(Close Window)
Topic: Sankey's Holy Moly
Does anyone know of a UK supplier for Sankey's Holy Moly?
Most of his stuff he just sells direct now.
Thanks. I've ordered it directly. I was considering Holy Stretch but it doesn't look organic enough for me. An actual "stretched" washer would seem better.
Does anyone know what metal the gimmicks consist of?
All I can say about the metal used is that it ages and doesn't look as good as when new in my opinion.
I am pretty sure they are the standard Zinc washers
I just received my order and I have been sent the wrong effect! I've emailed them so will hopefully get it sorted asap.
Does anyone sell these as coins? like a Chinese coin?
[quote]On May 5, 2019, st3v13 wrote:
Does anyone sell these as coins? like a Chinese coin? [/quote]

Not that I'm aware of and I've been searching for years, the biggest problem is getting a Chinese Coin without a hole to match the ones with the holes.
I was thinking of a just a higher quality material. Like a presentation of blank coins with holes instead of washers
[quote]On May 7, 2019, st3v13 wrote:
I was thinking of a just a higher quality material. Like a presentation of blank coins with holes instead of washers [/quote]

Isn't part of the power and popularity of this effect (what the spectator perceive) from using simple and apparently normal/common objects?

Not sure how "higher quality material" would make this effect better. You could be right for a particular audience.
Some women are into large earrings. Maybe some of these silver disks would work as you "attempt to make some jewelry."

Me - I want a spectator to select an object from a dish of nuts, bolts and washers
and be able to perform well with whatever they choose. Last thing I would want is an object they did not recognize.

If you like the idea of holes moving around in other objects, check out Sankey's "Target Practice."
My logic is more to avoid having more props. I personally think that no one thinks anything I'm carrying around is a normal object. might as well have "washers" I'm more comfortable doing normal coin slights with
I was thinking of a just a higher quality material. Like a presentation of blank coins with holes instead of washers [/quote]

I am wandering what blank coins with holes are? I am thinking that blank coins with holes are in fact washers?
[quote]On May 22, 2019, RNK wrote:

I am wandering what blank coins with holes are? I am thinking that blank coins with holes are in fact washers? [/quote]

I would add that blank coins are not likely to discolour as bad as washers which I would see as an improvement personally.
You can easily get washers in a variety of pastel colors. Nuts and bolts too.
[quote]On May 23, 2019, funsway wrote:
You can easily get washers in a variety of pastel colors. Nuts and bolts too. [/quote]

Yes but not with the required holes and lack of holes etc
[quote]On May 24, 2019, warren wrote:
You can easily get washers in a variety of pastel colors. Nuts and bolts too. [/quote]

Yes but not with the required holes and lack of holes etc [/quote]

Sorry - all along I thought you were planning on making your own.
Maybe Hank Moorehouse's BEGGARS COINS (from the secondary market) will work for this application?

Julie
Beggars coins will not work with this routine.
[quote]On May 24, 2019, funsway wrote:
[quote]On May 24, 2019, warren wrote:

Yes but not with the required holes and lack of holes etc [/quote]

Sorry - all along I thought you were planning on making your own. [/quote]

It's not my thread I just posted my thoughts as I have been after a verion of this with Chinese coins for years, if I had the right tools for the job an knew what I was doing I would make them myself however I wouldn't have a clue and it would look terrible.

I used to perform the original routine with washers all the time but think it would look so much better with Chinese coins.