(Close Window)
Topic: Ideas for tricks teaching good deeds?
Greetings...

I want to put together a show that teaches children (4-5, and older up to 8 or 10) about doing general good deeds, like telling the truth, honoring parents/elders, being kind, giving charity, etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at some Gospel books and sites, but haven't found too many routines that are just about general (non-religion specific) good deeds. I figured I would post this question here since Gospel magic is essentially about doing good/what's right and Gospel magicians would tend to already have routines/ideas along the lines I seek. The children's show forum seems to have more general magic that's entertainment but that doesn't really teach anything...

Joe
:stuckinbag:
I don't know if it's the kind of good deed that you're looking for, but I just posted my sharing lesson here on the board.

Check it out: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=68255&forum=16&0
That is an intersting thought Yosef.

We have a program here in our city called "character counts", and I have thought about putting together a routine that reinforced those character points, but I don't do school programs, and avoid perfroming for younger children as much as possible, so I never did much but think of it.

But you now have me thinking again. it may take me a while, but I am sure something can come together on that.

Thanks for the question. it served as reminder to me.

BroDavid