(Close Window)
Topic: Sudo Nimh
If you happen to be close to Sudo Nimh, please check in on him. He has disappeared (electronically) and isnít taking any messages. It looks like he deleted his Facebook account. I have reasons to be concerned about him, and have no way to reach him presently.

If there is anything someone can do, I hope they will. If Sudo just wants to be left alone for awhile, thatís understandable. But I do think that someone should check in on him anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Ben Blau
Ben,

Talking to him now.

FYI

Alex
Holy Mackeral ... SUDO NIMH ... PSEUDONYM ... I just got that!

To echo what John C said, he has given of himself freely on this forum. I truly hope he's okay. I understand there are occasional issues.

Oscar
[quote]On Jun 18, 2018, BMWGuy wrote:
Ben,

Talking to him now.

FYI

Alex [/quote]
That's good to know. He has been quiet everrywhere for a very long time.
I hope he is doing well and will be back soon.
I was just talking to him yesterday via facebook messenger. Hope everything is ok.
I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this...and I don't know how. I am touched that there are people who seemingly care for me, yet I don't know how to explain myself and why I'm such a mess of a person sometimes. I don't want anyone to worry about me, yet I don't know how to properly express that I'm not doing well.

It seems that everything I do is always the wrong thing to do and leads to some sort of controversy - even if I'm being quiet because I don't want people to see my condition right now. I'm just gonna shut up before I say something really stupid. Not that I have anything bad to say, but because there's no way to explain bipolar disorder and severe PTSD to those who don't have it and it's hopeless.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Now I am going to be stressed for having said anything at all...there's no winning. I shouldn't be here right now but I had to say something because I couldn't just let this thread sit unanswered. I will likely be banned for this mess of a post. Nobody wants to read this crap and I don't want anyone to read it either.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:
I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this...and I don't know how. I am touched that there are people who seemingly care for me, yet I don't know how to explain myself and why I'm such a mess of a person sometimes. I don't want anyone to worry about me, yet I don't know how to properly express that I'm not doing well.

It seems that everything I do is always the wrong thing to do and leads to some sort of controversy - even if I'm being quiet because I don't want people to see my condition right now. I'm just gonna shut up before I say something really stupid. Not that I have anything bad to say, but because there's no way to explain bipolar disorder and severe PTSD to those who don't have it and it's hopeless.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Now I am going to be stressed for having said anything at all...there's no winning. I shouldn't be here right now but I had to say something because I couldn't just let this thread sit unanswered. I will likely be banned for this mess of a post. Nobody wants to read this crap and I don't want anyone to read it either. [/quote]

It takes cojones to write something like this!
Talk to professionnals who can help you sort out the Gordian knot you seem entangled in, and be kind to yourself -- you're clearly one of the good ones!

Love
Morgaine xxx
Thanks for checking in Sudo. You are loved.
Sudo:

As best as I can tell, we are all for you and pulling for you, big time.

George
Sudo, I don't know you or will ever understand what you are going through as you said it would be difficult to explain. That being said I do care and wish you the best. I hope you are able to feel free and I hope the negative people in the world will keep their comments to themselves. We never know what someone is truly going through without walking in their shoes.
I don't know you Sudo but one thing that comes across to me is that you are one of the good guys!
Sudo, no explanation is necessary my friend. You do what is best for you.

Please know that there are many here, and elsewhere, who are pulling for you.

Best always,

Doug
[quote]On Jun 21, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Sudo:

As best as I can tell, we are all for you and pulling for you, big time.

George [/quote]

More than you know now, many, many people care about you and are concerned, but hopeful and optimistic....Best thoughts, Bill Meeker("Doc Ben")
[quote]On Jun 22, 2018, dcjames wrote:
Sudo, no explanation is necessary my friend. You do what is best for you.

Please know that there are many here, and elsewhere, who are pulling for you.
[/quote]
What he says.
Positive thoughts and encouragement are being sent your way.
I may not understand what weakness is making you stumble.
But that will not stop me from being there if I can keep you from falling.

Ed
You have friends here!

Doug
& what Mr. Doug just said! :)
Ditto from me. I read The Magic Cafť daily and care about the good guys that are honest here. Even though I have not personally met most of the people whose posts I read, they are important to me. Take care, good care and thanks for your openness. Many of us have been there too, be encouraged.
As someone who suffers from bipolar disorder and PTSD, I can tell you all that in my own personal experience, having a million people telling you they care doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Not to say that people who care should stay quiet, because of course that's not the case. But when it gets really bad, there isn't anything one can do to get out of the funk other than wait it out.

I use the term being "in a funk" because it's a much more palatable term than the reality of what it feels like to live through a manic episode or being borderline suicidal because you can't get your head right and everything feels wrong.

I want to repeat that I am not speaking for anyone but myself. I have no idea what Sudo is going through, but after watching his online interview, I definitely feel we have some common ground in our childhood.

I hope the best for you Sudo. Regardless of your current situation, remember it may be overwhelming, but it will soon pass and free you to enjoy yourself again.

I hate that anyone has to live through these types of situations. They're like being tortured by the absolute worst feelings possible for days on end.
HOPE! Cures all forms of depression. My Mentor once asked a group of Vets in a group therapy session "if I were to give you each as much money as you would ever need, how many of you think your problems would persist?" Not a hand went up in the room of about 20. Of course this is an over simplification and doesn't deal with their traumas but it illustrates the concept of HOPE as a cure.

It's my hope that anyone suffering from any mental illness can find something to have faith in and to focus on it during tough times. For me that's Jesus and the Bible but I do understand the difficulty in believing having battled my own demons.

And just for me and not trying to counter anyone, it helps me to know that there are others who no only care but understand. Reaching out to someone in need has helped me not only help others but selfishly help myself in the process.

So I ask at least in my case, that should I express a negative mental attitude in these forums, those who care please express positive support and loving inspiration to help me. Thank you.