(Close Window)
Topic: Needles and thread
Threars this old trick Iam looking for done with needles and thread.you put a number of needles in your mouth and a length of thread.then you pull all of the needle out of your mouth tied to the thread. any body know of it or where I can find it?
Is this the same as the razor blade on string trick ?
Best regards tom
Checkout the Flashman- Aveerdon method in The Charlatans Handbook. The Razor Blade Trick is in Classic secrets of Magic also in Tarbell.
Steinmeyers devices and illusions? I may have the name wrong, but awesome effect!
Message: Posted by: Matthew the Magnificent (Jul 7, 2004 08:50PM)
Old when Houdini did it, have read many versions, but will assume that the above references are as good or better... essentially the 'razor blades' was an 'up-date', an improvement... but today THAT is now in danger of being an out-moded effect, kind of like the vinyl 45 record tricks... who will know what a 45 was, some day ? Or a double edged razor blade ? Doubt me, try to find them in your local stores that USED to have them !
I have encountered some problems with this trick. If anyone has suggestions as to how to get the thread to unravel one by one like I have seen on TV please PM. The problem I have is that I use the accordian type solution and sometimes the thread comes out tangled. Not pretty, not magical. If someone could help I would appreciate it. Thread types, how to keep it from coming out in clumps, etc. When David Ben does it it looks so cool. When I practice it looks quite terrible. I am only striving for excellence.

Regards,

GT