(Close Window)
Topic: Favourite Magic App
I know this has been asked before, but since there are so many new Apps appearing, Iíd love to know which one is your current favourite ? I.e. you have the opportunity to perform just one effect to impress a high value client - what would you do ? Since Iím an Apple kinda guy (iPhone Xs Max running IOS 12) Iím interested primarily in iOS compatible Apps. I currently have Menta-list, Digital Force Bag, Rising Card and Mental Killer (and Iím thinking about Toxic+), but would love to hear about any others.

I look forward to your suggestions.
Inject
Wikitest
DFB (Digital Force Bag) is also great
Menta-list, mental killer, AOP, WikiTest.
IForce by Greg Rostami
Just got DFB. Now that's my favorite app :D
The Architect of Predictions works great for clients, since you can customize your prediction with the spectator name, or the company logo, or whatever you want to use. It allows you to have multiple predictions in your picture and you end clean, showing your prediction in your real camera roll, at the date you want.

P.S: I'm the developer, so this comment may be somewhat biased. 😜 Users of TAP (aka "AOP" or "The Architect of Predictions"): would you recommend it?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, Gui Del Frate wrote:
Users of TAP (aka "AOP" or "The Architect of Predictions"): would you recommend it? [/quote]

Certainly!
DFB, Cipher, Tempus for a killer ACAAN
I'll chime in for TAP. Fantastic app. Very versatile. Highly recommended.
I use "Summing Up". It is designed to work with Marc Paul's SUMMING UP effect.
Messenger (based on WhatsApp) and DFB.
Inject, Messenger (android only) and DFB.
Definitely get iThump, it is great!! Also Inject and Architect of Predictions are incredible.
Augure and wikitest.... those 2 are my favorite.....
[quote]On Feb 4, 2020, danster08 wrote:
Definitely get iThump, it is great!! Also Inject and Architect of Predictions are incredible. [/quote]

IThump/Toxic+ - www.toxicplus.com
Magic Spider - My Pet Boris - www.mypetboris.com
WikiTest
DFB
Inject 2.0
I really like The Architect of Predictions.
But I am partial to Inject - have invested a lot of time in the community and wrote my own add-on for Inject that permits you to send an Email Prediction.
TAP, wikitest, ithump, voila, cubesmith and mamicube are all great ones. I have other one also but those are the ones I'll use most once this lockdown is over. Also most of those can be done over zoom which is important for now. The remainder force with ithump is mindblowing and allows you to perform a calculator force over zoom. That is one of the best things to perform online I think.
I love almost all magic apps *-*. Having android list those for this device.
My favorites are:
Magic Song - Mentalism & Prediction Magic,
Digital Force Bag,
ANYCARD.
Where can I find:

Messenger (android only)?

Being new to Androids having problems finding all the good stuff out there!
DFB is a great app, I wouldn't be without it.
I have to add that The Stranger is an essential purchase for soany reasons. One of which, it will never occur to the average spec that it's an app.

This is probably one of the most enjoyable effects to perform too.
My two favorite apps are:

CubeSmith
The Stranger

Inject used to be my favorite and I still love it, but Iím disappointed that Greg Rostami hasnít been participating in the Inject Facebook group as religiously as before. Itís like heís lost interest in his own app. To be fair, he has bigger things to worry about these days. But, still, I miss his former level of engagement.

Benke Smith (CubeSmith) and Jonathan Levit (The Stranger) are the exact opposite. They both live and breath their respective apps and their ongoing enthusiasm is obvious and contagious.

I own another dozen magic apps that rarely get used. And I think, in general, I wonít be investing in very many magic apps in the future. Iíve already seen too many of them become neglected by their developers. Iím investing more money in physical props and books these days. The one exception is a new app coming from Benke.

Mark
[quote]On Oct 19, 2020, SharkTrager442 wrote:
I have to add that The Stranger is an essential purchase for soany reasons. One of which, it will never occur to the average spec that it's an app.

This is probably one of the most enjoyable effects to perform too. [/quote]

Thank you! I appreciate this and the community that has been built around the effect, both for iOS and for Android!
[quote]On Nov 28, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
My two favorite apps are:

CubeSmith
The Stranger

Inject used to be my favorite and I still love it, but Iím disappointed that Greg Rostami hasnít been participating in the Inject Facebook group as religiously as before. Itís like heís lost interest in his own app. To be fair, he has bigger things to worry about these days. But, still, I miss his former level of engagement.

Benke Smith (CubeSmith) and Jonathan Levit (The Stranger) are the exact opposite. They both live and breath their respective apps and their ongoing enthusiasm is obvious and contagious.

I own another dozen magic apps that rarely get used. And I think, in general, I wonít be investing in very many magic apps in the future. Iíve already seen too many of them become neglected by their developers. Iím investing more money in physical props and books these days. The one exception is a new app coming from Benke.

Mark [/quote]

Thanks, Mark! I know that Benke and myself love being an active part of the community and the development of our apps. It seems to never stop and it's exhilarating. The engagement from the community keeps us pushing forward as well!
I really like Inject, I use it alot.
I agree The Stranger is among the top few.
And Inject has taken on a new dimension, particularly in this time when we are forced to be ďhands offĒ, with the add-on for EMAIL.
[url=https://bit.ly/pepmagic]P. E. P. [/url] gives you the freedom to provide a Prediction to any number of spectators at once. And they are left with a PERMANENT memento [b]on their phone[/b].
Ithump/Toxic+ is probably my favorite. It has the best customer service and does the most out of any app I have. I also like inject but it doesn't have as good support, needs internet to work and sometimes is unreliable.
Inject, Wikitest, Unifi App, the Stranger are the BEST!!
Unifi isn't good. Only other people's work without permission.
[quote]On Dec 2, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Unifi isn't good. Only other people's work without permission. [/quote]

Yes, very true... ripp offs without ending. Jan
I like TAP, does what it has to do and there are several pre-made projects.
iThump/Toxic+ is magnificent and has probably the best (long term) customer support and community when it comes to that type of app. Since I only support material from the true creative individuals I personally steer away from Unifi. Got ethical problems with that.
I am absolutely with you... :) ... Jan
I personally love DFB. It is so easy to use and there are so many different ways to use it.

If anyone else feels like I do, what other apps would you recommend? I am not a fan of Inject. I tried it and even paid for a 6 hour seminar that they offered but even with that there are a lot of things that just don't work for me. I wish it did but there were just many things that you do that were either impractical and would seem to the spectator like "but why is he doing that?'. Or certain issues like when you take the spectators phone, do what you need to do with it, and then you put it down and the phone from lying down flat goes into sleep mode and therefore the effect just won't work
Inject
Cubesmith (with the worlds greatest support and development, opposite Inject)

/Jan
I just have to say that I made a post about how Inject was not really working for me. After that post, Greg Rostami the owner of Inject reached out to me with a private message offering to help. He just spent some time helping me out with it over the phone and was a huge help! Greg...thank you!! Such great customer service that was!
Since you already have Inject, you should consider [url=https://bit.ly/pepmagic]P. E. P. [/url]
You neednít touch their phone yet they end up with an email ON THEIR PHONE that not only contains your prediction, but includes your contact/marketing information that will travel with the email message as it gets forwarded around.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2020, mikenewyork wrote:
I personally love DFB. It is so easy to use and there are so many different ways to use it.

If anyone else feels like I do, what other apps would you recommend? I am not a fan of Inject. I tried it and even paid for a 6 hour seminar that they offered but even with that there are a lot of things that just don't work for me. I wish it did but there were just many things that you do that were either impractical and would seem to the spectator like "but why is he doing that?'. Or certain issues like when you take the spectators phone, do what you need to do with it, and then you put it down and the phone from lying down flat goes into sleep mode and therefore the effect just won't work [/quote]
Thanks Parkin I will check it out
I have quite a few apps, some which I use more then others. Iíll list my top 3 in terms of which I perform most, and my comments about them;

1 - Inject. Awesome app with so much customisation. Multiple effects possible. Probably the best magic purchase I have ever made! Why? Based on the reactions it gets and the vast number of effects you can do with it. Downside - it takes time to learn, and requires internet.

2 - DFB. Clean and simple way to force anything. Just look at how many magicians use it on BGT! Genius input method. Downside - lots of magicians use it but thatís about it really!

3 - WikiTest - Really strong mind reading - totally hands off, and amazing reactions too. As with Inject, it requires internet. Itís very powerful but it is just one effect. But itís a great effect!!!!

Recent purchases that I havenít used extensively yet in my working set due to COVID include

Picasso Pro, Xeno, Locked and Loaded. I particularly like L and L - like DFB, it doesnít require internet and also has an awesome input method. It can also be customised. Highly recommended. Iím also looking forward to using Xeno, particularly with the new add-on from Felipe Nardi which provides a superb peek method for movies.

Iíd also like to mention Marty - a couple of years ago this was the buzz amongst in the app market, but sadly the upgrades failed and it got reset back to its original version. However, I still use it and itís still very strong.

Anyway, hope this helps
I concur. You mentioned Inject at the top of your list.
With the [i]adjustments[/i] we are making for COVID have you seen [url=https://bit.ly/pepmagic]P. E. P. [/url]? It permits you to provide the same PUNCH with Inject but through email. Multiple spectators at once, over a 'virtual' interaction.
There are numerous additional effects and capabilities also that take advantage of the "off-screen" nature of Virtual Performance and do not limit you to the finite nature of Injectís input method.

[quote]On Dec 19, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
I have quite a few apps, some which I use more then others. Iíll list my top 3 in terms of which I perform most, and my comments about them;

1 - Inject. Awesome app with so much customisation. Multiple effects possible. Probably the best magic purchase I have ever made! Why? Based on the reactions it gets and the vast number of effects you can do with it. Downside - it takes time to learn, and requires internet.

2 - DFB. Clean and simple way to force anything. Just look at how many magicians use it on BGT! Genius input method. Downside - lots of magicians use it but thatís about it really!

3 - WikiTest - Really strong mind reading - totally hands off, and amazing reactions too. As with Inject, it requires internet. Itís very powerful but it is just one effect. But itís a great effect!!!!

Recent purchases that I havenít used extensively yet in my working set due to COVID include

Picasso Pro, Xeno, Locked and Loaded. I particularly like L and L - like DFB, it doesnít require internet and also has an awesome input method. It can also be customised. Highly recommended. Iím also looking forward to using Xeno, particularly with the new add-on from Felipe Nardi which provides a superb peek method for movies.

Iíd also like to mention Marty - a couple of years ago this was the buzz amongst in the app market, but sadly the upgrades failed and it got reset back to its original version. However, I still use it and itís still very strong.

Anyway, hope this helps [/quote]
TimeSmith
CubeSmith
Inject
DFB
Favorite? gotta go with DFB
but I also love...
AnyWeb
Chronoforce
Cipher
Tempus
A.C.A.A.T
Locked and loaded - so simple and can use so many ways, was doing it after twenty min with other tricks
Inject - very powerful a bit overwhelming at first but also can be utilized many ways once mastered
Where most of our performances are remote at the moment, Iíve been wondering if there are any App effects that can be done via Zoom. Iíve concluded itís almost useless doing anything using my phone - the spectators have real difficulty seeing the screen. And any effect using their phone Such as Inject, Realist, Wikitest are at the mercy of internet connections or the spectator screwing everything up by not following instructions.
[url=https://instantcardmagician.com/info]The Instant Card Magician[/url] is ideal over ZOOM.
It was originally conceived and performed in person prior to COVID-19 but quickly and easily adapted to ĎVirtual: performances.

[quote]On Jan 3, 2021, D J Hawkins wrote:
Where most of our performances are remote at the moment, Iíve been wondering if there are any App effects that can be done via Zoom. Iíve concluded itís almost useless doing anything using my phone - the spectators have real difficulty seeing the screen. And any effect using their phone Such as Inject, Realist, Wikitest are at the mercy of internet connections or the spectator screwing everything up by not following instructions. [/quote]
Developed by Myke Phillips, you may want to look at iDeal www.iDealMagic.app - There are some great online routines you can do with it, and in peerson you can peek the selected random virtual card on your Apple watch or PeekSmith. With the app you can Force, Peek, Predict, and the 'random cards' can be from a stack of your choice. Take a look at the videoes on the website!
Ithump is the best over zoom. No internet needed and is very fooling. There are some others I'd reccomend also. Ithump with the remainder force is definitely my favorite though.
I would definitely say Locked and Loaded is my favorite magic app. The reactions I get are fantastic! Such a SMART input method!!!! Not to mention the customization possibilities and potential.... awesome.
TimeSmith is the best app for time magic for sure.
For me as owner of the stranger, WikiTest, amalgam, inject 2 and DFB I have to say all are great. DFB gets strong reactions, I love how WikiTest is so clean and easy to learn. The stranger itís just something that goes for me really into a new world, you can do so much with it. If I would select the best 2 I would by the stranger and WikiTest together as the can be combined together and this is a huge effect
The MentalPlay app from NELSON SUŃREZ has a lot of potential! Unfortunately version 1.1 only works partially or incorrectly under iOS 14.5.1 and unfortunately there is no information when a new update is finally available!
Wikitest is the best.
Any thoughts on Streets Pro from those who have used it?
Its great! For me its app of the year (so far)
WikiTest
Since the new updates of the MentalPlay app (incl. Inject and Vimeo integration) Mentalplay is currently the best Magic App on the market! whoever manages to exploit the potential of the app is able to make predictions that are hard to beat!
I got the app-bug for a while while doing virtual shows. I used to use Telefoto way back in the day, and absolutely loved it... but since it's no more I don't think that counts.

At first glance I really liked Inject, but there have been some things recently that have left a sour taste in my mouth. That said, I still use it in my virtual shows, and there is a routine I'm working on which uses it. If there was better customer support and I was confident it wouldn't just stop working at some point in the future I may rate it as my favorite.

That goes to SimpleDraw I think. I reaaaaallly like this app, being a lover of the drawing duplication plot, and it's great for both virtual shows and person-to-person performances. And the creator is just a swell guy.

Flitch also is amazing. I've yet to really get the most out of it, and the instructions and set up are a bit lacking but I love being able to put my phone down on a table, have someone select a playing card by just naming the first one that comes to mind, and showing that there is only one image in my phone gallery and it is of the playing card named. I'm also using it for a free will type effect which has been a lot of fun. Again, it plays well virtually and in person.

For me that's the main draw for apps: Using them to be able to perform the same effects virtually as I do in my in person shows.

There are others that interest me, but as an android user there isn't as much to choose from.
CAUTION!

The MentalPlay app does not work with Apple iOS 15 !! An update was promised by the developer, but unfortunately no information is given when and if an update for iOS 15 users will be released upon request. Please don't get me wrong, I think the app is great and I don't want to talk badly here, the app is very expensive but cannot even be started, it is useless! as soon as a working update is available, I'll post it here!
Now the Mentalplay App is. iOS 15 compatibility!