(Close Window)
Topic: *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber
Trailer: https://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-wallet.html
I don't understand how he's not burning his fingers lol

Looks really cool tho!
And then youo hand a lighter fluid soaked business card to someone and expect them to keep it? I feel like that would have the opposite effect.
Whatís new in comparison to ę†Burning Connection 2.0†Ľ by Andy Amix ? Iím struggling to see the differences.
This looks interesting but I think I'd have to wait for a review of someone who has it before considering it. I've been burned (sorry about that) by purchasing items prior to reviews! I was wondering about the lighter fluid as well. Given that the video pretty much shows you how it works, I'd like to see how the cards have to be prepared. In the demo with the bill, it looks like it gets singed a bit.

Dave
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
Whatís new in comparison to ę†Burning Connection 2.0†Ľ by Andy Amix ? Iím struggling to see the differences. [/quote]

The quality of the trailer I guess... :)
Pace hot leads being re-introduced.
Very fair trailer. Pretty much shows you everything. I had Hot Leads but could never get it to work. This looks more foolproof. One question is whether this works with glossy full color business cards which pretty much everyone uses these days. Hot Leads would not work with those cards and that was a pain. Iím guessing the same limitation has to apply here but the ad seems to imply otherwise
Iím impressed but even if I can justify a use I wonder how much practice it takes to judge when the flammable substance is done so that it doesnít burn the item and also the reality of giving out a smelly, chemically dollar if I prematurely blow it out. Or are we holding it until it goes out by itself? It was amazing to watch him unfold the dollar and not get burned!!!
OH WOW. You guys made a version of Hot Leads! As a owner of Hot Leads, I highly recommend this Pyro Wallet site unseen, based on having used Hot Leads and this looks like a good improvement over Hot Leads. I'm excited.

[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
Iím impressed but even if I can justify a use I wonder how much practice it takes to judge when the flammable substance is done so that it doesnít burn the item and also the reality of giving out a smelly, chemically dollar if I prematurely blow it out. Or are we holding it until it goes out by itself? It was amazing to watch him unfold the dollar and not get burned!!! [/quote]

Due to how this works, the likelihood of it burning the card is low to none, you just have to put the fire out before it actually starts burning the card stock (very easy in practice). I however will not recommend to use glossy cards for this due to the nature of how the card gets prepped (and the prepping if this is set up much like Hot Leads doesn't need any preshow prepping, it's a self contained "auto" prepping).
Looks very cool.

Is it the wallet going to reek of lighter fluid though and stink up your pocket?

Kind of a deal breaker if so but still very cool looking
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Looks very cool.

Is it the wallet going to reek of lighter fluid though and stink up your pocket?

Kind of a deal breaker if so but still very cool looking [/quote]

Of course it is. How can it not when even having a Zippo in the pocket makes your pocket smell like it's been doused in lighter fluid?
Thatís what I figured. Wasnít sure if there was some other treatment involved.

But yeah, no other way around it I suppose.
On the product page:

"Regarding crediting:
For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know, Iím not going to mention the personís name on this page. But rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus. Also rest assured, Ellusionist has upgraded, streamlined, high-technologied, and qualitied-up the product to the Nth degree. Thatís why I put Adam Wilber on it, itís what he does as product developer. The person in question is credited fully in the instructions, but I will not put them onto the actual product page given the circumstances.
~ Brad Christian"
Kinda bugs me that they release this but the marker I pre-ordered has been pushed back... (Yah, I'm impatient! Lol)

I also didn't see it mention hot leads specifically, but it does say that :
"rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus".
So I assume (hope) they credited correctly. (Wouldn't be surprised if it's an addition at the end of the video)
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, Phatmeat wrote:
On the product page:

"Regarding crediting:
For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know, Iím not going to mention the personís name on this page. But rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus. Also rest assured, Ellusionist has upgraded, streamlined, high-technologied, and qualitied-up the product to the Nth degree. Thatís why I put Adam Wilber on it, itís what he does as product developer. The person in question is credited fully in the instructions, but I will not put them onto the actual product page given the circumstances.
~ Brad Christian" [/quote]

So give him credit on the video but not in the ad copy while saying "For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know" makes no sense. If the "reasons" are so egregious, then why credit him at all? See the logic doesn't work. Either give FULL credit EVERYWHERE or no credit ANYWHERE.
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, elimagic wrote:
And then youo hand a lighter fluid soaked business card to someone and expect them to keep it? I feel like that would have the opposite effect. [/quote]

This is exactly my first thoughts as well. It looks great though... I will probably still get it, but I am concerned about handing out the card afterward...
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
On the product page:

"Regarding crediting:

So give him credit on the video but not in the ad copy while saying "For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know" makes no sense. If the "reasons" are so egregious, then why credit him at all? See the logic doesn't work. Either give FULL credit EVERYWHERE or no credit ANYWHERE. [/quote]

Guessing they do that so you don't search the original and buy that! (Not saying that's the correct way to do it... Just an assumption)
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:

So give him credit on the video but not in the ad copy while saying "For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know" makes no sense. If the "reasons" are so egregious, then why credit him at all? See the logic doesn't work. Either give FULL credit EVERYWHERE or no credit ANYWHERE. [/quote]

Guessing they do that so you don't search the original and buy that! (Not saying that's the correct way to do it... Just an assumption) [/quote]

I understand the logic above; however, I feel that's very cynical and an an unfair assumption to make in this case. I would say with a high degree of certainty that the decision to omit his name was not financially motivated, at least not in the way that you're thinking. Besides, his product isn't even available for purchase anymore and is listed out of stock everywhere because the manufacturing ceased quite some time ago.
Https://youtu.be/CSN5EsfKoyo
Could you use this on that bad boy wallet .it would save scorching a bill as seen on the demo video
After seeing why the didn't give direct credit in the ad, this helps E's credibility in my book. Order going in...
Yeah, that's pretty horrific. But good on E on this one.

Looking forward to the reviews and thoughts on the prep/set up.
Yeah, don't want your company/website to fall into a google search algorithm with a person like that. Smart move on Ellusionist part.
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
Kinda bugs me that they release this but the marker I pre-ordered has been pushed back... (Yah, I'm impatient! Lol)

I also didn't see it mention hot leads specifically, but it does say that :
"rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus".
So I assume (hope) they credited correctly. (Wouldn't be surprised if it's an addition at the end of the video) [/quote]

Starts shipping tomorrow. Sorry it got held up in the shipping process, but now it's in our warehouse, we're getting it out to you all ASAP.

- G
Good news we will be getting this the UK next week.

The item will be listed on our website for pre order pending its arrival later today.
Its listed here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/pyro-wallet-by-adam-wilber-and-ellusionist.html
I do like this new trend from E for more revealing trailers, especially when its a bit of technical kit that one can't just reproduce.

Does Jim Pace financially benefit from this product at all? I assume that E must have paid for the rights to produce this or otherwise it's just a knock off, albeit an improved one.
This is really well made. Itís such a cool effect I gotta make sure it doesnít trump the magic in my set! Is there a time limit for using wicked business cards? Even dried can wicked cards be used after a long time so you donít need fresh ones?
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question?
Seems pretty well made. Wish the igniter button was a little better but not a major issue. The compartment holds about 5 prepped cards which should be plenty for an hr show and you can carry other prepped cards in a small ziplock if you need to reload. Looking forward to giving this a whirl
Eric my only beef is the crummy quality of the plastic holder. Think it would destroy wallet too much if we superglued it to the sides for easy insertion? Btw for those that donít have it, this is still a great product worth having.
Those that have the wallet........ How far in advance can the cards be prepared before they no longer work, and is there a significant odour to the wallet after it has been used.

An afterthought ........ would this wallet, once it has been used, have any trouble being taken through security before boarding an aircraft?
[quote]On Nov 11, 2018, rasp wrote:
Those that have the wallet........ How far in advance can the cards be prepared before they no longer work, and is there a significant odour to the wallet after it has been used.

An afterthought ........ would this wallet, once it has been used, have any trouble being taken through security before boarding an aircraft? [/quote]

Cards are basically prepped on the spot. I'm basing this off the Hot Leads product which I'm pretty sure applies to the E product. So here's the breakdown based on that:

1) Cards are not prepped in advanced. What you have is a work side of the wallet where the card that will be ignited comes out of. The pocket itself is prepped which in turn automatically preps the card you stick into that pocket. There's a odor to the wallet but from my personal experience, it doesn't take away from the effect for the audience (they really are not paying that much attention to the odors, especially since the card bursts into flames pretty much immediately after you pull it out of the wallet).

2) You're likely going to have trouble with carrying the wallet on board a plane as a carry on. The reasons are as follows:

Even if you don't have the wallet set up (meaning no fluid), there's a battery pack inside the wallet and there's a heating element that is clear as day when they open up the wallet. So TSA already has questions with suspicious looking battery packs + the heating element makes it possible for them to treat it as they would a lighter (not allowed on board a flight).
I have Hot Leads and have used it for years. Did have trouble with TSA a while back and had to have the unit mailed to me. Storing the prepared business cards was no problem. The quality of the business card wallet is nice. Many magic items are moving toward USB charging of battery packs. As long as the durability is good, I'm in agreement with the use of the additional technology. The Hot Leads is rather Old School, but still very functional.
I got Hot Leads when it first came out and when I first started using it I think I soaked my cards a little to much as the flame was really big and

Pretty impressive. The magic shop here demo's it all the time and has sold a bunch.

But this new one looks pretty good.

Hot leads hold more business cards.

Warning if you have long hair as I do......

Be Careful.
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2018, rasp wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp. [/quote]

Also of note, the E wallet states that it holds 25 cards. You're not going to be able to go through all 25 cards with a single prepping of the "hot" side of the wallet. You'll be able to get a few cards worth out of it before having to refill the "hot" side. So if you're thinking about giving out 10 flaming cards at a event, you're likely going to have to carry a small container of the solution around to refill the "hot" side. This solution is super easy to find and most of the folks reading this would already know what this solution is.

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect.
How long does the 'hot side' of the wallet last for before needing to be prepped again if not used immediately?
How long does the 'hot side' of the wallet last for before needing to be prepped again if not used immediately? [/quote]

Quite some time. It really depends on how much air you're exposing the wallet to since it has to do with evaporation. I would say that it would be along the lines of a fire wallet. A bit better than the fire wallet though because due to the nature of it, the reservoir is exposed to air less than the fire box on a fire wallet.
Thanks.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:

Rasp. [/quote]

Also of note, the E wallet states that it holds 25 cards. You're not going to be able to go through all 25 cards with a single prepping of the "hot" side of the wallet. You'll be able to get a few cards worth out of it before having to refill the "hot" side. So if you're thinking about giving out 10 flaming cards at a event, you're likely going to have to carry a small container of the solution around to refill the "hot" side. This solution is super easy to find and most of the folks reading this would already know what this solution is.

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect. [/quote]

My Hot Leads must have been different, because what mine uses can be found and replaced pretty easily. Were there a few models of it maybe? Mine used no flash paper, and was instant every single time.
I watched the trailer for this one, and the heating element definitely looks interesting, but I just don't think I would want to walk around with this in my pocket, and it's a bit bigger than the Hot Leads design, which was just for business cards really, and not a full wallet size.
I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better?
[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:
[quote]On Nov 12, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:

Rasp. [/quote]

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect. [/quote]

My Hot Leads must have been different, because what mine uses can be found and replaced pretty easily. Were there a few models of it maybe? Mine used no flash paper, and was instant every single time.
I watched the trailer for this one, and the heating element definitely looks interesting, but I just don't think I would want to walk around with this in my pocket, and it's a bit bigger than the Hot Leads design, which was just for business cards really, and not a full wallet size.
I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better? [/quote]

Yes I have the same Hot Leads I think.No flash paper just a lighter.
There was another fire wallet that he put out with an element and flash paper. It was terrible.
My Hot Leads is still working well after many years .
The ignition system in this is far superior to everything else Iíve used over the years. Completely silent and instantaneous. Thus far, mine works flawlessly.
Our delivery of Pyro Wallet to the UK is on schedule and will be with us on Friday, maybe Thursday if we are lucky with the courier service.

Order yours here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/pyro-wallet-by-adam-wilber-and-ellusionist.html
[quote]On Nov 12, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
[quote]On Nov 11, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question? [/quote] [/quote]

Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product.
[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, chappelly wrote:

Yes I have the same Hot Leads I think.No flash paper just a lighter.
There was another fire wallet that he put out with an element and flash paper. It was terrible.
My Hot Leads is still working well after many years . [/quote]

[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:

I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better? [/quote]

Completely be possible that I am mis-remembering here (I bought virtually all of the Jim Pace fire products that he came out with). May actually have been a lighter (this must have been what now? over a decade back at least?) but I do recall there having been two versions of Hot Leads that came out so... there is that.

Regardless, the spark approach to light the card appears to be far superior and more dependable (that's basically what the E version does, instead of a flint striking to get the initial spark or lighting flash paper for the same purpose, the E version just creates a instantaneous electrical spark).
Just got this but sadly itís apparently DOA. Iím awaiting a response to email I sent to Ellusionist regarding repair or exchange but nothing yet.
Great tutorial by Adam Wilber, well taught and very thorough...
1st shipping and DOA? It happpens but man, thatís beat
[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:

Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product. [/quote]

It's a knock off then, Great!

[quote]On Nov 9, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I assume that E must have paid for the rights to produce this or otherwise it's just a knock off, albeit an improved one. [/quote]
On the product page:

"Regarding crediting:

They credit him because Pyro Wallet is based on the concept/product he created. They can't give no credit ANYWHERE because if they do "some magicians" will complain, as Ellusionist doesn't have a 100% track record of asking permission to use other magician's intellectual property and/or giving magician's the credit that they're due.
[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, mantel wrote:
Ellusionist doesn't have a 100% track record of asking permission to use other magician's intellectual property and/or giving magician's the credit that they're due. [/quote]

My point exactly.
[quote]On Nov 13, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:

Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product. [/quote]

Thanks Geraint
The ad says "Adam gave away 200 flaming business cards in one show." So how often did he have to refill the "well"?

The issue with Hot Leads is prepping the reservoir to hold the card. It's super difficult to do and impossible to keep the fluid in there long enough to use. When it's time to use 10-30 minutes later, the fluid and business card is already dry. How has this been addressed with Pyro Wallet?
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
The ad says "Adam gave away 200 flaming business cards in one show." So how often did he have to refill the "well"?

The issue with Hot Leads is prepping the reservoir to hold the card. It's super difficult to do and impossible to keep the fluid in there long enough to use. When it's time to use 10-30 minutes later, the fluid and business card is already dry. How has this been addressed with Pyro Wallet? [/quote]

Now these have arrived in stock and I now have one myself I can comment.

There is no well of higher fluid so no worry about topping up during a gig which is good. You carry spare cards in a zip lock bag and refill the wallet as you need them.
I'm just doing a test, the cards have been in the wallet an hour, I'll leave them for 2 hours and see if they light and report back.

It is well made.

Works great.

Looks amazing in use.

I found you can adjust the spark size, mine was quite small, it worked but took maybe a second to light, by spreading the arms a fraction my spark doubled and it works amazingly.

We have a few left in stock and more on order if we show out of stock https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/pyro-wallet-by-adam-wilber-and-ellusionist.html
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients [/quote]

Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell.
Ok, I couldn't wait 1 hour 25 minutes in the wallet and they work just fine.
Ah, so for this you have to prep the cards themselves. With this in mind, I kind of like the Hot Lead method of prep better TBH. Just wished that the Hot Leads wallet prepped area was a bit more airtight so that you didn't have to top it off so often.
Hi, I just left them for six hours in the wallet. test was successful.
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Ah, so for this you have to prep the cards themselves. With this in mind, I kind of like the Hot Lead method of prep better TBH. Just wished that the Hot Leads wallet prepped area was a bit more airtight so that you didn't have to top it off so often. [/quote]

You could put liquid in the wallet but that brings safety risks with it as excess fluid can be dragged up and also spilt if the wallet was tipped up.

Prepping the cards in my view is a much safer way of doing this and it is proving to be very reliable.
Why have two posts about Jim Paceís criminal record been deleted.
Are the mods trying to conceal his wrongdoing?
Thatís creepy AF.
Bit weird having my post removed. People suggesting jim pace should be credited and I just pointed out he molested kids and deserves nothing from anyone. People should know about him as I wouldnt want to buy something like the web knowing I was supporting a nonce
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, makulit974 wrote:
Hi, I just left them for six hours in the wallet. test was successful. [/quote]

That's encouraging. Just placed my order. Hopefully card prep is simple and works well.
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:

That's encouraging. Just placed my order. Hopefully card prep is simple and works well. [/quote]

Prep is very easy and quick. Honestly nothing to worry about.
itís worth mentioning that it will not work with all business cards.
I have two types of business cards, a simple one with white background that I use in some of my routines. Itís made of basic card stock.
The second one is high end with gold foil and thick card stock. It doesnít work with those. The fire burns the gold instantly.

The simpler the card the better in this instance.
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, RNK wrote:
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients [/quote]

Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell. [/quote]

Much worse if the magician smells like lighter fluid. Seems to be an issue with products of this type. Wonder how they fixed that problem....
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, corpmagi wrote:
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, RNK wrote:

Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell. [/quote]

Much worse if the magician smells like lighter fluid. Seems to be an issue with products of this type. Wonder how they fixed that problem.... [/quote]

I don't think they did...

[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Nov 6, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Looks very cool.

P
Kind of a deal breaker if so but still very cool looking [/quote]

Of course it is. How can it not when even having a Zippo in the pocket makes your pocket smell like it's been doused in lighter fluid? [/quote]
The overnight test worked which is amazing it lasts that long in the wallet.

I don't get all this discussion about smell, fire wallets have been around for nearly ever, you should all know what the implications are of using one or something similar.

As you practice with yes the room will smell, go out with it in a normal way and use it as instructed I doubt anyone will smell anything on you.
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I don't get all this discussion about smell, fire wallets have been around for nearly ever, you should all know what the implications are of using one or something similar.

As you practice with yes the room will smell, go out with it in a normal way and use it as instructed I doubt anyone will smell anything on you. [/quote]

The difference between this and a fire wallet is that you are giving out the business card to potential clients. Adam makes great claims in the promo of how he uses this for marketing however iím bringing up the fact that I donít think my corporate clients would appreciate me handing them a card stinking of fuel? A fire wallet itself smells of fuel, but the card out of it handed to the spectator does not.

If the promo didnít place such an emphasis on it being the best way to hand out your card to clients, I wouldnít have brought it up but that just doesnít seem like reality as most people arenít going to want a lighter fluid soaked card. Mabe I just donít get it. It does seem like a well made product that if you donít see the same issue as I do, then it appears like a winner.
I don't see the same issue, once lit the card does not light again as the fuel will be burnt off.

Do clients sniff business cards?

Some will see problems with this product which is fine, not every products suits everyone.
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, elimagic wrote:

As you practice with yes the room will smell, go out with it in a normal way and use it as instructed I doubt anyone will smell anything on you. [/quote]

The difference between this and a fire wallet is that you are giving out the business card to potential clients. Adam makes great claims in the promo of how he uses this for marketing however iím bringing up the fact that I donít think my corporate clients would appreciate me handing them a card stinking of fuel? A fire wallet itself smells of fuel, but the card out of it handed to the spectator does not.

If the promo didnít place such an emphasis on it being the best way to hand out your card to clients, I wouldnít have brought it up but that just doesnít seem like reality as most people arenít going to want a lighter fluid soaked card. Mabe I just donít get it. It does seem like a well made product that if you donít see the same issue as I do, then it appears like a winner. [/quote]

The card is only soaked in lighter fluid if you donít light it. Once itís been lit, itís not soaked anymore...
There will be a residual smell but only faint. I donít see it being a problem even in corporate settings.
You can buy special fluid without any smell at all.

https://www.kaktus-fx.com/
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, makulit974 wrote:
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, elimagic wrote:

Interesting! Thanks for your thoughts.

If the promo didnít place such an emphasis on it being the best way to hand out your card to clients, I wouldnít have brought it up but that just doesnít seem like reality as most people arenít going to want a lighter fluid soaked card. Mabe I just donít get it. It does seem like a well made product that if you donít see the same issue as I do, then it appears like a winner. [/quote]

The card is only soaked in lighter fluid if you donít light it. Once itís been lit, itís not soaked anymore...
There will be a residual smell but only faint. I donít see it being a problem even in corporate settings. [/quote]
How long does it take to treat the cards ?
About 5 seconds
I did this 10 times last night. Reactions were great and the fire was huge. I did notice though that people were hesitant to touch the cards let alone keep them.
Didn't understood if you treat the card right before you take the card out, the wallet has a fluid reservoir?

Thanks!
You treat them first then put them in wallet. Plastic pouch in wallet holds the cards.
A question for owners of this wallet. I bought one but the blue light in the wallet never went out when I was charging it to indicate the charge was complete. Any of you experience this? (I was told by the folks at Ellusionist that the light should go out when fully charged - about one hour.)
I am quite surprised that my request for an owner of this wallet to let me know about the blue lightís status on charging. I really would like to know if other of you owners have the blue light go out after about an hour to signify it is fully charged. (It looks like my post was a ďthread killerĒ ????)
I've asked if the video is incorrect because mine and another I have tried the light stays on and works fine.

With it having been the weekend and UK time difference I don't expect to hear for at least another 6 hours.
If you buy the zippo lighter fluid (black box) it's advertised as no odor.

As far as the charging light. I charged mine for 15 minutes and it held a charge for 2 days
[quote]On Nov 16, 2018, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Bit weird having my post removed. People suggesting jim pace should be credited and I just pointed out he molested kids and deserves nothing from anyone. People should know about him as I wouldnt want to buy something like the web knowing I was supporting a nonce [/quote]

Agreed. That's exactly why I wanted to know if he benefits financially from this release at all. The answer was No.
My review - some live performances (good and horribly wrong) I talk about smell and show you what your cards will look like when it's over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeS20mlEL5k
I had word back.

They are changing the video instruction as the blue light does not go out when charging.

I had to laugh at David's video when he had a big fire!

I've found prepping around 12mm is more than enough and the cards last all day.

If the wallet catches fire you have too much liquid on the cards, they must have been really soaked which has caused liquid to go onto the wallet and therefore catch fire when the card goes up. With the correct preparation the wallet will not catch fire.

We have had a lot of questions about how long to soak cards etc.

The answer is it really depends on your cards.

I've tried various and the ones where you can see the liquid soak into the card work best for me, high gloss ones do not soak the liquid very well but still work and will sit in the wallet for a few hours in my case which is still not bad.

Also you can vary the size of the spark, make sure you have it spaced so you get a nice big spark, too close and the spark is very small.

This all sounds a bit vague and maybe complicated but it really is simple, apply common sense and above all be safe with it, it is a fantastic item if used correctly.
Actually the wallet catches fire because when my finger lets go of the ignition, sometimes the flame stays on and it rests against the faux leather and begins to burn it.
[quote]On Nov 20, 2018, DavidKenney wrote:
Actually the wallet catches fire because when my finger lets go of the ignition, sometimes the flame stays on and it rests against the faux leather and begins to burn it. [/quote]

Still sounds like you are using too much juice the wallet should not get wet enough to catch fire, the contacts can move also so bend them away a little if it is causing you an issue.
[quote]On Nov 19, 2018, DavidKenney wrote:
My review - some live performances (good and horribly wrong) I talk about smell and show you what your cards will look like when it's over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeS20mlEL5k [/quote]

Can't beat that look of panic on your face with the big flame. Just imagine if that had happened at a booked venue? Goodbye carpet.
That is why I said 12mm is plenty to soak the card.

I bet in the video that card was soaked far more, it must have been to go up like that.

This instructions do say no more than half the card, maybe they should have said 1/4 just in case someone goes a little over and thinks it does not matter.
Ad versus reality...

Trying to add photo but not working...
I am positive that everything that went wrong was user error.

:D
Great review, but kept getting distracted by your non-stop moving hand, it was making me dizzy.
i tried mine after leaving them for a hour and they wouldn't light, what did you do that I maybe didn't?
This just arrived today...played around with four business cards and lights up beautifully!!

Gonna try leaving the cards in the wallet for a few hours and see what happens.

A side note, the arc arms are not even in length - one is shorter than the other, but it still works. I'm worried if this will have a long term reliability issue though?
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, Magic_Ash wrote:
i tried mine after leaving them for a hour and they wouldn't light, what did you do that I maybe didn't? [/quote]

If they don't light your spark may be too small, the terminals can move together so make sure they are spaced to get as large a spark as possible, too far and you get no spark.

If you have a good spark then it must be not enough juice on the card, when it sparks it will light if it won't there can't be enough fuel.
My cards lights after an hour, but no longer than that. Have no idea how these folks are getting to light after 6 hours, nevermind overnight!

Also one time, my arc light stayed on after the initial lighting - burned a hole in my other cards.
[quote]On Nov 22, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
My cards lights after an hour, but no longer than that. Have no idea how these folks are getting to light after 6 hours, nevermind overnight!

Also one time, my arc light stayed on after the initial lighting - burned a hole in my other cards. [/quote]

It is all about understanding how it works and how to prep your cards, the instructions go into some detail. It may be boring to watch but it's really important to understand how this works or you will end up in trouble.

The wires and spark should not be touching the cards when stored in the wallet otherwise they may burn the wallet or the other cards.

The spark is basically fire so if you let it come into contact with anything that burns it will burn it, that is why this is an over 18's product.
Iíve used the classic renditions successfully for years and am excited to see a more modern version on the market. Like anything, it will require you to become familiar with the props at hand through careful experimentation. Once youíve become fully acclimated, you will be performing with it like a pro in no time. I have seen another similar product called The Burning Connection which can be found here http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8799 If this has not already been addressed then Iíd like to see a side by side comparison.
If you combine this with 'Trace' you have a really awesome effect.

You remove a card (prediction) from your wallet and it comes out on fire, it's also the wrong card......you blow the flame out and burnt on the card is the image of the chosen card..boom!

This is just the bare bones, just add your style/presentation...
[quote]On Nov 17, 2018, ArtIn wrote:

https://www.kaktus-fx.com/ [/quote]

Its this one:

Spezial-Fluid fŁr "Brennende Visitenkarte"

Its a special fluid for business cards that even leaves a peppermint scent after it is burned.
[quote]On Nov 25, 2018, ArtIn wrote:

Its this one:

Its a special fluid for business cards that even leaves a peppermint scent after it is burned. [/quote]

Nice, I'd order in a second, but unfortunately I cannot navigate the German website.
[quote]On Nov 26, 2018, dooblehorn wrote:
[quote]On Nov 25, 2018, ArtIn wrote:

Its this one:

Its a special fluid for business cards that even leaves a peppermint scent after it is burned. [/quote]

Nice, I'd order in a second, but unfortunately I cannot navigate the German website. [/quote]

Have you tried Google Chrome?
Should give you the option to translate.
Question to anyone who owns this. I had hot leads, but before frixon pens were a thing. If you mark the card with a frixon pen & burn it, can the ink change from the heat before the card starts on fire? I know I may be thinking about doing too much and should just let the fire speak for itself, but if it works, Iíd still try it.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2018, The zone wrote:
Question to anyone who owns this. I had hot leads, but before frixon pens were a thing. If you mark the card with a frixon pen & burn it, can the ink change from the heat before the card starts on fire? I know I may be thinking about doing too much and should just let the fire speak for itself, but if it works, Iíd still try it. [/quote]

I don't see how you can accomplish this logistically speaking.

So here's the breakdown of where the pitfalls are:

1) The card will reek of fluid.
2) Spectators shouldn't handle the prepped card prior to lighting it on fire (after having put the fire out of course).
3) For them to know that the writing/drawing/whatever is gone they need to be aware of it being on the card in the first place.
4) For point number three you will have to point it out to them which brings us back to points 1 and 2.

I don't see how you can really pull this off since if you draw/write on the thing in real time in front of them then the prepped card will have all that time in the open reeking of fluid. You also can't let them do the writing/drawing because they will wonder why part of the card is wet and why it reeks of fluid. That leaves us with cards that are both prepped and have writing/drawing/etc. on them which you have to point out to them so that they are aware it's on there for there to be an effect at the end for which you're going to be smelling up the place with fluid.
Hi,

Does anyone know the link to the online shop that Adam Wilber said on the video tutorial about Thermochromic ink Business card?
Http://appearingbusinesscards.com/
[quote]On Dec 9, 2018, kazpet wrote:
Http://appearingbusinesscards.com/ [/quote]

That is what I'm looking for.

Thank you very much Kaspet.
A sample of those business cards are coming to me, I am willing to set myself on fire again for a follow up review
[quote]On Nov 19, 2018, DavidKenney wrote:
If you buy the zippo lighter fluid (black box) it's advertised as no odor.

As far as the charging light. I charged mine for 15 minutes and it held a charge for 2 days [/quote]
I believe the Zippo black box lighter fluid says "low odor" not "no odor".
Even still you can smell it.
WPRís review of Pyro Walket is on fire! https://youtu.be/OapKtCx-e_k
I just got this, pretty cool. I would say ere on the side of less time in the lighter fluid. It really only needs to soak 1/4 to 1/3 for a good looking flame.
Or if you know how to spell you can ďerrĒ on the side of less fluid
A quick test of the Http://appearingbusinesscards.com/ merchandise

I did this with a lighter and then allowed the card to rest in a normal room temperature

[youtube]LXQojJ1vdLo[/youtube]
Hi... recieved this over xmas ... but when I try to access the tutorial through the link.. all I get is a 404 error
have tried on laptop .. phone etc .. diffrent browzers still the same... has it been taken down !!
purchased through Ellusionist . e-mailed them ... but no responce as yet

john
Check your spelling. I wrote ...instructions... where it shoukld be ...instruction... and got the 404 eror as well. Allso, I got two different website links, one on the Box and another on the paper in the Box. Both led to the same video however.

Micke Johansson
Sweden
Special Offer from Appearing Business Cards via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppearingBusinessCards/videos/p.337213616871871/337213616871871/?type=2&theater
25% Off All Orders. Expires on 19 Jan 2019 Online only. Copy this code to use online during checkout: Appearing2019
'Check out appearing business cards with Adam Wilberís Pyro wallet... an insane combination!!' https://www.facebook.com/AppearingBusinessCards/videos/380142089482484/
Previous FB post with video link was removed. Take 2: 'Appearing Prediction Packs + Pyro Wallet = 😍'
https://www.facebook.com/AppearingBusinessCards/videos/501584263703365/
I have always avoided fire wallets, as they always seemed to be too bulky, fiddly, noisy, un-reliable and obvious in their method.

Although I didn't get around to looking at Hot Leads or Burning Connections, so cannot compare, I am really pleased with this :)

Both the business card wallet and unit are very well made, stealth and silent, 100% reliable and the instructional downloads cover-off everything you need to know.

Using a pocket sized Sven Pad and offering the participant a choice of over 50 (?) different words, I have been using mine for a living prediction, revealing the chosen word 'FIRE' written on the back of my flaming business card.

Strongly recommended and well done Adam.

Paul McCaig.
I am getting a lot of use out of this and as well as using it as a' flashy' way of handing out a business card, have recently been trying out a slight variation of the routine I mentioned above, which also eliminates the need for specially prepared business cards and the smell of lighter fluid.

It is exactly the same routine as the one outlined in my previous post but instead of producing a 'treated' business card with the word 'FIRE' written on it, I now show a small folded paper prediction (flash-paper) which is left in full view, protruding from the top of the wallet.

As before, I ask the participant what the freely selected word was and in the action of removing the folded prediction from the wallet...WHOOSH!!...the 'living' prediction revelation is witnessed by all! :)

There is now no need for me to write-out a prediction, or carry prepared business cards in a sealed plastic bag to avoid them drying-out. I just keep a load of pre-folded, blank half pages from a flash-paper pad, in a separate envelope to use as and when required.

Paul McCaig.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2019, caigy wrote:
I am getting a lot of use out of this and as well as using it as a' flashy' way of handing out a business card, have recently been trying out a slight variation of the routine I mentioned above, which also eliminates the need for specially prepared business cards and the smell of lighter fluid.

It is exactly the same routine as the one outlined in my previous post but instead of producing a 'treated' business card with the word 'FIRE' written on it, I now show a small folded paper prediction (flash-paper) which is left in full view, protruding from the top of the wallet.

As before, I ask the participant what the freely selected word was and in the action of removing the folded prediction from the wallet...WHOOSH!!...the 'living' prediction revelation is witnessed by all! :)

There is now no need for me to write-out a prediction, or carry prepared business cards in a sealed plastic bag to avoid them drying-out. I just keep a load of pre-folded, blank half pages from a flash-paper pad, in a separate envelope to use as and when required.

Paul McCaig. [/quote]

Thanks much for your ideas Caigy.
I like your thinking, also because I'm not able so far to get the business cards soaked really well with the fluid. I like the idea of the flaming business card - and printed some special for this wallet with cards or predictions on the back...so I have the best of both sides. but at the moment, all I get is a short flame sometimes and really not, what Adam Wilber shows in the video...im sure it is my fault in any case, but I didn't find the mistakes so far, cause ive done everything exactly like in the descriptions.
But I like your ideas to work with predictions OR flash paper here and maybe find here a better way for the handling of the great wallet :)
Pyro Wallet is my favorite magic purchase of the last year. It is MUCH more reliable in ignition than Hot Leads was, and it is a great way to make a lasting impression when sharing your business cards. While the scent of lighter fluid is evident for a moment after using the wallet, the fluid evaporates so quickly that it is really a non-issue. As several people have mentioned, just stand the cards in a cup with lighter fluid in it for a minute or two, until the fluid is soaked no more than half way up the cards, and it will burn just long enough to make an impression without being too difficult to extinguish. It does not take long to learn how long to let it burn so that you can extinguish it quickly without any burning of the card itself, and very little lighter fluid left to smell. As long as you keep the fluid side of the card above your hand, getting burned is not an issue. I usually put about three or four half-soaked cards in my wallet, and they remain usable for about three hours. Unlike Hot Leads, the plastic sleeve in Pyro Wallet is tight enough that I have had no scent of lighter fluid whatsoever from the closed wallet before igniting a card.
I have not had any success in carrying extra soaked cards in a plastic bag however. The lighter fluid evaporates before I can use them, and if I put enough fluid in the bag to last longer, the cards soak it up for their full length, making them unusable. The business cards do need to be able to soak up fluid, so gloss cards may not work very well. Also, some cards are printed with ink that dissolves in lighter fluid, making the cards look like a mess when you draw them out.
One problem I had was that the amount of fluid necessary to allow the cards to soak it up from the bottom of a cup is greater than the amount the cards need. It is impossible to put the excess back in the lighter fluid container, so I pour the excess into a travel size mouthwash bottle that I can reseal until the next time I need to soak some additional cards. It is also easy to carry in your pocket during an event so you can slip away for a minute to soak additional cards.
I do not try to travel with lighter fluid, because I am not interested in losing my TSA precheck status when it is easy to buy more fluid wherever I am traveling. Last year TSA actually took my ziplock of liquids to confirm they were all toiletries, so I am glad I did not try to bring lighter fluid with me. I have never had any problem with either my fire wallet or my pyro wallet passing through TSA however, as long as there was no fluid in them. They look like normal wallets in screening, and you are allowed to carry lithium batteries with you as long as they are in a carry on.
All of my comments about pyro wallet are from the perspective of a hobbyist who has not tried to integrate it into a routine, so your experience may vary. All I can say is that I have found it easy to carry a flattened paper cup and travel size mouthwash bottle of lighter fluid with me at business meetings, and the reactions I have gotten handing someone a flaming business card during a meeting has been priceless. If you donít use business cards, I have found that folding paper money in quarters and soaking it up about 1/3 with lighter fluid works just as well as business cards and makes a great impression if you are giving someone a tip or paying for a purchase.
I have to say Pyro Wallet is the best investment in magic I have made in a long time.
Just to be clear, I have no connection or financial interest in this product at all but have become a real fan.
This wallet sounds great except for 1 thing. I'd rather it not have a rechargeable battery. Check Youtube for videos of guys with vape pens going off in their pocket to see why I'd rather change batteries. Having lighter fluid in the wallet would just make this even more dangerous if the battery does goes off.
I wonder if the issue with the lighter fluid smell could be solved by using grain alcohol (ie Everclear)? I know it would not last as long as lighter fluid but is non toxic and would evaporate quickly leaving less smell. I don't own the wallet but I think it would depend on how air tight the compartment is that contains the cards. Has anyone tried this?
[quote]On Aug 16, 2019, ncsteve wrote:
This wallet sounds great except for 1 thing. I'd rather it not have a rechargeable battery. Check Youtube for videos of guys with vape pens going off in their pocket to see why I'd rather change batteries. Having lighter fluid in the wallet would just make this even more dangerous if the battery does goes off.
I wonder if the issue with the lighter fluid smell could be solved by using grain alcohol (ie Everclear)? I know it would not last as long as lighter fluid but is non toxic and would evaporate quickly leaving less smell. I don't own the wallet but I think it would depend on how air tight the compartment is that contains the cards. Has anyone tried this? [/quote]
You carry a cellphone with a rechargeable battery. You have valid concerns, however, not sure the percentage of exploding batteries is much to worry about.
I have mixed feelings. I do a few professional gigs and always have it with me. The effect on people of having a flaming object at your fingertips and then blowing it out and handing them your card cannot be underestimated. On the other hand while I would love to carry it every day ďjust in caseĒ and Iím sure some people do, it is not worth the effort to me. It needs to be prepared on a daily basis. And I would be be worried about damaging the arc element by accidentally showing something elseís in my pocket.
My little humble review here :)

https://youtu.be/yTCibjDZ89c
Is anyone else having trouble activating the spark? I didn't find a clear explanation on the instructional video. If you watch you can see that he has three fingers on the audience side of the wallet, his thumb on the performer's side and his index finger is free to push the button inward. I find this awkward and unreliable because the button is located so low on the wallet.

I contacted customer service at Ellusionist and he replied:

----------------------------------------------------
"He does cover the finger position in the instructional video. In short - your fingers are on the back of the wallet, 'behind' the activator switch. Your thumb is on the front of the wallet directly opposite. Squeezing the fingers and thumb together will activate that switch. "
-----------------------------------------------------
The method of squeezing the thumb and index finger does not work for me and is not what is shown in the instructional video.

If you guys confirm what Ellusionist support says is the way to activate the switch then maybe I have a defective unit. Can anyone confirm the method you use?
Your left hand can be part of the equation bracing the wallet as your remove the card
One of my customers bought this wallet 6 months ago. He says he never leaves home without it. He uses it in every show he performs, and he has nothing but praise for this wallet. He tells me the reactions he gets from it are fantastic.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2020, todsky wrote:
One of my customers bought this wallet 6 months ago. He says he never leaves home without it. He uses it in every show he performs, and he has nothing but praise for this wallet. He tells me the reactions he gets from it are fantastic. [/quote]

I believe him I just bought one looks terrific Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Feb 14, 2020, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble activating the spark? I didn't find a clear explanation on the instructional video. If you watch you can see that he has three fingers on the audience side of the wallet, his thumb on the performer's side and his index finger is free to push the button inward. I find this awkward and unreliable because the button is located so low on the wallet.

I contacted customer service at Ellusionist and he replied:

----------------------------------------------------
"He does cover the finger position in the instructional video. In short - your fingers are on the back of the wallet, 'behind' the activator switch. Your thumb is on the front of the wallet directly opposite. Squeezing the fingers and thumb together will activate that switch. "
-----------------------------------------------------
The method of squeezing the thumb and index finger does not work for me and is not what is shown in the instructional video.

If you guys confirm what Ellusionist support says is the way to activate the switch then maybe I have a defective unit. Can anyone confirm the method you use? [/quote]

Mike , I have the same situation you mention, I use my first finger and yes the button is very low in the wallet, I played with different holds and ended up with using first finger for the most consistent 🔥. So far I like it a lot and use it, I also use my original that I bought from J Pace.
I threw mine in the bin in disgust once I heard about the scum called Jim Pace Gaz 🙂
I found a few problems with the Pyro wallet, all of which I have solved. If you have any of these issues feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.

1) The teaching video glosses over how to push the button to activate the spark. After a few emails back and forth with customer support I finally got an excellent answer. You don't push the actual button with your finger. You push on the edge of the wallet near the button and it folds inward and pushes the button. Perfect every time and easy.

2) I found it difficult to load the prepped cards into the right place. Again I blame the instructional video. There are two slots on the right side of the wallet. Do not put the cards in the top slot. It serves no purpose and It's confusing that it's there with no explanation. The cards go in the lower slot that is right next to the spark mechanism. BUT there is a plastic envelope in that slot and the cards must go into that bag. Again. not mentioned in the instructional video.

3) In order to get the cards into the plastic envolope you have to pick at the envelope with your fingers. Buy some black duct tape and cut two thin strips from it. About 3/4" X 2" Use the first to tape the back edge of the envelope opening to the wallet. Put the other piece of tape into the plastic envelope with the stick side out and fold it over and stick it to the wallet. Make sure this piece of tape does not interfere with the spark mechanism. It should start to the right of that mechanism and then continue across. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll make a video.

Having done that you can now easily place the cards in without any fiddling.

Another small tip: Before putting the cards into the wallet tap them on the table at a 45 degree angle so that the cards are beveled on the top edge. This means the card closest to you is just a tiny bit higher than the one behind it. This makes it easier to get just one card.

For me 20 seconds is about right to dip the cards. This will depend on how much fluid you have in the glass. I mistakenly thought you would put in an inch or so of fluid but that is way too much. Just a 1/4 inch or so. When you pull the cards out you can see how far the fluid goes up on the card.

After these few changes I'm now in love with this wallet.
Good tips.
I exp0erimented today and got three hours of life before the cards were to dry to light. That's fine for a walk around show. I'm going to experiment with the fuel going higher in the card and see how much difference it makes
IIn the beginning I was very conservative with the height a let the fluid crawl up the card, only a quarter of the card. Now I, comfortable with the half or a little more of the card. The flame is a little fuller, not sure it matters.