(Close Window)
Topic: Pen for Aluminum heating
Hey, two years ago at the Desert Seminar there was a dealer who was selling pens that contained the chemical to heat aluminum. I bought one for a friend and the pen broke. Does anyone know how to contact that dealer or have you seen these pens anywhere else?
Greg
Message: Posted by: MichaelSibbernsen (Jul 11, 2002 07:50PM)
The dealer was Henry Mayol. I have no contact information. I will say that the product while and excellent idea, never worked well (if at all) for me.
Thanks, Michael. I'll pass the name to my friend. I bought it for him and he seem to be putting it to some use when the pen broke.
Greg
Message: Posted by: MichaelSibbernsen (Jul 12, 2002 03:59AM)
I remember Henry suggesting the use of the foil wrapper from a cigarette pack. Apparently even the brand made a difference.

Perhaps I had a bad pen, or just never hit upon the correct surface material.

To aide in your search, Steven's Magic Emporium has in the past carried Mayol products. You may wish to check with them for the pen, or for Mayol's contact information.
Thanks for the extra lead.
Greg
What does this product do? :confused:
It contains a chemical that will make aluminum heat up. You tear a small piece of aluminum and have a spectator sign it then roll it up into a ball. He places it in his hand and you begin to tell him to picture it getting hot. It will get hot enough that he has to drop it.
Greg
it's toxic, do not touch the chemical with your skin.
I AGREE WITH ECNO, NO TOUCHY.
VERY BAD, I RETURNED MINE AFTER FINDING OUT IT IS A CHEMICAL THAT CAUSES SKIN CANCER.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD! :wow:
I thought it was banned as it is VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!!!