(Close Window)
Topic: Salt load in newspaper?
Hello,

I am doing the Elmsley Cups and Balls routine with the salt pour finale. Iíd like to show an article in the newspaper at the start of the routine.

Does anyone have ideas of how to load the salt in the newspaper so I can lift it up and show at least one side?

Thank you!
I've made a few 'pockets' out of ziplock bags and the like. The issue is, of course, when I pick the newspaper up, the salt collects at the bottom. This tips the salt is in the newspaper both audibly and visually.

I think the salt pocket needs to be stiff or someway gaffed to hold the salt in place until I release the ziplock opening. Anyone have suggestions on this?

Thanks!
The Elmsley finale is not very practical for the street. You may want to post your question in the Ever So Sleightly section.
Hi,

Yeah, had to scrap the idea for now. Hours of breaking through newspapers.... Thought I could figure out a work around. One thing I haven't tried is a thin hard case, but I didn't think it would fit enough salt to be worth the effect. Alas, but it's all part of the process.
Most newspapers have several sections. You can put the salt load in a section you donít pick up at all until the end. The headline is just on the top section, so you lift and display. If you feel like doing the setup, you could also do a T&R paper, just to have one more reason for the paper on the table.

Patrick
Have you tried a balloon? Or even the old fart gag, the Whoopee cushion. Use the color ads page, to help with the camouflage.
A balloon could be a great idea.
See ideas from Tom Stone on the subject of balloons for this sort of thing.