(Close Window)
Topic: Mickey Silver Coin Lecture
Mickey lectured to the Boston IBM ring last month and all I can say is Holy Cow. He had the entire crowd eating out of his hands. I think I figured out how he does it. He really does eat the coins and just has to keep buying new ones. Expensive, but what an effect!

Jim
So that's what he means by retention pass. He really retains them. I will leave it to your imagination how he retrieves them. :)
As great as Mickey's Retention of Vision move is, his knowledge and execution of misdirection is equally great. One moment a coin is in his hand and the next moment it's sitting on top of a Ketchup bottle that was right in front of you.
I can't wait to see Mickey's demo videos!!!!!
Wait till the crowd at the Magic Castle gets to see his work with coins.
The natives will be singing folk songs about him . He is the Icon of Coin magic.
Hopefully he will make his DVD when he is on the west coast........

vinny
Vinny-

From your previous posts it seems that you are friends with Mickey Silver. Please twist his arm to get this DVD out soon. I am absolutely dying to learn his ROV move - or at least learn how Mickey does it. The fact that nobody comes close to Mickey's move makes me afraid that it is far more difficult than he suggests in his video.

I don't know what else can be said about Mickey's video and skill that hasn't already been said before. It is simply unbelievable!
Tiki, Mickey will be here on the 18th of May.
Yes Mickey and I have become very good and close friends. I'll see what I can do.
Mickey is a tough nut to crack..
vinny
I saw his retention pass, I very good and clean, make me WOW
I know many of us who would love to see a Mickey lecture in N.Y.C.
Vinny-

With Mickey's moves, nobody will care about the production quality of his DVD. I was perfectly happy with the quality of his demo video. I selflessly volunteer my services to shoot this DVD on my camcorder!

Seriously, I think people are more interested in Mickey and his moves than any glitzy production values.
Where would I find "Mickey's" site or email to purchase the DVD. What is his handle?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 17, 2004 11:23AM)
So's you can wet your whistle while you wait: Here is a snippet...

Thanks to some folks in France, who could host some video here you go. You need a login, so make one, they are free.
Here is the link to the thread. The clip is on the middle of page 2, and another is on the way.

http://www.strulik.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=823&start=60

BTW Le Tournequette is known to us as the French drop.
It wouldn't accept a login that I made.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 17, 2004 12:06PM)
This imbicile (me) had NO PROBLEM getting set up. Took less than two mins. PM if you have questions.
Jon,
Using the French I once knew, I was able to get on the site. There are many videos posted but nothing related to Mickey Silver or coins for that matter. I couldn't find a page 2. To quote a recent film title, I think something was lost in translation.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 17, 2004 02:43PM)
Okay Larry, I believe you are having trouble. I checked the thread and the video is still there. Nice big green link. MSN Messenger me and I will file transfer.

For those who seriously need street cred:

Login as:

User ID = nom d'Utilise.... is ... [b]MauvaisP[/b]
Password is ... [b]pizza[/b]

enjoy.

exact link is: http://lamagiedespieces.free.fr/SUVoriginal512k.mpg

while thread link is:
http://www.strulik.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=823&start=20
Jon,
Thanks. Got the file through your link. This was Mickey's opening routine on his first demo tape. It loses a lot in Quick Time format compared to the original video, but this gives people, who have not seen it, an idea of what all the excitement has been about.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 17, 2004 04:08PM)
There is another clip in the works to be posted.

MOST of the Café has not had a chance to see Mickey in action. Now they can get a glimpse.
Jon,
I too could not make it thru the process, it appeared to put me in the never ending circling train.
Just right click save as on the .mpg. You don't need to log in or anything and just save it to your hardrive.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 17, 2004 05:56PM)
Here is a link to the second clip. Thanks Steffan!

http://lamagiedespieces.free.fr/SUV_demo.wmv

Mickey is out your way in California this week. Please say hello if by the Castle tongiht.
He so good, did he have any Video can buy? Can I buy his video?
I'll be seeing Vinny and Mickey on Saturday night.

I am very much looking forward to it.

Chris
Chris,
Make sure you ask Mickey to do SpitFly.
Thanks Larry! I'll keep that in mind!

Chris
Mickey is the bomb and one of the nicest people on the planet!!!