strong in peopleís mind !
ē The locking mechanism is a big plus in my opinion, it is not needed when you are pulling out the cube from the bag but very useful when you want the spectator to remove the cube from the bag.

Overall rating : I think this is a very good release, I may consider adding it to my cube magic because I always wanted to involve the spectator a bit more, I like them to experience magic and with RD360, itís close to real magic ! 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, there is no major difficulty, you just have to get used to the gimmick so you can use it in a clean way, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : Easy Cube by Axel Hecklay is similar, but also different in a way

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews and if you have any question, don't hesitate
[quote]On Jan 2, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

. . . . and

4. Take apart a Rubik's cube and put it back together.

P.S. You will find many videos on YouTube. [/quote]

You are right, when I finished to write the post I think that one.

But I never try it. I watched a video on youtube and it is not very easy. You need a table and it takes several minutes, and I am not sure but I think the cube can be damaged doing it several times.

But if you know only 4 algorithms practising 30 minutes every day, in a week you can solve a cube in about two minutes. I am not talking about complex algorithms and complete it in 15 seconds, with only four of them you can do it in an easy way.

If you do cube magic, in my oppinion the most practical way to reset one of them is learn to solve it. Itīs not difficult.
That was a big thing for me. I'm satisfied with being able to solve the cube in ~2 minutes. I realize I don't need to be some speed-cuber to make the magic happen. If, for whatever reason, a reset to solved is needed, I can get there in 2 minute's time. It's not often that this is needed, but I love having the peace of mind.

Also, great review Alex. Really glad to hear the quality holds up (not that I ever doubted it)! I wish I could do that Akira solve, but it's proving pretty tough.
Great review Alex . You say it comes with a normal RD Cube is that all you need or do you need another $8 57mm one from vanishing ink to do every routine Henry offers ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Great review Alex . You say it comes with a normal RD Cube is that all you need or do you need another $8 57mm one from vanishing ink to do every routine Henry offers ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

You do get the gimmick and a regular cube. If you want to do the matching routine, you'll need another cube.
Ok thank you very much Alex best wishes Tarik 🙂
Thanks for posting your cube reviews Alex. Very informative.
So the big question, having played with both cube gaffs, which would you buy?
Both if money were no object, and considering the price difference?
Is there a clear winner in your opinion?
Rubikís dream 360 I think edges it all round imo from what I have read regardless of the price Tarik 🙂
Rubikís dream 360 I think edges it all round imo from what I have read regardless of the price Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

But hard to say without seeing both products firsthand. Axel puts out very high quality items and even though Henry's RD was excellent, Axel does have a longer track record.
But since Alex is the only one here so far to have held both I think it would be valuable to hear his opinion.
Rubikís dream 360 I think edges it all round imo from what I have read regardless of the price Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

I don't think you will go wrong with either.

Steve
[quote]On Jan 2, 2018, videoman wrote:
Thanks for posting your cube reviews Alex. Very informative.
So the big question, having played with both cube gaffs, which would you buy?
Both if money were no object, and considering the price difference?
Is there a clear winner in your opinion? [/quote]

It's very hard for me to say which one I like the best, both are amazing but I must say I liked the explanations better with Easy Cube because you feel the routines have been worked and tried. The gimmick for EC is also thinner and finished a bit better than RD360 but the built-in mechanism with RD360 is really good.

I know this isn't gonna help you but you can't go wrong with one or the other, I think since I was using the mini RD cube in my previous routine that I will stick with the same look and use RD360 but if I wasn't influenced by that, I'm not sure I could decide which one to use.

I love Axel's FISM routine where the spectator actually solves the cube, it's really clever and I'm planning on using it !
RD360 is the answer based on Alex and 3 other more favourable on the 360 side on magicians I know who have them both . The locking mechanism I believe sways it but both are great Tarik 🙂
Hey guys. So here is my question...

I'm approaching this from a mentalist's perspective. Is it possible to use this without the bag? Can you make the switch in view?

The bag seems a bit too "magic like" for my personal taste.

The only routine I'm interested in is having a spectator mix a cube, then me mix my cube to match theirs, then solve the cube blindfolded from "memory".

Thanks in advance.

Matthew
[quote]On Jan 3, 2018, MatthewSims wrote:
Hey guys. So here is my question...

I'm approaching this from a mentalist's perspective. Is it possible to use this without the bag? Can you make the switch in view?

The bag seems a bit too "magic like" for my personal taste.

The only routine I'm interested in is having a spectator mix a cube, then me mix my cube to match theirs, then solve the cube blindfolded from "memory".

Thanks in advance.

Matthew [/quote]

Honestly, you just described Perfect Square by JB Dumas and Michael Lam. You might want to look into that. You can do a matching effect right out in the open, no bags required. If you're a bit more interested in the logistics of it, you can PM me.
Agree. Thatís what makes PS the best IMO. The move is done in the open and is a thing of beauty.
I'm torn between choices. I really like the idea of the locking shell that can be so freely handled, but I'm slightly put off by the paper bag that you need for the switch.

Perfect Square looks nice, but the shell does not cover all sides, and I would be afraid to hand it to a spectator.
[quote]On Jan 4, 2018, MatthewSims wrote:
I'm torn between choices. I really like the idea of the locking shell that can be so freely handled, but I'm slightly put off by the paper bag that you need for the switch.

Perfect Square looks nice, but the shell does not cover all sides, and I would be afraid to hand it to a spectator. [/quote]

Yeah, definitely can't hand Perfect Square out. I just opted to get Perfect Square AND RD360. That way I can do an out in the open effect AND a paper bag effect. Perfect Square proves the concept I can do crazy matches and solves out in the open. RD360 proves I can do a totally magic instant solve as well. Plus 360 has some other routines as well that look fun.
Matthew, it doesnít sound like you need a 6 sided locking cube for what you described. In fact, that would not allow you to do what you want. Seems like you may be misunderstanding how this effect is achieved.

Look into Rubicon and Perfect Square. Same effect, different methods, neither require a bag.
I prefer Rubicon but others prefer PS. But honestly, for the price difference PS is probably the best bet.

While you are researching and deciding, buy a regular speed cube and learn on YouTube how to solve it.
It will serve you well and youíll be glad you did.

Cube3 would be a worthwhile investment as well.
Hi Guys,

This is Henry and thank you SO MUCH for your interests in RD360. I'm here and I will try my best to answer questions!

I think the top concern would be ďdo you need to know how to solve a cubeĒ. I would say around 30-40% of the routines in the tutorial doesnít require you to know how to solve a cube.

BUT if you are serious about cube magic and want to achieve more advanced cube tricks, you will eventually need to solve one (no matter its RD or other cube products). Hereís the good news, no worries! In the tutorial and in RD facebook group I recommended a very good app called ďcube snapĒ. You could just take a picture of every side, and it will teach you the solution to solve it within 20 steps. Very easy to use.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Henry Harrius
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy the original Rubik's Dream but now I am wondering whether I should buy the new 360 version instead. Would you recommend getting both or just the 360 version? The reason I ask is that I don't want to buy the original if most of the routines are achievable with the 360 version or does owning both provide a wider range of routines without much duplication?
Hi Henry I have ordered 360 from vanishing ink 🙂 Do I need to buy an additional 57mm cube from them to do all the effects from both Rubikís dream and 360 ? Also can you send me other links to the exact extra normal cube I would need just incase vanishing inc donít have any in stock . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Jan 4, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Hi Henry I have ordered 360 from vanishing ink 🙂 Do I need to buy an additional 57mm cube from them to do all the effects from both Rubikís dream and 360 ? Also can you send me other links to the exact extra normal cube I would need just incase vanishing inc donít have any in stock . Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

Wouldn't it be better to PM?
Ok good idea I will Tarik 🙂
RD is great for its simplicity. It is very direct and easy to do. It is a full set, including everything you need.

RD360 is great for its deceptiveness. Because If you think about it, you can show all 6 sides clearly and the cube can twist... There is no way that can go to the solution of a "shell". It requires slightly more practice than RD. But once you get it down, you can perform something very fooling. Yes, there are some routines you can do with both RD and RD360. But there is also something only RD360 can do. E.g.: the one-handed blindfold solve and the UPS... where you have several spectators mixes the cube, you placed inside the bag, let them keep it. And finally they reach it out and it's solved. RD360 is not a full set. So if you wish to explore more you will need to get extra RD cubes from VI. So I see RD360 as a very special additional prop.

There is also something that only RD can do, e.g.: Cube to Chocolate. Just an example. So to me, they are like expanded shell and flipper coin. They both can do coins across, but there is also something unique about themselves!

I of course recommend owning both 🙂 but that would depend on your needs. Hope it helps!
[quote]On Jan 4, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Hi Henry I have ordered 360 from vanishing ink 🙂 Do I need to buy an additional 57mm cube from them to do all the effects from both Rubikís dream and 360 ? Also can you send me other links to the exact extra normal cube I would need just incase vanishing inc donít have any in stock . Best wishes Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

Hi Tarik,

You can perform around 20-30% of the routine with one cube inside the tutorial. But if you wish to perform some with two cubes you will need to get it from VI. Extra RD cubes will be available at VI and they will definitely have stocks.... because I gave them a lot :) News about RD Cubes will be anounced very soon!
Thanks Henry the whole project sounds awesome , happy new year Tarik 🙂
RD360 is the answer based on Alex and 3 other more favourable on the 360 side on magicians I know who have them both . The locking mechanism I believe sways it but both are great Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

You may be right but hard to say. Not sure how 3 people you know already have both.
The slightly thinner shell of Easy Cube could be considered an advantage (think Lassen vs. Tango) and you couldn't modify the 360 to match.
Whereas I believe you could easily add the locking system from 360 into the Easy Cube.
But having said that I'm sure that both are great as Alex has said.
Considering the price difference and the fact that 360 has a lot of followers from the original RD, it will likely be the biggest seller, although for strictly selfish reasons I would hope that neither sell very many. ;)
Hi. I have Rubicon 1.0, RD and RD360, and Perfect Square (PS). I did not get Easy Cube just yet.

The Rubicon cubes fit in the RD360 gimmick nicely, and the locking feature of RD360 still works.
The RD cube is a bit more snug in my Rubicon 1.0 gimmick, but it still fits and works.
The Rubicon cubes and RD cubes fit in the PS gimmick too.

The cube matching display of RD360 is the best. The cube matching display of Rubicon is very good too - clever and clean looking. For me, the cube matching display for Perfect Square is incongruent and therefore a bit more suspect.

The PS gimmick could have done what RD360 did with its gimmick, but PS uses tako instead.
If I could get hold of some more tako, I would use them to augment my RD gimmick.

As a cube switching utilty, Rubicon and PS are designed to done out in the open.
The switches using the RD (non-mini) and RD360 are done in a bag. It is not a bad thing, it is just different. It also reduces the heat (if any) during the actual switch.

Stickerless is a very nice and unique routine that comes with both RD and RD360. The handlings are necessarily different, and IMHO, the RD360 version is even better.
You cannot do this routine with either Rubicon or PS.

Out of all the recent gimmicked cubes, I think Magikub is the least flexible.
To achieve a similar effect to Magikub without using a gimmicked cube, just learn the Akira Solve already included with RD360.
For toss solves, see Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter and/or Cube 3 By Steven Brundage.
See CubeFX for further inspiration - like how to leverage an Enchanted Cube.

Btw, this app shows you how to solve a 3x3 cube in about 20 moves (similar to Cube Snap)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rubix-cube-solver/id784085951?mt=8
Tako?

Travis
@ VoltesGX31: Thank you so much for a very good, educative and useful comparison between the various cubes using a sh**l gimmick.

P.S. I am still waiting for my RD-360 to ship. No info till date.
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, travisb wrote:

Tako?
[/quote]

Tako - It's a Micro Suction Tape.

Use and application of micro-suction tape - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72gpqsqVGQ

IMO a very useful item.

Hello

i read all this thread but cant see an answer .
i don't have RD .
is it better to bye RD 360 alone , or it's only an addition to the RD ?
are all the tricks explained in RD can be done with 360 without having RD or without buying any additional props ? ( I'm not ask about the mini cubes, only the regular one )
[quote]On Jan 15, 2018, avimag51 wrote:
Hello

i read all this thread but cant see an answer .
i don't have RD .
is it better to buy RD 360 alone , or it's only an addition to the RD ?
are all the tricks explained in RD can be done with 360 without having RD or without buying any additional props ? ( I'm not ask about the mini cubes, only the regular one ) [/quote]
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:
RD is great for its simplicity. It is very direct and easy to do. It is a full set, including everything you need.

RD360 is great for its deceptiveness. Because If you think about it, you can show all 6 sides clearly and the cube can twist... There is no way that can go to the solution of a "shell". It requires slightly more practice than RD. But once you get it down, you can perform something very fooling. Yes, there are some routines you can do with both RD and RD360. But there is also something only RD360 can do. E.g.: the one-handed blindfold solve and the UPS... where you have several spectators mixes the cube, you placed inside the bag, let them keep it. And finally they reach it out and it's solved. RD360 is not a full set. So if you wish to explore more you will need to get extra RD cubes from VI. So I see RD360 as a very special additional prop.

There is also something that only RD can do, e.g.: Cube to Chocolate. Just an example. So to me, they are like expanded shell and flipper coin. They both can do coins across, but there is also something unique about themselves!

I of course recommend owning both 🙂 but that would depend on your needs. Hope it helps! [/quote]

This is my reply, take a look :)
[quote]On Jan 16, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:
[quote]On Jan 5, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:

I of course recommend owning both 🙂 but that would depend on your needs. Hope it helps! [/quote]

This is my reply, take a look :) [/quote]

Expanded shell and flipper coin of cube magic is the greatest answer I came across when people keep asking the difference of these two great tools. Well said!
I love this so much. The tutorials for both this and Rubik's Dream have some really great routines.
The other reviews have said all that needs to be said about what a perfect product this is.
The only issue is that you're going to want a second one of each to give you the options of having
both a solved and a stacked cube. Vanishing Inc. has a good discount on getting a second RD [ and
hopefully maybe they'll do it for the 360 one day as well.

I've got 20 years in magic now and it's been incredibly exciting to see how quickly cubing magic
has evolved into it's own discipline. I'm so grateful to Henry for producing this utility and to all
of the contributors who are advancing our art for the sake of our audiences.
Have received mine now and I must say that itís absolutely incredible . The gimmick is pure genius as are the routines and tutorial . This is literally what real magic would look like 10/10 Tarik 🙂 ps I would recommend buying a second standard RD cube from vanishing inc so you can do some of the added routines
Pulled the trigger on this yesterday (ship day)
after the last review, and of course I get an email today from VM saying "shipment delayed."
I have this and love it as itís pure magic . However I donít want to do loads of cube effects just one in my set . I am quite happy to use the brown paper bag as I put one over the Mrs head every night anyway and I have never noticed the switch ( unfortunately ) so overall if you could do just one routine from the brilliant ones on the tutorial what is everyoneís overall favourite Tarik 🙂
Got my set. Very well made. Very impressive. The RD cube that comes with it is the quietest cube iíve seen but it definitely needs lubricated. The other problem is that the cube is almost too smooth. Like the Brundage Cube3 cube, itís very easy to overshoot or get misaligned. So iím sticking with the DaYan cube which is not as quiet but pretty perfect other than that
[quote]On Jan 17, 2018, JosephKerr wrote:
I love this so much. The tutorials for both this and Rubik's Dream have some really great routines.
The other reviews have said all that needs to be said about what a perfect product this is.
The only issue is that you're going to want a second one of each to give you the options of having
both a solved and a stacked cube. Vanishing Inc. has a good discount on getting a second RD [ and
hopefully maybe they'll do it for the 360 one day as well.

I've got 20 years in magic now and it's been incredibly exciting to see how quickly cubing magic
has evolved into it's own discipline. I'm so grateful to Henry for producing this utility and to all
of the contributors who are advancing our art for the sake of our audiences. [/quote]

Thank you SO MUCH! :smiletear:
[quote]On Jan 19, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Got my set. Very well made. Very impressive. The RD cube that comes with it is the quietest cube iíve seen but it definitely needs lubricated. The other problem is that the cube is almost too smooth. Like the Brundage Cube3 cube, itís very easy to overshoot or get misaligned. So iím sticking with the DaYan cube which is not as quiet but pretty perfect other then that [/quote]

It is not as hard as you think. I have been using RD Cube for a long long time and its still the only cube I use for magic. The key is to not overshoot like you said, then it will be a surefire, the next move will helps to align itself. If you feel that its too smooth, try tighting it a little using a screwdriver.
Thatís a bit of a contradiction ? How will it need lubricating if too smooth ? Henry shows you easily how to tighten or loosen it on the tutorial anyway ! The 360 gimmick wants to be smooth as then you can easily show a layer turns and if you make that adjustment on the reveal of all sold it can even look better in some peoples opinion . I love it Tarik 🙂
Hard to explain in words. Just a feel thing. Iíve got 8 different brands of speed cubes. All have a slightly different feel. I think the RD cube is a good middle of the road cube. Definitely serviceable for this routine.
Ships Mar 15, 2018?
[quote]On Jan 20, 2018, manolo wrote:
Ships Mar 15, 2018? [/quote]

Received an email from George at VM saying quality inspections were to blame for preorders not going out as promised, but delay should only be a few days (Monday or Tuesday, 22nd or 23rd.) After your post I contacted, and Andi explained that orders received today (January 20) and forward would be under the March 15 shipping schedule, and those by the 18th (at least when addressing my order, "much, much sooner," no mention of the previous "Monday or Tuesday" comment. We'll see.
Can anyone send me a link for spare vanishing inc RD stickers please . I know they give you spares but I would like more for different routines . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Again, I think Rubik's Dream deserve to be Trick of the year. So please use the opportunity to make the vote as soon as possible, thank you.

Here is the link:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=656170&forum=109
Where is possible to buy it?
Vainishinginc magic
Only for preorders :( anybody have it for sale?
ON the Reel Magic Marketplace this week......
[quote]On Jan 19, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
I have this and love it as itís pure magic . However I donít want to do loads of cube effects just one in my set . I am quite happy to use the brown paper bag as I put one over the Mrs head every night anyway and I have never noticed the switch ( unfortunately ) so overall if you could do just one routine from the brilliant ones on the tutorial what is everyoneís overall favourite Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

I guess we would be safe in concluding that your wife does not peruse this forum...
:)
No she doesnít as she is not a magician . I was only joking anyway Tarik 🙂
[quote]On Feb 1, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
...I was only joking anyway Tarik 🙂 [/quote]

I got (and appreciated) the joke, Tarik. I was joking as well...thus the smiley face at the end of my op.
I know you were , Tarik 🙂
Hi gang,
Does anyone here know what the size of the Paper bags he uses are?

Cheers....
Just purchased a genuine Rubik's Cube. Based upon the recommendations in this thread, I plan to (using the various videos available on You Tube) learn to solve it...after which, I will consider purchasing one of the Cube effects discussed here. Thanks to all who contributed to this excellent knowledge base.
When will this be sold through other dealers? Got a few gift certificates for other dealers laying around and would love to put it to this.
[quote]On Feb 3, 2018, sileeni wrote:
Hi gang,

Cheers.... [/quote]

The one that I'm currently using is from a packaging retailer in Singapore. Goes by "Paper Bag 12 Lbs/ Brown (328 X 180 X 112 mm)".

Easily holds 2 cubes side by side, which is pretty much the specs we'll be needing.

Hope this helps.
Hi Dylanxtay,
Thank you for the information.
It helps a lot.

Best Wishes,

Sileeni...
Just thought I would chime in on Rubik's 360! I haven't added a new Rubik's Cube trick to my show in over 1 year.... except for this. After watching the tutorial and receiving the gimmick, I needed to found a way to insert this into my show. I think this will be a part of the show for a long time!!!! : )

Awesome job Henry!
[quote]On Feb 5, 2018, sjbrundage wrote:
Just thought I would chime in on Rubik's 360! I haven't added a new Rubik's Cube trick to my show in over 1 year.... except for this. After watching the tutorial and receiving the gimmick, I needed to found a way to insert this into my show. I think this will be a part of the show for a long time!!!! : )

Awesome job Henry! [/quote]

Thank you Brundage 😁😁😁
[quote]On Feb 4, 2018, dylanxtay wrote:
[quote]On Feb 3, 2018, sileeni wrote:
Hi gang,

Cheers.... [/quote]

The one that I'm currently using is from a packaging retailer in Singapore. Goes by "Paper Bag 12 Lbs/ Brown (328 X 180 X 112 mm)".

Easily holds 2 cubes side by side, which is pretty much the specs we'll be needing.

Hope this helps. [/quote]

I would suggest a paperbag as SMALL as possible. Find one that can just about enough to hold two cubes.
The smaller the paperbag is, the larger the cube will be comparatively . And the effect will be comparatively stronger and cleaner. Hope this helps!

Henry
If going to purchase this are you better going for this or the three sixty version?
Hi Henry,
Thank you for your information.
It all helps.

Best Wishes,

Sileeni.
The RD 360 version as for me imho is flawless . It was designed with a good locking system from the start rather than putty which has since been replaced with magnets by its rivals . Itís cheaper which is irrelevant to me but may be beneficial to some , also the stickers are better that naturally come with it so I personally would pick this version and have done all day long . Best wishes Tarik 🙂 ps however you will not be disappointed with either
After buying the 360 first, I thought there was no way the normal RD could hold up. It totally does. Altogether, it's expensive as can be, but having both kits make me feel invincible. They're both so good, you're missing out if you don't have both :D
I agree. I have both and you can put together a great routine. Still hate the RD cube though. Iíve spent hours with it. Worst cornering speed cube iíve seen. Serviceable if you only do two handed moves but even two handed moves stick occassionally. Really bad if you do any one handed moves. If you overshoot even a little, forget about it. So you have to really practice to either hit the moves dead on or come up a little short. Inexcusable for a speed cube.
I have no problems doing the Akira solve with an RD cubd so thatís quick enough for me Tarik 🙂
Have to agree about the RD Cube. Everything else about these products is pure perfection. I thought the RD Cubes were dope until I received the cube type that comes with Cube3. That really opened my eyes.
Yes, the cube3 cube is much better but there are several that are even better. There are some great ones that have magnets built in so they never over or under shoot. A joy to use. Unfortunately, the stickers donít match for RD
[quote]On Feb 5, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Yes, the cube3 cube is much better but there are several that are even better. There are some great ones that have magnets built in so they never over or under shoot. A joy to use. Unfortunately, the stickers donít match for RD [/quote]

Whoa. Whereabouts can I get one of those?
[quote]On Feb 5, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Yes, the cube3 cube is much better but there are several that are even better. There are some great ones that have magnets built in so they never over or under shoot. A joy to use. Unfortunately, the stickers donít match for RD [/quote]

Just switch out the stickers. I do it anyway because I have many sheets of stickers in which I prefer the colors so I routinely switch them on anything new so everything matches.
It only takes a few minutes.
Whoa. Whereabouts can I get one of those? [/quote]

Amazon. Just search magnetic speed cube. Great for The Sollution. Havenít tried with RD. Not sure if all the magnets would interfere with RD360
This will be available on the Reel Magic Marketplace site tomorrow night
Yep. No idea why they would release a cube that doesn't corner. I so wish the magnetic speed cubes on the market didn't have differently shaped stickers/pieces.
Agreed
Itís handling is not as smooth as it could be
He does say you can tighten or loosen it to help

Iíve had a few weeks now and I must say it is better. Think I know the little nuances with it now
But they need another RD 2.0
This is now available @ Reel Magic On Demand

Pays to subscribe to Reel Magic.
When it will be on penguin magic?
Aw man - I am dumb. I bought and today received Rubik's Dream 360. I have yet to watch the video tutorial but I will say the shell is as advertised. Fantastic.

Unfortunately for me, I did not realize this is a companion (of sorts) to the regular Rubik's Dream. Certainly it can be used stand-alone but it does NOT include the mini shell, which I was hoping for. For those who have the original, what effects am I missing out on by lacking the mini cube? I really would like to do some cube matching effects, as well as those of the instant-solve variety.

Does anybody know if the mini shell is available to buy separately?

Thanks!
The mini shell is available separately but you have to contact Vanishing Inc directly and inquire about it. Plus, you are supposed to be a prior customer of Rubik's Dream and I'm not sure if buying the 360 alone also qualifies you. So again, you need to email VI and ask them for the link to the hidden web page. But be aware also that it is not always in stock.

You can perform many of the same effects with the mini shell and cube that you can do with the standard size. However, many of the moves and one-hand solves are very difficult to do with the mini cube because of both it's smaller size and also the mini cubes themselves are just not as smooth working as the larger size cubes.
That's very helpful information, thank you. I'll reach out to VI. Although now I'm thinking I'll just buy a regular RD kit and sell my 360 before I apply any stickers or anything, even though knowing I'll take a (hopefully small) loss. I mistakenly thought the 360 was the "next generation" of the standard package. It's still fabulous for what it is, but caveat emptor I suppose.

I guess I'm still confused then what the point is of the 360, now that I have it in hand... it seems to me to be an upgrade over the original shell, but that I'd be better off with the full base package that doesn't twist, to enable matching effects etc.
This will be on the reel magic marketplace soon.....
Did you buy the 360 from a dealer?
If so, ask them to allow you to exchange the 360 for RD if that is what you decide to do, just as you would any other non-magic item you would buy.
Depending on where you got it you should be able to do that.

I will only buy magic from dealers that are happy to accept returns, but I do realize that some dealers are still locked in this 1970's mindset of no returns/no exchanges which I'm not sure is even legal these days when purchasing via the internet.

But if you got it from VI, they are really good so you shouldn't have a problem.
Thanks everyone, super helpful as always. I did buy it from VI, though now I wish I had used the Reel Magic marketplace for the discounted regular version! Oh well. I'll ask VI but it's my bad for not reading the descriptions properly, and honestly, this thing is very cool so maybe it's much ado about nothing and I should keep it. The one thing I don't know is how MUCH better this one is than the regular one. I will say the locking is fabulous and I would be comfortable letting a spectator handle this version for sure.
Just keep it and get RD too if you can. Once you start getting a routine together you will almost certainly discover a very useful need for the 360.
Theyíre all super high quality and enable you to do some incredible cube effects.

Just be aware that doing a cube matching effect (matching a specs mixed cube) without involving any cover or paper bags is not really what these were intended for. Rubicon and Perfect Square were both designed for that and are better suited for that purpose.
Thanks videoman. Probably what I will do, though I was not planning to invest so much on this. Even so, all the different options have become quite confusing. I love the instant solves of rubiks dream and the general quality of the gimmick. But I also love the matching of Rubicon and I saw one effect that had a super Mario kicker (I seem to have lost the name of that one). Anyway it appears the one I finally did purchase was not exactly right but as you say if I complement it with the original rd or another, I'll have a total package. Thanks again.
Are there any 55mm cubes with exact stickers etc as the 57mm takes a bit of locating if slightly offset so I would prefer a 55 . Any suggestions would be grateful Tom
Actually one more thing, what advantages does the 360 version really have over the standard? I get that one side rotates but to be honest I'm not sure that really adds a ton of value because I'm not sure an extra convincer is needed. There's no way laymen are thinking "that's a shell" and would want rotation to prove it.

Is the locking mechanism better than on the regular one? Because I have to say this one is really fantastic. And is there any other advantage I'm missing?

Just trying to justify keeping it to myself :)
There is no locking mechanism on the regular RD. It's simply a 5-sided shell so obviously you can't show all 6 sides as with the 360 (hence the name) and a spectator cannot handle the regular RD.
One big advantage of the regular RD shell is that you can get a cube in and out much faster and easier which opens up opportunities for many uses.

Which is why the regular RD probably has a lot more uses overall but for those instances where the 360 will work then it's really cool to have it and be able to drop it into a specs hands and show it completely all around, etc. And rotating it is a nice convincer I think. Not necessarily purposely rotating it because you don't want to over prove, but making it appear as if it rotated almost by accident, if that makes sense.

Have you watched the 360 video yet?
Brilliant. That really does clarify it for me and hopefully for others as well. Unfortunately I had to fly out this morning for a business meeting and am heading back now so have not been able to watch it yet- apologies if a viewing will answer the questions I've posted to you already. Hopefully I can watch tomorrow and decide what to do. It does seem like both effects (and others) have differentiation and merit. I'll let you know what I think after I get a chance to watch it!
I still think a 55 mm cube will work better in it as when placing in the bag itís hard to get right every time . A 55 mm will be a breeze and there is away to stop the rattle Tom
Hi Videoman (and others) - so I took your advice and bought the original RD as well. In for a penny, in for a pound I suppose - though I figured maybe I would return or sell the one I don't want to keep. Now that I've watched both videos, I'm really warming up to the idea of keeping them both. I'm thinking I can craft a nice little routine using RD to do a match effect coupled with the Ultimate Paper Bag Solve (which alone is enough to justify RD 360 as others have said). It really offers a lot of flexibility. I may even try to recreate a stack for the matching that lets me perform that Super Mario effect from Perfect Square. Overall, both RD and 360 have advantages like you said. It's a bit of a bummer that almost everything needs to be done under cover of the paper bag but it's totally worth it, especially at the end (almost a kicker) where you show the bag empty and let the spectator briefly handle 360. For those of us without the skill/time/attention span to learn Cube3 type solves, I have to say these gimmicks are incredible. I've seen Greg Wilson perform Rubicon in person too and that behind the back matching routine he does is incredible - lots of possibilities with this stuff and these gimmicks. Thanks again for your advice.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2018, KristoBall wrote:
Hi Videoman (and others) - so I took your advice and bought the original RD as well. In for a penny, in for a pound I suppose - though I figured maybe I would return or sell the one I don't want to keep. Now that I've watched both videos, I'm really warming up to the idea of keeping them both. I'm thinking I can craft a nice little routine using RD to do a match effect coupled with the Ultimate Paper Bag Solve (which alone is enough to justify RD 360 as others have said). It really offers a lot of flexibility. I may even try to recreate a stack for the matching that lets me perform that Super Mario effect from Perfect Square. Overall, both RD and 360 have advantages like you said. It's a bit of a bummer that almost everything needs to be done under cover of the paper bag but it's totally worth it, especially at the end (almost a kicker) where you show the bag empty and let the spectator briefly handle 360. For those of us without the skill/time/attention span to learn Cube3 type solves, I have to say these gimmicks are incredible. I've seen Greg Wilson perform Rubicon in person too and that behind the back matching routine he does is incredible - lots of possibilities with this stuff and these gimmicks. Thanks again for your advice. [/quote]

Hi Kristoball,

Welcome to the RD family! Be sure to check out the pinned post at official RD facebook group. There are lots of gold there from me and many great magicians ;)

Henry
[quote]On Apr 5, 2018, Tomangerry wrote:
I still think a 55 mm cube will work better in it as when placing in the bag itís hard to get right every time . A 55 mm will be a breeze and there is away to stop the rattle Tom [/quote]

I use a 55/56mm cube in mine all you need to do is put a 1mm magnet or the amount required in the bottom and to one side of the RD to space your cube up, if you don't the top won't turn as it is supposed to.

We have them in stock here as well https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/rubiks-dream-360-by-henry-harrius.html
Hi Mark where did you get the 55mm cube from ? Thank you Tom
[quote]On Apr 15, 2018, Tomangerry wrote:
Hi Mark where did you get the 55mm cube from ? Thank you Tom [/quote]

We sell these https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/speed-cube-guanlong-yongun-like-rubiks-cube.html

It does not match the shell but that does not matter the way I use it.
Actually Mark I can think of some good routines if I buy 2 of them from you . Thank you Tom
[quote]On Jan 10, 2018, VoltesGX31 wrote:
Hi. I have Rubicon 1.0, RD and RD360, and Perfect Square (PS). I did not get Easy Cube just yet.

The Rubicon cubes fit in the RD360 gimmick nicely, and the locking feature of RD360 still works.
The RD cube is a bit more snug in my Rubicon 1.0 gimmick, but it still fits and works.
The Rubicon cubes and RD cubes fit in the PS gimmick too.

The cube matching display of RD360 is the best. The cube matching display of Rubicon is very good too - clever and clean looking. For me, the cube matching display for Perfect Square is incongruent and therefore a bit more suspect.

The PS gimmick could have done what RD360 did with its gimmick, but PS uses tako instead.
If I could get hold of some more tako, I would use them to augment my RD gimmick.

As a cube switching utilty, Rubicon and PS are designed to done out in the open.
The switches using the RD (non-mini) and RD360 are done in a bag. It is not a bad thing, it is just different. It also reduces the heat (if any) during the actual switch.

Stickerless is a very nice and unique routine that comes with both RD and RD360. The handlings are necessarily different, and IMHO, the RD360 version is even better.
You cannot do this routine with either Rubicon or PS.

Out of all the recent gimmicked cubes, I think Magikub is the least flexible.
To achieve a similar effect to Magikub without using a gimmicked cube, just learn the Akira Solve already included with RD360.
For toss solves, see Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter and/or Cube 3 By Steven Brundage.
See CubeFX for further inspiration - like how to leverage an Enchanted Cube.

Btw, this app shows you how to solve a 3x3 cube in about 20 moves (similar to Cube Snap)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rubix-cube-solver/id784085951?mt=8 [/quote]

How difficult is Akira solve to learn?
How much break in time does 360 take to become smooth with the gimmick?
[quote]On May 4, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
How much break in time does 360 take to become smooth with the gimmick? [/quote]

very little time, a few hours of practice....depending on how you want to use it, it could even be less time...
Thanks Randy, just got the download with order.

I know I saw on a thread somewhere what brand speed cube comes with 360 , is it the Aurora? Looking for one to order that stickers will match also. Thanks
Gulp, not sure... I had a matching cube already from something else, I'm sure someone else can fill that in accurately so you can get the right one...
[quote]On May 4, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
Thanks Randy, just got the download with order.

I know I saw on a thread somewhere what brand speed cube comes with 360 , is it the Aurora? Looking for one to order that stickers will match also. Thanks [/quote]

The cube that comes with the RD360 is not an Aurora
The dimensions of an Aurora are 56mmx56mmx56mm
https://www.speedcube.com.au/products/shengshou-aurora-black?variant=866166351

The cube supplied with the RD360 is closer dimensionally to a Dayan Guhong 57mmx57mmx57mm
https://thecubicle.us/dayan-guhong-p-30.html

You can get actual cubes used for RD360 from the VanishingInc site
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-accessories/rd-regular-cube/
these have the dimensions 57mmx57mmx57mm

The GuanLong speed cube mentioned by Mark from Saturn Magic can possibly have either 56mmx56mmx56mm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oostifun-YongJun-GuanLong-3x3x3-Puzzle/dp/B00OK73TAC

or the dimensions 57mmx57mmx57mm
http://lightake.com/p/Yong-Jun-Guan-Long-3x3x3-Magic-Cube-57mm_m1560.html

The cube must have the dimesions of 57mmx57mmx57mm to fit snugly otherwise it would rattle.
I have tried it with all cubes mentioned except the GuanLong

The best ones are the Guhong and of course the Regular Rubiks Cube (RRC) from Vanishing Inc
A word of warning the Guhong is a bit noisy but functions much better as a speed cube than the RRC
The RRC however is silent and smooth on it's turns but bad on corner cutting.

Mind you for most of the RD360 routines speed is not a requirement unless you're doing the Akira Solve and corner cutting may aid in the quick turns.
If doing the Akira Solve I don't think sound is an issue as the spectators are seeing you solve it in an instant - in fact the sound does enhance the moment.
I am confused. Which one is better? RD or RD 360? My purpose is to do a cube matching effect
For those wishing to use a smaller cube such as 56mm with RD360, it seems like it would be simple enough to stick pieces of thin felt or similar to keep the cube from rattling.
Can stop it rattling itís just the cube doesnít match the gimmick but with 2 cube routines and the second cube solved already maybe that doesnít matter 🙂
[quote]On May 4, 2018, singhal5 wrote:
I am confused. Which one is better? RD or RD 360? My purpose is to do a cube matching effect [/quote]

If you want to just do a matching cube effect then RD360 is better than RD.
With RD360 as the name implies you can show all 6 sides to genuinely match with a 'twist'
With RD you can show 5 sides to match with the 6th side using a move
Both cost the same $155 each

So one is sleightless and the other is not, but the move for RD is easy.

The advantage of RD over RD360 is it comes with mini-versions of the same gimmick which allow you to do extra effects.
With RD you can do cube to candy as an alternative. Join the facebook group for more ideas/effects

Just watch the trailers for both and see which one appeals to you most. You can't go wrong with either of them.
RD
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/great-magic-for-big-crowds/rubiks-dream/

RD360
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/rubiks-dream-three-sixty-edition/
Thanks Rekoj, wealth of information.

Note: I should be receiving 360 Tuesday. I have watched the video and got the basics of the Akira solve down. I would say its not smooth 50 percent of the time but I think with muscle memory, I can get it there eventually. I had to pull out my speed cubes for better cornering. Im not a finger flicker for my solves. I asked family members after a few times what they liked most of the Cube 3 toss solve or Akira and they both liked toss up solve. That I believe is because of me not the methods. I think I can get better. If not, I still have 360 to use which I am so looking forward to.

Applying stickers I am not looking forward to. :fear:

Decomposing Exacto Knife
So this is available now at the Reel Magic Marketplace....
The great thing about RD 360 is you really do not need to be able to solve the cube. Others may say that but when practicing, you will really mess up the cube and it can be frustrating.

But with RD 360, you should only have to solve after each performance. During practice, no need, the cube should never get mixed.

PS: Solving I mean taking it apart after the gig and putting it back together.

PSS: Really loving Akira. That combined with Cube 3 toss up solve gives a nice one two punch to any cube routine.
Don't take it apart to put it back together if all you need to do is solve it. While I HIGHLY recommend anyone considering Rubik's cube magic to master a beginner solve (ideally, I'd say solving at 30s average is a goal to aim for, but under a minute is fine) - just the same way I'd suggest everyone learning card magic to learn how to shuffle and cut properly. But, if you just need to solve a mixed cube and don't yet know how, you can download free cube solvers on your phone (or use them online even if lacking a smartphone). There shouldn't ever really be a need to break one apart to solve it. ;-)
Is Rubik's Dream 360 a good place to start if you've never done any Rubik's cube magic before or is this for the more experienced cube magicians ?
RD 360 is a great place to start for a beginner and infact any magician as itís super easy and packs a massive punch imho Tarik 🙂
I would also highly recommend Takamiz Usui's Penguin Live lecture to anyone interested in starting cube magic. It will give a good foundation to build on. RD360 is a wonderful tool, and there are some great ideas with it that require very little skill to perform, but it also pays to know how to perform magic with a real cube, and watching the lecture will give a good foundation on not just moves and effects, but routining with a cube.
Can you do all the effects in Takamiz Usui's Penguin Live lecture with regular cubes?
Most of it can be done with just a few regular speedcubes. That said, there's an effect on there where you make one cube change into another object, such as an omni cube, twisted cube, etc. - so in essence those would require extra props, but nothing that is gimmicked, per se. But the vast majority is using anywhere from 1-3 regular speedcubes.
Thanks for the clarification.
[quote]On May 9, 2018, sgtgrey
wrote:
Don't take it apart to put it back together if all you need to do is solve it. While I HIGHLY recommend anyone considering Rubik's cube magic to master a beginner solve (ideally, I'd say solving at 30s average is a goal to aim for, but under a minute is fine) - just the same way I'd suggest everyone learning card magic to learn how to shuffle and cut properly. But, if you just need to solve a mixed cube and don't yet know how, you can download free cube solvers on your phone (or use them online even if lacking a smartphone). There shouldn't ever really be a need to break one apart to solve it. ;-) [/quote]

Forget my previous post, I was asleep. Mess up a cube, solve it. Everyone messes up a cube. On Rubicon, Greg merely shows how to solve by putting the pieces back together. There will be plenty of mix ups to solve either the easy way or the hard way lol.
I recommend everyone learn to solve but unfortunately it is not probable. Dan Brown You Tube is fantastic. About the only tutorial that helped me. Monetized and viral now.

20 Seconds should be about right for a solve. May take a week or two to master that though.

RD 360 and others that use same principle can be done without solve knowledge. Akira though I would suggest a solve first. It is one great visual.

:spoon:
I totally agree with Decomposed in his above post regards Tarik 🙂
Awesome review. So is there a need for Rubiks Dream if you have Rubiks 360?

quote]On Dec 19, 2017, JohnMichaelHinton wrote:
*****HANDS ON REVIEW********

So Henry sent me an advanced copy of Rubik's 360 a while ago and I have loved playing with it! It has so many possibilities!

To be fair you will see my name listed in the bonus routines...but I did not receive any compensation from Henry for this project. After seeing what I came up with he asked me if I would be willing to add it into the bonus material. Also, I am a full time professional magician. Tricks for video only are super fun, but I work in front of real people every week. I need something that can be used show after show that looks as good as the "For Video Only" tricks, and will base my review on real world performances.

I think Rubiks 360 is so powerful and make rubiks cube magic available to all magicians !!

First thing I noticed when playing with Rubiks 360 is the same quality that came with the original Rubik's Dream! (and works with the same standard RD regular cube that Rubikís Dream does) It look so insanely real that I now have no problems pouring out the S***L into a spectator's hand or even letting the spectator pull it out of the bag themselves (as seen on the trailer). Honestly, the gimmick looks so real that when I see it next to normal cubes on my desk I don't know which is which until I pick them up!

My favorite thing about Rubiks 360 though is the locking system. It is such an ingenious idea that I don't know why it hasn't come out before!! When engaged you can throw everything in the air without any worries.

The 8 featured routines by Henry on the tutorial are a combination of classic rubiks cube ideas (that are now finally available to everyone...whether you are a finger-flicker-one-hand-solver or have no concept of how to solve a cube) and some new incredible new cube ideas (also available to both sets of people!) This new incredible system in my opinion has opened rubik's cube magic to the general hobby-ist as much as the "enchanted cube" did back in the 70s. I plan to teach and let my 7 year old perform with it very soon!

Like I said this new gimmick means that you DO NOT have to know how to solve a cube at all to perform it!! However, if you want to learn Henry suggests a great how that will teach you how to solve a cube.

The 3 bonus routines are amazing...BUT the best is the AKIRA SOLVE!!! It looks like how a super genius superhero on a movie would solve a rubik's cube...where everyone would claim they used CGI or something! Just as amazing as the Block Solve (that was featured on Rubik's Dream)...This is an incredible instant solve...if you are willing to put in the work! I have performed it now in over 20 shows and the only draw back I can see is that everyone believes that you are using a gimmicked cube. Easiest way to solve that is to simply hand them the cube. Granted when I performed this in my local magic club I had one member convinced for 20 mins that I had switched the cube or something. It is knuckle busting sleight of hand that is worth the hours of practice put in!

So whether you are a full time professional like myself who is willing to put in the hard core practice for the crazy finger flicking stuff....or if you are simply a hobby-ist who wants to mess with a couple friends' minds at your house...I can fully recommend Rubiks 360! [/quote]
[quote]On May 14, 2018, How wrote:
Awesome review. So is there a need for Rubiks Dream if you have Rubiks 360?

[/quote]

It depends on your needs.
360 fills a need and can certainly add something when its particular properties suit the routine.
But RD is nice too and can be better for many things. IMO, the idea of showing all 6 sides is overblown a bit.
In some routines you may want to quickly place a cube into a bag or receptacle and pull it out very quickly with virtually no fidgeting or stalling. RD is great for this.

As part of my cube routine I switch a genuinely mixed cube for a shelled cube and then while placing the shelled cube behind a mirror, I dump just the shell into a servante and quickly bring out the inner solved cube to match the one I am holding in front of the mirror with my other hand. Obviously I could not use a 360 to accomplish this same thing and that is but one of a thousand examples.

So yes, there are still many uses for both an RD and a 360.
Thanks to both of you, my friends. :spoon:
This is the BEST SET available, but I would buy "Dream" first - learn those effects and THEN also buy 360

[youtube]-VQS2NswTXo[/youtube]

External link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VQS2NswTXo
Is this good for close up or are there issues with the shell being noticeably larger than the regular cube?
Close up is fine with this. Olly
[quote]On Jan 11, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Close up is fine with this. Olly [/quote]

Thank you, I went ahead and ordered (along with the original RD). My only concern now is being able to get the stickers on properly.
Itís not that hard to put the stickers on, I find tweezers help
Tweezers help but the easiest way is to take the sticker off the sheet but move it to the corner of the sheet so 95% is off the sheet and the remainder the bottom right or left corner is still attached.
Itís very easy to now offer the sticker up to the cube and press out the 95% perfectly square and pull the sheet away and press down the tiny remainder.
I hope that makes sense, and now I also see this idea is described by Henry in the new Venom tutorial. Olly
For some reason tonight the tutorial log in will not work? Anybody know why? I have had this since it came out and watch the tutorial regularly but for some reason Vimeo is giving an error 404 message. Please help Olly :)
[quote]On Jan 14, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
For some reason tonight the tutorial log in will not work? Anybody know why? I have had this since it came out and watch the tutorial regularly but for some reason Vimeo is giving an error 404 message. Please help Olly :) [/quote]

Try again, it should be fixed by now.
Not working for me either; same 404 error
I contacted vanishing inc and re logged into them and they placed it in my downloads after resetting my password and now all good again. Vimeo doesnít seem to work with it anymore though but Vanishing inc resolved my issue promptly. Olly
Pm me and I will forward you the link that should work for you now. Olly
I got mine through hocus-pocus, but there is no download for RD360 in my download section. Not sure what I should do. I just got this product and was trying to access it for the first time.
Pm me I am sure my link will still work for you. I trust you so itís the same tutorial as I have watched it about 20 times regards. Olly
PM sent, thanks!
Unfortunately that does not work for me since it takes me to my Vanishing downloads and I didn't purchase it from them. Thanks for trying; I appreciate it.
I did put in a request to join the facebook user group forum, though, so I can probably get help through there.
It will work now try again. Olly
If it doesnít pm me your email and I will send it direct to you there and it will definitely work. Olly
I really like this. I did this in my show for repeat customers last month and it was very strong. As always there was a mentalism spin like I do with any magic I perform. Congrats Henry. :cheering:
Itís a great effect I must say. Olly
The vimeo page is working again!

I still have not been added to the facebook page user group yet though.
I love this but as I wonít use FB for various reasons, I wondered what other users on the Cafťs fav routine with this gimmick are?
The matching cubes, sucker solve which ends with 2 solved cubes , the stickers appearing on a blank cube or just the mixed up basic one cube solve? Olly
The stickerless/blank is fun. I also like the 2 cube sucker solve. Think I'll do one with a shrinking cube when I show it to my family (2 cubes)
Thank you I like the two sucker solve cube too as you appear to be left clean as the gimmicked one can naturally go away as you tip the real solved cube in their hands. Thanks for your thoughts, Olly
Stickerless is very strong. I open my cube set with it. It kills any age group
Thanks Randy I must admit it was my fav routine when I first set eyes on this. Almost spoilt for your choice thatís my problem, Olly
I use 360 with Isolated, the signed cube in jar effect.

I have the mixed cube signed. Then I place it in a paper bag saying I will magically solve the cube.
I take a solved cube out of the bag, of course they think Iíve switched it so I admit they are right and show them inside the bag and they see the mixed cube.
Then I immediately crumple up the bag, the cube has vanished.
I then take out a gift box, inside is a cloth bag, inside is a jar, and finally inside of that is the signed cube.

Very strong effect.
Videoman - I do something very similar using RD360 with Isolated, and it does indeed kill. Actually, I do usually begin with a one-cube series of effects first based off an idea I got when watching Cube FX, and then I proceed more or less as you described for the finale. I didn't even change my RD360 stickers, so it is even more obvious and I mention that they think I just switched the cube b/c even the colors are off, etc.
So the bag is crushed but dirty so to speak? Regards Olly
Yes, it is dirty. I make my own cubes for it. Iím not a working pro doing it 10 times a week so I can just make them as needed.
I originally performed it with a very deceptive switch of the crushed bag so I could toss it into the crowd and end clean but found early on that it was overkill and unnecessary.
Thanks for your help sounds a great combination of routines. Olly
[quote]On Jan 16, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Thanks Randy I must admit it was my fav routine when I first set eyes on this. Almost spoilt for your choice thatís my problem, Olly [/quote]
There is so much good cube stuff out there. It is such a treat. Isolated is also worth a look. It closes my set and often my parlour show.
Thank you guys appreciated. Olly
1 only at half price at magicandsuch right now ... use code "deal19"
Where can I buy cubes that are identical to the one supplied? What kind of cube is it?
Vanishing inc sell the regular RD cubes