(Close Window)
Topic: Nielsen vanishing bottle - is this convincer effective?
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a little convincer I came up with for the Nielsen vanishing bottle. What you see in the YouTube performance is not how Iíve performed the trick for audiences. Iíve just always performed it using a very unoriginal presentation that lay audiences seem to really enjoy. This is just an attempt to come up with a slightly different presentation. Iím also not sure whether the little convincer using the bottle opener is an old idea? Iíd be very surprised if it wasnít. Iím not even sure it enhances the illusion or if Iím demonstrating a case of running when Iím not being chased! Anyway, I wanted to share the idea as I donít think Iíve ever seen someone do it before. You can see it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN6KHuqkJc
If you donít think the convincer is convincing please let me know🙂 John
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (Feb 15, 2019 07:55AM)
John

Well done. I thought it was very convincing.
Adding the "sound" of the glass bottle adds a nice layer to the effect.

Mark
I liked it.
Well thought out. Definitely adds to the effect. Thanks for sharing.
Very good! The tapping on the bottle with the opener is a great idea! Perhaps you can get some more ideas from here: https://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-38ALL.htm#BottleMiracle
[img]https://www.magicnook.com/WizJ38/BottleADSM.jpg[/img]

Note that the bottle contains real liquid sodapop, and afterwards, when it reappears is filled up again with real liquid sodapop. I call it "Bottle Miracle" and it's in The Wizards' Journal #38.
Many thanks for the encouragement guys and I appreciate you pointing me to more ideas! Iíll keep trying to develop this routine.
Good idea, better then the idea in the booklet for sound when the bottle is set on a table. Good job.

You should offer that idea to a magic magazine so you have credit for your creation. Or sell the idea if it involves props.
Many thanks Bill!
I must say, this has revitalized my interest in my dust collecting Neilsen bottle. Thank you for the kick start. Would love to know more when/if you'd like to share. You are an example of why this place exits! Again, many thanks for your sharing.
I really appreciate the encouragement stempleton!
Simple, but very effective! The rest of the routine gives you a reason for using the opener for the noise, so itís well thought out.
Many thanks o2b2b2! Based on some feedback Iíll change the moment when I tap the bottle. Iíll try tapping the bottle as I mention the bottle. A few other minor tweaks and Iím ready to road test this in front of an audience the next chance I get🙂 Thanks again to everyone for taking the time! John
Brilliant touches! Very entertaining. Even in the "know" from the start I said aloud "brilliant" and laughed at the end. It is a very creative used of misdirection!!
Great job
I use this effect in most of my children shows
combined with the appearing straw.Works really well togeatheri
That was great! How did you make the noise, or is that a secret?!
PM sent:)
Iím not sure of the exact method either. Itís a great convincer without being obvious.
Great routine. Boy, you really get a lot of mileage out of that simple prop. I see a little Gregory Wilson influence there. Thanks for sharing.
Loved it John!
O2b2b2 and Maxfield, Many thanks and yes there is definitely some Gregory Wilson influence in the routine🙂
Dale my friend! Many thanks! John
Very impressive. Iíve been working with this for a couple of weeks and I love it. Thanks for sharing this, John.
Banzai, thatís awesome!
Great subtlety. Can you tell how do you produce the sound?
With John's permission I used a variation of his routine on the weekend (without the sound effect though). It was killer!

Thanks John