(Close Window)
Topic: Cubism Maestro
Now that everyone has received CM what do people think about it? Is it a worker?
Have not received as of yet
Still not had mine in fact the last count was 4 out of 200 !

So bit early to ask
Oh dear, hope we all get them soon.
So far only 3 or 4 backers received the trick, no further communication in KS or through email from Forrest since September 4th about his plans to ship them all. I hope he has learned from the past and understand that a little communication will go further with the community.
Who else has received CM?
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, funnymagic wrote:
Who else has received CM? [/quote]

Tumbleweed Funnymagic.....
At least Dave is now in the running

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=656386&forum=177&start=80

For the worse customer service award
Still havent got mine
Shipping 2 a week means that it will take 2 years for all of them to be delivered.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Shipping 2 a week means that it will take 2 years for all of them to be delivered. [/quote]

lol
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
At least Dave is now in the running

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=656386&forum=177&start=80

For the worse customer service award [/quote]

I thought that was common knowledge Jack.
Once again no communication whatsoever since 9/4, I even wrote him two emails asking for an estimate of completion, not even when he will ship the props, just 2 weeks, a month 3 months, something and no a single line back.

In spite of any personal issue that could prevent him from shipping the product owed to us, so far I heard of 3 backers receiving the props, a quick status note is not much to ask, that's all.

Anyway...
So he shipped 3

3 weeks ago

At this rate it痴 a going to take years
I, for one, am stunned.
Give him a break, he痴 probs on another holiday.
Did he just ship 3 to make us think we would be getting them soon and it did get people off his back for a few weeks.
He propably shipped 3 prototyps he has made 2 years ago
Maybe he's busy reading his book of quotes?
Last I knew they had asked for the backers to check that the shipping info is correct...havent heard a thing since....
Any updates?
Not that I know of
Nothing !
Was this a competition, and now the three winners have been sent their prizes?
Almost one month since the last update when Forrest stated that he started shipping the props, so far only 3 that we know of the 203 he owes us. Same behavior than before, no communications whatsoever...
What was that Sun Tzu quote (or maybe it was Sun Tsu) that Dave posted?

I wish I could remember.
I received mine... I think it arrived a couple of days after shipping was announced but I had it sent to a different address (as I was thinking about moving) and only picked it up this weekend.
[quote]On Oct 2, 2018, sjrw wrote:
I received mine... I think it arrived a couple of days after shipping was announced but I had it sent to a different address (as I was thinking about moving) and only picked it up this weekend. [/quote]

hey at least you got yours...still waiting, orig kickstarter address (the one in my profile is correct and never changed) the address Dave has on file for me is correct as well is the 'verify your shipping info' email from him all correct nothing has ever changed no I haven't moved or anything...no maestro yet
I can稚 believe there are still issues. I thought that since I壇 received mine he must be sending them all. I don稚 think I was an early backer so it must have been random?

Hope everyone receives there痴 soon. I just wanted to let you know that I have received mine to give a bit of evidence that they are hopefully being sent out.
Just to add to this soap opera, I have just received 3 emails from full52productions.com selling 3 different products, none of them Cubism Maestro. It is difficult to understand how he does not pay attention to details (no emails to people he owes product/money) or he does not care about all of us.

Either way I am really upset with all of these...
He doesn't give a ****. Surprised people are surprised.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without a battle
-Sun Tzu

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles
-Sun Tzu

Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.
-Sun Tzu

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.
-Sun Tzu

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
-Sun Tzu

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
-Sun Tzu

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
-Sun Tzu

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.
-Sun Tzu

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe that you are near.
-Sun Tzu

I could go on quoting for quite a while, but to what end?

The man was a genius.

And I'm talking about both Sun Tzu and Dave Forrest!
The key word is was!!!!!
Is, was- now we're splitting hairs.

Dave "is" clearly a genius to me, because he "was" able to steal about $20,000 with absolutely no repercussions.

Genius!

And he was able to quote Sun Tzu while doing it.

More genius!
:rotf:
Believe me, I've been following all of these Cubism Maestro threads since the beginning, and I'm well aware of everything that has transpired and has been said here by Dave and everyone else.

My memory serves me well.
On 1st Sep ( The Last Update) Mr Forest said

It's been a tough year - I can't lie. I've been to hell and back in ways that I can't even begin to describe but, clearly, I haven't had to endure anything like the hardship that some of you poor souls have had to bear. Imagine not having a magic trick arrive through your door exactly when you wanted!?!? Oh, the HORROR! :-D

Anyway - I'm not going to waste any time trying to engage with the pitchfork wielders - life's too short. Instead I'll just say that 'Cubism : Maestro' is now shipping.

The order in which the units will ship is completely arbitrary. So if, for example, you're one of those who has been harassing my family members on Facebook? Don't worry! You're just as likely to receive your unit first. But then, yours is also just as likely to be one of the last out the door. Luck of the draw I'm afraid! Bottom line is - I definitely won't discriminate against those who have been abusive or threatening...honest.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

Well that was over a month ago and looks like total of 4 have shipped
The clue should have been that there is a shipping order. Here pile. Make ship.
Anyone else had a email from Merlins of Wakefield - look what they have in stock - https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp
[quote]On Oct 6, 2018, Rob.m wrote:
Anyone else had a email from Merlins of Wakefield - look what they have in stock - https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp [/quote]

Genius. Instead of sending them out to the rightful owners he sells them. Lmao.
Woah! That痴 a shock!
This post is just to put you all straight regarding our recent advertising regarding Cubism Maestro by Dave Forrest. MERLINS OF WAKEFIELD backed Dave Forrest on Kickstarter and he has now sent us our Cubism Maestro's. We have NOT bought these directly off Dave as you are incorrectly suggesting! We have not badgered him or called him a thief or conman like a small amount of other backers have. We have known Dave for several years and dealt with him on many occasions and were convinced he would deliver what he promised. Dave is a decent honest, hard working guy who has had lots of personal problems and issues to sort out. We never doubted he would deliver the Kickstarter project and we are sure he will do everything he can to ensure that all backers get what they have paid for in due course.
Just curious-

What was the original price in English Pounds that allows Merlin's to sell Cubism Maestro for 120 English Pounds?

And Merlin's has existed for how long before they decided to come on here and post for the first time defending the Righteous and Honorable Dave Forrest?
[quote]On Oct 6, 2018, merlinswakefield wrote:
This post is just to put you all straight regarding our recent advertising regarding Cubism Maestro by Dave Forrest. MERLINS OF WAKEFIELD backed Dave Forrest on Kickstarter and he has now sent us our Cubism Maestro's. We have NOT bought these directly off Dave as you are incorrectly suggesting! We have not badgered him or called him a thief or conman like a small amount of other backers have. We have known Dave for several years and dealt with him on many occasions and were convinced he would deliver what he promised. Dave is a decent honest, hard working guy who has had lots of personal problems and issues to sort out. We never doubted he would deliver the Kickstarter project and we are sure he will do everything he can to ensure that all backers get what they have paid for in due course. [/quote]

There as been only 1 person who may think that you had bought them directly from dave but I would like to know how many as he sent you.
We do not use the Magic Caf, and the only reason we posted on here is we had several messages saying that Merlins of Wakefield was in some way being dIshonest in advertising Cubism Maestro. For the record :
1) We have only just registered and posted on here to put the record straight regarding why we are advertising Cubism Maestro - We backed it on Kickstarter!
2) We have known Dave for several years and never had a problem with him. We are not connected with him or his business in any way other than trading with him.
3) It is not anyone else's business how much we charge, or how many we have received.

We will not be making any more comments.
First of all, it's everyone's business how much you charge for it, since it's public knowledge- 120 Pounds.

I'm not asking Merlin's how much they paid, I'm asking anyone else here- what was the Kickstarter price in Pounds?

That was also public knowledge; no big secret, right?

I don't think that they got a discount on Kickstarter, but they might have gotten a wholesale price from Dave himself, no?

Or are they making enough marking up the Kickstarter cost?

I'm just curious.

And, boy does Merlin's seem very angry.
Who knows who Merlin is and what is their relationship with Forrest, the only comment they should be making as a solidarity to all the 203 backers is that they encourage Forrest to rapidly fulfill what he owed to all of us.
And they should understood that other backers could be angry when they do not receive their product and somebody else, backers or not, are selling products owed to them.

And the last point is that if Merlin can offer the product in either color they received more than one of each, which brings into play certain preference for larger backers vs single backers, something that Forrest did not indicate as a way of prioritizing shipments. So even if Merlin bought more than one, the right thing for Forrest to do would be fulfilling as many backers as possible rather than one retailer.
Merlin's seems to have demonstrated how not to respond if a business desires to increase it's sales.

So then now Dave has taken this even lower than he already has.

By the way, there are other Cubism types of props available from http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=71
They offer more than one type of dice style chop and in different colors and textures. A variety of chop dice too!
[quote]On Oct 6, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
First of all, it's everyone's business how much you charge for it, since it's public knowledge- 120 Pounds.

I'm not asking Merlin's how much they paid, I'm asking anyone else here- what was the Kickstarter price in Pounds?

I don't think that they got a discount on Kickstarter, but they might have gotten a wholesale price from Dave himself, no?

I'm just curious.

And, boy does Merlin's seem very angry. [/quote]

He was one of the bidders that purchased 5 for 」300

In other words 」60 each so selling at 」120 gives him 50% Profit

If you was a individual you would have paid between 」69 and 」74 depending on date of purchase

Let痴 not forget they was due July 2017 over a year ago and very strange one of the 4 people is one of his dealer mates !
[quote]On Oct 7, 2018, merlinswakefield wrote:
We do not use the Magic Caf, and the only reason we posted on here is we had several messages saying that Merlins of Wakefield was in some way being dIshonest in advertising Cubism Maestro. For the record :
1) We have only just registered and posted on here to put the record straight regarding why we are advertising Cubism Maestro - We backed it on Kickstarter!
2) We have known Dave for several years and never had a problem with him. We are not connected with him or his business in any way other than trading with him.
3) It is not anyone else's business how much we charge, or how many we have received.

We will not be making any more comments. [/quote]

Point 1 is BS. You registered 3 years ago.
11th Sep 2015 to be precise. Why would they lie? It brings into question everything else they have said.

I guess we値l never find out because they have stated they won稚 be making any more comments.
[quote]On Oct 7, 2018, Nevets wrote:
11th Sep 2015 to be precise. Why would they lie? It brings into question everything else they have said.

I guess we値l never find out because they have stated they won稚 be making any more comments. [/quote]

No but I guarantee they will be checking this page 😀
[quote]On Oct 7, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
[quote]On Oct 6, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

I'm just curious.

And, boy does Merlin's seem very angry. [/quote]

He was one of the bidders that purchased 5 for 」300

In other words 」60 each so selling at 」120 gives him 50% Profit

If you was a individual you would have paid between 」69 and 」74 depending on date of purchase

Let痴 not forget they was due July 2017 over a year ago and very strange one of the 4 people is one of his dealer mates ! [/quote]

OK, so they doubled their investment, which is standard for a business.

No problem in my opinion.
They can make whatever profit they want

Just don稚 like dealers that lie as has already been exposed by Pegasus
Agreed, Jack.

I was only curious because, if the original price was 100 Pounds, I would have thought that they had some sort of other deal with Dave.

But if they paid 60 Pounds, I don't think anything was funny.

I couldn't remember what the original cost was.

To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong), most retail businesses like to double their original costs, and that's exactly what Merlin's did.
[quote]On Oct 7, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
I couldn't remember what the original cost was. [/quote]

I知 not surprised, it was that long ago. This smells even Fishier now.
[quote]On Oct 7, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
They can make whatever profit they want

Just don稚 like dealers that lie as has already been exposed by Pegasus [/quote]
Maybe they hired Dave as their PR director.
Another week and anyone other than Daves Dealer Mate got was was promised over a year ago?
Nope, but at least I can add Merlins to my list of dealers not to spend my money with
Does Dave work for Merlins? I found this video of him there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMCpHvmOmI
That video sure does explain everything!

Ten things I didn't know about Dave Forrest.

How about ten things that I didn't want to know about Dave Forrest.

I can't believe that I watched that, but Dave does fascinate me.

Do not buy from Merlin's.
The idea that Dave would ship some to Merlin's to be sold to others before the backers received theirs is indefensible. I've been willing to cut Dave slack, but there is plausible deniability that this was just a mistake or a miscalculation.
[quote]On Oct 12, 2018, Joe Roberts wrote:
The idea that Dave would ship some to Merlin's to be sold to others before the backers received theirs is indefensible. I've been willing to cut Dave slack, but there is plausible deniability that this was just a mistake or a miscalculation. [/quote]

Wait, I'm confused.
First you say it's indefensible, then you proceed to defend him.
Did you leave out the word no?

However, I do agree that it was amazingly poor judgement. But at this point I think Dave is purposely trying to get back at his "ungrateful" supporters.
[quote]On Oct 12, 2018, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Oct 12, 2018, Joe Roberts wrote:
The idea that Dave would ship some to Merlin's to be sold to others before the backers received theirs is indefensible. I've been willing to cut Dave slack, but there is plausible deniability that this was just a mistake or a miscalculation. [/quote]

Wait, I'm confused.
First you say it's indefensible, then you proceed to defend him.
Did you leave out the word no?

However, I do agree that it was amazingly poor judgement. But at this point I think Dave is purposely trying to get back at his "ungrateful" supporters. [/quote]

Yeah. There is NO longer any plausible deniability on his part that this whole thing was just some innocently botched enterprise. If you have people waiting over a year for something and you keep them waiting so you can give some to your buddy to sell, that's deliberately screwing over the people who backed the project.
The attacks on Merlins are rather unfair, the video was shot in 2012 when Dave Forrest had a good reputation, and presumably they ordered multiple copies at the same time as us; so when they arrive what should they do, not sell any? I am still waiting for mine to appear from Forrest. Oh and I have no connection with Merlins apart from a few orders from them which were handled in a helpful and professional manner.
Merlins made an unforgivable error when they came on this thread trying to defend the undefendable ,
it was a massive mistake and one I am sure they regret and will pay for .
I have never seen anyone shoot themselves in the foot as badly as Merlins have on this thread .
Somebody is selling one on Facebook .
So far, month and a half since last communication and no props. Besides Merlin and 3 others, looks like nobody else receive the trick. This is a fact.
Why the hell does anyone support these Kickstarter projects ? The creator obviously can稚 afford to fund it so alarms should ring . They would for me fir certain , it痴 hardly rocket science and you reap what you sew ! :)
[quote]On Oct 18, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
So far, month and a half since last communication and no props. Besides Merlin and 3 others, looks like nobody else receive the trick. This is a fact. [/quote]

And the person selling on Facebook.
Another week

Anyone got anyone in the post
[quote]On Oct 18, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Why the hell does anyone support these Kickstarter projects ? The creator obviously can稚 afford to fund it so alarms should ring . They would for me fir certain , it痴 hardly rocket science and you reap what you sew ! :) [/quote]

You hit the nail on the head. I knew it was doomed to fail from the start. Unfortunately Dave exploited the weak amongst us and succeeded.
My experience with Kickstarter was always good, this is the first one where I was deceived and not treated well by the creator of the project. Actually treated very poorly.
It wasn稚 so much the project itself that failed, it was more the guy running it is a failure.
Many, many Kickstarter projects are great successes, and it痴 rare for the project itself to turn out fine but then one guy in charge of shipping decides he壇 rather keep both the funds and almost all of the product. But fortunately the vast majority of KS projects are run by ethical people with morals and common decency.

So again, the concept is fine but every once in a while you池e going to run into an unscrupulous scoundrel.

But that痴 life, man. You can稚 play it safe all the time. You have to get in the game in order to win. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and support projects you like and believe in. But obviously if you can稚 afford to lose your investment then you better sit it out and stay on the sidelines and watch.
Agreed. I love kickstarter. I致e now back 89 projects and only 4 were duds, not including this one. It痴 an investment platform, not a guaranteed buy. Most of the time you win by getting in much cheaper than ultimate retain. However, sometimes you get smoked.
I agree with Eric. I've funded 38 kickstarter projects. To date, I have never had one fail.

The only other experience anything live this one with Dave was a pair of headphones designed for triathletes. That one took about 3 years longer to receive than it was originally estimated. The big difference was that the company maintained fairly consistent updates with believable explanations about the technical difficulties they kept running into. They were trying to make the headphones waterproof for wearing in the water while swim training. Ultimately, they couldn't get them to be reliably waterproof and finally released them as "sweat resistant". Based on that experience, I was initially willing to give Dave the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, I've lost all trust or respect for him due to what appear to be outright lies and his total unwillingness to communicate with anyone.

This is a message from 20 days ago by one of the backers:
"Quick update, I have had an email exchange with Forrest, where I asked him for an update or estimate on when the "complete" fulfillment will be done, without going in details, he told me that there will be no more Kickstarter updates unless anything develops that necessitates an amendment to his last update. And that I will received my prop when it is shipped."

I would paraphrase Dave's response as, "You'll bloody well get it when you get it and you *** well better be happy about it even if it takes another 2 years."
I have sent Forrest a follow on email asking for an update. Based on no shipping besides the 3 guys and the retail shop, I think that "something developed" (lack of shipments) that necessitates an amendment. As per his words.

He did not reply my email, nor posted anything in KS.

What a lousy project management all along...
He needs a kick at the end not at the start by the sounds of things :)
Saying only 3 ppl and the shop are the only KS fullfilled - may be misleading

How many ppl on here pledged to this KS, and haven't got theirs yet?

Once we know that number - then we can say for sure that 4 orders out of x [which is all of the orders we know of] have been completed

As I suspect - just as many KS backers are not on here, maybe some of them have recieved theirs [?]

I just feel the numbers are being fudged from this side.

Though I still feel like I'm on 'this side' - as Dave has run an awful campaign - and dealt with [what ever] his issues have been, in an awful way.

I wish the best for him - and hope you all get your cups

x
I don稚 think the numbers listed are coming only from this forum, I believe it痴 also taken in account information from the FB page and possibly other sources.

Regardless, it痴 pretty clear that the vast majority of supporters have not received their product.
Ppl on this thread were counting just those on this thread who said they have got there's

So I'm not sure that this is anywhere near the actual total

If you think about it - he's [Dave] is much more likely to sit down to send them out and give up after 30 of them ... than 3, and the ones he dropped off to his mate at a shop he frequents
[quote]On Oct 25, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Saying only 3 ppl and the shop are the only KS fullfilled - may be misleading

How many ppl on here pledged to this KS, and haven't got theirs yet?

Once we know that number - then we can say for sure that 4 orders out of x [which is all of the orders we know of] have been completed

As I suspect - just as many KS backers are not on here, maybe some of them have recieved theirs [?]

I just feel the numbers are being fudged from this side.

Though I still feel like I'm on 'this side' - as Dave has run an awful campaign - and dealt with [what ever] his issues have been, in an awful way.

I wish the best for him - and hope you all get your cups

x [/quote]

So where else was this campaign advertised? Other than kickstarter itself, I would suggest nowhere. I壇 put the figure at 90 percent for Caf members.
Guys, the numbers I have are the following, 1 from TMC (I do not recall the name I think was Michael something, 1 more from TMC Merlin's (Retailer) and 3 from KS (Sam., Todd, Liam), total is 5 not 4 as I wrote before.
Besides those 5 I am not aware of anybody else, I would assume that any backer that get it, will come to KS and update everybody else (Merlin's did it after somebody made the comment that they were selling the trick in their web)

We could assume a few that did not show up, so maybe 8, that's all the count at this time. He started shipping 9/2 we are almost at the 2 months mark, so 5, 8 or 12 does not make a difference, the fact remained that he is not shipping the tricks, at least at a pace that would show intention to fulfill the rest of us.

Again I asked him for an estimate of completion, not when my prop will be shipped...
Any news peeps?
No news is good news!
Except in the case of Cubism Maestro.
*crickets chirping* where are our sets already?
I guess that nobody here knows what really happened to George.

He was involved in a serious industrial accident, and had both arms and both legs amputated.

It takes quite a while for him to carefully and lovingly pack up and ship each order that he is extremely concerned about, although there will be a lot of (dried) saliva (think "Prince Randian" from the 1932 classic movie "Freaks") on each and every one of the packages that he sends you.

But don't worry- he's working on it!
We are now over 2 months without any update from Forrest and with 5 backers that only received their products (one as I mentioned is a retailer that has the product in stock). I have emailed Forrest asking for an estimated completion date with no availability.

If anybody in the Forum has any contact with this person, I would appreciate if you let him know that an update will be greatly appreciated.
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
We are now over 2 months without any update from Forrest and with 5 backers that only received their products (one as I mentioned is a retailer that has the product in stock). I have emailed Forrest asking for an estimated completion date with no availability.

If anybody in the Forum has any contact with this person, I would appreciate if you let him know that an update will be greatly appreciated. [/quote]

Please, please tell me you池e joking.
I know only a finite number of people will have been burnt by this and obviously there are many posts here documenting it, but how the hell does this go on with nothing more than a shrug of shoulders?

At least Christmas is coming - this is crackers.
Pegasus, I was not joking, I was trying to ensure that Forrest understand that an update is needed, that's all. I was also trying to keep the posts factual and civil.

BTW by coincidence or not, Forrest just put an update in KS indicating that he continues to ship boxes, if he can keep up the pace and communications he and the backers could ended in better terms.
Pablonius has always been very factual and civil here, and I believe that he has every right to be quite the opposite.
There's a update from Dave on kickstarter

Such charmers...
Posted by Dave Forrest (Creator)
Ok, so... For those who doubted the abuse? I just sent a photo of one backers packaged reward, ready to go. Here's his reply:

"Yes keep it.. Please take mine and shove it up your ass you pompous prick... Its called self respect something you obviously have no clue of. Some day we will cross paths and it wont be pretty..."

Keep in mind, that's upon receiving a photo of his reward, ready to ship! :-D

You couldn't make it up!.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Rob.m wrote:

You couldn't make it up!. [/quote]

And yet he did.
Did the five who got there痴, get sent photos just before they were sent?

That just seems strange to me.
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Rob.m wrote:
There's a update from Dave on kickstarter

Such charmers...
Posted by Dave Forrest (Creator)
Ok, so... For those who doubted the abuse? I just sent a photo of one backers packaged reward, ready to go. Here's his reply:

"Yes keep it.. Please take mine and shove it up your ass you pompous prick... Its called self respect something you obviously have no clue of. Some day we will cross paths and it wont be pretty..."

Keep in mind, that's upon receiving a photo of his reward, ready to ship! :-D

You couldn't make it up!. [/quote]

Think I will email Dave and tell him if that person don't want it he can send it to me.
LOL, why does George play the victim? Is he totally insane?
I think he needs help.
Does that mean we can expect a photo of our order before its sent?
[quote]On Nov 7, 2018, Pixelated wrote:
Does that mean we can expect a photo of our order before its sent? [/quote]

Absolutely. Dave doesn稚 do things by halves you know.
In fact, perhaps all you致e backed is an actual photo of the product instead. Lol. Did you read the small print?
Did anyone reply to Dave痴 3:30am email? Still not sure what the point of it was?
What 3:30 email you are referring too? I did not receive any email from him
Nor me!?
The 都uch charmers one sent at 3:22am GMT yesterday, mentioned earlier on in this thread.
I致e only just seen it, as it has been filtered through into spam.
What was the point of it? Sympathy?
TheBentos, it was actually a new Post in Kickstarter Nbr 26, you received as email because KS sent the notification of a new post with the post attached.
On the 2nd Sep

Dave said he was now going to ship the set

That痴 after waiting over a year

So far less than 10 backers have got the set
Including his mates at Merlin Magic

So another 2 months on and most people have got nothing

One of the backers has said

What does he expect

As they say what goes round comes around

So hopefully sooner or later he will get what痴 coming to him
Who has received their set this week?
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, funnymagic wrote:
Who has received their set this week? [/quote]

:rotf: :rotf:
[quote]On Nov 2, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
I guess that nobody here knows what really happened to George.

He was involved in a serious industrial accident, and had both arms and both legs amputated.

It takes quite a while for him to carefully and lovingly pack up and ship each order that he is extremely concerned about, although there will be a lot of (dried) saliva (think "Prince Randian" from the 1932 classic movie "Freaks") on each and every one of the packages that he sends you.

But don't worry- he's working on it! [/quote]

Whilst you are more than welcome to make jokes at an individual's expense when you have received poor service from etc I find it of poor taste that you seem to think that its OK to take the mickey by using quadruple amputation as a joke. I have worked with people with a wide range of disabilities and have a disability myself, in the future I face potentially having to have a double amputation of my lower legs. I know plenty of people with disabilities that can and do hold down a job. There are, more often than not, options that allow adaptations that can be made to make it possible for disabled people to work.

Also why would an amputation result in drooling? Overall very offensive.

Can you come up with something that is just offensive to the individual you are targeting next time?
:applause: Well said Dave. Your post totally resonates with me because of one of my close family members.
Sorry if you're offended, Dave, but I really think that you should put on your big girl panties.

You obviously don't know who Prince Randian was, or what I meant by my comment.

Prince Randian was a gentleman who was born without arms and legs about 140 years ago.

He learned to do everything by using his mouth, including shaving himself and rolling his own cigarettes and lighting them with a match and smoking them (which was featured in the film "Freaks"), and he also got married and had 4 kids (well, I guess that he didn't use his mouth for everything!).

I don't consider the guy handicapped at all- I'm amazed by his abilities.

I don't care what kind of problems Dave Forrest is having, there is no excuse for what is going on here, unless he lost the use of his hands and feet and had to package up each Cubism Maestro by using his mouth as his hands, which is what I was trying to joke about.

I am often a sarcastic SOB on this forum when it comes to stuff like this.

Offended by all that?

Gosh, has the world grown soft.

You can add me to your "Guys that I don't like here" list.
[quote]On Oct 21, 2018, pabloinus wrote:
My experience with Kickstarter was always good, this is the first one where I was deceived and not treated well by the creator of the project. Actually treated very poorly. [/quote]

I have had some great experiences with Kickstarter (Including Penn Gillet's film "Directors cut") and nearly all have been overdue - however, the others that were overdue kept us in the loop about what was happening. It didn't take a lot - some short films using their phones, or short emails - easy peasy ... just keep your supporters informed and it's all OK.

Have a good week.
Well Jack,

First thanks for taking the time to reply.

So I tell you that I face an amputation in the future (fact) and your response is 菟ut on your big girls panties. So no consideration that
1) it may be traumatic facing that every day and
2) How do you know I am not wearing my big girl panties? For all you know I may always wear them at weekends!
3) It takes a massive amount of energy and determination to just getting on with life every single day! I am quite hardened to other people痴 opinions and use a HUGE amount of self-deprecating humour but then some stuff is still offensive and the thought of people thinking I can稚 do stuff for myself is the worst. It can be quite demoralising when people belittle me or think I need lots of help to do simple stuff like.open a door, pick things up off the floor or assume that I cant do anything for myself. People see a wheelchair and will talk to my wife to ask if I want a drink or if I need anything. So yes sometimes I can get a bit tetchy.
4) I need to take copious amounts of pain meds to function, so 釘ig girl panties are not likely to help any further ;) !
5) I had not heard of Prince Randian and I am more than happy to have learnt about him. I would love to have been able to meet Prince Randian sounds like an awesome individual! Mat Fraser did a tribute to someone similar several years ago I think it was Sealo the Seal Boy? (Although Mat has his legs).

6) I like bullet points!

[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Sorry if you're offended, Dave, but I really think that you should put on your big girl panties.

You obviously don't know who Prince Randian was, or what I meant by my comment.
[/quote]
As I said above, I had not heard of him but appreciate the enlightenment!

Prince Randian was a gentleman who was born without arms and legs about 140 years ago.

He learned to do everything by using his mouth, including shaving himself and rolling his own cigarettes and lighting them with a match and smoking them (which was featured in the film "Freaks"), and he also got married and had 4 kids (well, I guess that he didn't use his mouth for everything!).
[/quote]
You bugger!. I nearly choked as I was eating something as I read that and you really did make me LOLHighly amusing!

I don't consider the guy handicapped at all- I'm amazed by his abilities.
[/quote]
Yes, me too, now that you have told me something about him - everyone with a disability has different demons to face and will likely come up with their own way of dealing with the challenges of everyday life.

I don't care what kind of problems Dave Forrest is having, there is no excuse for what is going on here, unless he lost the use of his hands and feet and had to package up each Cubism Maestro by using his mouth as his hands, which is what I was trying to joke about. [/quote]

After your explanation I get what your point is I still think that your first post saying that George 努as involved in a serious industrial accident, and had both arms and both legs amputated. Sounds rather offensive to people who have had amputationbe they planned or traumatic (I have worked with both in the past and I hope that my potential amputation will be planned rather than forced but that痴 a long story).

I think you could have made your point by referring to Prince Randian in a positive way (like in your reply to me) may be 泥ave痴 shipping rate is shockingly slow look at how amazing Prince Randian was in his time, he would have shipped way more than Dave has in the past X months.

If one talks in a negative way about someone then associate them with a second person, the assumption (incorrectly in this case) is that one is also being negative about the second person.

I am often a sarcastic SOB on this forum when it comes to stuff like this. [/quote]

That痴 fine by me and as I said above you made me laugh in your reply to me. Your sarcasm come over beautifully and was perfect! I知 British I love sarcasm! And we agree that the postage of Cubism is taking rather a long time.

Offended by all that? [/quote]
Nope! Not now that you explain your intention and I really do appreciate you doing that.

Gosh, has the world grown soft. [/quote]

Erm disagree with that just because of what it is like living day to day with massive amounts of pain and facing ampytatun in the future (I知 on moderately strong morphine twice a day and most days take an extra dose to allow me to sleep, strong anti-inflammatory, Amitriptyline for both its antidepressant nature and neurogenic pain, stomach lining protecting medication and paracetamol 4 times a day). As I said slightly different wording to make Prince Randian a positive in the slating of poor shipping speeds would have given a much more positive tone about 電isability.

It痴 your call to slate Dave F here based on what you see regarding the lack of communication and shipping taking a very long time. There are plenty of ways to do that and sarcasm is great! Please feel free to keep it up. And if anyone challenges please just explain and make sure its clear- then we can all agree and move on.

You can add me to your "Guys that I don't like here" list. [/quote]

Not a chance, I appreciated your reply, I learnt some stuff and we have moved past it. As I said I use self-deprecating humour and try and keep positive it痴 just not always very easy to do (keeping positive I mean, as I have sarcasm and self-deprecating humour down).

Dang that was a long reply. There should be one more cubism nearly packed by now.

Have a good evening.

55) did I mention I like bullet points?
Still no sign of anything

Except the 5 people

What does P*** Me off is he is now offering 40% off sale ,

You could not make it up if you tried
[quote]On Nov 24, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
Still no sign of anything

Except the 5 people

What does P*** Me off is he is now offering 40% off sale ,

You could not make it up if you tried [/quote]

Do we know if he is the sole 'worker' (I know... I know some of you want to say AN in there) at Full 52? I mean is someone else doing the Full 52 store whilst he hides in the back "and says wibble" (Think Rowan Atkinson for the tone of wibble).

If he keeps selling everything at 40% off he won't get enough back for bubble wrap surely?

I cant help think a little teeny tiny update would be nice. One day ... just one day we may know what is happening.

I値l post your weekly enquiry for you funnymagic to save you the effort. And the answer, as before, and the the week before that is NO.
[quote]On Nov 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:

I値l post your weekly enquiry for you funnymagic to save you the effort. And the answer, as before, and the the week before that is NO. [/quote]

Sorry to be a picky pedant (although I'm sure thoes two go together automatically). But "no" can not be the answer to the question you pose... it has to be NOONE or nobody.... or "magical dealer friends" (by chance of course as its all random).

But it is kind of you to offer Pegasus. :)
[quote]On Nov 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:

I値l post your weekly enquiry for you funnymagic to save you the effort. And the answer, as before, and the the week before that is NO. [/quote]
wow no need to be rude.
I thought I would go back through Dave's updates on Cubism Maestro and do a short recap of them starting with after the project got fully funded for those who think some people have been a bit harsh.

May 9, 2017 的 just want to let you all know that there are no significant delays or anything - everything is still on track for shipping at the end of June!

June 30, 2017 (An explanation about some delays.)

July 25, 2017 (Still being held up by Dice manufacturer.)

Oct 4, 2017 鄭ll parts of the 'Cubism : Maestro' sets are now with us apart from one. The final component is the close-up mat.
(After a number of people asked Dave to ship it without the Closeup Mat because they don稚 care about the closeup Mat, Dave posted this reply: 典hanks guys but, really, I can't let incomplete units go out. The mats, while not vital, are a part of the product now. Singling out orders for people who are willing to forego the mats will complicate matters and, trust me, the shipping process is going to be complicated enough. Trust me when I say you're better off waiting until you receive the entire product, just the way I promised it would be. I know it's just a mat but, if you were on my end of this, you'd get it. The rewards include a mat so....the rewards WILL include a mat! :-D I'm indebted to you all for your patience. Hang tight.)

Nov 7, 2017 (An explanation of Closup mat problems and having to order a special Neoprene. In retrospect, an interesting post since next July he値l claim that the mats were delivered to the wrong address in Nov, 2017)
Dec 20, 2017 鉄orry to say that, as of yet, we sill do not have the completed mats. The material IS with the company who will cut them but, at this time of year, they are prioritising other work.
I have been emailing them and they have assured me they will be with me soon.

Feb 13, 2017 (Expects delivery of mats within 14 days.)

June 5 (Claims mats were delivered to the wrong address and someone signed for them but he can稚 locate them, so he痴 decided to ship without them.)
鉄o - I aim to begin shipping the Cubism Maestro sets by early next week when the shipping boxes are delivered.

July 5 撤.S. I may have located the mats. (That痴 apparently the last we値l hear about the mysterious mats from Dave.)

Sep 1 典he order in which the units will ship is completely arbitrary. (In other words, he has started shipping yet.)

Sep 4 (Reminder to fill out address survey. Yeah, that means he still hasn稚 started shipping.)

Nov 6 鏑ook who痴 shipping! (I guess we池e supposed to be excited that he shows a box that he claims to be shipping some 5 months after he had claimed that he was going to start shipping in a week.)

Nov 25 The guy who Dave claimed he was shipping to with a picture of his packed box posts that he still hasn稚 gotten his set.

To date, only a small handful, (between 3 and 6 backers I think), have claimed to have gotten their set.
Correction to one point above. Dave didn't claim the mats were delivered to the wrong address in November, it was actually February that he said they were delivered to the wrong address. I apologize for the error.
Quick update: No new shipments since update 25 on November 6th. Not even mine which is the box in the pic of the update. I have sent emails to Forrest but so far no reply.
I thought he was actually shipping the props, I was wrong
Still waiting.....last magic item I ever kickstart that's for d@mn sure
A month has passed with no information and no box. Clearly his november 6th update was not true.
It痴 actually laughable how some still cling to the hope that they will still receive their order. :rotf:
Pegasus, I am glad that you laugh. The lack of emphaty shows your character.
Nevertheless I will try to explain to you why I post these posts here and at Genii. Who ever will look for a reference to Dave Forrest will find these posts, take them as community service. What are you doing to help?
Now you can continue laughing...
But I paid due diligence beforehand. Perhaps you should have done also. I knew it would end up being a disaster. I knew his track record beforehand.
I feel for those who are getting scammed on this!!!!! But everyone needs to learn from this and black ball this guy. Black ball him from the magic Community . Any magic sites or distributors need to band his products. Also if anyone ever sees him needs to call him out in this. A guy like this where I live would of had his butt kicked for sure.
[quote]On Dec 9, 2018, MR Effecto wrote:
I feel for those who are getting scammed on this!!!!! But everyone needs to learn from this and black ball this guy. Black ball him from the magic Community . Any magic sites or distributors need to band his products. Also if anyone ever sees him needs to call him out in this. A guy like this where I live would of had his butt kicked for sure. [/quote]

Of course you are correct

But Piror to this he had a fairly good Standing

And several big names used to support him in his products
Yep, I壇 always had fantastic service from him before this.
He was one of the few sellers who automatically got my trust...
so I had not a seconds doubt about backing this.

Clearly things change! And now he痴 on my never but from again list!
Actually over the years there have been treads of people not getting what they ordered, nothing new.
Indeed. He was very average at best. Reason I never ordered nor, more to the point, threw money at his kickstarter.
I have faith in Dave and think we will receive CM before Christmas.
[quote]On Dec 21, 2018, funnymagic wrote:
I have faith in Dave and think we will receive CM before Christmas. [/quote]

Did you get this joke from out of a Christmas cracker or have you had to much mulled wine.
[quote]On Dec 21, 2018, Rob.m wrote:

Did you get this joke from out of a Christmas cracker or have you had to much mulled wine. [/quote]

Both I would suggest.

Faith in David??????? Some people just have a big heart I guess. But David on the other hand like I said in the past needs his butt kicked. I wished he live close to me. He don't owe me anything I just hate someone ripping off someone for there hard earned money. I really hope he is black balled from every magic thing there is.
Maybe we should all send an official complaint to office of fair trading

Let痴 face it he has lied to us time and time again

3 months ago he said everyone would be getting the set

And apart from his mates and 3 others no one has got anything

Yet he continues to send out emails offering 40% off

Despite over 20K of items that has been paid and 99% of backers have had nothing
I don't understand. Still no CM but DF said "No scam".
[quote]On Dec 24, 2018, funnymagic wrote:
I don't understand. Still no CM but DF said "No scam". [/quote]

🤦🏼‍♂️
Wow... that makes him sound... dishonest! [img]https://en.scratch-wiki.info/w/images/Forum_Smiley_-_Yikes.png[/img]
Happy Christmas everyone.

"No scam"
2018 is getting to an end, and from Forrest not a single comment since early November.
I personally gave him more credibility that he deserved. He took our money, he lied to us several times, he used any possible excuse even in the personal issues where the facts showed him having a good time with his family in his public personal facebook.
Clearly a dishonest person. Besides the point that I will never buy anything from him, I will not buy anything from any dealer that sells his products either. I hope penguin, Murphy, stevens, ho us pocus and others realized this situation.
I am really fed up with this individual.

As a side note Pegasus you were right all along ..
Agreed. The magic sites should band him.
You never know he might turn up at the Blackpool magic convention and hand everyone their sets and I might win the lottery - thinking about it I will have more chance of winning the lottery than getting anything from him.
Well looking at his Facebook Pages he has had a great time on all of US !

This Christmas
Happy New Year

"No scam"
[quote]On Jan 3, 2019, funnymagic wrote:
Happy New Year

"No scam" [/quote]

Are you ok?

Your posts are very strange on this thread.
No need to let us know about "No scam" when clearly he has bumped the money.
[quote]On Jan 3, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
[quote]On Jan 3, 2019, funnymagic wrote:
Happy New Year

"No scam" [/quote]

Are you ok?

Your posts are very strange on this thread.
No need to let us know about "No scam" when clearly he has bumped the money. [/quote]

I am just quoting DF. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/926713856/cubism-maestro/posts/2231005
I would like to announce that I have just received Cubism Maestro in my home. I live in NY, USA. It is Black with red interior
Big box, not sure if it is the same or similar to the one posted on the 11/6 in the Update 25. The BOX is stamped on December 19th 2018, and the sender is Full 52 productions.
I checked the content and everything is in there (does not include the mat as previously informed). 3 cups, one chopped, make of resin with a leatherette on top and felt inside. The 3 cups look the same. The Box that contain everything and a bag with all the dice, too many, I have not checked them against the description because I wanted to provide this update.
The Box is very nice and with care it should last a lot,
Overall I am very satisfied with the final product.
At this time I only hope that this action will continue and everybody else receive their own.

Pablo
Thanks for the update David! Lol
Here are the pics of what I received
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/pabloinus/IMG_20190103_140139818.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/pabloinus/IMG_20190103_135812382.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/pabloinus/IMG_20190103_130058907.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/pabloinus/IMG_20190103_130015981.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/pabloinus/IMG_20190103_125853291.jpg[/IMG]

Nevets, I am not sure I understand your comment.
It was a joke! :)

Pleased to see you have received your set. Hope others receive theirs soon.
Got it,
Woooooah someone actually got theirs! hopefully the rest will follow....nothing for me yet
Pablo, oh man how I would have loved to have seen your face when you first saw that package!
Did you get a shipping notice first or was it a complete surprise?
Hopefully all orders will now be shipped. Or is this a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease?

If they are all shipped then it begs the question why Dave didn稚 ship them all months ago and save his reputation ?
The only notice I had was Forrest update 25 from 11/6 that shows a box with my address. Because the box did not showed up after a prudential time, I email Forrest 3 times and posted in KS for update with no reply. Actually wen I saw the box I thought it was an Amazon delivery that I was expecting. The outside box was much larger than the props themselves.
It would have been nice a quick email on 12/19 when it was shipped, I would avoided feeling cheated back in 11/6 and Forrest would avoided a series of emails and Posts that for lack of information were all negative. I was really fed up with all the situation and personal treatment.

If I received mine, there is no reason for anyone else to not receive theirs. It took 15 days from UK to NY with Christmas and New Year in between, so maybe more people are receiving theirs.

Let's wait and see
[quote]On Jan 3, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
The only notice I had was Forrest update 25 from 11/6 that shows a box with my address. Because the box did not showed up after a prudential time, I email Forrest 3 times and posted in KS for update with no reply. Actually wen I saw the box I thought it was an Amazon delivery that I was expecting. The outside box was much larger than the props themselves.
It would have been nice a quick email on 12/19 when it was shipped, I would avoided feeling cheated back in 11/6 and Forrest would avoided a series of emails and Posts that for lack of information were all negative. I was really fed up with all the situation and personal treatment.

If I received mine, there is no reason for anyone else to not receive theirs. It took 15 days from UK to NY with Christmas and New Year in between, so maybe more people are receiving theirs.

Let's wait and see [/quote]

oh you were the person that forest showed the shipping box for in that update on KS?....hmmm
Magicalos, not sure what you implied with the hmm at the end of the sentence, I hope is not a negative point.
But yes I am, in the update 25 on 11/6 where he stated that he was shipping boxes the one picture with a box has my name. However if you read the comments under that update you could read what I said and the kind of replied I received. After that update I email him at least 3 times asking for the box and posted in KS about the delay/unknown.
Yesterday night I checked the box in the picture with the one I got and the label is totally different, and the external box was very banged out, the black bag and the actual CM box look to be the same.

Also, at the same time/date, few people (one that I am aware) received an email from DF with a picture of their boxes as a way of indicating they were on queue, because mine was actually shipped 12/9 not 11/6, I hope other backers are also receiving theirs.

All along I will take this as a positive step for all of us backers, nevertheless the issue is not resolved until all of them get their own.

BTW: Are you a backer of the CM?
I didn't mean that hmm to be negative, more of a hmmmm where is mine...lol so far you seem to be the only person on the planet that has gotten it? and yes I did back that KS
I believe I am the 5th or the 6th (Including Merlin a retailer in UK. Let's see what happen with the people that got the email with the picture
[quote]On Jan 4, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
I believe I am the 5th or the 6th (Including Merlin a retailer in UK. Let's see what happen with the people that got the email with the picture [/quote]

Think yourself Lucky the other backers that have spent 20K with him

2 Years on have still beeen left high and Dry
I know Jack, however, regardless that I got the props, I expect all the backers to receive their product, that is only fair.
[quote]On Jan 10, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
I know Jack, however, regardless that I got the props, I expect all the backers to receive their product, that is only fair. [/quote]

nothing about this KS has been fair....its all been excuse after excuse, delay after delay meanwhile he is out having a fun lavish looking lifestyle
Mine arrived today
[quote]On Jan 23, 2019, John McDonald wrote:
Mine arrived today [/quote]

ooooh really? have any tracking info on it or anything? I'm not at home yet to check my mail...
UK Posted on the 22nd January By Royal Mail First class postage.

On first inspection looks well made.
Mine arrived today [/quote]

Ordered from Merlins of Wakefield. :rotf:
UK Posted on the 22nd January By Royal Mail First class postage.

On first inspection looks well made. [/quote]

ah I'm in the US...im guessing itll be another 2 years lol
Received mine today (UK). Posted by Full52.
I知 guessing he痴 trying to get all UK orders posted before he makes an appearance at Blackpool.
I would not show my face if I was him. Embarrassing.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2019, TheBentos wrote:
I知 guessing he痴 trying to get all UK orders posted before he makes an appearance at Blackpool. [/quote]

Haha. Imagine.
Wish I壇 seen the latest developments in this thread a little earlier today.

As it is, today I decided enough was enough. I致e been very patient. I致e tried contacting Dave through a number of channels, all without success. I知 no longer interested in receiving this product. So today I contacted my credit card company (thankfully I used a credit card to fund my pledge) and opened a dispute. They have refunded my money straight away. If you are still waiting for your set and used a credit card to pay I壇 suggest you do the same.

If the set shows up now I don稚 know what I will do.
[quote]On Jan 29, 2019, Martino wrote:

...If the set shows up now I don't know what I will do. [/quote]

That's easy, wait 2 years and return it.
Haha Mike.
Mine Arrived Yesterday !
Mine also arrived yesterday. I re-addressed the box back to Full52 and it will be being sent back to him tomorrow. I didn稚 even bother taking them out of the bubble wrap.
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, Martino wrote:
Mine also arrived yesterday. I re-addressed the box back to Full52 and it will be being sent back to him tomorrow. I didn稚 even bother taking them out of the bubble wrap. [/quote]

Very honest of you sir.
To those have gotten them....are you in the US?
I知 in the UK
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, Martino wrote:
Mine also arrived yesterday. I re-addressed the box back to Full52 and it will be being sent back to him tomorrow. I didn稚 even bother taking them out of the bubble wrap. [/quote]

Good for you Martino.
This thread is giving me a small hope that I値l actually receive the product.
It痴 good to see that they seem to be coming thru, albeit very late.

NM
[quote]On Jan 31, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
To those have gotten them....are you in the US? [/quote]

No I am in UK and as advised arrived this week
You will receive it now I reckon, it will also be available at Blackpool I am told. Olly
Well then... all is forgiven. [img]https://i.imgur.com/EIzX7Hy.gif[/img]
[quote]On Feb 2, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Well then... all is forgiven. [img]https://i.imgur.com/EIzX7Hy.gif[/img] [/quote]

Yeh, bless him. You can all make friends with him at Blackpool. All is forgiven.
So if you do not receive it before Blackpool will you be able to pick it up there from him as I cannot see him sending out over 200 more before then.
I presumed he would

Otherwise how could he go to Blackpool with out having issues

No Blackpool would have meant no one got it
[quote]On Feb 3, 2019, Rob.m wrote:
So if you do not receive it before Blackpool will you be able to pick it up there from him as I cannot see him sending out over 200 more before then. [/quote]

I understand 50% of the bidders are from overseas
So would expect most if not all will get them before Blackpool

Or I can imagine some heated confrontations

I expect to get mine before Blackpool or it won稚 be very pleasant near his stand that weekend
and I am sure I won稚 be the only one !
Merlins will probably be selling it. Olly
[quote]On Feb 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Merlins will probably be selling it. Olly [/quote]

Are they taking the ****?
I am pretty sure Merlins got all the stock of theirs. Olly
To anyone that's going to blackpool can you maybe inquire as to where the sets are for people that ordered via kickstarter in the US? as we havent heard anything lately....
[quote]On Feb 3, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
To anyone that's going to blackpool can you maybe inquire as to where the sets are for people that ordered via kickstarter in the US? as we havent heard anything lately.... [/quote]

Do you really think that he is going to turn up at Blackpool.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2019, Rob.m wrote:
[quote]On Feb 3, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
To anyone that's going to blackpool can you maybe inquire as to where the sets are for people that ordered via kickstarter in the US? as we havent heard anything lately.... [/quote]

Do you really think that he is going to turn up at Blackpool. [/quote]

No, but George Forest will be there selling boxes,
Up for sale on Magic Week lol
To Rob M I am pretty certain Dave is going to Blackpool this year. Olly
[quote]On Feb 5, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
To Rob M I am pretty certain Dave is going to Blackpool this year. Olly [/quote]

I can imagine a long line of people asking for there Cubism Maestro off him.

Just wondering how many are there on the Caf going to Blackpool that are still waiting for there cubism.
After waiting 2 Years !!

Mine has just arrived so I am guessing that all UK customers will have them before Blackpool
I am still waiting for my two sets?!?
Well just say you are going to Blackpool tgaffney and you should get it before then I reckon. Olly
I, too, have been patiently, and quietly I might add, waiting but I'm still hoping Dave will come through. Unfortunately, I've had the same problems - lack of communication and non-deliverance of orders - from the website.
Unless everyone gets cubism tomorrow then I cant see Dave turning up at Blackpool.
Well, was Dave at Blackpool?
Yes 100% I was dealing on a stand there and I spoke to him. Olly
Wearing glasses and a false moustache. Selling 2 Finer Devine.
[quote]On Feb 19, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Yes 100% I was dealing on a stand there and I spoke to him. Olly [/quote]

I went round looking for him and did not see him also asked a few of the other dealers I know if he was there and know-one had seen him.
Oil & water is now well known here for Stirring the pot, dave Forrest did not attend Blackpool 2019
He did attend I can guarantee you that I spoke to him on both Thursday and Friday as I was there a day earlier setting up. Whether he was there Sat and Sun I don稚 know as I didn稚 see him after those days and I even asked Roddy Mghie who said he hadn稚 seen him in the last 2 days. He had no reason not to go no one at the convention would have done nowt. We are all friends and if anybody had started any trouble they would have been soon dragged out by the scruffs of their necks, but they wouldn稚 as nice people only attend there. Olly
[quote]On Feb 20, 2019, Fatgumbo wrote:
Oil & water is now well known here for Stirring the pot, dave Forrest did not attend Blackpool 2019 [/quote]

Yea I also think that he is talking a load of crap as I was also there on the Thursday till Monday and I know a lot of the dealers that where there and I did not see him because if I had seen him I would have asked him about the cube.
I was there from Wednesday eve to Monday morning. He wasn稚 there. Fact.

You were probably talking to George Forrest
Well Olly, Danny, Tarik, and Gaz are not known for their honesty.
Bill with the greatest of respect what are you talking about? Best wishes. Olly
Oh, I think you know but my best wishes to you too Olly! 👍🏻
[quote]On Feb 20, 2019, videoman wrote:
Well Olly, Danny, Tarik, and Gaz are not known for their honesty. [/quote]

Hahahaha. Ole Flecky痴 back.
I love both Pegasus and Bills contributions to all threads and wish you all great magic. Olly
Has anyone in the US gotten anything? or just the 3 people in the UK so far?
I got mine early January in NY and another backer from Florida got his mid February
[quote]On Feb 21, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I love both Pegasus and Bills contributions to all threads and wish you all great magic. Olly [/quote]

All is forgiven in that case. :rotf:
[quote]On Feb 6, 2019, pseudomagician wrote:
I, too, have been patiently, and quietly I might add, waiting but I'm still hoping Dave will come through. Unfortunately, I've had the same problems - lack of communication and non-deliverance of orders - from the website. [/quote]

What the Full 52 web site???

You're actually still buying from him?
I haven't said very much about this, just kept quiet and just watching all the chatter.

I live here in the UK and was wondering where my shipment is. Looking like he is shipping out a couple of packages a month, just to keep this post active.

So sad. :-(
[quote]On Feb 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Wearing glasses and a false moustache. Selling 2 Finer Devine. [/quote]

LOL.... Olly=TF
I wonder who the 2 lucky persons are this week
I'm willing to bet that his next release will be under an assumed name...
[quote]On Mar 16, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
I'm willing to bet that his next release will be under an assumed name... [/quote]

And no one will receive that either.
[quote]On Mar 16, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Mar 16, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
I'm willing to bet that his next release will be under an assumed name... [/quote]

And no one will receive that either. [/quote]

haha! sad no one has received CM tho :/
I have just had an email from Dave Forest that said all remaining sets will be posted out by midday today !!
April fool!
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
I have just had an email from Dave Forest that said all remaining sets will be posted out by midday today !! [/quote]

if only
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
I have just had an email from Dave Forest that said all remaining sets will be posted out by midday today !! [/quote]

Haha. Brilliant.
Any luck with anybody getting there sets? Or is David still a ****** bag??
[quote]On Apr 3, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Any luck with anybody getting there sets? Or is David still a ****** bag?? [/quote]

im gonna go ahead and say nope...no one has gotten anything from this brown eye
Yes, I'm still actually buying from Full52 and Dave. With my latest order came . . . wait for it. . . my Cubism Maestro. I live in California. With my latest order, I kindly asked if he could send the Cubism: Maestro and he did! I've often said, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"; not that I'm trying to catch flies.
Did you have to wait 2 years after ordering?
[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, pseudomagician wrote:
Yes, I'm still actually buying from Full52 and Dave. With my latest order came . . . wait for it. . . my Cubism Maestro. I live in California. With my latest order, I kindly asked if he could send the Cubism: Maestro and he did! I've often said, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"; not that I'm trying to catch flies. [/quote]

Glad to hear you got your order and CM, but the tone of your comment almost makes it sound like you condone Dave's despicable behavior and that all is fine now.

Frankly, whether it helps someone finally receive their CM or not, at this point I don't believe he deserves to be "kindly asked" anything. He's a low-life scoundrel and coward and should be treated as such. He had many chances to receive forgiveness and chose to ignore every one of them and instead blamed the victims.
I wouldn't agree that I'm condoning his behavior. But, I also don't believe that the treatment he has received has helped the situation. There are ways to be civil even in situations such as this.
:carrot:
Wow its been awhile since any last news...anyone know or hear of anything? (im guessing not) getting close to throwing in the towel on this...f@#$ing ridiculous if you ask me...its been YEARS and we don't have something we paid good money for....
[quote]On May 30, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
Wow its been awhile since any last news...anyone know or hear of anything? (im guessing not) getting close to throwing in the towel on this...f@#$ing ridiculous if you ask me...its been YEARS and we don't have something we paid good money for.... [/quote]

Perhaps it was only I that was able to predict the future back when he advertised this.
[quote]On May 30, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On May 30, 2019, Magicalos wrote:
Wow its been awhile since any last news...anyone know or hear of anything? (im guessing not) getting close to throwing in the towel on this...f@#$ing ridiculous if you ask me...its been YEARS and we don't have something we paid good money for.... [/quote]

Perhaps it was only I that was able to predict the future back when he advertised this. [/quote]

You should go on next years BGT predictions are now the big thing!
Just had one listed for sale here on the Caf so it looks like Ruben Padilla got his anyway. So maybe more folks have gotten them than we are aware.
Such a weird and strange thing though. Still cannot believe Dave Forrest would be such a scoundrel.
[quote]On May 30, 2019, videoman wrote:
Just had one listed for sale here on the Caf so it looks like Ruben Padilla got his anyway. So maybe more folks have gotten them than we are aware.
Such a weird and strange thing though. Still cannot believe Dave Forrest would be such a scoundrel. [/quote]

Strange you wait 3 years for it to turn up

Then put in on sale
Wish kickstarter had some protection for backers for this very reason....never backing anything magic again...thanks you turd of a human you ruined it for many people so I hope we all come away learning a valuable lesson here :/
So, is it true that Full 52 has been dissolved?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09475756

The website appears to still be up. The only people I've heard of lately who have received their Cubism were people who placed an order for something from Full52 and also put in a special request to have their Cubism shipped with their order. But if the company has been dissolved, that may no longer be an option either.
Good bloody riddance.
The company dissolving doesn't mean it cant trade, it just means it's not limited company any more.
[quote]On Jul 6, 2019, Pixelated wrote:
The company dissolving doesn't mean it cant trade, it just means it's not limited company any more. [/quote]

Unless British laws are different, I think you're confusing public company with a private company. If you mean by "can't trade" that they can't be traded on the stock exchange, that is for a company that has gone public and trades on the stock exchange. I don't think they were ever a public company.

If by saying they are not a limited company, you are referring to the type of company structure such as an LLC or a C Corp, that has nothing to do with being able to trade. That is how the company is registered. A company, to do business, has to be registered in some manner and if not registered, they are essentially not a company and cannot do business.
The problem is in the UK

He can set up a new company with a different name and all your debts from the old one is forgotten!
尿 strike off, also known as a dissolution, occurs when a company's legal existence is removed from the Companies House register.

https://www.companyrescue.co.uk/guides-knowledge/guides/what-is-a-compulsory-strike-off-4295/

認rom the date of dissolution, any assets of a dissolved company will be 礎ona vacantia. Bona vacantia means 宋acant goods and is the technical name for property that passes to the Crown because it does not have a legal owner. The company痴 bank account will be frozen and any credit balance in the account will be passed to the Crown.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration
[quote]On Jul 27, 2019, YNG wrote:
尿 strike off, also known as a dissolution, occurs when a company's legal existence is removed from the Companies House register.

https://www.companyrescue.co.uk/guides-knowledge/guides/what-is-a-compulsory-strike-off-4295/

認rom the date of dissolution, any assets of a dissolved company will be 礎ona vacantia. Bona vacantia means 宋acant goods and is the technical name for property that passes to the Crown because it does not have a legal owner. The company痴 bank account will be frozen and any credit balance in the account will be passed to the Crown.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration [/quote]

So we will get Cubism sent to us by the Queen? or ... as likely to get it from the Queen as from Dave. lol!

IN seriousness though... Does this mean that the stock can be sold on by someone else? I am wondering if there is a big Box of Cubism sat there that can now be sold to others even though I paid upfront. I know its crowdfunding not shopping and I was never guaranteed to get it. Still a bit of a bummer.

Dave
[quote]On Jul 27, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
[quote]On Jul 27, 2019, YNG wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration [/quote]

So we will get Cubism sent to us by the Queen? or ... as likely to get it from the Queen as from Dave. lol!

IN seriousness though... Does this mean that the stock can be sold on by someone else? I am wondering if there is a big Box of Cubism sat there that can now be sold to others even though I paid upfront. I know its crowdfunding not shopping and I was never guaranteed to get it. Still a bit of a bummer.

Dave [/quote]

I can give you even money on certain magic dealer who will be selling them shortly in fact funny they always have in stock
Part of the "confusion" (I know that's not the right word) is due to the product he already had out is/was called Cubism. The thing that we, stupidly, backed on Kickstarter (which as they say is NOT shopping and you do take a risk) is called Cubism Maestro.

That said all the 'pitch' at the start was all "everything is in place " easy project rubbish that we believed in good faith.

Oh well .... Live and learn.....funny that he just sent out a voucher for a free 」5 DVDs download.... So clearly a last ditched attempt to revive Full52. Sad really...definitely frustrating.
Https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp
This is the part that I think frustrates me the most. The idea that anonymous backers of the KS (myself included) pledged unprotected donations to complete an order that was purchased and wholesaled by a magic company who (I知 assuming) had contacted Dave for exclusive rights to market Cubism Maestro.

So Dave got paid in full for rights. Then used other people痴 money to complete his order to the Magic shop linked above and gets off Scott free.

Literally someone change my mind on this because it痴 how it looks at the moment.
Is there any sort of legal action that can be taken or are the KS backers just burned?
[quote]On Aug 4, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
This is the part that I think frustrates me the most. The idea that anonymous backers of the KS (myself included) pledged unprotected donations to complete an order that was purchased and wholesaled by a magic company who (I知 assuming) had contacted Dave for exclusive rights to market Cubism Maestro.

So Dave got paid in full for rights. Then used other people痴 money to complete his order to the Magic shop linked above and gets off Scott free.

Literally someone change my mind on this because it痴 how it looks at the moment. [/quote]

Interesting theory.

I was wondering about Kerala action too. Wondered about small claims court. But not sure one could do anything with it...

[quote]On Aug 4, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp [/quote]

Ohhh so I CAN get my Cubism then..... If I'm willing to pay for it again!
If the above is true, I wouldn't say Dave got off free. He's ruined his reputation beyond repair. If you go back in the Caf a long time, there have always been complaints about not getting product from Dave. Nothing new, but this was a big one.
Apologies. Here痴 my amendment.

鉄cott free = 2 handsome paydays and a comfy retirement from the magic community.
[quote]On Aug 5, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
Apologies. Here痴 my amendment.

鉄cott free = 2 handsome paydays and a comfy retirement from the magic community. [/quote]

And here is my amendment....

Kerala = was supposed to be legal.
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now.
Backers haven稚 heard or received $h*t

Glad you nabbed a set. I知 sure all of us backers are jealous.
[quote]On Oct 19, 2019, Doric wrote:
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now. [/quote]

I was also at the magic circle dealers day and looks like the only people that have plenty of stock
Is merlins Wakefield

https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp

I have noticed at several dealers fairs and on line they never have any problem with supply
I知 starting to think my theory posted on the last page is exactly what went down.

Kickstarter backers funded the construction of the props that Dave then delivered to Merlins who he sold exclusive rights to...

He receives 100% profit plus some with zero skin in the game.
I think the worst part is the blatant lies where backers were shown pictures of Maestro boxes 途eady for shipping and asked 的f I were scamming you - why would I have ALL THESE BOXES FULL OF PRODUCT taking up my entire house?!

Answer: because you were shipping all of that product to a magic shop so backers could rebuy the effect.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now. [/quote]

I was also at the magic circle dealers day and looks like the only people that have plenty of stock
Is merlins Wakefield

I have noticed at several dealers fairs and on line they never have any problem with supply [/quote]

WOW! Now I am really annoyed!
Wow, so essentially I've bought a set that somebody probably already paid for. Thank you, I guess!
What? The pennies only just dropped? Oh jeez.
Not pennies, I paid 」100 or so! At least I got something to show for my money. Maybe the dealer will do a special price for people who backed the kickstarter campaign and didn't receive a set.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, pegasus wrote:
What? The pennies only just dropped? Oh jeez. [/quote]

Pegasus I was annoyed a little before but I had written it off. After all, what can I do - Crowdfunding is not shopping - that's clear from the beginning - and I have had far more positive outcomes than negative. In fact, the only negative one I have had has been cubism.

Maybe next week when I am off I will investigate taking him (DF) to small claims court or something - clearly he has them and is not sending them out if Merlins have as many as stated in this thread.

But this is a new twist - the fact that someone went to the dealers day and reports that Merlin's magic had lots on their stand is the thing that is so annoying. I just hope that they are only selling on the few that they funded themselves and maybe mine is still in DF house or whatever somewhere... I really hope that's the case and not that Merlins have the lot. I don't want to suggest anything that is not provable or outright slander etc.maybe it will all turn up on April 1st next year.

I accept that I have lost that cash and won't get my maestro...
Sadly I think its not worth following anymore...he took our money, we arent getting what we paid for, now I think its time to move on. so far this is the only kickstarter ive had go south...
I do not know why my post was taken off ????
To put the record straight, We had bought 15 Cubism Maestro off Kickstarter. These were sent to us without any communication with Dave Forrest!.We have no connection with Dave Forrest of his business, and have had no contact whatsoever with him for over 2 years. We did take ONE Cubism Maestro to The Magic Circle Dealers Day, not a stand full as has been insinuated. We also DID NOT SELL ONE TO 'Doric' so don't know why he is making out he bought one from us. We can appreciate that Dave Forrest has let down many Kickstarter backers, but have been unable to contact him to see why he has not fulfilled his commitment.I can also see that this has led to frustration from backers, but we can not provide any further information on the situation.
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now. [/quote]I do not know why my post was taken off ????
To put the record straight, We had bought 15 Cubism Maestro off Kickstarter. These were sent to us without any communication with Dave Forrest!.We have no connection with Dave Forrest of his business, and have had no contact whatsoever with him for over 2 years. We did take ONE Cubism Maestro to The Magic Circle Dealers Day, not a stand full as has been insinuated. We also DID NOT SELL ONE TO 'Doric' so don't know why he is making out he bought one from us. We can appreciate that Dave Forrest has let down many Kickstarter backers, but have been unable to contact him to see why he has not fulfilled his commitment.I can also see that this has led to frustration from backers, but we can not provide any further information on the situation.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, pegasus wrote:
What? The pennies only just dropped? Oh jeez. [/quote]

Pegasus I was annoyed a little before but I had written it off. After all, what can I do - Crowdfunding is not shopping - that's clear from the beginning - and I have had far more positive outcomes than negative. In fact, the only negative one I have had has been cubism.

Maybe next week when I am off I will investigate taking him (DF) to small claims court or something - clearly he has them and is not sending them out if Merlins have as many as stated in this thread.

But this is a new twist - the fact that someone went to the dealers day and reports that Merlin's magic had lots on their stand is the thing that is so annoying. I just hope that they are only selling on the few that they funded themselves and maybe mine is still in DF house or whatever somewhere... I really hope that's the case and not that Merlins have the lot. I don't want to suggest anything that is not provable or outright slander etc.maybe it will all turn up on April 1st next year.

I accept that I have lost that cash and won't get my maestro... [/quote]

Is merlins Wakefield

I have noticed at several dealers fairs and on line they never have any problem with supply [/quote]

Is merlins Wakefield

[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
I知 starting to think my theory posted on the last page is exactly what went down.

Kickstarter backers funded the construction of the props that Dave then delivered to Merlins who he sold exclusive rights to...

He receives 100% profit plus some with zero skin in the game. [/quote]

[quote]On Oct 20, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
I think the worst part is the blatant lies where backers were shown pictures of Maestro boxes 途eady for shipping and asked 的f I were scamming you - why would I have ALL THESE BOXES FULL OF PRODUCT taking up my entire house?!

Answer: because you were shipping all of that product to a magic shop so backers could rebuy the effect. [/quote]

Any Cubism Maestro deliveries still outstanding?
Yes, after all this time, still no Cubism Maestro and no communication ever from Dave Forrest, not even the courtesy to reply to a registered posted letter which I have his signed receipt for. I even offered to accept other products from his range if he was unable to supply, at least I thought I might get something for my money, but No.
Woah. Can稚 believe that it痴 still ongoing!
[quote]On Jan 7, 2020, funnymagic wrote:
Any Cubism Maestro deliveries still outstanding? [/quote]

joking right?

YOu think they are going to just turn up in 2020? I would love it if mine did - but I wrote it off a LONG time ago.

I'm getting Dejavu though... "Why did my post get taken off?"

I don't know merlins but I suspect some of the repeated posts that you spent some time posting today will be removed - just for repeat posting. Im not saying I would or want them removed - just a thought.

Cheers one and all! (Except DF that is - only joking Dave if your reading this I still .....)
There is one of these for sale on Facebook.
So what happened here? Some people got the product, some didn't? I notice that Forrest hasn't been online on Kickstarter since last May, which is also when he stopped posting on the Full52 Facebook.
That's right, but rather than "some people got the product, some didn't" I think it is "a few people got the product and most didn't". Unfortunately, I'm in the majority.

-Brian
[quote]On Mar 10, 2020, magical magic wrote:
So what happened here? Some people got the product, some didn't? I notice that Forrest hasn't been online on Kickstarter since last May, which is also when he stopped posting on the Full52 Facebook. [/quote]

This is probably the reason Forrest finally sent out a few of them...it muddies the water and allows the narrative to become 都ome people got it and some didn稚, which almost sounds like it could have been simply a mistake or oversight to those not familiar with the situation.

There is a huge difference between that and NOBODY got it, so he ships a few out to try and quiet the complaints.
He'll probably blame covid 19 for not being able to send them out now :(
I should have made this a "REVEAL" to a magic trick as I came to this thread thinking someone posted the subject as they did above! :coolspot:
Dave could use the lockdown to package up all the Cubism Maestros he claimed were filling his house and take them to the post office (all still open across the UK).
Will he though? Hmmmmmmm.
Well, I guess I got double screwed. Not only was I a kickstarter backer and never received the product, but I took another risk and decided to order a unit from Merlin's in the UK. It came today, looks nice, but I think I hit upon the problem and why he is not sending them out and probably can't afford to fix. The magnet in the chop cup is too weak. The one chopped die (you get a bunch of dice for the routine) barely is suspended. The slightest tap or jostle will dislodge it. I tried it with about a dozen chopped balls, olives and other stuff I have from the "collection" and its all the same. I'm going to have to pull out the original Cubism that I had ordered from Afghanistan back in 2014 and see if that cup is any better! On the positive side, I now have 3 (count them three) dice cups I can use and I was reading some old lecture notes from Dan Fleshman (written by John Mendoza) and there is routine in there called "a Shot for You!" that requires a nice dice cup. Looks like I'll be working on that routine!
Thank You, Peckham for sharing that. I am sorry to hear of that misfortune and hope you get lots of mileage out of the set anyway.
Send it back to Merlin's if it's not fit for purpose. They sold you a defective unit. Mine works perfectly.
So this was just a scam? No more no less?
[quote]On May 2, 2020, magical magic wrote:
So this was just a scam? No more no less? [/quote]

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that besides David Forrest. My opinion is that it probably didn't start out as a scam but for whatever reason, it has ended up that way.
I'm all in for this one...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=713186&forum=218
I知 a backer on that one as well.
Me three!
Has anybody ran into him lately?
Does anyone still not have their Cubism Maestro?
As far as I know, most of us that ordered are still waiting. Actually, I've given up at this point. I was holding out hope for quite a while but I don't think it's going to happen now.
Sorry to hear that :(
Comment from Barry Khoo on Kickstarter a week ago:

Hello, Dave or Kickstarter!!!

It's now over 4 years...and you have already procured every item and it's just sitting in your home waiting for you to deliver to us backers.

We all know that you are having some financial issues, we can help you by paying again the shipping fee to help you and you help us by shipping out our backed "Cubism: Maestro".

Looking forward to hearing some good news from you or Kickstarter???

Thank you!
There was a similar comment at least a couple of years ago, along with no response. It would still be nice to get them but as I said over a year ago now, I don't have any expectations of Dave fulfilling his side of the deal.
I don稚 believe Dave has any intention of shipping them to those that paid for them. I知 quite certain he considers the stack of boxes in his garage as income for the future. Why would he ship them to purchasers and do the right thing when he can sell them to others and make more money from them?

He値l wait another year or two for the dust to settle and then begin wholesaling them to Murphy痴. Do you think Murphy痴 will care a bit about the history behind them? Of course not.
And maybe this is the reason he's not sending them. He decided to take the grief of people complaining about not fulfilling the orders rather than take grief about the product itself.

[quote]On Apr 15, 2020, Peckham wrote:
Well, I guess I got double screwed. Not only was I a kickstarter backer and never received the product, but I took another risk and decided to order a unit from Merlin's in the UK. It came today, looks nice, but I think I hit upon the problem and why he is not sending them out and probably can't afford to fix. The magnet in the chop cup is too weak. The one chopped die (you get a bunch of dice for the routine) barely is suspended. The slightest tap or jostle will dislodge it. I tried it with about a dozen chopped balls, olives and other stuff I have from the "collection" and its all the same. I'm going to have to pull out the original Cubism that I had ordered from Afghanistan back in 2014 and see if that cup is any better! On the positive side, I now have 3 (count them three) dice cups I can use and I was reading some old lecture notes from Dan Fleshman (written by John Mendoza) and there is routine in there called "a Shot for You!" that requires a nice dice cup. Looks like I'll be working on that routine! [/quote]
Another comment on Kickstarter from Douglas Illusion:

4 YEARS AND NOTHING. DAVE FORREST IS A FRAUD AND A CRIMINAL FOR TAKING OUR MONEY HE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW
On Kickstarter a new comment from Christopher Parker:

"I approached Dave on FB and he said he痴 waiting for keys to a new flat then Cubism Maestro will be sent out.

Waiting to see!"
It looks like the same thing happened with a trick called The Light. Lots of people ordered from Dave Forrest but never received their order. Lots of conversation about it on Facebook currently.
NEWS

Today on 'The Light' FB thread when a customer asked about their Maestro set Dave replied "The Kickstart project is a separate issue and is being dealt with"

There is hope yet.
So was this a scam?
Well, I am still waiting also. I think Dave should be banned from the magic community. Ripping off fellow magicians is a no no.