(Close Window)
Topic: New Successful Novel by women author Inspired By Houdini And Female Houdini Dorothy Dietrich
Erin Callahan's hit new novel "The Art of Escaping" was inspired by pioneer escape artists Houdini and "Female Houdini" Dorothy Dietrich. Dietrich is mentioned several times in her novel. The book's on one of Barnes and Nobles Most Anticipated Books of 2018 lists, Kirkus gave it a Starred Review and is an Amazon 4+ star rated book.

Her book centers on 17-year-old Mattie, who is hiding her obsession with Houdini and Dorothy Dietrich from her classmates. Callahan wrote the book following an ongoing fascination with Dorothy Dietrich. "I'm honored to inspire a story like this," Dietrich says. "There's a generation of young people who may not know about Houdini, and escapology, but I think we're helping keep that art and history alive."

https://www.prlog.org/12714353-groundbreaking-escape-artists-houdini-and-dorothy-dietrich-are-the-inspiration-for-new-young-adult-novel-the-art-of-escaping.html
Free reading and signing Of the new novel at the Houdini Museum In Scranton July 14, 1433 N. Main Ave. There'll be a Question and Answer session between Callahan and Dietrich, and with those attending. Free refreshments will be served and free parking is available in the rear.
This reminds me of the time in Jr High(middle school??) in 1950 - my english teacher had us read a book - I read Houdini from scalastic books - we were to cast a Movie of the book - using current Stars - I cast Tony Curtis and Janet as Houdini & Bess - several years later the Houdini Movie came out staring Tony and Janet - Have an autographed Photo from Tony. Fun Fun Fun Ralph(russo)Rousseau
Amazing you should say that. There has been talk and feelers about making this a movie!