(Close Window)
Topic: Amazing poker cheat master!
Just thought I'd share this. Its my favourite footage of Ricky Jay. What are your thoughts on these techniques? Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTgwAqcKm_s&t=27s
Is this routine published anywhere?
Ricky Jay wa a very clever performer and his routines were entertaining and baffling to watch. One of his biggest attributes was he involved his audiences in his demonstrations, which made it even more baffling and fun to watch.

Compare a Ricky Jay performance with someone who someone who just demonstrates a card move. When RJ demonstrates a move, it is fun and entertaining, so you enjoy being fooled all the more.

Ricky Jay will be missed. RIP
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, diamondjack wrote:
Is this routine published anywhere? [/quote]

I doubt very much, and tbh I hope not. Ricky did not publish routines or tricks anyway. Also worth noting a lot of his "routines" were fluid and ever developing and changing.
The move where he does a one handed card flick onto the guys seat as he stood up to rake in the chips..... Just masterful!
It is published in Ricky Jay's Big Book of Magic.
Ricky Jay was intelligent, talented, hard-working, and from what I have heard, a decent person. RIP.
Great video, such a entertaining guy. Wish it were higher resolution but hey....
This is really good, more of the kind of thing I want to get into. After a wedding or party session, just sitting down at a table and hitting them hard.

I do Luke Jermays 10 card poker deal, its so simple and so fair but just fools people do badly.

Roger

https://www.rogerlapin.co.uk/
Lol did your parents really name you roger rabbit
This is not Mexican poker. He has to secretly switch in the Royal Flush. He has plenty of opportunity.
Getting the others players to make decisions on their own hands provides ample cover.
Also as he leans over and offers them a different card, his own dealt packet is obscured and can be secretly switched.
As Ricky Jay might have said, "I'm just not interested in the gratuitous exposure of this kind of material at all."
[quote]On Jul 1, 2019, rjs wrote:
This is not Mexican poker. He has to secretly switch in the Royal Flush. He has plenty of opportunity.
Getting the others players to make decisions on their own hands provides ample cover.
Also as he leans over and offers them a different card, his own dealt packet is obscured and can be secretly switched. [/quote]

Incorrect.

Jason
Don't want to say too much but many people know the author and the routine (moreso the book and author though). Ricky Jay just executes it at an artistic level that is hard to compare to. It is brilliant.

And also, this video is one of my favorite things in cards. He is an absolute genius.