(Close Window)
Topic: Scott Alexander Puck mib unplugged
Anyone seen the dem of this yet?
Thoughts?
[youtube]C8mj8GD3pD4[/youtube]

THINNER - EASIER - UNDER YOUR COMPLETE MANUAL CONTROL
In 2013 Scott Alexander and Puck introduced a new concept to the mentalism world with the release of MIB: Message in a Bottle. MIB was an electronic mechanical marvel that allowed for a large scale written prediction to be accomplished without the use of any backstage assistants. The unit was extremely portable and fit comfortably in a carry on suitcase.

Scott & Puck have received many ideas and suggestions from users of MIB and have adapted these ideas to create a streamlined non-electronic version. MIB is now thinner, lighter, extremely quiet, and 100% battery free! Welcome to MIB Unplugged!

Now you can perform this powerful feat of mentalism without the need for batteries and electronics that could potentially leave you stranded. Scott and Puck perform this on stage as usual but with the new gimmick, you no longer have to worry about any noises from an electronic motor to deter you from performing this in a stand up or parlor environment.

The three and a half foot long written prediction is completely under your control at all times. If youíve ever considered getting the original MIB but felt it was out of your price range or were shy about using electronics, or were concerned about any noise, then MIB Unplugged is for you. MIB Unplugged is one-third the price of the original, itís easier to set up and perform, yet delivers the same impact as the original, making this version perfect for everyone!

The unit comes with the super thin MIB dry erase board, paper bags, magic markers, eraser, and paper along with training video, two NEW routines, and multiple live performance demonstrations.
There is a full video of the performance here...

http://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/product/mib-unplugged
You want a full demo you got a full demo. Canít argue with that. Looks very practical
THank you for the live performance. Looks terrific.
No problem...It delivers an easy way to do the big confab with NO FORCING for the solo performer.
Nice to see a complete performance video. Each phase of the effect has been very well thought out and has been based on good logic and reasoning. The whole act has been kept simple and straightforward.

:xmas:
I'm intrigued. I bought the original and have only been able to use it once since it always jams up on me mid performance....a non-electronic version fascinates me....it is a great effect, just could never get mine to work
Sorry to hear you've had issues with your original MIB. I've performed it hundreds of shows and not one problem with it jamming. You can send me a PM and I can walk you through it if you'd like. You may be loading it improperly and I should be able to rectify the problem for you. Puck
[quote]On Sep 10, 2018, puckmagic wrote:
Sorry to hear you've had issues with your original MIB. I've performed it hundreds of shows and not one problem with it jamming. You can send me a PM and I can walk you through it if you'd like. You may be loading it improperly and I should be able to rectify the problem for you. Puck [/quote]
That's VERY generous - I will unpack and take some pictures and video this weekend I can send to you. Appreciate the assistance. Either way, a non electric version interests me a lot....but the huge size the electronic one produces is impressive beyond belief!!!
No worries I'm here to help in any way I can. Don't discount the three and a half foot display with the unplugged version. It hasn't changed the reaction or audience ovation from the original one bit! It's also a lot easier to set up as there is nothing inside to get at like before and the board is almost completely clean when your done.
MIB Unplugged will be shipping next week. Only ten days left to take advantage of the pre SALE price!

http://www.puckmagic.com/shop/mib-unplugged/
Ordered one. When will be it shipping? Doubt I will receive it in time for my 7th Oct preview show.
See above
All pre orders have shipped and should have been received or coming next week. Thanks for all that took advantage of the pre sale price and we hope you enjoy MIB Unplugged as much as we have.
Just got this wonderful review from Chris Harding.

Wow! You guys have literally taken this plot to the next level!

As you know Iíve used the electronic MIB for ages now and love it. However the limitation has always been being asked to do a show at the end of a close up set and having to think about taking along PA etc if not available to make the music happen.

This has changed all that and is, in my opinion, the best and only way to do the confabulation trick now period.

Itís so direct and for me the lack of need to play that last bit of music to ďget the ball backĒ but finish electronically scrolling the paper has eliminated a massive thing in my routine.

I used to revert to the original confabulation with a small pad etc when there wasnít PA but now donít have to bother. This is really the final answer (no pun intended).
It just looks so natural and props are so non-Prop like. Itís amazing

This new MIB has made the process fast and easy as well as using just really basic looking props. Amazing thinking. So grateful you put it out there for the rest of us to use.
On the fence with this product. Any more real world reviews?
Any reviews for MIB Unplugged?
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Nov 17, 2019 10:33AM)
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that he writes all the time on a board that nobody sees from the other side?
that he always moves (when the music plays) the right hand, that his notes do not make any sense in the end (do nothing for the routine), that when he is on the way back to the stage the paper bag and the blackboard are unnaturally hidden, that it makes no sense to smash the bottle rather than just remove the cork ...
who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.
to clarify: I do not own the trick and only give my opinion after seeing the full-performace-video once!
[quote]On Nov 17, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
[...]who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.
to clarify: I do not own the trick and only give my opinion after seeing the full-performace-video once! [/quote]

Wow... seriously? YouĎre giving such a profound review after watching a video without owning the effect...
Two thumbs up (irony mode off)
I think that is the issue with any confabulation. Iím sure some people have a motivation but that is up to you to figure out
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Nov 18, 2019 04:06PM)
[quote]On Nov 18, 2019, Nikki78 wrote:
[...]who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.
to clarify: I do not own the trick and only give my opinion after seeing the full-performace-video once! [/quote]

Wow... seriously? YouĎre giving such a profound review after watching a video without owning the effect...
Two thumbs up (irony mode off) [/quote]

if it is so bad and unlogic performed, yes!
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that he writes all the time on a board that nobody sees from the other side?
that he always moves (when the music plays) the right hand, that his notes do not make any sense in the end (do nothing for the routine), that when he is on the way back to the stage the paper bag and the blackboard are unnaturally hidden, that it makes no sense to smash the bottle rather than just remove the cork ...
who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.

I believe you may be overthinking this. This gets quite a good reaction. The audience gets a good laugh at the joke tbhen are truly amazed by the reveal. I planning on getting the origional MIB Myself but some Heart issues put a halt on spending for a while. Now that I'm performing again I'm going to get it as soon as the finances are feeed up. Scott and Puck you guys have some great products!
I've got the MIB unplugged on the way. I'm basically a sucker for anything Puck and Alexander put out!
Christian, you are not alone. If I was in the audience, I'd be highly suspicious at several moments, and especially at placing the bottle into a bag and smashing it. Why? It's a corked bottle. Why would you not simply openly remove the prediction? Of course, I know the real reason why, but if I were a spectator I would certainly question it! I thought, "Surely the bag will be torn open at the end in order to demonstrate that there's nothing else in it except the smashed pieces", but, no, that didn't happen. I don'y think it's very strong. My opinion.

This can be achieved with a simple sealed envelope, and costs no more than the price of the envelope and paper.
The bottle is taped and sealed shut folks...and turning your back is not necessary.
I have used both the original MIB as well as the Unplugged version in all my shows the past several years. It always gets a strong reaction from a lay audience and Iím consistently asked how I did it. The revelation is so large that it cancels out any reasonable explanation. If you look at all your magic as a magician in the know you are doing your self a disservice. The joke about the Asian writing gets laughs and allows you to avoid double writing. As for the bottle in the bag itís never been raised as a method of how it works from any non magician Iíve encountered trying to figure it out. I believe your concerns are overblown and are a non issue in the hands of a confident, seasoned performer. The props become secondary if youíve hooked your audience with your personality, charisma, and humor. The price point is not cheap and marketed to those making a living doing magic. Those that perform MIB know itís value and the strength it has on audiences worldwide.