(Close Window)
Topic: Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley
Message: Posted by: MF Tom (Jun 1, 2018 04:41AM)
Hi Guys,

Sixth Sense 3.0 is finally available we had a long long wait on this but it's definetly worth the wait. :)

Here is the ad:

Have you always wanted to perform 'Which Hand' with confidence? Read on!

More than three times as powerful as its predecessor, this tiny device allows you to perform a variety of beautiful mind-reading effects including the classic, 'which hand.' Place the sensor under your watch strap and a silent vibration will let you know in which hand a volunteer has hidden a magnetic coin.

Sixth Sense 3 now works with all magnetic currency, even smaller coins like the US quarter!

The Effect

You challenge a volunteer to a simple guessing game. They hide a coin in one of their hands, and you guess which one it is in. If you get it wrong, they win $100.

You win but propose a new game. This time you play again, but for $1000...

Playing just as well in a casual environment as to an audience of thousands, this is only one of a number of possible effects that can be performed, from predictions to multi-spectator routines. Any magnetic object can be used: coins, PK rings and more.

Range

We have upgraded the device to detect all kinds of magnetic currency, even smaller coins such as the US quarter or UK 10p.

Example Coins:

Magnetic Quarter Dollar/UK 10p (Range: 12cm)
Magnetic £1 (Range: 15cm)
Magnetic 50c Euro (Range: 17cm)
Magnetic US Half Dollar/PK Ring (Range: 18cm)

Built-in Vibration

No need for a separate receiver - Sixth Sense 3 silently vibrates to alert you that a magnetic coin is within range. Each vibration motor has been hand-selected to ensure quiet and reliable operation.

Rechargeable Battery

Sixth Sense 3 can be charged from any USB socket and has more than 6 hours of battery life.

Bluetooth-Enabled

Customize your device with an optional iOS app that allows you to change the strength of the vibration, boost the range and more! Don't have an iPhone? Change the settings using the button on the device itself.

Advanced Use

Using the app, it is possible to double the normal range of the device! This means that for larger coins like the magnetic half dollar, a 30cm+ range can be achieved.

By placing the device in a belt loop or attaching it to a chest strap under your shirt, it is now possible to perform 'Which Hand' by simply walking up to the volunteer. No hand movements. No palming. No sleeves. This elevates the effect into the realm of the impossible, but it does take practice - boosting the range in this way is recommended for experienced users only!

Specifications

Dimensions: 17 x 34mm
Battery: 6+ hours, rechargeable
Includes: The sensor, USB charge cable, link to online instructions

Please note: A magnetic coin is not included with this device!

It comes with worldwide free shipping at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/sixth-sense-3-by-hugo-shelley

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: Dreda (Jun 1, 2018 11:41AM)
Hi,

Is it possible to replaced the battery if it is damaged ? if yes can we find it ourselves ?
Message: Posted by: singhal5 (Jun 1, 2018 01:43PM)
This looks really good. How big is the device? Will it be easily spotted when placed under the watch strap?
Message: Posted by: singhal5 (Jun 1, 2018 01:46PM)
I'm sorry about my earlier post, I wanted to ask about the thickness.
Message: Posted by: KiKi (Jun 1, 2018 04:02PM)
What about the "head/tails" detection?
Message: Posted by: rekoj (Jun 1, 2018 04:21PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2018, KiKi wrote:
What about the "head/tails" detection? [/quote]

If you mean polarity detection it is still possible with this latest version.
You can watch the videos of it in action here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10333
Message: Posted by: BifKahuna (Jun 1, 2018 11:34PM)
In the video the heads or tails shows on the phone screen. I wonder if this would work with an Iwatch?
Message: Posted by: BruMagic (Jun 2, 2018 02:22PM)
In the penguin magic advert, one of the demonstrations involves cans of fizzy drinks. The explanation is that the M is hidden in them. But - how on earth could you hide a M in a can of drink?

I'm keen to get one of these. I've had difficulty getting Hugo to reply to my messages in the past, so I'm going to go through a UK dealer instead. Does anyone know who the UK dealer will be for this?
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Jun 2, 2018 02:30PM)
Own it and love it. Use it in my show and the 3.0 is a HUGE improvement!
Message: Posted by: Michael Clifton (Jun 2, 2018 02:56PM)
Be interested to know, how good the extended range is? Looks quite bulky,
so the ideal positioning would be as suggested in blurb, on body away from
the usual areas...
Message: Posted by: singhal5 (Jun 2, 2018 06:00PM)
I really like this but I will wait for the advanced magnetic detector by promystic. Unfortunately that post has been removed.
Message: Posted by: MF Tom (Jun 6, 2018 10:29AM)
Here is a show unboxing of the SS3. I did a size measrement and a range etst with different items. More likely your any sort of quesiton will be answered here if not PM and I help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x570pxglE48&feature=youtu.be

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: singhal5 (Jun 6, 2018 11:30AM)
[quote]On Jun 6, 2018, MF Tom wrote:
Here is a show unboxing of the SS3. I did a size measrement and a range etst with different items. More likely your any sort of quesiton will be answered here if not PM and I help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x570pxglE48&feature=youtu.be

Best,
Tom [/quote]

thanks for the video Tom!
Message: Posted by: kalibo (Jun 6, 2018 05:52PM)
I really Love the SS 2.5 - use it in every Show ... so I gave a try to 3.0 ... and Played a day with it ... itís Amazing... very small, a huge Range and very sensitive... BUT: I have lots of Problems with watches... that's what I Used to do - Put the SS 2.5 under my AppleWatch - But 3.0 seems to be to sensitive... itís vibrates and Then stopped working... :/
So I tried a Ąnormal watchď - Same here - Reacts to the magnetic Parts of it and stops working untill removed...
then I tried a Kind of Wrisfband (no metal) and that Worked... Perfect ...
But: I really Would prefere to have a Choice ...
anybody else got these Problems??
Message: Posted by: sharpace (Jun 7, 2018 12:48AM)
[quote]On Jun 6, 2018, kalibo wrote:
I really Love the SS 2.5 - use it in every Show ... so I gave a try to 3.0 ... and Played a day with it ... itís Amazing... very small, a huge Range and very sensitive... BUT: I have lots of Problems with watches... that's what I Used to do - Put the SS 2.5 under my AppleWatch - But 3.0 seems to be to sensitive... itís vibrates and Then stopped working... :/
So I tried a Ąnormal watchď - Same here - Reacts to the magnetic Parts of it and stops working untill removed...
then I tried a Kind of Wrisfband (no metal) and that Worked... Perfect ...
But: I really Would prefere to have a Choice ...
anybody else got these Problems?? [/quote]

What is detecting range between SS 2.5 and 3.0? Thanks
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Jun 7, 2018 01:47AM)
[quote]On Jun 6, 2018, kalibo wrote:
I really Love the SS 2.5 - use it in every Show ... so I gave a try to 3.0 ... and Played a day with it ... itís Amazing... very small, a huge Range and very sensitive... BUT: I have lots of Problems with watches... that's what I Used to do - Put the SS 2.5 under my AppleWatch - But 3.0 seems to be to sensitive... itís vibrates and Then stopped working... :/
So I tried a Ąnormal watchď - Same here - Reacts to the magnetic Parts of it and stops working untill removed...
then I tried a Kind of Wrisfband (no metal) and that Worked... Perfect ...
But: I really Would prefere to have a Choice ...
anybody else got these Problems?? [/quote]


That is quite normal the instruction say no metal watches or metal objects. You can adjust the sensor as you know the app as well.

I did a Facebook I've on SS3 and Smoke Cube and show SS3 using a very small 10 x 1mm magnet and the rage was very good.

Here is the link https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/blog/
Message: Posted by: music (Jun 7, 2018 06:11AM)
Where do you find a watch that does not have any metal in it?
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Jun 7, 2018 06:18AM)
[quote]On Jun 7, 2018, music wrote:
Where do you find a watch that does not have any metal in it? [/quote]

Ok, lets reword - no metal watch straps, leather or plastic will be fine.
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Jun 7, 2018 09:19AM)
For a reasonably strong magnet, the [b]Sixth Sense 3[/b] has a very good reading range. Hence for such a tiny gizmo, use of a Wrist Sweatband (of reasonable width) will be much suitable.

My thoughts please.

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jun 7, 2018 10:11AM)
Good advice Ustaad. For the past couple of years I simply finger palm the unit... started doing that with SCAN 3D and have continued with SS3. The sensitivity is very good. I have mentioned earlier that I use a Canadian magnetic coin which is relatively weak, with SS2 no signal, with SS3 no problem through a closed fist.

This is also a great tool for Kurotsuke. Simply finger palm the unit in the hand holding the bag with the marbles/objects... When the magnetic object is removed you instantly know! I am starting to use with a bag with the quarter and some pennies in it. I hone in on who has the quarter and then do my "which hand" sequence.

Cheers,

John
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Jun 7, 2018 11:08AM)
The only thing that would make this even better for me.. Is if it were Apple Watch compatible!
Message: Posted by: movemonkey (Jun 8, 2018 09:51AM)
[quote]On Jun 7, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Good advice Ustaad. For the past couple of years I simply finger palm the unit... started doing that with SCAN 3D and have continued with SS3. The sensitivity is very good. I have mentioned earlier that I use a Canadian magnetic coin which is relatively weak, with SS2 no signal, with SS3 no problem through a closed fist.

This is also a great tool for Kurotsuke. Simply finger palm the unit in the hand holding the bag with the marbles/objects... When the magnetic object is removed you instantly know! I am starting to use with a bag with the quarter and some pennies in it. I hone in on who has the quarter and then do my "which hand" sequence.

Cheers,

John [/quote]


Thanks for the input John. Is the sensitivity range better than Scan 3D?
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jun 8, 2018 12:06PM)
I would say the range is pretty close to identical between the two. I did a side by side distance comparison using a magnetic half and they were virtually identical. There are things I prefer on SS3 though and it is my go to device. For now anyway... until the next evolution :)
Message: Posted by: illusioneer (Jun 9, 2018 11:15PM)
Word of warning!! If your spec is wearing an Apple Watch....abort!!! OR have them remove it.

This sucker is sensitive.
Message: Posted by: sharpace (Jun 10, 2018 01:01AM)
[quote]On Jun 9, 2018, illusioneer wrote:
Word of warning!! If your spec is wearing an Apple Watch....abort!!! OR have them remove it.

This sucker is sensitive. [/quot

Is it just sensitive to Apple watch or all electronic watches? :verysad:
Message: Posted by: illusioneer (Jun 10, 2018 12:47PM)
Sharp ace...

Iíve only seen it happen with an Apple Watch. Havenít tested with other smart watches as I donít own any. But I would venture to say that anything that has a ďwirelessĒ charging feature also carries a strong magnet inside.
Message: Posted by: Robert M (Jun 10, 2018 01:02PM)
I was wondering why SS3 did not work when placed under my Apple Watch band. Thanks for the info.

Robert
Message: Posted by: only4card (Jun 10, 2018 06:58PM)
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, Robert M wrote:
I was wondering why SS3 did not work when placed under my Apple Watch band. Thanks for the info.

Robert [/quote]

Thatís why I have cancelled my order for SS3. My friend got it last week have the same problem like you it
cannot get close to Apple Watch . Even some other watch with metal straps.
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jun 11, 2018 09:41AM)
Have not run into this but this morning I did my routine with a co-worker that wears an Apple watch to test it and had no issues. Perhaps because I finger palm the unit it worked OK, not sure.
Message: Posted by: Paul S Wingham (Jun 12, 2018 10:39AM)
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, only4card wrote:
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, Robert M wrote:
I was wondering why SS3 did not work when placed under my Apple Watch band. Thanks for the info.

Robert [/quote]

Thatís why I have cancelled my order for SS3. My friend got it last week have the same problem like you it
cannot get close to Apple Watch . Even some other watch with metal straps. [/quote]

I'm guessing this is because it is so sensitive it detects a magnet within the apple watch. Don't they have a magnet for charging and haptic feedback?
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Jun 12, 2018 07:02PM)
I've not had much time to work with this yet, but as it is adjustable if you found watches were being detected then turn it down until a watch is not detected and ensure the magnet in whatever you are using is stronger and therefore detects at the lower level.
Message: Posted by: movemonkey (Jun 12, 2018 09:41PM)
The unit will accidentally buzz with many types of watches, even not electronic, it can be a problem..... so if you want to be safe you must only do this to people without wrist wear
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Jun 13, 2018 01:13PM)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I've not had much time to work with this yet, but as it is adjustable if you found watches were being detected then turn it down until a watch is not detected and ensure the magnet in whatever you are using is stronger and therefore detects at the lower level. [/quote]

That's the problem with a highly sensitive magnetic detection device. The more range, more the errors and thus the reliability issue. I had made my own a highly sensitive magnetic field detector which ran into the same problem. So I switched to non-magnetic objects for the Kurotsuke as well as the Which Hand effects.

However:-

[quote]On Jun 12, 2018, movemonkey wrote:

The unit will accidentally buzz with many types of watches, even not electronic, it can be a problem..... [b]so if you want to be safe you must only do this to people without wrist wear[/b] [/quote]

This is a very good and practical solution.

These days I don't find many people wearing a metal watch/bracelet/wrist band/bangles, in case they do so it's only on one hand. The other hand should tell you weather its empty or full. :) At times I have found that a ring on the finger can also give a false alarm due to the high sensitivity setting on the device.

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jun 13, 2018 02:40PM)
I have been using this since last August and honestly have not had an issue with folks wearing watches. Perhaps my handling is different but knock on wood this has not proven to be an issue for me. As I mentioned above I finger palm the unit which may be giving enough distance from watches to avoid false reads. Gold or pure silver jewelry will not impact the unit. Metal that is attracted to a magnetic can cause a false read but must be in close proximity to the unit. Maybe I am just lucky but have not had an issue with rings either (most finger ringers are either gold or silver).

Sorry some seem to being having challenges, for me this is something that is always in my pocket.
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Jun 13, 2018 03:00PM)
Hi John,

Sorry if my post gave the impression that I was referring to Sixth Sense 3. No, it's not so. I was talking about my own contraption and was certainly not referring to Sixth Sense. Sorry for any misunderstanding this might have caused.

Best regards,

Narendra

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jun 13, 2018 03:57PM)
No worries Ustaad. Was just responding the the folks that seem to being having issues with watches, etc. Am sure your device is interesting as always :)

For me the high sensitivity is needed to detect Canadian magnetic coins (the curse /blessing of having currency that is attracted to a magnet weakens the magnetic force in gaffed Canadian magnet coins). Am thankful that so far have not experienced the false reads some are reporting with SS3.

Cheers,

John
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Jun 14, 2018 10:16AM)
Ordered mine. Previously I've used Chess Guess and have been very happy with it, so I look forward to this as well
Message: Posted by: SimonTheSorcerer (Jun 15, 2018 04:31AM)
I hope it's better than the customer service...ordered almost two weeks ago directly from the him. No further shipping info nor any reaction to emails.
Message: Posted by: Krazyjay (Jun 26, 2018 07:23PM)
So was anyone able to find the downloads from the info card inside the box. I cant find them. I sent an email to Hugo but he has not replied. Thanks
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Jun 26, 2018 07:36PM)
[quote]On Jun 26, 2018, Krazyjay wrote:
So was anyone able to find the downloads from the info card inside the box. I cant find them. I sent an email to Hugo but he has not replied. Thanks [/quote]

Theres a PDF on the site. If you click on the thing mentioned in the card, you'll find the downloads tab
Message: Posted by: Krazyjay (Jun 26, 2018 08:01PM)
Thanks Josh. Had to use my desktop to find it.
Message: Posted by: Bad jelly (Jun 27, 2018 03:34AM)
Just navigated Hugo's site to locate the download instructions. Arguably, they don't offer anything particularly new to current or past users of this great device. He does state, however, "There will be videos added here shortly"... in 'Hugo speak/world' !!! does anyone know when that is likely to be? I'm noticing from many posts on here, his customer service record is not great.
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Jun 27, 2018 07:46AM)
Pretty happy with this so far! Previously the only "which hand" gimmick I had used what Chess Guess, which works great and fits me personally. That being said, I wanted one that could let me "borrow" an object. The app is fantastic, so being able to customize it has been extremely helpful to find the right settings. Also being able to use your phone as a t***per is a nice feature, though the vibration in the device itself is undetectable for the spec. The one issue I've found so far is because its so sensitive, if I'm wearing my apple watch, or any rings/bracelets that are ferromagnetic it can cause the device to go off. That being said, I just use that to my advantage by taking off everything I have on my hands/wrists, and just finger palm the unit.

Just my ten cents!
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Jun 27, 2018 08:43AM)
I hear you guys keep saying that itís too sensitive.. Itís adjustable! You may have it too high without realizing it. 20 is pretty high but is the lowest default setting. You can lower it even more. I personally have no trouble with watches or anything.
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Jun 27, 2018 10:18AM)
[quote]On Jun 27, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I hear you guys keep saying that itís too sensitive.. Itís adjustable! You may have it too high without realizing it. 20 is pretty high but is the lowest default setting. You can lower it even more. I personally have no trouble with watches or anything. [/quote]

lol I'm aware, but even at 9% it was picking up my watch and ring
Message: Posted by: elimagic (Jun 27, 2018 01:17PM)
[quote]On Jun 27, 2018, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
[quote]On Jun 27, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I hear you guys keep saying that itís too sensitive.. Itís adjustable! You may have it too high without realizing it. 20 is pretty high but is the lowest default setting. You can lower it even more. I personally have no trouble with watches or anything. [/quote]

lol I'm aware, but even at 9% it was picking up my watch and ring [/quote]

Or just put it on the other wrist without the watch?
Message: Posted by: Adam Meier (Jun 28, 2018 01:11PM)
This is really powerful and a big step forward from the 2.5 version. The detection range is insane.
Message: Posted by: Howser (Jul 5, 2018 03:09AM)
Received mine yesterday and love it!
is there an android version off the app planed?
Message: Posted by: Sethekk (Jul 5, 2018 04:04PM)
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new £1 coin to use with this? The one on Hugo's site is the old £1.

Thanks
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Jul 5, 2018 04:20PM)
I used this yesterday at a small private party gig.. However, I completely forgot my magnetic coin! So I was going through the back of my car looking for anything magnetic lol.

I found a sharpie imp writer with a tiny magnet in it for erasing an imp pad. It picked it up no problem!! Love SS 3.0.
Message: Posted by: Howser (Jul 9, 2018 03:37AM)
Would anyone be so kind and let me know what drift compensation is set by default?

thanks!
Message: Posted by: craiger123 (Sep 2, 2018 12:20PM)
I tried ordering this and Hugo's website said it's sold out. : (
Message: Posted by: steve_bobbins (Sep 3, 2018 10:12AM)
[quote]On Sep 2, 2018, craiger123 wrote:
I tried ordering this and Hugo's website said it's sold out. : ( [/quote]

yes I found same. where can we get these second hand.maybe?
Message: Posted by: Manos Kartsakis (Sep 3, 2018 11:34AM)
Steve, there are some second-hand magic groups on Facebook where you can try asking for one. Just type "Second Hand Magic" to find some. You will probably have to request to join and wait for an admin to grant you access to the group.
Message: Posted by: KiKi (Sep 3, 2018 01:38PM)
[quote]On Jun 1, 2018, rekoj wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2018, KiKi wrote:
What about the "head/tails" detection? [/quote]

If you mean polarity detection it is still possible with this latest version.
You can watch the videos of it in action here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10333 [/quote]

So, you need your phone to know if its heads or tails up?
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Sep 3, 2018 02:12PM)
[quote]On Sep 3, 2018, KiKi wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2018, rekoj wrote:
[quote]On Jun 1, 2018, KiKi wrote:
What about the "head/tails" detection? [/quote]

If you mean polarity detection it is still possible with this latest version.
You can watch the videos of it in action here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10333 [/quote]

So, you need your phone to know if its heads or tails up? [/quote]

nope. it will vibrate a diff number of times for heads vs tails
Message: Posted by: pegasus (Sep 3, 2018 02:23PM)
Another effect thatís searchable on YouTube.
Message: Posted by: Whippet (Sep 4, 2018 09:49AM)
I had to return mine to Penguin Magic after a short time using it (mostly practice, not performance); it completely stopped working although it would take a charge. Penguin nicely offered a complete refund, a store credit, or a replacement. I opted for a replacement and was told it would be in by the end of August. Still waiting.
Message: Posted by: craiger123 (Sep 5, 2018 08:08PM)
I just tried to order this on Hugo's website directly. This is still not available. Has anybody heard when it will be available?
Message: Posted by: Waters. (Sep 11, 2018 07:37PM)
I was wondering the same thing. Updates anyone?
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Sep 13, 2018 11:59PM)
I think unfortunately Hugo might have missed something within the programming. It's a shame
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Sep 14, 2018 09:43AM)
[quote]On Sep 13, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
I think unfortunately Hugo might have missed something within the programming. It's a shame [/quote]

Had not heard that there were any issues with programming? have been using mine now for over a year and have not experienced any problems. Just curious.

John
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Sep 14, 2018 10:35AM)
Same here.. No issues.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Sep 14, 2018 01:01PM)
It took forever for this to be officially released. The release date kept being pushed back, and we're not talking a week or two but months and months.
Then it was released to great fanfare and quickly sold out and now has taken forever to restock.

Doesn't seem that Hugo depends very much on his product line for income as he just seems to put things out when the mood strikes.
So this could show up in a week or two or it could be months or years. It may even be discontinued and the next one you see is version 3.5 or 4.
I get the feeling it is more of a hobby with him than a business. At least he runs it that way IMO.
Message: Posted by: Magic-Daniel (Sep 14, 2018 02:26PM)
Does this item depend on an app on your smartphone?
Message: Posted by: Jamie D (Sep 14, 2018 02:42PM)
No it doesnít but you do have that option if you like.
Message: Posted by: Lseeyou (Sep 26, 2018 05:06PM)
Where can we buy this? Sold out or unavailable yet?
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (Sep 27, 2018 02:39AM)
No news from Hugo ? They said mid September for new stock..
Message: Posted by: WayneNZ (Sep 27, 2018 02:58AM)
I have been trying to contact Him with an issue with another version ,wont be taking the risk again on another one.
Message: Posted by: Johnny250 (Sep 27, 2018 06:42AM)
I have also some problems. it is stop to work witout any warnning. somtimes its work great,and somtimes not. I little disappointed for 300$ I expected more
Message: Posted by: Lseeyou (Sep 27, 2018 10:36AM)
[quote]On Sep 27, 2018, Johnny250 wrote:
I have also some problems. it is stop to work witout any warnning. somtimes its work great,and somtimes not. I little disappointed for 300$ I expected more [/quote]

:eek: is this happening with more people? :eek:
Message: Posted by: drawfull (Sep 27, 2018 10:39AM)
I've had no issues with anything from Hugo - and that includes communication. He's always been on the ball to respond to my queries and help with everything I've needed. It's a shame other's don't seem to have received the same level of customer care. Maybe he's on holiday?
Message: Posted by: otreboR (Sep 27, 2018 01:13PM)
A magicdealer here in Holland is expecting this item in the beginning of December.
Message: Posted by: Zargo (Oct 23, 2018 12:48PM)
Its far too long for the wait...ordered, paid still not received..now its says it is being shipped on 20. Dezember....
I don't understand the problem and this delay..there should be at least some statement from Hugo directly! :bunny:
Message: Posted by: videoman (Oct 25, 2018 12:05AM)
I donít know anything about Hugo Shelley, but I have read many complaints about him being extremely hard to reach. I also know it seems to be common that his products are unavailable or have long delays.

Itís certainly a strange way to run a business. I always get the impression that he creates and markets these products on the side because he enjoys it. It seems more like a hobby. Iím not sure he needs or cares about the money or income. He puts things out when feels like it, which isnít very often.

On the other hand, Craig Filicetti of ProMystic offers an equally good if not better product, that is less expensive, and he also provides incredible customer service. Iíve never understood why people are willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time to spend more money, and not know if they will ever see or hear from the creator again.
Message: Posted by: Senzo (Nov 4, 2018 02:11AM)
Mine is for sale ...
Message: Posted by: otreboR (Nov 4, 2018 04:47AM)
[quote]On Oct 25, 2018, videoman wrote:
On the other hand, Craig Filicetti of ProMystic offers an equally good if not better product, that is less expensive, and he also provides incredible customer service. Iíve never understood why people are willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time to spend more money, and not know if they will ever see or hear from the creator again. [/quote]

I don't know if you are correct about it being less expensive. You also need a receiver.
With SS3.0 you only have 1 device. That's why I am still interested in this product.
Too bad we have to wait so long for it be available again. We already had to wait so long for it being released.
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Nov 4, 2018 08:03AM)
Promystic's SCAN 3D is $399 ($578 with receiver), Sixth Sense 3.0 when available is $300. Both great products, In this case I prefer Sixth Sense 3.0 for reasons I have shared earlier.
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 4, 2018 03:06PM)
The problem with Hugo is he is as illusive as the Scarlett pimpernel or Dave Forrest :)
Its a 50/50 effect after all but a 90/10 chance he wonít respond to a pm about his releases imo :)
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 6, 2018 02:30PM)
[quote]On Nov 4, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
The problem with Hugo is he is as illusive as the Scarlett pimpernel or Dave Forrest :)
Its a 50/50 effect after all but a 90/10 chance he wonít respond to a pm about his releases imo :) [/quote]

Just to elaborate on your post. Which hand isn't 50/50. If you only perform one round then yes, it's 50/50, but that's also a nonsensical way to perform a which hand routine. Which hand routines gets more and more impossible the more times you nail it.

One round. 50/50
Two rounds 2 out of 2
Three rounds 3 out of 3.

So on and so forth. The odds logically and obviously becomes less and less the more times you repeat it. The fact that you keep nailing it even though the odds progressively becomes less and less favorable for you is what makes it entertaining and intriguing.

It's not even a probability/odds that the audience needs to follow along to. It's more of a inherent rationale they will have, instinctive, intuitive. Makes which hand actually one of the strongest things one can perform for someone and also lends itself to a wide array of plots/presentations. You can play it as something that demonstrates intuition, reading tells, precognition, remote viewing, etc.
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 6, 2018 02:55PM)
You are wrong completely , it is 50/50 chance each and everytime you perform it that is a mathematical fact .
You are probably one of those people who think if Black comes up 20 times on the trot at roulette then the next one must be Red .
The wheel has no memory and apart from the zero the Black still has an even chance the same as Red .
If you say I will guess which hand 5 times in a row before you start without fail the odds are greater but each and everytime its 50/50 .
Guessing a card is 52/1 which definitely is more impressive imho .
Which hand is a bit like the Acaan plot , magicians are hell bent on them but to the spectators they are nothing special :)
Message: Posted by: atomic111 (Nov 6, 2018 06:48PM)
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
You are wrong completely , it is 50/50 chance each and everytime you perform it that is a mathematical fact .
You are probably one of those people who think if Black comes up 20 times on the trot at roulette then the next one must be Red .
The wheel has no memory and apart from the zero the Black still has an even chance the same as Red .
If you say I will guess which hand 5 times in a row before you start without fail the odds are greater but each and everytime its 50/50 .
Guessing a card is 52/1 which definitely is more impressive imho .
Which hand is a bit like the Acaan plot , magicians are hell bent on them but to the spectators they are nothing special :) [/quote]

Yes, its 50/50 EACH roll, but only each roll. He does say it gets exponentially harder to do - in a row, so he's not wrong at all. Its simple probability and he says just that. I have a pet peeve with the 50/50 premise when its presented (outside of magic) as a word puzzle. There are people who go to their grave saying the odds of heads coming up 10 times in a row is 50% - that seventh grade word puzzle has led so many people astray from true probability it makes me ill. So much so that I'm wasting both of our times writing this.

1/52 isn't really anything special either if you think about it. Yes its better than 50/50 but its no miracle. I'm not sure the average spectator cares to do probability math in their head either way.
Message: Posted by: John C (Nov 6, 2018 07:29PM)
Well I tried to buy a hugo unit but I'm not waiting. If he can't provide them then in my mind he's too busy doing other stuff and if that's the case he's too busy to really support these things.

I bought a scan 3d got it in two days. Done. I know Craig will be there if anything goes wrong. This guy is a genius.
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 7, 2018 02:09AM)
Atomic111 I agree with your above post but if you have to spell out the maths ie 10 in a row etc is harder it doesnít make it a great premise imo .
However I love Dan Whites take on the plot but that is a rare exception :)
Message: Posted by: SimonTheSorcerer (Nov 7, 2018 07:21AM)
Does anyone else have prolems with the distance? I have a really strong coin but with the default settings I have to go near up to 7cm.
Message: Posted by: gassaox (Nov 7, 2018 08:58AM)
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 7, 2018 09:57AM)
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
You are wrong completely , it is 50/50 chance each and everytime you perform it that is a mathematical fact .
You are probably one of those people who think if Black comes up 20 times on the trot at roulette then the next one must be Red .
The wheel has no memory and apart from the zero the Black still has an even chance the same as Red .
If you say I will guess which hand 5 times in a row before you start without fail the odds are greater but each and everytime its 50/50 .
Guessing a card is 52/1 which definitely is more impressive imho .
Which hand is a bit like the Acaan plot , magicians are hell bent on them but to the spectators they are nothing special :) [/quote]

Actually, you've just proven that you actually don't know math. LOL. 50/50 are the odds for one round. It's no longer 50/50 when you do two or more rounds. You don't understand basic mathematical principles. LOL.

Your roulettes example makes no sense because the odds will always be 50/50 for each try. The odds for nailing red 5 times out of 5 is no longer 50/50. Did you not learn basic probability in school? It's called probability distribution. It's not 50/50.
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 7, 2018 10:04AM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Atomic111 I agree with your above post but if you have to spell out the maths ie 10 in a row etc is harder it doesnít make it a great premise imo .
However I love Dan Whites take on the plot but that is a rare exception :) [/quote]

You don't have to explain it to people. People have a generally good base understanding either consciously or subconsciously that it is more and more impossible the more rounds one goes whilst nailing each round. It's instinctive in nature. I did point this out in my original post. I don't understand where the whole notion of somehow needing to explain the math to the audience in order for them to appreciate what's going on. This is nothing that needs to be done, the act itself instinctively feels harder to your audience the more rounds you go. This is an instance where you really just need to go out and do it rather than overthink the preamble.
Message: Posted by: atomic111 (Nov 7, 2018 12:09PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine [/quote]

This and the Jimmy Fallon video are pretty good. What was the Florida bit from?

By the way, he said think of a country or a city and the British guy went with a U.S. state.

And shouldn't we all have our own Jimmy Fallon audience?

I like both of these because it seemingly ups the probability factor that we are arguing about without having to guess which hand three or four more times.
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 7, 2018 12:34PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, atomic111 wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine [/quote]

This and the Jimmy Fallon video are pretty good. What was the Florida bit from?

By the way, he said think of a country or a city and the British guy went with a U.S. state.

And shouldn't we all have our own Jimmy Fallon audience?

I like both of these because it seemingly ups the probability factor that we are arguing about without having to guess which hand three or four more times. [/quote]

Look into Colin McLeod's work on which hand (or just watch his performances on YouTube). He uses which hand for something completely different. This is also a subject which Michael Murray discusses in A Piece of My Mind. Peter Turn has some work on this as well as Fraser Parker who most notably uses this concept in Memoria (thought linking I think it's referred to in A Piece of My Mind).
Message: Posted by: geordiediver (Nov 7, 2018 12:47PM)
I would like to second Colin McLeod's take on this.
There is a Penguin lecture by Colin which uses SS or scan 3d to do an amazing prediction.
Message: Posted by: gassaox (Nov 7, 2018 02:07PM)
Does this guy sell his items at Blackpool convention ?
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 7, 2018 03:16PM)
Kidsadookie you misunderstand me . Yes nailing 5 in a row is much greater odds but you almost need to tell the layman that as they presume itís 50/50 . Know my maths lol I am a professional gambler for a living :)
Magic is my hobby and part time job for pleasure gambling is my bread and butter :)
Message: Posted by: atomic111 (Nov 7, 2018 04:04PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, atomic111 wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine [/quote]

This and the Jimmy Fallon video are pretty good. What was the Florida bit from?

By the way, he said think of a country or a city and the British guy went with a U.S. state.

And shouldn't we all have our own Jimmy Fallon audience?

I like both of these because it seemingly ups the probability factor that we are arguing about without having to guess which hand three or four more times. [/quote]

Look into Colin McLeod's work on which hand (or just watch his performances on YouTube). He uses which hand for something completely different. This is also a subject which Michael Murray discusses in A Piece of My Mind. Peter Turn has some work on this as well as Fraser Parker who most notably uses this concept in Memoria (thought linking I think it's referred to in A Piece of My Mind). [/quote]

Thanks for that!
Message: Posted by: geordiediver (Nov 7, 2018 04:48PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Kidsadookie you misunderstand me . Yes nailing 5 in a row is much greater odds but you almost need to tell the layman that as they presume itís 50/50 . Know my maths lol I am a professional gambler for a living :)
Magic is my hobby and part time job for pleasure gambling is my bread and butter :) [/quote]

And he spells maths correctly 😉
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 7, 2018 06:04PM)
I did didnít I lol :)
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 8, 2018 12:41PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Kidsadookie you misunderstand me . Yes nailing 5 in a row is much greater odds but you almost need to tell the layman that as they presume itís 50/50 . Know my maths lol I am a professional gambler for a living :)
Magic is my hobby and part time job for pleasure gambling is my bread and butter :) [/quote]

Like I've pointed out, the more rounds you go the more impressive it is to the audience. It's practically instinctive because they may not know the details of the math but it's instinctive logic. This is why it naturally gets MORE impressive the more times you nail it in a row. The first one obviously it's a lucky guess, second one is possibly a lucky guess, by the third round they typically start wondering how you know (majority of times by the third round I am being asked if I see it in their eyes, etc. without me having to direct them into that frame of thought). Perhaps you are presuming that the audience thinks it's simply always 50/50 because as you have pointed out, gambling is your bread and butter thus you are thinking of odds. I assure you, the lay audience overall are not thinking that.
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 8, 2018 04:43PM)
Ok kissadookie I take your word on it and I get the odds completely . All the best Danny :)
Message: Posted by: Platt (Nov 9, 2018 09:52AM)
Each round is 50/50. But that's not the point. If I flip a coin heads 9 times in a row, the 10th flip is still 50/50 that it will come up heads. But collectively it's an extremely unlikely event. Even three in a row is 1/16 odds which is well beyond chance. 10 in a row is 1 in 2048. 20 in a row is 1 in 2,097,152. It's the same reason it seems within reason to fill out a flawless March Madness bracket (just a bunch of 50/50 chances) but collectively the odds are astronomically high that you'll make a mistake (1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808). The power of exponents. Worth explaining to audience.

1/2
1/4
1/16
1/32
1/64
1/128
1/256
1/512
1/1024
1/2048



[quote]On Nov 8, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Kidsadookie you misunderstand me . Yes nailing 5 in a row is much greater odds but you almost need to tell the layman that as they presume itís 50/50 . Know my maths lol I am a professional gambler for a living :)
Magic is my hobby and part time job for pleasure gambling is my bread and butter :) [/quote]

Like I've pointed out, the more rounds you go the more impressive it is to the audience. It's practically instinctive because they may not know the details of the math but it's instinctive logic. This is why it naturally gets MORE impressive the more times you nail it in a row. The first one obviously it's a lucky guess, second one is possibly a lucky guess, by the third round they typically start wondering how you know (majority of times by the third round I am being asked if I see it in their eyes, etc. without me having to direct them into that frame of thought). Perhaps you are presuming that the audience thinks it's simply always 50/50 because as you have pointed out, gambling is your bread and butter thus you are thinking of odds. I assure you, the lay audience overall are not thinking that. [/quote]
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 9, 2018 10:18AM)
[quote]On Nov 9, 2018, Platt wrote:
Each round is 50/50. But that's not the point. If I flip a coin heads 9 times in a row, the 10th flip is still 50/50 that it will come up heads. But collectively it's an extremely unlikely event. Even three in a row is 1/16 odds which is well beyond chance. 10 in a row is 1 in 2048. 20 in a row is 1 in 2,097,152. It's the same reason it seems within reason to fill out a flawless March Madness bracket (just a bunch of 50/50 chances) but collectively the odds are astronomically high that you'll make a mistake (1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808). The power of exponents. Worth explaining to audience.

1/2
1/4
1/16
1/32
1/64
1/128
1/256
1/512
1/1024
1/2048



[quote]On Nov 8, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Kidsadookie you misunderstand me . Yes nailing 5 in a row is much greater odds but you almost need to tell the layman that as they presume itís 50/50 . Know my maths lol I am a professional gambler for a living :)
Magic is my hobby and part time job for pleasure gambling is my bread and butter :) [/quote]

Like I've pointed out, the more rounds you go the more impressive it is to the audience. It's practically instinctive because they may not know the details of the math but it's instinctive logic. This is why it naturally gets MORE impressive the more times you nail it in a row. The first one obviously it's a lucky guess, second one is possibly a lucky guess, by the third round they typically start wondering how you know (majority of times by the third round I am being asked if I see it in their eyes, etc. without me having to direct them into that frame of thought). Perhaps you are presuming that the audience thinks it's simply always 50/50 because as you have pointed out, gambling is your bread and butter thus you are thinking of odds. I assure you, the lay audience overall are not thinking that. [/quote] [/quote]

I get what you're saying and that's one direction that one can go into and make entertaining (it's a presentation which makes something like the Magic Square incredibly entertaining and amazing). My overall point however is that it is in my opinion and having performed a lot of which hand, the audience themselves appear to be more impressed the more times you nail it in a row which would suggest that they instinctively/inherently understand the impossibility of it without it having to be explicitly spelled out to them and if that is the case then the whole notion of "which hand sucks because it's just 50/50" is null because clearly the way they react to which hand effects (at least when I perform it) would suggest that they are not sitting/standing there thinking "pffft, it's just 50/50, not impressive."

Perhaps they do think it's just 50/50 and what actually is happening and getting the reactions is that they are intentionally hoping to outwit you and have you miss and what's impressive is that you are able to overcome their intentional plan to foil you. That's possible as well but however you look at it, in practice, the plot and effect consistently plays well and never have I had to go into explaining to the audience about the mathematical impossibility of it all.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Nov 9, 2018 11:41AM)
Whether it's flipping a coin, shooting a basket, or sinking a putt, OR even guessing which hand...People know instinctively and from their own life experiences that doing anything many times in a row is much more difficult that simply doing it once.

However, for entertainments sake I do usually mention that the first time may have been 50/50 but the odds go up exponentially each time. Many people do not really know what exponentially means but they know it's a REALLY BIG number.
Message: Posted by: Dannyflek (Nov 9, 2018 11:55AM)
The only reason as a professional gambler I raised this issue is I actually work on a tiny fractional profit compounded everyday . The rewards on this are huge and of course I donít make this type of money , but how many lay people would realise that if you started with 1 penny and doubled that everyday ie heads or tails 50/50 etc . After 30 days that penny would have compounded to 5 million dollars . Trust me that needs explaining to most people , that was the main point I was trying to raise earlier .
Anyway a very interesting thread :)
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Nov 9, 2018 12:26PM)
[quote]On Nov 9, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
The only reason as a professional gambler I raised this issue is I actually work on a tiny fractional profit compounded everyday . The rewards on this are huge and of course I donít make this type of money , but how many lay people would realise that if you started with 1 penny and doubled that everyday ie heads or tails 50/50 etc . After 30 days that penny would have compounded to 5 million dollars . Trust me that needs explaining to most people , that was the main point I was trying to raise earlier .
Anyway a very interesting thread :) [/quote]

Good point. I would however like to point out this:

For MLM, 15 levels down and you run out of the number of people in the world. Even with this fact, Herbal Life is alive and well regardless of how well known this fact is.

Point being? Feels over reals bruh. Ha ha ha ha ha.
Message: Posted by: Juno-How (Dec 10, 2018 02:13AM)
Anyone know of a UK dealer with this in stock? Thanks
Message: Posted by: John C (Dec 10, 2018 04:19AM)
[quote]On Dec 10, 2018, Juno-How wrote:
Anyone know of a UK dealer with this in stock? Thanks [/quote]

How about any dealer. Go for a scan 3d
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Dec 10, 2018 07:23AM)
Should be back in stock next week sometime.
Message: Posted by: Deano88 (Dec 10, 2018 09:53AM)
[quote]On Dec 10, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Should be back in stock next week sometime. [/quote]

If that's true that's great :)
Message: Posted by: magusofpower (Dec 11, 2018 08:56AM)
Stevens Magic has received another very limited supply of Sixth Sense 3.0. It qualifies for free worldwide shipping and is scheduled to ship out on Dec. 15th. They will go very fast!
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Dec 11, 2018 09:32AM)
If Stevens has it in stock, why is it not shipping until the 15th? That doesn't make sense to me
Message: Posted by: magusofpower (Dec 11, 2018 09:41AM)
Perhaps an agreement with the creator. Iím not affiliated with Stevens Magic in any way. I just purchased one from them and wanted to share the information. Check out their site for yourself. Sorry if it doesnít make sense to you but itís the truth.
Message: Posted by: magusofpower (Dec 11, 2018 09:50AM)
Stevens was one of only a handful of shops who were provided Sixth Sense 3.0 when it originally went on the market in June. They may not have the next batch in their store yet but are allowed to sell so many which will ship on the 15th (only speculating as I am not affiliated with them). It may ship from Stevens or it may ship directly from Hugo (not sure). But they are showing it shipping free world-wide on the 15th of December. Stevens is highly reputable so I wouldnít think they are misleading anyone.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Dec 11, 2018 10:47PM)
If anyone has been wanting this I just put a post in the for sale forum.
It is absolutely just like new so you may as well save yourself some money..

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=76&topic=681120
Message: Posted by: MF Tom (Dec 19, 2018 01:32PM)
We have a very limited quantity in stock and ready for shipping at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/sixth-sense-3-by-hugo-shelley

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: *double-A-magic* (Dec 20, 2018 03:31AM)
Are there any reviews on this yet? Is it worth the money? (I know thatís subjective but after a general opinion) Is it reliable?

I expected these to fly out of stock as theyíd been off the market for so long but theyíre still showing for sale
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Dec 20, 2018 08:17AM)
Personally I love mine. I used it at my gig for L'Oreal without fail, and I carry it with me all the time. This is my first magnetic detection device, so I cant compare it to others, but I'm very happy with it!
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (Dec 20, 2018 08:40AM)
I have both Scan3D and SS3 and while SS3 is a bit bigger, I like it better. Everything is self contained in the unit and the fact you can play on parameters such as sensibility with the app on your phone.

Now I'm waiting for Flux to arrive, maybe it will replace my SS3.

I even had a special leather wristband with a secret compartment so I can have my SS3 on me at all time !
Message: Posted by: AlexanderG (Dec 20, 2018 08:49AM)
Pros and cons of different detectable objects (e.g., half dollars, quarters, rings, small magnets, etc.). Would be very interested in the preferences of experienced workers. Thanks.
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Dec 20, 2018 09:08AM)
I've used both a magnetic Loonie (Keupers) and a magnetic US quarter (Tango). Both were easily detected
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 20, 2018 05:23PM)
My go to is a Keupers Canadian quarter. Works great.
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Dec 20, 2018 10:05PM)
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
I have both Scan3D and SS3 and while SS3 is a bit bigger, I like it better. Everything is self contained in the unit and the fact you can play on parameters such as sensibility with the app on your phone.

Now I'm waiting for Flux to arrive, maybe it will replace my SS3.

I even had a special leather wristband with a secret compartment so I can have my SS3 on me at all time ! [/quote]

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

SS3 literally needs to be shut off and on again if it gets magnetized.
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 21, 2018 03:15PM)
I have never had either SS2 or 3 become magnetized and I store my magnetic coins beside the units with no issue. That was my biggest issue with SCAN 3D. Will carrying and storing the magnetic coin beside FLUX be an issue? I know you don't have to carry them together but old habits are hard to break and for me they invariably end up next to each other in my pocket :) Also not sure how much faster the read can be? It is immediate with my SS3 and seemed essentially immediate with the SCAN 3D I used to own. Am looking forward to having a look at Flux at Magi Fest. This is still one of my main go to effects.

Cheers,

John
Message: Posted by: danieltirado (Dec 23, 2018 08:15AM)
One of my christmas gifts for myself! Wohoiii, lets see how it compares to the Promystic one...
Message: Posted by: Oil&Water (Dec 23, 2018 03:09PM)
I agree with John the biggest downfall with scan 3d was the recalibrating it did constantly. Itís far better without that feature if you can store the items together. Olly
Message: Posted by: richi (Dec 27, 2018 07:30AM)
[quote]On Dec 23, 2018, danieltirado wrote:
One of my christmas gifts for myself! Wohoiii, lets see how it compares to the Promystic one... [/quote]


It's back in stock? I'm trying to buy it, but it's out stock everywhere.
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 27, 2018 10:06AM)
Several dealers seem to have it in stock including Hocus Pocus.
Message: Posted by: MF Tom (Dec 27, 2018 12:04PM)
We have only a few units left we provide sameday shipping.

You can get yours at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/sixth-sense-3-by-hugo-shelley

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: Pete Legend (Dec 27, 2018 12:15PM)
I've bought items from Tom in the past and can vouch for Mystique Factory - excellent service!
Message: Posted by: Martin.Lester (Dec 27, 2018 05:20PM)
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
I have both Scan3D and SS3 and while SS3 is a bit bigger, I like it better. Everything is self contained in the unit and the fact you can play on parameters such as sensibility with the app on your phone.

Now I'm waiting for Flux to arrive, maybe it will replace my SS3.

I even had a special leather wristband with a secret compartment so I can have my SS3 on me at all time ! [/quote]

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

SS3 literally needs to be shut off and on again if it gets magnetized. [/quote]

I am waiting for mine to arrive but sounds to me this is the way to go no point in paying $100 more , especially when you can get a much better product from Craig

That is superior in every way , plus Craig customer service is one of the best in the business
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 27, 2018 08:37PM)
Other than a cheaper price have yet to clearly understand how FLUX is "superior in every way" Read is instant with SS3 and it does not have a button to push to demagnetize because it does not "magnetize". As mentioned above that was a frustrating issue with SCAN 3D, sounds like it may still be an issue with FLUX otherwise not sure why a button is needed to demagnetize. Am not slamming FLUX I hope it's a good product but I think it is unfair to come on the Sixth Sense thread and say this product is superior in every way without facts to back it up. I have tried and owned most all of the options to this point (have not tried FLUX yet)... to be honest I am reluctant given my disappointing experience with SCAN 3D.
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 28, 2018 11:42AM)
Yes, I think it is too early to say that FLUX is superior in every way, although I have ordered one. For instance, you can't modify any settings like sensitivity on the FLUX device. By the way, Saturnmagic is selling SS3.0 for £220 ($280), which is significantly cheaper than I've seen it in stock anywhere else (at least outside of the US).
Message: Posted by: Oil&Water (Dec 28, 2018 12:04PM)
I must agree with John Talbot on this, this thread is about SS3 and not Flux and I havenít seen anybody who can give a fair unbiased comparison as of yet.
I too donít really want a function to answer a problem (ie needing to recalibrate) when it shouldnít have this problem in the first place? SS3 doesnít have this problem and itís far better not to have to worry about putting your device next other accessories (magnets or otherwise) in your pockets. Olly
Message: Posted by: JackMagic (Dec 28, 2018 12:06PM)
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Other than a cheaper price have yet to clearly understand how FLUX is "superior in every way" Read is instant with SS3 and it does not have a button to push to demagnetize because it does not "magnetize". As mentioned above that was a frustrating issue with SCAN 3D, sounds like it may still be an issue with FLUX otherwise not sure why a button is needed to demagnetize. Am not slamming FLUX I hope it's a good product but I think it is unfair to come on the Sixth Sense thread and say this product is superior in every way without facts to back it up. I have tried and owned most all of the options to this point (have not tried FLUX yet)... to be honest I am reluctant given my disappointing experience with SCAN 3D. [/quote]

Have you not read this

[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

SS3 literally needs to be shut off and on again if it gets magnetized. [/quote]

Considering he has been using this for well over a month , I think we can take it as read that this is a better product as he used to use SS until this came along
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 28, 2018 12:43PM)
My ONLY issue with my SS3, is that it is very difficult to turn on and off. The button doesnít work easily..
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 28, 2018 12:57PM)
[quote]On Dec 28, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
My ONLY issue with my SS3, is that it is very difficult to turn on and off. The button doesnít work easily.. [/quote]
Do you share John Talbot's experience of the unit not getting magnetized?
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 28, 2018 03:47PM)
[quote]On Dec 28, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
[quote]On Dec 27, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Other than a cheaper price have yet to clearly understand how FLUX is "superior in every way" Read is instant with SS3 and it does not have a button to push to demagnetize because it does not "magnetize". As mentioned above that was a frustrating issue with SCAN 3D, sounds like it may still be an issue with FLUX otherwise not sure why a button is needed to demagnetize. Am not slamming FLUX I hope it's a good product but I think it is unfair to come on the Sixth Sense thread and say this product is superior in every way without facts to back it up. I have tried and owned most all of the options to this point (have not tried FLUX yet)... to be honest I am reluctant given my disappointing experience with SCAN 3D. [/quote]

Have you not read this

[quote]On Dec 20, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

SS3 literally needs to be shut off and on again if it gets magnetized. [/quote]

Considering he has been using this for well over a month , I think we can take it as read that this is a better product as he used to use SS until this came along [/quote]

Yes I read that and I responded immediately below Brett's post..

[quote]On Dec 21, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
I have never had either SS2 or 3 become magnetized and I store my magnetic coins beside the units with no issue. That was my biggest issue with SCAN 3D. Will carrying and storing the magnetic coin beside FLUX be an issue? I know you don't have to carry them together but old habits are hard to break and for me they invariably end up next to each other in my pocket :) Also not sure how much faster the read can be? It is immediate with my SS3 and seemed essentially immediate with the SCAN 3D I used to own. Am looking forward to having a look at Flux at Magi Fest. This is still one of my main go to effects.

Cheers,

John [/quote]

As I have stated numerous times after extensive use Sixth Sense both 2.5 and 3 have never become "magnetized" or need re calibration for me so saying that FLUX has a button to instantly re calibrate it does not seem like a plus to me (yes if comparing to SCAN 3D). Also the read is instant with SS3 so not sure how FLUX can be that much better or faster or why it needs to be. I have no ax to grind with FLUX but again phrases like "clearly superior" or "game changer" are not helpful without the facts to justify why. I am sure it is an improvement over the previous SCAN 3D just have not seen or heard anything yet to suggest why it is better than Sixth Sense 3. I look forward to trying it and discussing it with Craig at Magi Fest... if it truly is superior over Sixth Sense 3 will be happy to report that.

John
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 28, 2018 03:52PM)
I will be receiving both FLUX and SS3.0 within the coming days, hopefully by Monday. I will write up a comparison then.
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 29, 2018 01:17PM)
I just got SS3.0 today (and hopefully FLUX on monday). When I put a magnet directly next to the device, it stops working for a few seconds or so. I assume that this is the device getting magnetised. However, it starts working again pretty quickly afterwards, so it seems to me that it can recognise when it has become magnetised and reset itself.
Message: Posted by: Craig333 (Dec 29, 2018 02:20PM)
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Cafť I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock ;)
Message: Posted by: Oil&Water (Dec 29, 2018 02:55PM)
Psyfi thanks for the quick review and of course it will attract to a magnet and do that, the important thing is when away from a magnet that was say in your pocket it works again immediately. Scan 3d didnít do that and infact it could even magnetise itself on the magnetic coin on occasions when doing the routine itself. If you opted for a lesser strength magnetic coin it then didnít always pick up at all with a mans hand. So SS3 sounds great and I am sure the Flux product has addressed the previous which hand problems promystic have had. Olly
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 29, 2018 03:18PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Cafť I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock ;) [/quote]

Out of curiosity did you receive an extra button with your SS3.0? I only ask because the PDF file on Hugo's website states that an extra button is included just in case the button wears out, but I noticed that I didn't receive one (not that it matters too much).
Message: Posted by: videoman (Dec 29, 2018 03:23PM)
Have owned and used Scan 3D, SS3, and now Flux.
My personal favorite is Flux. But there is not a significant difference between them IMO. They're all reasonably similar in size and sensitivity.
If you prefer having a separate receiver, then Scan 3D is your choice. If you prefer an app to control some of the variables, then SS3 is your choice.
If you prefer getting the same functionality for $100 less, then Flux is your choice.

No question that the PM products are going to give you 1000 times better customer service. Hugo Shelley seems to vanish for long periods of time.

If you own any one of the 3 there is no great reason to buy another.
Brett has been touting the speed of Flux but honestly I have never felt the other 2 were in any way slow, so that is a moot point IMO.
S3D and SS3 are rechargeable. Flux uses 2 small, inexpensive batteries that are easy to change. I have no preference on the battery issue.

The biggest difference is price.
I do like the haptic feedback of Flux, but I prefer the housing of both SS3 and S3D. The finger shell with Flux needs some improvement IMO. I like the idea of it but the actual product needs further work and if I know Craig, it will continue to be improved. I currently use Flux removed from the finger shell and wrapped in flesh tape. I prefer to finger palm the device while others prefer having it attached to their wrist or something similar.

I never had issues of S3D becoming magnetized but others have said that they have and fortunately SS3 and Flux have seemed to solve that problem.

So again, they all do the job pretty much equally well. The biggest difference is cost.
If you already have one you are happy with then stick with it. If you are in the market for one then Flux is the one I would recommend, followed by SS3 and S3D in that order. But you really can't go wrong with any of them.
Message: Posted by: Craig333 (Dec 29, 2018 03:44PM)
Nice Review Videoman I kinda thought they would all be much the same tbh but for me being in the UK ss3 at £220 was prob less than Flux which would have been $199 plus shipping and UK customs tax

so I guess being in the US or the UK needs to be taken into account if you're going on price alone

[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Psyfl wrote:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Cafť I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock ;) [/quote]

Out of curiosity did you receive an extra button with your SS3.0? I only ask because the PDF file on Hugo's website states that an extra button is included just in case the button wears out, but I noticed that I didn't receive one (not that it matters too much). [/quote]

no extra button mate.
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 29, 2018 04:12PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Nice Review Videoman I kinda thought they would all be much the same tbh but for me being in the UK ss3 at £220 was prob less than Flux which would have been $199 plus shipping and UK customs tax

so I guess being in the US or the UK needs to be taken into account if you're going on price alone

[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Psyfl wrote:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Cafť I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock ;) [/quote]

Out of curiosity did you receive an extra button with your SS3.0? I only ask because the PDF file on Hugo's website states that an extra button is included just in case the button wears out, but I noticed that I didn't receive one (not that it matters too much). [/quote]

no extra button mate. [/quote]

I assume that the extra button was removed from later shipments then, presumably because they decided it wasn't necessary. Thanks for letting me know.
Message: Posted by: Expertmagician (Dec 29, 2018 09:01PM)
Does anyone know which company has the strongest magnetic US quarter ?

Yes, I know that half dollars are stronger. But, I prefer to borrow a quarter and switch vs. using a half which most people do not carry.
I obviously care more about the magnetic field flux distance / range through the back of a hand vs. the actual attractive power of the magnet to metal or another magnet to trigger SS3.

Thoughts ?

Johnson, Tango ? etc. for a magnetic US quarter ?
Message: Posted by: Santi (Dec 30, 2018 02:42PM)
Can the SS3 be opened to change the battery?
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 30, 2018 02:56PM)
[quote]On Dec 30, 2018, Santi wrote:
Can the SS3 be opened to change the battery? [/quote]

There are certainly no instructions on how to do that or any mention of it being a possibility (unlike Hugo's Insight product which advertises replaceable battery as a feature), so I would say no.
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Dec 30, 2018 05:13PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Expertmagician wrote:
Does anyone know which company has the strongest magnetic US quarter ?

Yes, I know that half dollars are stronger. But, I prefer to borrow a quarter and switch vs. using a half which most people do not carry.
I obviously care more about the magnetic field flux distance / range through the back of a hand vs. the actual attractive power of the magnet to metal or another magnet to trigger SS3.

Thoughts ?

Johnson, Tango ? etc. for a magnetic US quarter ? [/quote]

I can safely say that you will be fine with any current magnetic quarter. I use quarters from Roy Keuppers and they work great. I have an old relatively weak quarter made by Eddie Gibson and I can still read that through the back of a hand. That is with SS3 but assume that FLUX will be the same in that regard.

Santi, I have opened the case for SS3 because I am curious but don't think an average person would DIY anything inside. I have been using my SS3 pretty regularly for close to a year and a half with no signs of any battery issues so anticipate it lasting a long time. To be honest I will probably lose it before the battery gives out :)

Great review videoman, thanks.

John
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Dec 30, 2018 05:23PM)
If anyone finds out a solution to the button issue, please let me know! Iíve thought about putting my own button in there or something.. Because it really is awful to turn on and off!
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Dec 30, 2018 05:26PM)
[quote]On Dec 30, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
If anyone finds out a solution to the button issue, please let me know! Iíve thought about putting my own button in there or something.. Because it really is awful to turn on and off! [/quote]

I find it easy to press the button just by making sure to use the tip of the finger, but then again I think my fingers are particularly small.
Message: Posted by: Expertmagician (Dec 30, 2018 09:54PM)
Thanks...I have not heard of Roy Keuppers coins before.
Message: Posted by: Philippe (Jan 1, 2019 10:05AM)
Does a coin come with SS3 or FLUX?
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Jan 1, 2019 10:07AM)
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, Philippe wrote:
Does a coin come with SS3 or FLUX? [/quote]

No, you will have to get a magnetic coin separately.
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Jan 1, 2019 12:46PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

[/quote]

You are wrong. I guarantee SS3 is quite inferior in terms of the technology used.

Promystic invented/developed the original technology. If you donít own Flux, you will never know what you missed. Oh well.
Message: Posted by: Expertmagician (Jan 1, 2019 02:45PM)
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, Psyfl wrote:
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, Philippe wrote:
Does a coin come with SS3 or FLUX? [/quote]

No, you will have to get a magnetic coin separately. [/quote]

That is why I was asking about which magnetic quarters work best and have the largest range through the back of someone's hand.
Message: Posted by: Yepski (Jan 1, 2019 02:55PM)
I have the Tango Magic magnetic quarter and it works great through the hands and for heads/tails identification
Message: Posted by: J M Talbot (Jan 1, 2019 05:27PM)
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

[/quote]

You are wrong. I guarantee SS3 is quite inferior in terms of the technology used.

Promystic invented/developed the original technology. If you donít own Flux, you will never know what you missed. Oh well. [/quote]

Brett, with utmost respect I am struggling to fairly understand how FLUX is that much better? How is the SS3 technology inferior? These strong statements feel a little hollow without facts to illustrate the claims. I have no doubt that FLUX is a good product, just don't know why the slam on Sixth Sense which has proven to be a solid product. You used to use Sixth Sense prior to SCAN 3D and spoke highly of it then. I trust your opinions Brett but this feels a little unfair.
Message: Posted by: Psyfl (Jan 1, 2019 05:34PM)
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

[/quote]

You are wrong. I guarantee SS3 is quite inferior in terms of the technology used.

Promystic invented/developed the original technology. If you donít own Flux, you will never know what you missed. Oh well. [/quote]

Brett, with utmost respect I am struggling to fairly understand how FLUX is that much better? How is the SS3 technology inferior? These strong statements feel a little hollow without facts to illustrate the claims. I have no doubt that FLUX is a good product, just don't know why the slam on Sixth Sense which has proven to be a solid product. You used to use Sixth Sense prior to SCAN 3D and spoke highly of it then. I trust your opinions Brett but this feels a little unfair. [/quote]

I agree that Brett's statements are too strong. There are advantages and disadvantages to both devices.
Message: Posted by: Oil&Water (Jan 2, 2019 03:34PM)
Brett appears to be Craigís best mate according to my assumptions on my limited time on here. Brett even voted for his own svenpads on the best trick of 2018 thread, what a joke lol Olly
Message: Posted by: JackMagic (Jan 2, 2019 04:07PM)
What you need to understand is that unlike other people,
Promystic is custom made components

Everyone else uses off the shelf components

This and the Excellent Customer Service put Craig way above everyone else
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (Jan 3, 2019 03:06AM)
I've been using my Sixth Sense 3 on a Daily basis for the last half year and it's efficient, reliable and very good for the price.
Message: Posted by: MF Tom (Jan 11, 2019 06:36AM)
Hi Guys we offer Sixth Sense 3 10% OFF only for 24 hours so you can save 30 usd.

You can get it at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/sixth-sense-3-by-hugo-shelley

Best,
Tom
Message: Posted by: Oil&Water (Jan 11, 2019 02:31PM)
Jack I agree with Craigís customer service and although his products are very very good they are not all perfect . My real die is a gem and so is my Color match crayons . The rest have been a bit, hit and miss like a lot of electronic effects especially his which hands thus far.
I am hoping with flux that he has cracked it now though, and SS3 also seems very very solid by Hugo but his customer service unfortunately is pretty poor. Olly
Message: Posted by: Craig333 (Jan 11, 2019 09:53PM)
Saysold1 I may have missed out (it certainly wouldn't be the first time) I'm sure Flux is a super product, I would be very surprised if it wasn't tbh but sometimes all we have to go off are peoples opinions and you seemed to be the only one raving about flux vs a lot more different posters raving ss3. I can now also be added to that list as ss3 is super cool ;)
Message: Posted by: Nejuta (Jan 21, 2019 09:05AM)
Hello.
Question to all who bought directly on Hugo's site previously:
I've paid for SS3 and only mail that I have received is about my payment but nothing about shipment etc
Almost a week has past and I send mail about "what is status with my order". But still has no info ((

Already read in this discussion that often Hugo does not reply on any messages and questions.

Has anyone received her or his package from hugoshelley site despite the lack of information about order ?
Message: Posted by: Martin.Lester (Jan 21, 2019 10:32AM)
A few years ago I used to have several electronic devices

But now I stick with Craig

Simply put when your paying top amount for electronics waiting a week or more does not cut it

I have read time and time that Hugo does not reply quick

With Craig you can get a reply in most cases within a few hours this what sets him apart from the rest
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Feb 22, 2019 07:29AM)
[quote]On Jun 27, 2018, Bad jelly wrote:
I'm noticing from many posts on here, his customer service record is not great. [/quote]


:lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol:


Although I have to say that ONCE I had an actual reply form Hugo. I wish I had kept it as it turns out it is quite a rare thing.

The Worst thing is my emails to him were inquiries about buying his stuff. He missed out on sales. Oh well.

David
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Feb 23, 2019 01:05PM)
[quote]On Jan 21, 2019, Martin.Lester wrote:

I have read time and time that Hugo does not reply quick

[/quote]


Hi Martin, I could look at my sent emails and let you know how many have been answered.... But its a very low number. In fact the last 4 times I have emailed him (via the email listed on his own website) he has not replied at all. In essence, I think your sentence could lose the word quick and still be accurate (at least by my experiences over the past 2 years). I also know several others who have had the same problem. It's not like we are wanting to complain or had difficult customer service issues that needed sorting... no, we wanted to buy off him. But nothing, not a sausage.


[quote]On Jan 21, 2019, Martin.Lester wrote:
But now I stick with Craig

Simply put when your paying top amount for electronics waiting a week or more does not cut it

With Craig, you can get a reply in most cases within a few hours this what sets him apart from the rest [/quote]

I disagree about waiting a week If I am paying "top dollar", I don't mind waiting a week or so for delivery or even for communication as long as I know it is coming. With Promystic I know that the reply IS coming AND that they will go out of their way to help and support. I simply don't have the confidence in Hugo. I had SS2 and ditched in preference of the much smaller SCAN3D and the knowledge that if it stopped working or I needed customer support Craig would be there. The other reason I decided against SS2 was that as I am seated all the time I was finding that I made contact with the spectator and they felt the vibration. So scan 3D made sense from the point of view of not vibrating at all.

I love Scan 3D, however, I just picked up Flux at Blackpool and I love that now as well. It lives in my pocket now and I use it daily. It is great. Ok the shell is a little "baggy" but I have skinny fingers. I'm contemplating a trim (the shell not the fingers). The reason I picked up this as well as scan 3D is that it will let me use other Promystic stuff at the same time. Also, I don't mind leaving it in my pocket as its that bit cheaper. For those worrying about import duty etc and were not at Blackpool, Prop Dog carries Flux.

I have seen SS3 and it looks OK - but it's a no brainer for me as the customer service angle is important to me - so I go Promystic over others.

Also, I am aware of other shall we say 'ethical' issues and that is partly why I will stay with Promystic over other manufacturers (certainly will not be going to the new company that was at Blackpool in the upstairs dealer hall). To me, in this small world of Magic Dealers/producers the ones who provide excellent customer service as well as awesome routines, props etc are the ones I will stick with.
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Feb 23, 2019 01:22PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Nice Review Videoman I kinda thought they would all be much the same tbh but for me being in the UK ss3 at £220 was prob less than Flux which would have been $199 plus shipping and UK customs tax

so I guess being in the US or the UK needs to be taken into account if you're going on price alone. [/quote]


Prop Dog has them for sale so there is no need to take tax etc into account.
Message: Posted by: Magic Mark (Feb 24, 2019 10:30AM)
Two questions:

Is it safe for someone with an implanted cardiac pacemaker to use one of these devices? Pacemaker patients are advised to keep magnetics and anything generating a strong magnetic field (motors, etc) away from their pacemakers. A magnetic half dollar isn't a concern UNLESS it's placed fairly close to the pacemaker (inches). Does SS3 generate a magnetic field as part of its detection process? If I forget to turn it off and drop it into my left breast pocket (near my pacemaker), is there a danger?

Also, would SS3 have an adverse effect on a fine mechanical watch? If it's generating a magnetic field of its own, is it possible wearing an SS3 under your watchband could result in magnetizing part of the watch's internal mechanism?

Mark
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Feb 24, 2019 12:38PM)
[quote]On Feb 24, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Two questions:

Is it safe for someone with an implanted cardiac pacemaker to use one of these devices? Pacemaker patients are advised to keep magnetics and anything generating a strong magnetic field (motors, etc) away from their pacemakers. A magnetic half dollar isn't a concern UNLESS it's placed fairly close to the pacemaker (inches). Does SS3 generate a magnetic field as part of its detection process? If I forget to turn it off and drop it into my left breast pocket (near my pacemaker), is there a danger?

Also, would SS3 have an adverse effect on a fine mechanical watch? If it's generating a magnetic field of its own, is it possible wearing an SS3 under your watchband could result in magnetizing part of the watch's internal mechanism?

Mark [/quote]

don't quote me on this and I am not liable for fibrillating pacemakers....

But if SS3 detects magnetic fields it cant generate one .... or else it would be going off all the time regardless of if there were a magnet around. I am just using logic here.... Not suggesting you put it next to a pacemaker.

On another thought ... once it detects a magnetic field a current will be created (presumably a reed switch is closed?) then the electrical current passing along a wire will generate a small magnetic field. I would assume this would be a tiny magnetic field.

Just my thoughts ... not legally binding.... or advice... in other words don't try it and sue me if it goes rectum over pectorial.

Kindest regards

David
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Feb 24, 2019 12:48PM)
Sorry didn't address the watch part....

Again I assume that SS3 doesn't generate a magnetic field (see above). But I am pretty sure I read above that if its sensitivity is set to high then a metallic watch band will trigger the sensor. I'm pretty sure I read that some were having that issue.

I also assume that your watch may well come into the magnetic field that your ss will be detected in which case it could be affected by the magnetic force? Judging by FLUX I don't think you need to be within that magnetic field for long enough to alter the watch.

Again just my thoughts and ideas no legally binding stuff....
Message: Posted by: prankmonster (Mar 30, 2019 09:18AM)
[quote]On Jan 21, 2019, Martin.Lester wrote:
A few years ago I used to have several electronic devices

But now I stick with Craig

Simply put when your paying top amount for electronics waiting a week or more does not cut it

I have read time and time that Hugo does not reply quick

With Craig you can get a reply in most cases within a few hours this what sets him apart from the rest [/quote]

Craig is without a shadow of doubt the best that I have dealt with. He sits on top of that throne in terms of professionalism and customer service.

That being said, I myself had no problem getting replies from Hugo in 2017. It seems like Hugo hasn't released anything new in a while. Maybe he is deep in the R&D on something new.
Message: Posted by: dave_matkin (Mar 30, 2019 10:02AM)
[quote]On Mar 30, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
[quote]On Jan 21, 2019, Martin.Lester wrote:
A few years ago I used to have several electronic devices

But now I stick with Craig

Simply put when your paying top amount for electronics waiting a week or more does not cut it

I have read time and time that Hugo does not reply quick

With Craig you can get a reply in most cases within a few hours this what sets him apart from the rest [/quote]

Craig is without a shadow of doubt the best that I have dealt with. He sits on top of that throne in terms of professionalism and customer service.

That being said, I myself had no problem getting replies from Hugo in 2017. It seems like Hugo hasn't released anything new in a while. Maybe he is deep in the R&D on something new. [/quote]

Interesting, I had tried to contact Hugo several times in 2017 and nothing in terms of a reply. Last year and this year I Have had no reply at all. Nor has a friend of mine who has been trying to contact Hugo many many times last year.

Being deep in R&D as maybe but if you're not going to reply to inquiries (that would probably lead to business) is surely doing nothing for that R&D when you get the item ready to produce.
Message: Posted by: prankmonster (Mar 30, 2019 10:43AM)
[quote]On Mar 30, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:

Interesting, I had tried to contact Hugo several times in 2017 and nothing in terms of a reply. Last year and this year I Have had no reply at all. Nor has a friend of mine who has been trying to contact Hugo many many times last year.

Being deep in R&D as maybe but if you're not going to reply to inquiries (that would probably lead to business) is surely doing nothing for that R&D when you get the item ready to produce. [/quote]

Hmmmm. You do make a valid point. I guess some great inventors are not the best at promoting themselves or what we understand as "customer care"

In 2017, I was in the process of purchasing In****t Pro and Hugo was very helpful with my questions right down to questions about the app and even what kind of "cheapest" iPhones I can acquire to make the effect work. Maybe my questions were easy to answer. I don't know man! My experience and the product quality has been great that if he releases something new, I probably would go for it. I understand other's have different experiences!
Message: Posted by: JackMagic (Mar 31, 2019 04:57AM)
I think Craig is the exception in that he produces his own items and offers excellent customer service

As Saturn Magic pointed out most producers pass on to dealers as they donít have the time to offer good customer service

As pointed out itís the same with Card Shark who takes weeks to post item and ignores emails

Hugo is the same his customer service does not cut it !
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Apr 1, 2019 02:25PM)
I have seen flux and it looks great, I m now on the waiting list, but sometimes my hands don't work so well.

I have SS3 and love it. Actually, I have 2, one as a spare.

I did have an issue when I first got it, detecting my Apple Watch when I wore it on the band, so I started wearing it on the other hand, and discovered a nice alternative, hide a watch under a cup...

Also, I discovered another way to use the device without having to wear it or hold it, and it works like a charm.

The other nice thing about SS3 is the app. the device can cue the phone, so you can have someone else do the detection and you get informed. Just a nice option, nothing I tried, but saw potential.
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Apr 2, 2019 03:46AM)
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

I have SS3 and love it. Actually, I have 2, one as a spare.

[b]Also, I discovered another way to use the device without having to wear it or hold it, and it works like a charm.[/b]
[/quote]

It will be so nice if you can please share your discovery. Thank you.

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Apr 2, 2019 10:31PM)
Thank you so much Tony for your PM.

[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

[b]The other nice thing about SS3 is the app. the device can cue the phone, so you can have someone else do the detection and you get informed[/b]. Just a nice option, nothing I tried, but saw potential. [/quote]

I own Hugo's Sixth Sense 3.0. Also I have played with Flux (my friend has it). IMO I find both (SS3 & Flux) to be almost equally sensitive, but I prefer the SS3 due to its advanced App based feature. And like Tony mentioned, one can do much more with the SS3 when used along with its App. Just my opinion.

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: RodrigoGrando (Apr 5, 2019 02:53PM)
Do you guys think that the SS3 could damage the TWatch if attached to the strap?

Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Apr 6, 2019 02:15AM)
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

Do you guys think that the SS3 could damage the TWatch if attached to the strap?
[/quote]

Though I haven't given it a try, but logically thinking the SS3 should have no effect on the 'T' watch. The reason being that the SS3 has no ma***t embedded inside its enclosure. It only has a ma***t detection sensor (known as Hall Effect Sensor) along with other related circuitry. Thus there seem to be no chance that the SS3 would damage the 'T' watch.

However chances are that if the SS3 is placed under the 'T' watch strap, the SS3 MIGHT behave erratically.

IMO the best way to use the SS3 or any other such detector would be, like I have already said:-

[quote]On Jun 7, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

. . . for such a tiny gizmo, use of a Wrist Sweatband (of reasonable width) will be much suitable[/b].
[/quote]

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: RodrigoGrando (Apr 6, 2019 03:35PM)
Thanks, Ustaad! As always, very informative.

Iím on the fence for months between SS3, Flux and Scan 3D.

Iím now more towards SS3. It seems to be the one that suits me best.
Message: Posted by: MRAC (Apr 7, 2019 01:14AM)
Hi Tony, would you mind sharing your discovery as I also have two. Thanks a lot and all the best ...


Also, I discovered another way to use the device without having to wear it or hold it, and it works like a charm.

The other nice thing about SS3 is the app. the device can cue the phone, so you can have someone else do the detection and you get informed. Just a nice option, nothing I tried, but saw potential. [/quote]
Message: Posted by: MagicBarMan (Jun 6, 2019 11:10AM)
Iíve owned all of them, this is great if you want to not have to hold it. They all do the same thing in basic regards to the effect. I do like the 3.0 in a bracelet, turn it on and donít worry about it.
Message: Posted by: Jed Maxwell (Jun 7, 2019 07:49AM)
What bracelet ideas are people using?

My SS3 is currently wrapped in flesh-colored tape and sticks in a finger palm with a glue dot.

It's a good setup but I can't lie, I have dropped it a few times!
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Jun 7, 2019 08:12AM)
It is too bad it wont fit in a Sharpie Marker. Hidden in plain site is sometimes the best way to go.
Message: Posted by: Jed Maxwell (Jun 7, 2019 09:42AM)
[quote]On Jun 7, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
It is too bad it wont fit in a Sharpie Marker. Hidden in plain site is sometimes the best way to go. [/quote]

I've often thought that a magnet detector could live within a fake FitBit. Or a watch. Or on a non-metal ring. Hmm...
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Jul 19, 2019 12:30AM)
Has anyone worn the SS3 with their turner watch? Do both still function in harmony together or is it a technical mess? Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Helldashx (Jul 20, 2019 02:36AM)
Has anyone used this coin for detection?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3852
how strong is it?

advise the strongest coin
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Jul 20, 2019 05:16PM)
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine [/quote]



Where is the which hand routine in this video published? Thanks.
Message: Posted by: JustJoshinMagic (Jul 21, 2019 09:54AM)
[quote]On Jul 19, 2019, strollingmagician wrote:
Has anyone worn the SS3 with their turner watch? Do both still function in harmony together or is it a technical mess? Thanks! [/quote]

I use both all the time. I keep my SS on my left wrist and my TW on my right. As with any highly sensitive magnetic detection devices, if you have something that is attracted to a magnet, without it being magnetic itself, it can give a false positive on the device (Ive tested this with Flux as well0. Something in the TW is either attracted to a magnet, or contains a magnetic field, so using SS under my TW will give false reads, but having them on opposite arms causes zero issues at all. Both are part of my EDC
Message: Posted by: geordiediver (Jul 22, 2019 01:34AM)
[quote]On Jul 20, 2019, strollingmagician wrote:
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
If I had it I would use it like this ,good routine [/quote]



Where is the which hand routine in this video published? Thanks. [/quote]

It's in Colin Mcleod penguin live lecture, not this exact routine but Colin gives you all you need to change it up to do this routine and a lot more.
Well worth a look IMHO :-)
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Sep 10, 2019 11:26AM)
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=37&topic=19036&start=1140#7

:xmas: