(Close Window)
Topic: The End Times by Ryan Matney
So I’ve been fortunate enough to sample a little bit of The End Times, Ryan Matney’s new subscription based quarterly publication. Ryan performed an effect for me he calls “Dislocation.” At first I considered it a transposition, but Ryan leans more towards “a single card across.” A spectator’s chosen card is placed into a packet of cards, and instantly trades places with card from another packet. No duplicates, no forces. Any card, any shuffled deck.

He also shot me an effect to get feedback on. “Return of the Dead Cut.” The magician skillfully cuts a named number of cards to reveal a spectator’s card, and then finds a second spectator’s card just as quickly. Minimal moves (some skill required haha) and plenty of room for personality. First time performed it blew my spectators away.

The End Times is going to be well worth the price. These two effects alone are some of Ryan’s best material to date.

I suggest you preorder now, while you’re thinking about it!!!

Check it out at ryanmatneymagic.com or search Retro Rocket Magic Books on Facebook.
I obtained The End Times Book 1 secondhand from a Café user. Great tricks, well done design, clear explanations. I subscribed for Issues 2 through 4 from Ryan but have yet to receive anything. Before I send any additional emails to Ryan I wanted to check if anyone had gotten any further issues of this fine magazine as perhaps my name did not properly get on his mailing list. Thanks!
He has not put out #2 yet. He said in a recent Genii thread that he would have news about it, but so far I have not heard anything either.
I see Volume 2 on Hocus Pocus.