(Close Window)
Topic: Corner Splitter Jig
I've just released a new jig.

It splits cards.

http://www.theperfectshuffle.com/Corner-Splitter-Jig/
I just whack the corner on a hard surface.
Wow looks like a solid product. Man you split them quick.
[quote]On Aug 27, 2018, Pseudolus wrote:
I just whack the corner on a hard surface. [/quote]

Me too.
Beautiful thing Eoin!
I have always just banged the corner too, but if there's something that makes splitting cards less of a hassle I'm all for it, that being said... I don't think it's enough of a hassle to spend $114.00 on!
I'm sure it's the cost of materials/machining etc. Is there a way to make it cheaper? Maybe have one cheaper made of plastic/carbon fiber?

(Side note, I was unable to get the video on the site to play on my phone, so couldn't see it in action)
Here you go...

https://vimeo.com/286240939

No plans to make it in any other material, sorry.
[quote]On Sep 5, 2018, Eoin OHare wrote:

No plans to make it in any other material, sorry. [/quote]

Good!
Having Eoinís card jig, itís not just having a tool that can be made from a $20 paper cutter, itís almost like having a piece of art. I love the SS and the craftsmanship on all his work.

Jeff
Having purchased, received, and played with this... I give it a big thumbs up.

Yes... you can bang a corner on a hard surface, but that can be time consuming, and damaging to the finished product. This resolves that, and increased my split speed. Nice tool at the right price. Frankly, I would have paid a bit more, especially now that I have spent some time playing with it. If you only split a card once-a-year, then don't bother, but if you have a passion for gaffing you will love this tool!
Message: Posted by: Indistinguishable (Sep 24, 2018 04:51PM)
That looks like a beautiful bit of engineering Eoin - congratulations! Santa Claus will be making contact with you shortly to discuss delivery details.
Thanks guys!
Wow just saw this and looks amazing.....excellent idea
Special deal on the Corner Splitter Jig ends this week. Also check out the new Card Splitter Jig & Snaker special introduction price.
These new devices are designed to be used in conjunction with with the Corner Splitter Jig.

https://www.theperfectshuffle.com/
Getting my Breather jig delivered today!

So excited
Can someone explain why I might want to split a card?

Thanks
Judah, To make a gaff card with normal (or almost normal) thickness. Examples: a DF or a shim or a flap.
I would rather make a double thick short gimmick. don't make me refer you to the pro video I am basing this on.
Much easier to get in and out of the deck and to find it too.
Magi often want to work 100 times too hard. The spectator wont detect it. You can use it as a key card and

it is easier to get in, to find, and to get out of the deck. But if you want, make it just like another card and make your life way harder.
The video is by Montier by the way.
This looks great
Well that is a great toy. Well done.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
Magi often want to work 100 times too hard. The spectator wont detect it. You can use it as a key card and
it is easier to get in, to find, and to get out of the deck. But if you want, make it just like another card and make your life way harder.
The video is by Montier by the way. [/quote]

I get not working harder, but it isnít that much harder to spell out Magician instead of Magi....
Actually, I meant Magi. What I am asking for is using some wisdom, if it works with your usage of a gaff card.
In the gospel of Matthew, the term magi (from the original Greek) is used in an elevated sense, implying magicians,... can also be wise.

To me, this is fundamental in my use of magic. Magic is a spur to be creative and prosperous and to enjoy my life more. So this use of "magi" was intentional and not, as you implied, a lazy man's peccadillo.
I stand corrected......
I felt your posts were a little condescending, by implying that any Magician who doesnít automatically pursue the easy way is wasting their time. I would encourage any Magician who is exploring this area, to decide for yourself, if a technique is easy or hard or a waste of your time. By not exploring options, you might miss out on learning a new skill or idea that comes from trying out all a available options.
Hi Merlin,
Actually I agree with you. It is best to pursue all methods in magic . You never know which one will be most useful.
So I stand corrected and thank you for a great point! I recently experienced this with a new gaff deck I invented. I was trying to avoid it, but
I found that splitting cards, for this application, was necessary. Also whatever works best for you is the best in magic, right? Cheers and have a blessed day.