(Close Window)
Topic: MAGIC SHOPS/RETAILERS IN CANADA
Hello,

I am visiting Canada from 27 October to 14 November 2018 and will be staying in Vancouver for a week then onto Toronto for a week.

Can you suggest any magic shops I can visit whilst in both cities.

David
Sydney Australia
Browsers Den in Toronto is pretty much a must. They have great inventory and book selection, and nice people there. I live about an hour away and don't get there often enough.
Thank you. I will look up Browsers Den in Toronto when I get there.

David
If you post when you are planning to visit others may schedule time to stop in and say hello to a visiting magician.
If anybody is visiting in April, the Magic Bash is held then, tickets went on sale today. Well worth it!
https://www.browsersden.com/bash/
Thank you Inviso.

I will visit Browsers Den on Wednesday 7 November 2018 around 12noon.

My main interest is collecting Mikame Craft Magic items and performing for adult charitable organisations.

I am hoping to find either an Abbott's Disecto or a Spirit Bell when in Canada.

Australia is limited in what is available and if I buy overseas the cost of shipping is very expensive.

I have also been invited by the City of Toronto to participate in their Remembrance Day Service at the Old Town Hall on 11 November 2018. I am a retired Police Officer who served along side the Canadian Airborne Regiment whilst serving with the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus.

David
I'm sure you won't be disappointed with Browser's Den, David. It's smallish, but a really good shop. I may be wrong, but I believe you might have some luck with the Disecto there.

I hope you enjoy your time in Canada, and it's great that you're making the effort to see our magic shops while you're here. Whenever I travel, that's something that I try to do also.
In vancouver, there's a magic shop at granville island.. its in the kids market on the second floor...
Thank you iamslow.

I did find the magic shop on Granville Island, I believe it is called Clowning Around and will make time to visit.
Hey David:

You will have a great time at Browser's Den. I am good friends with the owner Jeff Pinsky and he is a great guy and fun to watch demo items. The shop also has a used area that at times has unique items and a number of books as well. Last time I was in I saw a couple of mint Mikame items there on consignment.

If I am around on the 7th will try and pop in. I have "accidentally" started a collection of spirit bells and have a half dozen or so now in the collection :)

John
Thank you John for the information. Look forward to visiting Canada (first time) and Browser's Den.
Clowning Around isn’t an amazing shop, but it’s the only one we’ve got in Vancouver, so you can meet some terrific performers who drop in from time to time.

d
Went to Browsers Den in Toronto, truly a magician's shop.

Great staff and met some magicians who were visiting the shop.

Also purchased some magic including a Duel Ring Box by Mikame.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Browser's!
If you ever make it to Montreal, drop by my shop: www.magicstore.ca
Browser’s Den is a great place, the in-store stock is much more extensive than his on-line presence suggests.

Kind of Magic in Kitchener is nice.

I’ve had good luck ordering from Vanishing Rabbit in Calgary and Perfect Magic in Montreal
I've ordered some books from the Vanishing Rabbit in Calgary as well, they were good to deal with and shipped fast. I wish I would have known about the one on Granville Island when I was there last summer.
[quote]On Dec 29, 2018, todsky wrote:
If you ever make it to Montreal, drop by my shop: www.magicstore.ca [/quote]

The next time I'm in Montreal I will definitely be checking out your shop.
I'm in Vancouver next month. any new magic shop there?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, AndreaMooreMagic wrote:
I'm in Vancouver next month. any new magic shop there? [/quote]

No new shops in Vancouver, best bet is still Clowning Around on Granville. Honestly, the couple keeps the store quite well stocked with magic, especially for the size.

I was in Manhattan recently and went with the expectation of picking up a few things (Malini egg bag, Zandman's book test, etc). Went to Tannens, Phantasma, AND Abracadabra -- struck out completely. Came back home to Vancouver and decided to check with Clowning Around, they had everything I was looking for IN STOCK.

From now on, will always just check there first! They were super nice to my daughter, too. Gave her free candy. :)
[quote]On Dec 1, 2018, DavidK wrote:
Went to Browsers Den in Toronto, truly a magician's shop.

Great staff and met some magicians who were visiting the shop.

Also purchased some magic including a Duel Ring Box by Mikame. [/quote]

Jeff and staff at Browser’s Den are the absolute best!

Dave