(Close Window)
Topic: Frozen in Time, High Tech Version by Masuda
I just got the Frozen in Time High Tech version from SEO Magic. I find this one of the most deceptive and baffling mentalist/spooky effects ever produced. In combination with a seance or spooky show that has a death time or other time it is wildy useful. In short a wooden box that is very simple is placed on the table. You can give it to a spectator to set in front of her too. Or put in her purse . . . The box is about the size of 2 boxes of playing cards. I'm adding rubber bands or string/leather cord to keep the top on. You explain a dream that had you at an art gallery where there was a clock. Ask the spec what time was on the clock in your dream. She tell you. She opens the box. Inside is a postcard of a pocket watch sealed in clear lucite with a playing card thin black back. Yoiu can see all around the card. There are no moving parts or anything to catch here. The time is as the spec asked. It's a thing of simplistic beauty. Check it out!
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBv7TjAfRA

Performance here: (knda . . )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynu0QLoYV4
I already stained my box a deep mahogany, added an antique picture of a "family" member inside box, quick summary, I talk about how someone died at the top of an hour, which hour, they tell you, open box, show pic of "family" member and then the seal watch face.

"Family" member could be changed to a killer, executed at a certain hour, and so on.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
I already stained my box a deep mahogany, added an antique picture of a "family" member inside box, quick summary, I talk about how someone died at the top of an hour, which hour, they tell you, open box, show pic of "family" member and then the seal watch face.

"Family" member could be changed to a killer, executed at a certain hour, and so on. [/quote]

Love it! Thanks for sharing that!
Wow. This looks fantastic.

Above my pay grade for right now, but definitely worth saving up for. I have the original, and it's always been one of my favorite effects and totally convincing.

Thanks for the heads-up!
[quote]On Sep 18, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:

Above my pay grade for right now, but definitely worth saving up for. I have the original, and it's always been one of my favorite effects and totally convincing.

Thanks for the heads-up! [/quote]

I have and love the original too. But didn't like that it could not really be handed out. This one can and it is way thinner. Skip Starbucks for a month 'cause this one is worth it!!!

Stop your cheese intake for a month,, that should pay for it.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:

Stop your cheese intake for a month,, that should pay for it. [/quote]

But cheese is magic!
Too funny guys.
That looks great. That's a huge price jump for the new version though. From $80 to $300+. I might just take the low tech version.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, professortango wrote:
That looks great. That's a huge price jump for the new version though. From $80 to $300+. I might just take the low tech version. [/quote]

The $300 unit is examinable and exact on setting and easy to do. The $80 unit cannot be handed to the spec. The $300 unit is awesome. The $80 is fun but not convincing. Save the $80 and run to get a $300 unit in my humble opinion. If you want the $80 one I'm happy to sell you mine, used once, for $70 plus shipping!
This looks really clean. That you can let the spectator examine is a game changer.Thanks for the heads up on this. Looks like it is out of stock at the moment unfortunately.
You can call SEO and they will reserve one for you for when they get the next batch in.
Saving for this. Looks great!
Thanks StarManager. This definitely looks worth the investment.
Dr. O - My pleasure! I'm thrilled to share something that I FINALLY think is GOOD that came in the mail! I have no connection or affiliation with this product, to be clear, and I paid full price for mine. It's a wildly useful item.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, StarManager wrote:
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, professortango wrote:
That looks great. That's a huge price jump for the new version though. From $80 to $300+. I might just take the low tech version. [/quote]

The $300 unit is examinable and exact on setting and easy to do. The $80 unit cannot be handed to the spec. The $300 unit is awesome. The $80 is fun but not convincing. Save the $80 and run to get a $300 unit in my humble opinion. If you want the $80 one I'm happy to sell you mine, used once, for $70 plus shipping! [/quote]

Is the effect the same from the audience perspective? Aside from being able to hand out?
Same effect. Dastardly method. Fully handleable and can be scrutinized by spec. Smaller card in thinner lucite than the original.
Jonathan: The lucite frame and the photo trapped inside are exactly the same dimensions as the original.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/25zFVz2w/1-20180920_150903.jpg[/img]

I've always been a fan of the original Frozen in Time, but got really excited when I heard that an high tech version was going to be released in Japan, several months ago... Finally got mine last week and it is real gem, as expected!

It is not perfect, but still is excellent!

Simon
Simon - what constraints are on the High Tech version that make it not perfect. What would make it perfect?
The first thing that makes it "not perfect" is the limited range, at least with my set. I'm in communication with Hocus Pocus / Murphy about this issue to check if my set is defective... To make a long story short, my maximum range is about 3 feet when I hide the transmitter in my hand (finger palm) or up to 5 feet when I place the transmitter in my pants' pocket and operate it with my finger tips... This is fine for most performances, but it won't be suitable if I'd like to have a confederate operating the transmitter. A range of 15-20 feet would have been "perfect".

A minor issue I have is that there's no "on-off" switch in the box, so you have to remove the batteries (4 AAA) after each performance. (Thankfully there is an "on-off" switch on the transmitter). Any kind of switch for the box would have been helpfull...

Lastly, a very minor thing concerns the material used at the (false) bottom of the box, which is a black plastic sheet (see picture). I would have prefer the same material that the one used around the frame (a soft material would look more likely as a "protection" for the frame). I might try black velvet...

Simon
I echo and agree with Simon. I have added blutac to the rails so the black false bottom is not easy to take (or fall) out. My transmitter is good for about 20 feet palmed and 25 feet direct line of sight in pants pocket. Simon it may be the receiver not transmitter. Try a new battery in the transmitter and try using lithium or high power batteries in the reciever. I've put pieces of playing cards cut to a strip to make an OFF/ON switch by blocking the battery contacts on all the positive sides.

Simon I was going from memory on the old manual version. I was wrong. It is indeed the exact same size on the "postcard"

JT
Hey Jonathan, thanks for the ideas and advices!

I've tried brand new batteries (Duracell Quantum AAA for the receiver and Panasonic CR2032 for the transmitter) but the performance (range) did not improve... I will try lithium batteries instead... I had the chance to chat with another owner and he is also limited to 5 feet with the gimmick in his pants pocket... But he had better results than me palmed (up to 8 feet).

I will definitely cut some strips of playing card to block the battery contacts as you did, good idea!

Simon
I think the air in Hawaii is more conductive . . . LOL
Really appreciate the extra context gents. This looks to be a winner.
If your into DIY,

There are two batteries holders, one set of AAA batteries power the receiver and the other set of batteries powers the motor.

I haven't done this yet, but intend to do it.

If you cut one lead on the battery holder, then add some new wire to each cut end and add a normally closed magnetic reed switch to the circuit.

Do this for the other battery holder too.

Make sure that you added enough wire so the reed switches can reach the side or bottom of the box, together, side by side.

Where ever you are going to mount the reed switches, you first need to mount a small piece of magnetic metal, a shim so to speak.

Eventually you will hot glue the shim and the two side by side reed switches to the spot you want to mount them.

This will enable you to place a strong rare-earth magnet on the outside, which will stick to the box due to the shim and at the same open the two reed switches whne the magnet is in place, cutting the power to the innards.

In this way, you don't even have to take the inside of the box apart every time you want to remove batteries to shut things down.

This is the same technique that Tim Wisermann uses on a lot of his electronically gaffed boxes.

He calls it a "keeper magnet" arrangement.

I've done this to a number of effects that do not have an "off switch" of some sort.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2018, bartleby wrote:
Simon - what constraints are on the High Tech version that make it not perfect. What would make it perfect? [/quote]

Great Question!!!

1. The receiver has no on-off and you are required to REMOVE the batteries after every show and then replace before the show. They should have a switch in the box
2. The rest is on the thread now!

JT
Good tip Al, when I get mine will look at doing something along those lines. Not sure until I see it but I suspect just the receiver is probablly drawing power and needs to be shut off. The needed switch(s) can be harvested from cheap window alarms, have even seen them in dollar stores.

Thanks Jonathan and Simon for sharing your observations.
I emailed Kreis magic about the remote range as they are making the units. He responded that in ideal circumstances with no blockage it would be 10 metres or 30 feet. He said he would recommend being within a few metres or less when performing.
Al I have some of Tim's effects and love this idea. Sometimes, however, the mag falls off through moving or brushing and I find myself DOA replacing 12 batteries . . .
Great/helpful thread Gents. Thx much :)
Thanks 252life! Really appreciate hearing that the time put into these types of reviews is helping others. I love to see depth like this when I'm looking at things I don't have yet.

FYI all - I put in Lithium Energizers and kept them in doing 10 tests a day to see how long they would last. 3 days with 20 sets a day (set to midnight, perform a time movement times 10 is 20 sets, times 3 for 60 total positionings and 30 "performances." So - for most of us - we gotta pop out the top battery, with the red dot next to it after any show. But good to know.

Also - RANGE of receiver reduces rapidly from about 30 feet when brand new lithiums put in to only 20 feet after 4 performances and then down to about 12 feet after the first day. So there IS a distance issue. I tested line of sight from pants pocket.

JT
The distance issue is an issue with me too. Mine is 3 or 4 feet maximum no matter what brand batteries I use. And it gets worse as the batteries start to drain.
[quote]On Oct 1, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
The distance issue is an issue with me too. Mine is 3 or 4 feet maximum no matter what brand batteries I use. And it gets worse as the batteries start to drain. [/quote]

Hey Rowdymagi15,
Is that when you fingerpalm the transmitter (I'm at 3-4 feet too), when you place it in your Pocket (I reach up to 5-6 feet), or when you aim at the receiver like you would do with a TV remote (my max is 5-6 feet between the two props as well)?

Maybe it is a defective batch... Where did you get yours (I bought mine from Hocus Pocus the day it came out)?

Simon
Simon FYI I got mine at SEO. Initial batch they got.
This distance issue is a bit worrying.

I have put my name down with SEO Magic to buy one from the next batch available, but I am now thinking that I will need some confirmation from SEO Magic on what the operating range should be before committing to buy.
I'm not having a problem containing this to pocket and 5 feet away to be certain. I'd love it further.
I bought mine from SEO. It does help to "aim" the remote. I do not have full trust that in performance it will work, too dependent on a direct and short line of sight.
Another batch surfaced at SEO. I received mine today. Wow! what a nice effect. I Have not had a chance to play with it much but I feel this will get a lot of use. I want to thank you StarManager for the great thread and also thanks all those who participated. This exemplifies what the Cafť should be about.
Please let us know about the distance you can reach Dr.O !
Pleasure to be of help! PLEASE measure your distance for transmission and let us know your findings and what batteries you are using for the AA's. Thank you Dr. O!
I'm traveling at the moment but at my first opportunity I will try different batteries and report my findings. Thanks again gentlemen.
Also received mine from SEO magic this week and I must say think this is a wonderful piece of kit.

It works great and can transmit over 8 metres no problem with the batteries supplied.

Thinking as a former electronics engineer, if some of you are having a problem with it only

transmitting over a short distance I'd be looking at the transmitter (emitting a weak signal) rather

than the receiver which is supposed to be looking for the transmitter all the time according to the

video link. It might be worth mentioning in my experience the quality of CR2032 batteries can

vary as well.

Hope that helps.

Peter.
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer of this.

My unit acts crazy.

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get a constant transmission error on the remote.

I put fresh, ultimate lithium batteries in it, nothing, still a transmission error.

Sometimes I hear a high-pitch sound coming out of the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? I paid a lot for this, and right now I would not trust it in performance.
[i]On Oct 14, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get a constant transmission error on the remote. [/i]
[b] Same thing here. The error message appears when the remote is further from the box... It usually doesnít work over 5 feet (or 2-3 feet if finger palmed) and I get the transmission error messages 1 and 2.[/b]

[i]I put fresh, ultimate lithium batteries in it, nothing, still a transmission error.[/i]
[b] Same here. Iíve tried Super Lithium Energizer batteries, both in the box and transmitter, and the result is exactly the same.[/b]

[i]Sometimes I hear a high-pitch sound coming out of the unit.[/i]
[b] Usually, this happens if you donít insert the batteries in the proper order. You have to put the two batteries near the red dot first.[/b]

[i]Anyone have any ideas? I paid a lot for this, and right now I would not trust it in performance. [/i]
[b]I have contacted Hocus Pocus (the retailer) and got a reply from Murphyís (the distributor). They offered me to return my unit to my retailer so they could send me a replacement once available. I hesitate, since I notice that most of the buyers have the same kind of limitations so far... [/b]

Simon
[quote]On Oct 14, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer of this.

My unit acts crazy.

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get a constant transmission error on the remote.

I put fresh, ultimate lithium batteries in it, nothing, still a transmission error.

Sometimes I hear a high-pitch sound coming out of the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? I paid a lot for this, and right now I would not trust it in performance. [/quote]

I'm guessing you didn't buy it from SEO magic as mine came with two helpful video links to

instructional videos.The website is www.masudas-atto.com but the "high tech version" doesn't seem to

be listed. Personally I'd get back in touch where you bought it from..
What if he bought it from a Cafť member? If anyone here knew what was up (one would think), they'd have said it by now. . .
[quote]On Oct 14, 2018, afinemesh wrote:
What if he bought it from a Cafť member? If anyone here knew what was up (one would think), they'd have said it by now. . . [/quote]

Yes, I purchased it from a Cafť member.

It's spotty, it works, then doesn't work, and from what I gather, there has been numerous posts about this product having issues.

I guess I ate $300, since I didn't buy it direct from a dealer.

What bothers me most, is the person who sold this to me must have know that it has problems. It didn't just suddenly develop a problem during shipping.

Should I contact Murphy's directly?
Is the type of lucite frame used here common?

It might be a cool convincer to have other photos openly displayed in such a frame before the big reveal.

I did a search of lucite frames on Amazon but could not find any that match.
[quote]On Oct 21, 2018, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Is the type of lucite frame used here common?

It might be a cool convincer to have other photos openly displayed in such a frame before the big reveal.

I did a search of lucite frames on Amazon but could not find any that match. [/quote]

It might be cool if these things worked.

Murphy's talks about making things right when/if they get a new batch, but I don't see any evidence that any dealer, or Murphy's, expects a new batch anytime soon.
Thank you all for this very interesting thread.
Donít think Iíve put something on my Christmas list that has come back off again so quickly! Sounds like a fantastic effect but wonít risk buying until all those with problems have come back to say their issues have been solved and they are happy.
[quote]On Oct 30, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
Donít think Iíve put something on my Christmas list that has come back off again so quickly! Sounds like a fantastic effect but wonít risk buying until all those with problems have come back to say their issues have been solved and they are happy. [/quote]

My replacement unit is supposed to be on its way... I will keep you informed ASAP.

Simon
Hi Guys,

Now its back in stock and ready for shipping at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/frozen-in-time-high-tech-version-by-atto-co-ltd

Best,
Tom
It's good to know.....but has anyone receive confirmation that the problems have been fix with this new batch?

Bogbadger, like you it was on my Christmas list and off again in a flash.
I have learnt over the years to trust Al Desmondís views and expertise implicitly so will be happy to pop it back on Santaís list when Alís frown ☹️ has been turned into a smile 😃
Do you think this might be an updated version that Mystique are selling? I do like the look of it but a bit concerned with some of the comments on here re reliability.
I've finally had a chance to play with this. I too am concerned by the issues some folks are experiencing. I placed new Duracell Duralock Alkaline AAA's and didn't change the button battery for this round of testing. From the pocket I was able to get consistent results from 5 feet and 12 feet. Perhaps there has been a change with the new units? I'll run another round of test to check the farthest distance that I can get reliable (a dozen times in a row) hits.
FWIW some of the tries were not line of sight. Hope this helps or at least gives some encouragement for those who are having issues and hopefully there is a simple solution.
I received a call from Murphy's today, they are replacing my unit with one that just arrived in a new batch from Japan (or wherever).

I want to set something straight, I wasn't trying to imply that the person I purchased this from knew there was a problem, all I was trying to say that I got it from a Cafť member and there was a problem.

The Cafť member worked with me and Murphy's to make sure I got a replacement as soon as possible.

I will report back after I get this new unit.
I love the looks and idea of this.

But yeah.
For this amount of money. Actually, any amount. For the product to not function. Not good

Iím waiting on this one.
Thank you everyone for feedback
I got the replacement from Murphy's.

New batch according to Murphy's.

This is working fine, I guess the manufacturer fixed the problem, at least on the one I now have.
Thanks for the update Al, much appreciated
Hi Al, many thanks for the update.

Are you happy to share what operating range / distance you are getting with this new one?
This has been one of the most helpful threads I have found. ...On any item. I have, and am a fan of, the original Frozen In Time, (non-tech). I like that the entire watch face is showing on the new version and I have been considering the high-tech version. I think, if it was half the price it is, I would have bought it straight away; but for $300, I have got some concerns and questions. This thread has answered several of my questions, (range issues, battery type and number, reliability, etc.). I have a few more:

1. If the spectator is holding the box, can a sound be heard when the mechanism is moving the watch face?
2. Again, if the spectator is holding the box, can any movement associated with the mechanics working be felt by them?
3. How easy is the remote to operate? Are there multiple buttons representing specific times, or do you have to hit a single button the correct amount of times?
4. Problems with the box, (no on/off switch, receiver distance, etc.), have been discussed. Are there any issues associated with the remote that would cause it to be the cause of any failures?

Thanks!
[i]1. If the spectator is holding the box, can a sound be heard when the mechanism is moving the watch face? [/i]
[i]2. Again, if the spectator is holding the box, can any movement associated with the mechanics working be felt by them? [/i]

If the spectator holds the box, he will definitely feel a vibration.

If the box is placed on a hard surface, the vibration will be heard.

So the box has to be placed a soft surface (scarf, close-up mat...) to avoid any noticeable vibrations.

[i]3. How easy is the remote to operate? Are there multiple buttons representing specific times, or do you have to hit a single button the correct amount of times? [/i]

I donít want to reveal too much here, but I would say the remote is relatively easy to operate, once the initial set-up has been made (the set-up is easy to do but has to be followed correctly, step-by-step. Nothing difficult though.) The remote has a couple of modes and buttons...Don't worry, you don't have multiple buttons representing specific times... The remote can be easily operated with the thumb if the remote is palmed. I prefer to use my fingertips with the remote in my pants pocket. Either way, it is easy to operate.

[i]4. Problems with the box, (no on/off switch, receiver distance, etc.), have been discussed. Are there any issues associated with the remote that would cause it to be the cause of any failures? [/i]

An incorrect set-up, weak batteries (in the box or in the remote) or performing too far away from the box seem to be the main sources of failure. I don't see what else could go wrong.

Unfortunately, the only way to know that the transmission has failed is to look at the display on the remote, or at the clock in the box... There is no signal, like a vibration, to inform you that the transmission has succeeded or failed.

Regarding the distance of transmission, I hope to receive my new set next week and will be glad to test and testify. Murphyís Magic has confirmed by email that there has been a problem with a previous batch, that they have worked it out with the creator and that the transmission issues have been fixed.

By the way I received great assistance by Murphyís!

Simon
[quote]On Nov 4, 2018, magic259 wrote:
Hi Al, many thanks for the update.

Are you happy to share what operating range / distance you are getting with this new one? [/quote]

To be honest, I haven't tested for distance yet.

My original unit didn't work at all, so distance wasn't my first problem.

I will get to testing it for distance sometime this week, busy.

I did stain the box mahogany, added little felt stick-on pads on the bottom. I hate that blond color, it looks more like a keepsake box now, which is what I call the picture inside, a family keepsake, the family of H.H. Holmes, with a picture of his pocket watch, set to the exact time he was hanged.

I also keep a picture of Holmes inside, on top of the watch picture.

I'll let you know about distance soon.
[b]UPDATE[/b]

I received my new set yesterday afternoon. I made several tests since.

First, I tried at 5 feet. It worked.

Then at 12 feet (several times). It worked.

Finally I tried a couple of times at approx 25 feet. To my surprise, it still worked!

So... Iím happy to announce that the distance issue I had has been solved!

I think that a couple of things might have been modified on the transmitter. First, the electronics are now protected by a transparent plastic sleeve. Good idea! There is also an electronic component that looks like an antenna; Iím not sure if it was on my original... Jonathan, do you see an antenna circuit on the bottom right corner of your transmitter?

Finally, another minor problem (or concern) I had with my first set has apparently been solved as well. Without going into details, let say that the revealed hours on the clock are more constantly precise than they were.

I am very happy with my new set, as you can imagine! :)

So glad I reported the problem and sent back my first set for replacement!

Now, this might be my best magic purchase so far this year!

Best,
Simon
Oh boy. Now that's an endorsement.

Time to save up some change.
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, simcoscor wrote:
[b]UPDATE[/b]

I received my new set yesterday afternoon. I made several tests since.

First, I tried at 5 feet. It worked.

Then at 12 feet (several times). It worked.

Finally I tried a couple of times at approx 25 feet. To my surprise, it still worked!

So... Iím happy to announce that the distance issue I had has been solved!

I think that a couple of things might have been modified on the transmitter. First, the electronics are now protected by a transparent plastic sleeve. Good idea! There is also an electronic component that looks like an antenna; Iím not sure if it was on my original... Jonathan, do you see an antenna circuit on the bottom right corner of your transmitter?

Finally, another minor problem (or concern) I had with my first set has apparently been solved as well. Without going into details, let say that the revealed hours on the clock are more constantly precise than they were.

I am very happy with my new set, as you can imagine! :)

So glad I reported the problem and sent back my first set for replacement!

Now, this might be my best magic purchase so far this year!

Best,
Simon [/quote]

Glad to hear you have got it sorted and the problems of the earlier models have been rectified.

Always thought this is a great piece of kit and totally baffling and impossible for the spectators.

It's not cheap and you are paying for the electronics, so they have to work correctly..!
We have a few left readdy for immediate dispatch. Needless to say its an awesome device I can highly recommend it. :)

Get it now at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/frozen-in-time-high-tech-version-by-atto-co-ltd

Best,
Tom
I received my version 2 days ago! Works perfect! Also I've added 2 swithes so no there is no need to remove the batteryes every time!
I hope they will make one more frame with a cards or some pictures for this version !
Who know , will they made the card frame for hight tech version ?
I could see this if it did both hour and minutes. But hour only? Smacks too much of a gimmick.
The methodology is extremely cunning and the gimmick of quality.

We feel in Masuda a particular care brought to the details, so much the photo seems real.

Without a pun, this is "fine watchmaking". We imagine the hours spent to develop this absolutely superb prototype, as aesthetic as effective.

You just have to make sure to hide the mechanism slightly with your thumb, very discreetly down. But overall, this should not be a problem!
The effect is indeed devastating: an hour chosen by the spectators appears in a still photo, itself under a sealed photo frame.

The methodology is extremely cunning and the quality gimmick.

As for Instagrab, we feel in Masuda a particular care brought to the details, so much the photo seems real.

Without a pun, this is "fine watchmaking". We imagine the hours spent to develop this absolutely superb prototype, as aesthetic as effective.

You just have to make sure to hide the mechanism slightly with your thumb, very discreetly down. But overall, this should not be a problem!

Without a doubt one of the nuggets of 2019, with Project Polaroid.
Has anyone got any new ideas as to working the the remote other then palming or in the pocket. If setting at a table I use the remote on my lap, that works ok. Just got this trick and it's a winner!
I think I came up with an answer. Hollow out a deck of cards big enough to hide the remote. Have them think of a time and deal out that number. Then push the remote buttons and put the deck back in the card case and put in your pocket.
[quote]On Jul 31, 2019, reed kammerer wrote:
I think I came up with an answer. Hollow out a deck of cards big enough to hide the remote. Have them think of a time and deal out that number. Then push the remote buttons and put the deck back in the card case and put in your pocket. [/quote]

Why not just let the spectator push the button? May take a little more work but get one of those "That's Easy" big red buttons from Staples and adapt it to activate the remote. Set the big red button on table and do what part of the trick you want to do and say, "That was easy, wasn't it?" Have spectator hit the button and go from there. I do not have this effect so not sure if this idea is workable but it is a thought.
I put a picture of Holmes in the box, upside down. Open the box, show the time and then show the picture, explain the backstory and then reveal that they chose the exact hour Holmes was hanged.
Question?? Is there a reason to always reset at 12 o'clock. Why not start the next performance, starting with the last number chooson in the last performance. Then don't have to reset all the time, can do it rightaway.
[quote]On Aug 13, 2019, reed kammerer wrote:
Question?? Is there a reason to always reset at 12 o'clock. Why not start the next performance, starting with the last number chooson in the last performance. Then don't have to reset all the time, can do it rightaway. [/quote]

Cause the way it is programed, it always need to start from 12.

If you left it in the position it was in the last time you used it, the transmitter would assume that you are starting from 12.

After each transmission, the transmitter assumes on the next transmission, that it is set at 12.

The transmitter does not remember what time is currently on the dial. It has no memory of your last performance.