(Close Window)
Topic: America's Got Talent Tryout
Ever wonder what it would be like to try out as a Magician for "America's Got Talent"? I just tried out and wrote a blog about the entire experience - hope it helps some of you plan for what to expect and other just find it interesting...

http://foolusadventure.blogspot.com/2018/11/americas-got-talent-experience.html
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Good luck Magic Mike I hope you make it!!!
I loved reading that! It was quite amazing, and I have always wondered what went on behind the scenes, there!!

What you didn't talk about (I'm sure because you don't know, yet) is how many thousands of dollars and how many countless hours is involved should you move forward. I'm thinking all kinds of plane trips back and forth to NY, LA, or wherever. Then hotel rooms, lodging, you get the idea. I'm just guessing that when all is said and done, the cost to be a continuing contestant is astronomical.

And all that doesn't include the cost of expanding your act. Make it bigger, better, more grand. ..because as we know, as you move up, they expect you to up the level of your act. That could cost thousands more.

Am I right?
[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Am I right? [/quote]

I've known a couple of people who competed, but it was way back at the beginning of the show. In the one case I sort-of remember, most of his expenses were covered, but he was there to lose. Magicians never got far on the show back then, and I believe (and this is just from a memory that gets worse every year) he was told up front that he would be on the show to lose in grand fashion. That's part of the entertainment so, if I'm recalling it accurately, the production company would certainly need to cover an act's expenses. Now that the show is an established hit, things have no doubt changed.
That''s fascinating! I've always wondered about the inner workings of it all:
Looks like MagicMikeCat did not read the fine print. The Blog has been removed. Hope he did not get sued for spilling the beans.
Sucks!