(Close Window)
Topic: Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds
This was a hit (or should I say a heat) at the Blackpool Magic Convention.
The lighter screams quality and the effect is amazing. I love the fact that the lighter works as a real lighter.
These will fly off the shelf immediately!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/search.aspx?f=219

Best regards,
Titanas
Does anyone have a review?
I have to say that most (if not all) of their Pro Series stuff are really good!!
Does look kinda good...I could see me using this at a house-party in the garden and a small group ritual kinda thing...

or someone passing a marshmallow pierced onto a wiregram over it and suddenly it lights up...

only half kidding...
Serious question...does it turn itself off?
Looks good but will wait tell reviews. Donít care if I miss the first round of pre-orders.
Is this an April Fool's special? :applause:
Oh man! I forgot. Is this April fools? It says sold out on penguin and itís not even on the sansmind site!
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, academy wrote:
Is this an April Fool's special? :applause: [/quote]

What would make you think that?
If so, it would be one of the worst ever.

Hope itís real because I may use it with this: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26659

But not sure I want to spend that much dough on it.
But their Pro Series has been really well made for the most part.
Only 10 seconds delay is much too fast!!!

Why didn't they make a much slower timer so you can have a much cleaner presentation? It would be amazing if you had more time delay after you have to touch the lighter? Again that would really improve the performance options a lot.

I wish they had set the timer functions to 10 seconds and 30 seconds (or even better a minute!), only 10 seconds max after touching the lighter is MUCH too fast!! Especially if you would like to do a psychic demonstration of even in the spectators hands. Maybe a minute delay would make it a dangerous device (it already is), and for a serious mentalist a minute or more would give him the time needed to create so much more drama. Ask people to concentrate, holding hands in a row around the table with the lighter and all concentrate and after a few minutes the lighter will light itself... that would be great.

I like the idea of a good looking self-lighting lighter but the fast timer option is a big disappointment and makes it a no-go for me...

:pout:

Hopefully they change it in the next batch!
Ten seconds is aaaages!

Go stare at your seconds hand on a clock..
Watched the Demo video, and my only question is, can this also be lit like a normal lighter?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Why didn't they make a much slower timer so you can have a much cleaner presentation? It would be amazing if you had more time delay after you have to touch the lighter? Again that would really improve the performance options a lot.

I wish they had set the timer functions to 10 seconds and 30 seconds (or even better a minute!), only 10 seconds max after touching the lighter is MUCH too fast!! Especially if you would like to do a psychic demonstration of even in the spectators hands. Maybe a minute delay would make it a dangerous device (it already is), and for a serious mentalist a minute or more would give him the time needed to create so much more drama. Ask people to concentrate, holding hands in a row around the table with the lighter and all concentrate and after a few minutes the lighter will light itself... that would be great.

I like the idea of a good looking self-lighting lighter but the fast timer option is a big disappointment and makes it a no-go for me...

Hopefully they change it in the next batch! [/quote]

Couldnít agree more
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, trickyat86 wrote:
Watched the Demo video, and my only question is, can this also be lit like a normal lighter? [/quote]

I'm curious about this as well.

Also, how long can you leave it lit? Zippos can get pretty hot if you just let them burn. Is there a risk of frying the internals if you let it go too long?
Ad copy says it cannot overheat and Titanus said it can work as regular lighter.
10 seconds is probably fine for magicians but I agree that it would be nice to have a longer delay for mentalists and mystery performers .
More versatility would be nice, especially at this price point.
I would also like a longer delay option.

Also needs to be able to be used as a regular lighter.

Does it turn itself off? Can the flame go out on it's own?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Hopefully they change it in the next batch! [/quote]

A few minutes. Are you kidding? #sleeping audience.
:rotf:
[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, academy wrote:
Is this an April Fool's special? :applause: [/quote]

If Titanas has posted about it could well be

Strange that it was hit of the convention yet the only person that thinks this is Titanas

Not one other person or review show has mentioned this ?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, videoman wrote:
Ad copy says it cannot overheat and Titanus said it can work as regular lighter.
10 seconds is probably fine for magicians but I agree that it would be nice to have a longer delay for mentalists and mystery performers .
More versatility would be nice, especially at this price point. [/quote]

It is well known fact that Titanas is just a post and go

Most of the time he has not even seen the product he is pitching

So best to wait for the reviews especially as itís Sandsmind
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

So best to wait for the reviews especially as itís Sandsmind [/quote]

JackMagic, it has been well-established that you are not a fan of Titanus. We get it.
Now it is just boring.
Might invest in one of these ,Waiting for reviews as I owned 2 sansminds pro items where they have got to be filled with liquid or gases to work
Absolute zero blew up in my pocket as 2 much gas in as no level gauge
Vapr watch just got that to work again after sucking the pluck out of it as putting to much vapr oil in.
Wonder what happens if I put too much lighter fluid in this 😉

Adcopy says ..." it will not overburn on the trigger"

Maybe it's just me but I but I'm still a little foggy on it.

Let me ask the question this way. Can I let it burn as long as I want to or will I risk damaging components? Does the burn time affect how often I will need refills or does the refill only ignite the lighter aka number of strikes?
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

So best to wait for the reviews especially as itís Sandsmind [/quote]

JackMagic, it has been well-established that you are not a fan of Titanus. We get it.
Now it is just boring. [/quote]

[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Might invest in one of these ,Waiting for reviews as I owned 2 sansminds pro items where they have got to be filled with liquid or gases to work
Absolute zero blew up in my pocket as 2 much gas in as no level gauge
Vapr watch just got that to work again after sucking the pluck out of it as putting to much vapr oil in.
Wonder what happens if I put too much lighter fluid in this 😉 [/quote]

Now you might understand why my enthusiasm for Sandsminds Product is not as fever pitched as Titanus
Aaallllllrighty then!!

Sorry for being late to the party, but THESE are awesome. I say ďtheseĒ because I bought one of each colour at Blackpool!

The weird thing is that every magician I have shown LOVES the prop, but never saw it or heard of it before!

Iíll try and answer all the posted questions:

Yes, can be used as a regular lighter

No it doesnít extinguish the flame by itself, but if you wanted to create that effect, just use a few drops of fuel straight to the wick.

The timing is fine - if you want it longer, just active it later?!

Overheating - I only keep lighters lit for like 10/15 seconds - I recon if you left it to burn for ages , then yeah it might risk damaging the electronics (Iím thinking the battery?)

Refills. I have changed mine once after daily uses, and hundreds of activations since Blackpool, and only charged it like three or four times!!

Overall: great build quality, I REALLY love this as an every day carry, no remote, both hands completely empty. The only thing that took me a while to get used to was the fuel being used up quicker that a regular zippo (about a third capacity of a regular zippo) to counter this, I bought a £4 fuel key ring carrier.
^ thanks for the review/info.

In terms of the refill...do you mean the heating/ignition element? You had to replace that already? How much is the replacement?

Also, you mention the fuel uses a third of the capacity of a regular zippo...how long, would you say, a fill up lasts/how many ignites off one fill up?

Thanks again!
This seems quite interesting
I can see there are different colours. Three in all
But there is a difference of around £50 between
Are we actually paying more just for the colour but would function the same if you got the one thatís £50 cheaper??
[quote]On Apr 3, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
^ thanks for the review/info.

In terms of the refill...do you mean the heating/ignition element? You had to replace that already? How much is the replacement?

Also, you mention the fuel uses a third of the capacity of a regular zippo...how long, would you say, a fill up lasts/how many ignites off one fill up?

Thanks again! [/quote]

Yeah, the element. I am not sure on the price, I got a bunch at blackpool and keep them in my close up case. I was (gladly) surprised I didnít have to change it earlier to be honest, with the amount of times I have used it!

I use it as a regular lighter at gigs as well as the auto light, so it gets used a lot! I just top it up when o notice the flame getting weaker - but I am used to that anyway from using zippos for about 20 years now! I maybe top it up once at a gig?

[quote]On Apr 4, 2019, montanna40 wrote:
This seems quite interesting
I can see there are different colours. Three in all
But there is a difference of around £50 between
Are we actually paying more just for the colour but would function the same if you got the one thatís £50 cheaper?? [/quote]

The ones I bought at Blackpool are all identical in function - I bought one of each colour. Currently only using my Red one.
Wish this was available years ago when smoking was allowed in bars.

Being a Magic Bartender I lit many a cigarette.

If I had one of those lighters. That would have been cool.

Probably could have sold a few too.

Hey, if the price is right. Why not?
Iíve got some at my shop, and Iíll be playing around with it soon. Will post my review next week.

Todd
www.magicstore.ca
Apparently these elements donít last all that long so hopefully replacements will be inexpensive and readily available.
I presume they are a proprietary item, so what happens in the future when these are no longer available?
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, videoman wrote:
Apparently these elements donít last all that long so hopefully replacements will be inexpensive and readily available.
I presume they are a proprietary item, so what happens in the future when these are no longer available? [/quote]

The flame goes out.
[quote]On Apr 6, 2019, John C wrote:
[quote]On Apr 5, 2019, videoman wrote:
I presume they are a proprietary item, so what happens in the future when these are no longer available? [/quote]

The flame goes out. [/quote]

So the flame is not eternal?
Couldnít resist picking this up because I have several routines I could use it in. Itís a little extra thing that adds mystery as well as just freeing your hands and making things easier overall. However, itís definitely not a necessity so for the price I really had to think about it.

But I did like the leather skin for it. It adds a touch of class and even more importantly it kind of softens the look of a lighter. I donít know how it is where you are but in my area smoking is absolutely shunned so even an accessory can be frowned upon. If some people suspect you are a smoker their respect for you is instantly diminished. They would have more sympathy if you were a drug addict. Iím not a smoker so I will mention that.

The device seems to work very well and so far I am very happy with my purchase. The only 2 minor negatives I see so far is I would prefer the switch be more easily recognizable when pushing it to turn on the lighting element, being able to get a distinct tactile sensation that it is clearly activated. It can be somewhat uncertain whether you are activating it or not, but this will no doubt subside with more practice. Now Iím certainly not adverse to practicing but there are a hundred other things Iím currently working on, so do I really have to practice pushing a switch on? Oh well, I guess I do.

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost. So if the element needs replacing soon it may conceivably cost me $50 to replace and I may have to wait weeks or months to get it. I doubt that it will but the point is that I simply donít know. They imply the cost will be less than a new unit but thatís about it. As I am mainly a hobbyist and wonít be using this 50 times a week Iím not too concerned about it. But if youíre a worker you may want to wait until they get the replacement elements sorted out.

But I donít want this to sound like a negative review because those are minor things and overall, I really like the device and anticipate getting a lot of use out of it. I keep thinking of more ways to use it so it really is a utility device.

One last thing...I havenít used a stopwatch to get an official time, but the 5 or 10 second delays seem to be a little longer than that. Certainly not 30 seconds long but a little longer which is a good thing IMO.
Yawn.

Anyone I perform for will just think trick lighter.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Yawn.

Anyone I perform for will just think trick lighter. [/quote]

I think you would need to consider your presentation, then. If you simply say, ĎHey, check this out!í, and waggle your fingers at the lighter, that might not be enough to sell the effect.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2019, todsky wrote:
Yawn.

I think you would need to consider your presentation, then. If you simply say, ĎHey, check this out!í, and waggle your fingers at the lighter, that might not be enough to sell the effect. [/quote]

Aaaa the good old presentation come back.

No mate. Just the real world.

On the other hand Rex Ignis much better.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2019, todsky wrote:
Yawn.

I think you would need to consider your presentation, then. If you simply say, ĎHey, check this out!í, and waggle your fingers at the lighter, that might not be enough to sell the effect. [/quote]

Aaaa the good old presentation come back.

No mate. Just the real world.

On the other hand Rex Ignis much better. [/quote]

Agreed with reignofsound.... Spectators aren't stupid and presentation will not cover the method for this
Agreed we should never have anything that lights up by itself... those pesky spectators take away all the fun...

Actually looking forward to getting one of these... I love cigars so will be a nice little accessory to carry. I would not use as a stand alone effect but can see a number of was to use it as a magical accessory for Frixxon routines, blister effects, etc.
[quote]On Apr 7, 2019, videoman wrote:

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost. [/quote]

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2019, drumdemon420 wrote:

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost. [/quote]

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me. [/quote]

The first thing I questioned after seeing the trailer was the refills. I searched for them, but couldn't find one listing. Now that I know it's not even covered in the video, this has become less appealing. I was hoping to replace my old, cheesy (yet reliable and entertaining) self-lighting candle in my Halloween and Christmas shows (I use a Dickens Ghosts of Christmas story line) with a more modern prop, but until more reviews come out, I'll hold off.

Thanks to all who shared!

D.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me. [/quote]

The first thing I questioned after seeing the trailer was the refills. I searched for them, but couldn't find one listing. Now that I know it's not even covered in the video, this has become less appealing. I was hoping to replace my old, cheesy (yet reliable and entertaining) self-lighting candle in my Halloween and Christmas shows (I use a Dickens Ghosts of Christmas story line) with a more modern prop, but until more reviews come out, I'll hold off.

D. [/quote]

Hey Titanas still think this was a hit of the convention?

Very useful (NOT) if you canít buy refills even from the creator
[quote]On Apr 9, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

D. [/quote]

Very useful (NOT) if you canít buy refills even from the creator [/quote]

Of course it was a hit of the convention.
Refills are here:
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64261

Just ask your favorite dealer.

Best regards,
Titanas
Happy to see refills are now available. 5 bucks a pop seems like a good price, at least less than I anticipated.
It really all depends on how long they last.

Better stock up as I doubt these will be available in 3 to 5 years or possibly less. Although I suspect they may not have been manufactured exclusively for this prop so hopefully they can be sourced elsewhere at an even better price.

Still think they should have at least mentioned that refills would be available soon in the video and ad copy.
Why cause yourself unnecessary grief?
Constantly amazes me how many times magic creators and manufacturers shoot themselves in the foot by doing things that are easily avoidable.
Iíve used this at two events since it arrived a few days ago and I love it!

As mentioned in a previous comment getting used to button positioning and making sure youíve hit it ok can be a little tricky, but with a little practice is now second nature (and I mean very little practice).
The charge hold is great, after quite a lot of use at the events and generally showing people/practicing Iíve still not had to recharge.
Itís great to now see that the refills are available, and a great price for them!
I got this and so far working with it I like this a lot. Works as advertised . Seems to be really well made. Time will tell. Yes it does take some practice to hit the button but not to hard. I have not had s chance to perform this live yet but will soon. I plan on a routine with this and lit.
I have one on the way. How long will it last before refills are necessary would you say?
Not sure myself. It says should last long time with normal use.
You can buy the coils via the usual online magic shops now...
I did a little review if anyoneís interested

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E
Great review Rooster! Makes me excited for my purchase. Still waiting by the mailbox :)
I like It ! For a great presentation I would blow out a match & then the lighter ignites in the spectators hand !
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
Great review Rooster! Makes me excited for my purchase. Still waiting by the mailbox :) [/quote]

Thanks fella!
Message: Posted by: Magic Factory Berlin (Apr 11, 2019 01:38AM)
Do anyone have experience how to replace the wick? I could't see a way to replace it because it looks like it is glued in. If it is not possible to replace it, the thing is useless.
My friend bought me and himself the light up at blackpool! Both lighter have the same problem! They do not light after 5-6 time of using plus if you walk all day after load with fuel the lighter it do not want to light.
When I open the fluid part the wick was just 1/3 of all lighter, this is not good at all! Also the with very tight thus the fuel can't rise to it! I believe this made not from original zippo so this is and work like nor original zippo.
To change the wick very tricky! You need to have a long nose pliers with a long end, tweezers and perhaps super glue to make the part of the with strong. Also I reccomend you to increas the hole for the wich for about 0.5mm more with a drill.
I've change the wick for original now it's loght till the end of it! And the ligher work perfect without any load of fuel for about few dayes of carrying it in my bag.
If you have some problems PM me I'll let you know or perhaps will make a video soom ! Because I need to change the wick in the ligher of my friend too.
[quote]On Apr 9, 2019, Titanas wrote:

D. [/quote]

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Good To Know Pitty it took you 9 days to answer that question !
I goina use the virtual reality app with the zippo lighter on it ,place the zippo lighted in a spectators hands ,show the app lighter on my phone and light it .
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine
Nice one Gassaox! Good idea.
Was tempted after watching Roosters review, went to look at the price, Crikey! Over £100 for the cheapest option. Pass.
There's a lot of talk about refills, the video trailer makes it look like it's just a simple replacement of pre-wound heating wire like in any vape pin, is this not the case? Also I'd much prefer an adjustable timer you could set via the usb cable, 10 seconds is way too short for some of us.
10 seconds is way too short for some of us. !!!!!! Thatís what she said!!!!!!
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, gassaox wrote:
I goina use the virtual reality app with the zippo lighter on it ,place the zippo lighted in a spectators hands ,show the app lighter on my phone and light it .
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine [/quote]. Great thinking. Just did.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, gassaox wrote:
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine [/quote]. Great thinking. Just did. [/quote]
Brill hope you got some good reactions 👍🏻
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Was tempted after watching Roosters review, went to look at the price, Crikey! Over £100 for the cheapest option. Pass. [/quote]

Obviously what things are worth are subjective. But if you need a self igniting lighter then it does itís job (and has already paid for itself with my uses for it).
I can think of some nice touches to existing routines with one, but they are not worth £100 +
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that the Maroon version is LIMITED to only 250 units and will NEVER be made again. So if maroon is what fits your style, don't wait to pick one up because once they're gone - they're gone.
[quote]On Apr 12, 2019, MurphysNEW wrote:
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that the Maroon version is LIMITED to only 250 units and will NEVER be made again. So if maroon is what fits your style, don't wait to pick one up because once they're gone - they're gone. [/quote]

I'm guessing there is a lot more of these left due to the huge price increase when the classic color does the exact same thing. Hence the announcement over limited limited units.
[quote]On Apr 12, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
I can think of some nice touches to existing routines with one, but they are not worth £100 + [/quote]

Well at least you know what itís worth for you :)
Should of made them where you could have changed the colour of the sleeves they sit in and buy the covers seperate to the lighter then you had a choice of which colour you want to use
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, Rooster wrote:

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E [/quote]

Rooster,

Thank you so much. Excellent review! My next concern would be about the refills. I assumes they didn't last long if they're selling them as a 3-pack, but if you say one is good for 150-200 ignitions, then this would be something to consider. Thank you again!

D.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
[quote]On Apr 10, 2019, Rooster wrote:

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E [/quote]

Rooster,

Thank you so much. Excellent review! My next concern would be about the refills. I assumes they didn't last long if they're selling them as a 3-pack, but if you say one is good for 150-200 ignitions, then this would be something to consider. Thank you again!

D. [/quote]

Youíre most welcome! Yes, it will also depend a little on how long you keep the flame burning as well, as the longer you keep it on the more strain it will put on the element. With my presentation it is only on for a couple of seconds. If you were to light it on a table to produce something with flash paper etc. It could wear out slightly faster. Also the other day I saw the element not burning as hard and thought ďoh maybe I now need to replace itĒ but nope just needed a recharge 😂
There is a disparity between the bottom of my lighter and the lighter on the online video. The part to add the fluid on the video says there is a hole and there is no packing material. On my lighter there is no hole and there is packing material. I am not versed with using lighters. Anyone's lighter show up like this and if so, do I just apply the lighter fluid to the packing material?
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, jeffgiraldo wrote:
There is a disparity between the bottom of my lighter and the lighter on the online video. The part to add the fluid on the video says there is a hole and there is no packing material. On my lighter there is no hole and there is packing material. I am not versed with using lighters. Anyone's lighter show up like this and if so, do I just apply the lighter fluid to the packing material? [/quote]

Pick a corner of the packing and apply a small amount of fuel at a time(donít worry about the hole). Remember it doesnít take a lot to fill it and itíll over flow quite quickly (not a problem though).

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Wait a minute. two weeks ago ctc project was the hit of the convention.Titanas wrote "This was the hit of Blackpool 2019.
This feels and looks so good.
I love it!!!" hmmmm
Picked up my lighter on Friday and have experimented with it a lot over the weekend. So far works great and can get many ignitions from one fuel re-fill. When first using this be sure to give some time for the wick to soak up the fuel. At first after filling it was not igniting consistently but letting it sit for awhile it then worked 100% of the time. Battery was fully charged out of the box and still going strong. Igniter looks to be pretty durable but will order a back up set to have on hand.

Looking at the wick area the igniter is not obvious and I don't think would be noticed by a spectator if they looked. As already noted the lighter itself is a knock off Zippo... looks real and is the same size as a real Zippo lighter insert. The lid does not have the same "snap" as a real Zippo (Zippo users will know what I mean). However, overall very satisfied with this so far.

John
Just got one yesterday too from the local magic shop.

It's a really nice quality piece. The tech is impressive. Unfortunately, the way to activate it, however, is next to impossible for me. It is simply not working. Out of 100 attempts, only one time did I maybe get it to activate.
And I am squeezing the heck out of the "button" too. I've tried all manner of presses...still nothing.

I realize that the "button" does not have a tactile feel to know you are activating it...I'm okay with that design element as it helps to make it spec proof. I'm also okay with having to give it a good push so a spec can't figure it out....But even with sore thumbs and heavy, unnatural, presses of the button, it is not working for me.

When removing the lighter from the case, and testing it, it's fine. It does work (albeit the timing of the pushes vs delay is slightly off). So it isn't the tech that is the problem. It's the secret "button" on the case that's the issue.

I'm going to return it for a replacement but if the second unit has the same issue, unfortunately, I will need to get a refund on it. There is just no practical way this can be done reliably otherwise. A shame because it really is a neat device.

Anyone else having similar issues?
Not having that issue Pendleton. It did take a lttle time to get comfortable with the right spot to depress other than that it is working consistently. I do have an idea I may try that may make it easier if you want to PM me feel free.
Iíve only played with it briefly but didnít experience quite as bad a time as Pendleton, but I do wish it had a way of the performer knowing that it had been activated.
I fear that Iím never really going to feel confident doing it. Depending on your presentation you could really be left with egg on your face.

Iíll practice more but as I said before I donít feel that pushing a button should require a lot of practice.
Sounds like I may have a faulty case...or at least one that is not as conducive to activating. Will return mine for a replacement.

Thanks JM for offering some ideas around it. I think I have a pretty good idea of what it might be but for an item that costs $130+, I really don't think I should have to modify this. Should work out of the box. I do appreciate you offering assistance though. And glad to hear yours is fine and not a struggle to activate like on my device. Makes me hopeful that a replacement will do the trick.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

It's a really nice quality piece. The tech is impressive. Unfortunately, the way to activate it, however, is next to impossible for me. It is simply not working. Out of 100 attempts, only one time did I maybe get it to activate.
And I am squeezing the heck out of the "button" too. I've tried all manner of presses...still nothing.
[/quote]

It worked one out of 100 times for you and it's a "nice quality piece"?
[quote]On Apr 11, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

D. [/quote]

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Good To Know Pitty it took you 9 days to answer that question ! [/quote]

Yeah, Titanas, how dare you not be sitting at your screen, speculating about refills. How rude of you to wait until you had a definitive answer. Shame on you, sir.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:

[/quote]

It worked one out of 100 times for you and it's a "nice quality piece"? [/quote]

Please watch the instructional video. If you press multiple times, you will be cancelling out the activation timer (a built in safety).
^ Watch the video?! Why didn't I think of that? C'mon, dude what do you take me for? I never said I pressed it multiple times in a row...because, yes, I understand the cancellation feature. It's the "button" area on the case that's the issue. Please read my whole post.

@ Magic Squared ... it is an elegant and impressive bit of tech. And it is quality as you can tell it was not shoddily put together. The activation "button area" (not electronic...just an area that makes it conducive to activate) on my case seems to be the issue that others aren't having. If a replacement doesn't solve the issue, however, I will retract that comment. And dub it a POS ;)
^ Watch the video?! Why didn't I think of that? C'mon, dude what do you take me for? I never said I pressed it multiple times in a row...because, yes, I understand the cancellation feature. It's the "button" area on the case that's the issue. Please read my whole post.

@ Magic Squared ... it is an elegant and impressive bit of tech. And it is quality as you can tell it was not shoddily put together. The activation "button area" (not electronic...just an area that makes it conducive to activate) on my case seems to be the issue that others aren't having. If a replacement doesn't solve the issue, however, I will retract that comment. And dub it a POS ;) [/quote]

My mistake, I read '...And I am squeezing the heck out of the "button" too. I've tried all manner of presses...' as if you were squeezing the heck out of the button and trying all manner of presses.

I don't take you personally for anything in particular, but having worked it magic retail and having to talk through how to find the rest of a customers 'missing items' that were still in the packaging, and how to instruct someone how to NOT electrocute himself whilst using Electric Touch, I have learned not to presume people do things like watching/reading instructions.

Does your unit activate whilst NOT in the lighter?
^ all good Marc...thought you were being snarky so figured I would a little snark back. My mistake too.

I did put this in my original comment but yes, the unit activates when not in the case. That's why I am so bummed...because it is a cool little device. The case/ button indent is the problem. I hope a replacement solves this. If not, and it is still cumbersome to activate, I will take back all the nice things I said about it ;)
Just something else to note. To trigger off the 5 second delay you do not need to hold the button for 3 seconds. You can just press the button once and it will start the 5 second delay before ignition.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2019, paranormal wrote:

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Wait a minute. two weeks ago ctc project was the hit of the convention.Titanas wrote "This was the hit of Blackpool 2019.
I love it!!!" hmmmm [/quote]

Titanas has a Very Selective Memory

Give it a few more days and another Hit of the Convention will be pitched !
^ all good Marc...thought you were being snarky so figured I would a little snark back. My mistake too.

I did put this in my original comment but yes, the unit activates when not in the case. That's why I am so bummed...because it is a cool little device. The case/ button indent is the problem. I hope a replacement solves this. If not, and it is still cumbersome to activate, I will take back all the nice things I said about it ;) [/quote]

Might be worth (and I know it would be a pain) inserting a card shin the same size as the cut-out into the case? See if that helps. If it works fine out of the case, the button might just be sunk into the unit a fraction more than it should have been during assembly. Can happen easily with micro electronics.
[quote]On Apr 16, 2019, JackMagic wrote:

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Give it a few more days and another Hit of the Convention will be pitched ! [/quote]

Guys, you are always going hard on Titanas... really... Always trashing him... Even if you don't agree with him or with his posts, I don't see why you're always judging him and attacking.. my 2 cents.
[quote]On Apr 16, 2019, MarcLavelle wrote:

I did put this in my original comment but yes, the unit activates when not in the case. That's why I am so bummed...because it is a cool little device. The case/ button indent is the problem. I hope a replacement solves this. If not, and it is still cumbersome to activate, I will take back all the nice things I said about it ;) [/quote]

Might be worth (and I know it would be a pain) inserting a card shin the same size as the cut-out into the case? See if that helps. If it works fine out of the case, the button might just be sunk into the unit a fraction more than it should have been during assembly. Can happen easily with micro electronics. [/quote]

Mine works well but I did apply a small square of adhesive velvet over the switch area on the lighter inset. For me resulted in much less pressure needed to activate. Like Marc suggested this reduces the distance to the switch button.
[quote]On Apr 16, 2019, Ceierry wrote:

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Give it a few more days and another Hit of the Convention will be pitched ! [/quote]

Guys, you are always going hard on Titanas... really... Always trashing him... Even if you don't agree with him or with his posts, I don't see why you're always judging him and attacking.. my 2 cents. [/quote]

My issue is not that he comes on here and says this product was released my issue is that everything is the greatest magic breakthrough ever.

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Guys, you are always going hard on Titanas... really... Always trashing him... Even if you don't agree with him or with his posts, I don't see why you're always judging him and attacking.. my 2 cents. [/quote]

I went to Blackpool, I did several laps of the dealer hall and spoke to a LOT of magicians. I'd say, like most years, there were a good 6 or 7 HITS

Out of thousands of products, you can easily tell the hits as most people will ask if you have seen the same **whatever trick it is** several times over the three days, and you will see people playing with them at in The Ruskin, you will see ACTUAL crowds around the booth that sells **whatever the trick is**

If you have only ever had one trick that was a hit with your audiences, you're doing something wrong!
I will say that the level of nitpicking here (and this is a good example, but there are many others) makes this a generally unfriendly feeling forum, which is a shame as it's the most public facing portion of the Cafť.

That's unlikely to change, given the regular posters are who they are, but it is notable as someone who hasn't been here long.
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, snm wrote:

Does it turn itself off? Can the flame go out on it's own? [/quote]

I would like a remote option instead of the timer. I could use the lighter in a talk about tobacco usage or something and lay it on the table and later from across the room, when I summon the spirit, the lighter lights. Cool spirit lamp. I would age mine to look old, since most people do not carry Zippos anymore it would make a great piece found in the remains of a mysteriously burned building. But alas, only 10 sec so that's done with.
[quote]On Apr 16, 2019, MarcLavelle wrote:

Refills are here:

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

I went to Blackpool, I did several laps of the dealer hall and spoke to a LOT of magicians. I'd say, like most years, there were a good 6 or 7 HITS

Out of thousands of products, you can easily tell the hits as most people will ask if you have seen the same **whatever trick it is** several times over the three days, and you will see people playing with them at in The Ruskin, you will see ACTUAL crowds around the booth that sells **whatever the trick is**

If you have only ever had one trick that was a hit with your audiences, you're doing something wrong! [/quote]

If you take a look at the for sale section on another magic site you will notice over 7 of the last item that Titanas said was the hit of the convention!

Makes you wonder
Hey folks haven't been active on the Cafť' for ages. Hope you all are having fun with Light It Up. I personally designed the safety feature, delay and cancelation feature. Still using the finalized prototype I built two years ago and only had to change the coil once. I love it and do it as a casual piece all the time myself. I am visiting the Cafť' for the next couple days while on the road. If anyone got any questions or thoughts I'd be happy to assist here :) If you got cool applications and routines, let's jam too!
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, Will Tsai wrote:
Hey folks haven't been active on the Cafť' for ages. Hope you all are having fun with Light It Up. I personally designed the safety feature, delay and cancelation feature. Still using the finalized prototype I built two years ago and only had to change the coil once. I love it and do it as a casual piece all the time myself. I am visiting the Cafť' for the next couple days while on the road. If anyone got any questions or thoughts I'd be happy to assist here :) If you got cool applications and routines, let's jam too! [/quote]

Hi Will, this thread has some suggestions if you can do them. I'd be more than glad to discuss any of mine with you. Be careful out there.
Just got my replacement...works waaaay better now.. What a difference. No major struggle to activate it like on my first unit.

I do have an occasional miss (vs an occasional hit with my defective unit)...but I literally just opened it up so I'm still understanding the sweet spot of a proper functioning unit. If anything, the 10 second delay with the longer press is the trickiest to master.

I stand by what I said previously...this is a quality and elegant piece. With pretty impressive tech.

Nice job Will...I love it. Thanks for jumping on here.
Very interesting B U T it`s from Sansminds!!!! I`ll never ever buy again from this guys. No absolutely NO customer service.
Just got mine today. Looking forward to opening it up. I hope to get into it over the weekend.
Mine came today, I ordered the black one.
There is a appx. 2x2 centimeter square bump out (not indent)
on the leather case.
Is that how anyone else's is?
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
[quote]On Apr 2, 2019, snm wrote:

Does it turn itself off? Can the flame go out on it's own? [/quote]

I would like a remote option instead of the timer. I could use the lighter in a talk about tobacco usage or something and lay it on the table and later from across the room, when I summon the spirit, the lighter lights. Cool spirit lamp. I would age mine to look old, since most people do not carry Zippos anymore it would make a great piece found in the remains of a mysteriously burned building. But alas, only 10 sec so that's done with. [/quote]

I agree. When I first heard of this, I thought it was remote-operated (like my cheesy candle that I described in a previous post). I was a little put off by the button--much more now with all the reviews. That said, I still may purchase this before my big Halloween show. :)

D.
I had to return the lighter the first time because the on/off switch fell right off the first time I tried to switch it on. I returned it. I just received the second lighter in the mail, hoping that it would work because I am excited about this effect. However, when I went to switch it on, the same exact thing happened, the on/off switch just fell off like butter. I have countless effects that require turning them on and off and that have electronic subtleties. I know how to handle magic products. I am returning this product and just going to get a refund. What is the point of rolling the dice three times?
^ Ugh...this just happened to me on my replacement unit. Went to turn it on and the switch disintegrated. And I was handling it delicately too.

So bummed. I really liked this effect. Really thought the tech was very clever. When it works, it is awesome. But sadly, after going thru two units, the quality just doesn't hold up.

I'm returning it this time for good.
So here is a stupid question...how do you fill this with lighter fluid? The instructions talk about pouring the fluid in a hole. I didnít see a hole. Donít you just soak the material that is inside the lighter? I admit it has been decades since I last used a zippo. :)
^ yup. Soak the material. There was no hole in mine either (both the original and replacement).
[quote]On Apr 20, 2019, jeffgiraldo wrote:
I had to return the lighter the first time because the on/off switch fell right off the first time I tried to switch it on. I returned it. I just received the second lighter in the mail, hoping that it would work because I am excited about this effect. However, when I went to switch it on, the same exact thing happened, the on/off switch just fell off like butter. I have countless effects that require turning them on and off and that have electronic subtleties. I know how to handle magic products. I am returning this product and just going to get a refund. What is the point of rolling the dice three times? [/quote]

Yikes! Would you mind sharing a picture of this? It shouldn't be a problem since you can see the tech in the trailer. Just wondering how exactly if "fell off like butter."

D.
Which effect you do with the light? :-)
[quote]On Apr 20, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
^ Ugh...this just happened to me on my replacement unit. Went to turn it on and the switch disintegrated. And I was handling it delicately too.

So bummed. I really liked this effect. Really thought the tech was very clever. When it works, it is awesome. But sadly, after going thru two units, the quality just doesn't hold up.

I'm returning it this time for good. [/quote]
Not only that, but the coil (the thing that ignites the lighter) keeps fall off into the case! This happens during performance.
I have experienced the same types of difficulties with the physical mechanisms as are described in a number of posts. It is very disappointing because when the device works (and that is inconsistent) the effect can be magical. I am tempted to return it but will keep it, hoping that handling will get better. I mentioned in a reply that one of the problems I am experiencing is that the coil (the ignition coil) falls off into the case during performance. It seems that it dosn't quite snap into the holes.
[quote]On Apr 22, 2019, Whippet wrote:
I have experienced the same types of difficulties with the physical mechanisms as are described in a number of posts. It is very disappointing because when the device works (and that is inconsistent) the effect can be magical. I am tempted to return it but will keep it, hoping that handling will get better. I mentioned in a reply that one of the problems I am experiencing is that the coil (the ignition coil) falls off into the case during performance. It seems that it dosn't quite snap into the holes. [/quote]

That definitely doesn't inspire confidence in the devices durability
Does anybody ever check ,quality control sansminds items before they sell them to the public .Think they just got a batch made from China then just sell them.
Well that has made my mind up now .no way I wasting a hundred quid no thanks
[quote]On Apr 15, 2019, MarcLavelle wrote:
[quote]On Apr 15, 2019, Magicsquared wrote:

[/quote]

It worked one out of 100 times for you and it's a "nice quality piece"? [/quote]

Please watch the instructional video. If you press multiple times, you will be cancelling out the activation timer (a built in safety). [/quote]
Check the coil. What you describe happened to me and I discovered that the coil was broken (or burned out -- couldn't tell).
I am disappointed I did not take a picture to post. I didnít think about that before I sent it back for a second full refund.

The lighter in the video had to be a prototype and was obviously well made. the product that they are mass producing is of inferior quality. In the video there is a hole to put the lighter fluid in. The products I received both had the white stuffing to absorb the lighter fluid. Not that big a deal, but further proof that they use a prototype or something different in the video Versus the product they sent out.
FYI the on/off switch is made of plastic. The company I bought it from stated that they have had a lot of these returned so far due to this piece falling off. They were very apologetic and encouraged me to wait a couple of weeks after sans mind releases any future products so I can read the review before I buy one of their products again. They are largely disappointed with them as well.
Just received the basic black version. Charged for a bit after opening and worked very well!

Quick idea I've tried is mixing hold your fire by John Kennedy with this. A lot of possibilities using this device!

If you like what you see, I don't think you can go wrong.

-Kevin
[quote]On Apr 25, 2019, Kevin Li wrote:
Just received the basic black version. Charged for a bit after opening and worked very well!

Quick idea I've tried is mixing hold your fire by John Kennedy with this. A lot of possibilities using this device!

If you like what you see, I don't think you can go wrong.

-Kevin [/quote]

As we say in the funeral business, "If you have one happy client with a smile on his face, the funeral is a success!"
Unfortunately, I can confirm all: broken (white plastic) switch (on/off), loose coil (also new replacements coils are too loose, the inner diameter of the small tubes at the main unit are too wide...), missing "hole" (okay, no big deal, but normally the Zippo has a felt pad with a hole on top of the wadding material which you fill..., but it works also without the felt pad)... but certainly a bit too much of degradation... I do not want being a dealer distributing them... Jan
[quote]On Apr 25, 2019, JanForster wrote:
Unfortunately, I can confirm all: broken (white plastic) switch (on/off), loose coil (also new replacements coils are too loose, the inner diameter of the small tubes at the main unit are too wide...), missing "hole" (okay, no big deal, but normally the Zippo has a felt pad with a hole on top of the wadding material which you fill..., but it works also without the felt pad)... but certainly a bit too much of degradation... I do not want being a dealer distributing them... Jan [/quote]

Or a customer buying one.
Yes, indeed :) ...
I preordered April 3 and the site says my order is still being processed. They havenít returned my email query and with the recent negative reviews, I donít have the excitement I once did. Iím familiar with their reputation for other releases but I hadnít heard issues with customer service.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
I preordered April 3 and the site says my order is still being processed. They havenít returned my email query and with the recent negative reviews, I donít have the excitement I once did. Iím familiar with their reputation for other releases but I hadnít heard issues with customer service. [/quote]

You are all familiar with their reputation and you keep buying... Unbelievable.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, academy wrote:
I preordered April 3 and the site says my order is still being processed. They havenít returned my email query and with the recent negative reviews, I donít have the excitement I once did. Iím familiar with their reputation for other releases but I hadnít heard issues with customer service. [/quote]

You are all familiar with their reputation and you keep buying... Unbelievable. [/quote]

Itís definitely a risk, but even with the negative feedback and lack of customer support, a lot of their products are great utility devices.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, academy wrote:

You are all familiar with their reputation and you keep buying... Unbelievable. [/quote]

Some people never learn !

Easily taken by Titanas and his sales pitch, Time and time again
Jack,
Why do you ONLY post about Titanas? Do you not have a life outside of him?

Mpitcher
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, M Pitcher wrote:
Jack,
Why do you ONLY post about Titanas? Do you not have a life outside of him?

Mpitcher [/quote]

Who is Titanas?
Yeah, I don't get the Titanas bashing. Seems like a nice guy who gets discussions going about new effects, which is kind of the point of Latest and Greatest. Sure, he's getting paid by Murphy's, but so what. I'm sure that some of us would love to have that job.
I have been testing my Light it up over several days now, had none of the a/m issues with it, very happy with my purchase.
Disappointed with this purchase. Bought it from Saturn Matgic, item seems to have been pre owned, ignition was already burnt and broken and had to be replaced for item to work. I had paid for a brand new one but dissapointed I seem to have recieved a damaged pre owned item.

Seems to be poorly made as mentioned by others and does not resmeble the item shown in the instruction video.

Dissapointing considering the price.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Yeah, I don't get the Titanas bashing. Seems like a nice guy who gets discussions going about new effects, which is kind of the point of Latest and Greatest. Sure, he's getting paid by Murphy's, but so what. I'm sure that some of us would love to have that job. [/quote]

So to answer your question

[quote]On Apr 1, 2019, Titanas wrote:
This was a hit (or should I say a heat) at the Blackpool Magic Convention.

The lighter screams quality and the effect is amazing. I love the fact that the lighter works as a real lighter.

These will fly off the shelf immediately!

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Two week earlier

Titanas wrote "This was the hit of Blackpool 2019.

Half the time I get the impression he has never even seen the item he is pitching
as never answers any questions after his first pitch

As for his comment

Hardly lives up to his hype

quote]On Apr 20, 2019, jeffgiraldo wrote:
I had to return the lighter the first time because the on/off switch fell right off the first time I tried to switch it on. I returned it. I just received the second lighter in the mail, hoping that it would work because I am excited about this effect. However, when I went to switch it on, the same exact thing happened, the on/off switch just fell off like butter. I have countless effects that require turning them on and off and that have electronic subtleties. I know how to handle magic products. I am returning this product and just going to get a refund. What is the point of rolling the dice three times? [/quote]

Or

[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, Sanks wrote:
Disappointed with this purchase. Bought it from Saturn Matgic, item seems to have been pre owned, ignition was already burnt and broken and had to be replaced for item to work. I had paid for a brand new one but dissapointed I seem to have recieved a damaged pre owned item.

Seems to be poorly made as mentioned by others and does not resmeble the item shown in the instruction video.

Dissapointing considering the price. [/quote]

Yes I know he works for Murphyís but they must have 1000 of items so instead of just pitching the items that every dealers and his mother has sent emails about why not make an effort and tell us about some hidden Gems that must exist

And letís face it Sansminds hardly has the best reputation for posting Honest Videos
Jackmagic,
Despite the fact that you never miss a chance to bash me, I will still reply to you.
A big convention like the Blackpool convention it doesnít only have one hit.
Regarding that you feel that sometimes I havenít seen the items, I ll tell you that whenever I post something and itís just the ad copy then more than likely
I havenít seen the item which is why I donít offer an opinion, they are just announcements and you seem like the only person that doesnít get it.
For the items I offer an opinion - I have personal experience with them.
Also as a small advice, people might value your opinion more if you didnít always make it so personal about me.

Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Jackmagic,
Despite the fact that you never miss a chance to bash me, I will still reply to you.
Regarding that you feel that sometimes I havenít seen the items, I ll tell you that whenever I post something and itís just the ad copy then more than likely
I havenít seen the item which is why I donít offer an opinion, they are just announcements and you seem like the only person that doesnít get it.
Also as a small advice, people might value your opinion more if you didnít always make it so personal about me.

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

That's education.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Jackmagic,

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Class act.
[quote]On Apr 21, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
^ yup. Soak the material. There was no hole in mine either (both the original and replacement). [/quote]

Thanks. I finally decided that must be the case, At first I thought something was missing but The good folks at Vanishing Inc. confirmed that the one in the instructional video is more of a prototype and that the ones sent out did not have the pad.
By the way, I have been practice with mine off and on the past few days and have had no problems with it. Works great. I had to work through the timing and how hard to press but after some practice I think Iíve got it down! I am very pleased with it. Now I just need to develop a routine with it. IMO, I donít think presenting it as a stand alone ďwatch me make this lighter liteĒ is the best use of this item. But I do think it has many excellent possibilities.
Is it true that the ones sold at Blackpool are higher quality and different to the ones sent out post Blackpool? A friend of mine purchased one of these after seeing it at Blackpool and being impressed with the quality and when he received his it was glued together and shoddily designed and to top it off the lighter didnít work. Has anyone else had this type of experience? Iím interested in making a purchase but donít want to purchase an inferior product to the original.

David.
[quote]On May 5, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
Is it true that the ones sold at Blackpool are higher quality and different to the ones sent out post Blackpool? A friend of mine purchased one of these after seeing it at Blackpool and being impressed with the quality and when he received his it was glued together and shoddily designed and to top it off the lighter didnít work. Has anyone else had this type of experience? Iím interested in making a purchase but donít want to purchase an inferior product to the original.

David. [/quote]
I am waiting for my third lighter to arrive (had to return 2 because of problems similar to the ones described in this discussion.) Will try to let you know how it goes. I like the effect and its potential for use -- that's why I persist -- but it has to be 3 strikes and I'm out.
I am still at a loss on how to even contact Sansmind. There is no phone number. I've tried twitter and three emails for a PREORDER. I was gonna try Will Tsai on this but I don't believe he's on here a lot. Any ideas?
Sans Mind is a scam company who has crappy customer service that doesnít answer support emails nor do they ship items that are paid for with good, hard earned money.

On Friday April 26 I ordered the Red Light it Up from Sans Mind directly, because my local magic shop refuses to buy from them.

I received email confirmation my order was received. I did not receive shipping confirmation or tracking.

The following Tuesday I sent them an email asking for the tracking confirmation. No reply.

Over the next week I would send another email with no reply.

On April 30 Sans Mind took the monies spent ($211 with tax and shipping) confirmed purchase with my bank. No shipping confirmation.

It is now May the 9th as of this post, and no product. Have sent multiple emails and none of them got replies. And no return.

I have spoken, since, to a few people who have experienced working for them or ordering from them and not getting product.

The product may be the best in the word, but itís not worth it. Sans Mind is a piece of crap company.

Do NOT do business with them. Their products are crap, donít believe me? Go read most of my reviews. Iíve been ripping them a new arse for years. But now I have confirmation that the people who run the company are the bloody inspiration for birth control themselves.

Youíve been warned. Purchase at your own risk. And Iím not above ďI told you soĒ.
[quote]On May 9, 2019, Whippet wrote:
[quote]On May 5, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

David. [/quote]
I am waiting for my third lighter to arrive (had to return 2 because of problems similar to the ones described in this discussion.) Will try to let you know how it goes. I like the effect and its potential for use -- that's why I persist -- but it has to be 3 strikes and I'm out. [/quote]

My friend ended up getting a refund, he had two with the same issue. Itís not good when magic companies feel they can do this, itís unacceptable and contacting them is near impossible Iíve heard. Luckily my friend went through a vendor.

David.
Glad but sorry too to see Iím not alone. Itís too bad. Looking forward to this too. Iím gonna give it another day or so and if no one here can help me reach them or give me contact info, Iíll go to bank. Not sure of other course of action.
My third one arrived and, surprise, no problems, works fine. Unfortunately, it seems to be hit or miss with Light It Up. I only purchase through well-established on-line magic "stores" and have never hand a return or refund problem. I have never purchased from the makers of the products.
[quote]On May 10, 2019, William Draven wrote:
Sans Mind is a scam company who has crappy customer service that doesnít answer support emails nor do they ship items that are paid for with good, hard earned money.

On Friday April 26 I ordered the Red Light it Up from Sans Mind directly, because my local magic shop refuses to buy from them.

I received email confirmation my order was received. I did not receive shipping confirmation or tracking.

The following Tuesday I sent them an email asking for the tracking confirmation. No reply.

Over the next week I would send another email with no reply.

On April 30 Sans Mind took the monies spent ($211 with tax and shipping) confirmed purchase with my bank. No shipping confirmation.

It is now May the 9th as of this post, and no product. Have sent multiple emails and none of them got replies. And no return.

I have spoken, since, to a few people who have experienced working for them or ordering from them and not getting product.

The product may be the best in the word, but itís not worth it. Sans Mind is a piece of crap company.

Do NOT do business with them. Their products are crap, donít believe me? Go read most of my reviews. Iíve been ripping them a new arse for years. But now I have confirmation that the people who run the company are the bloody inspiration for birth control themselves.

Youíve been warned. Purchase at your own risk. And Iím not above ďI told you soĒ. [/quote]

The new magic tao. that being said they have some good releases just don't buy from them.
I've got a brand new one still sealed for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me
Mine broke first day.
[quote]On May 13, 2019, elimagic wrote:
I've got a brand new one still sealed for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me [/quote]

LMAO. I am truly astonished that people still buy dross from this company.
Must have been lucky with mine I bought through Penguine, and works like a charm, yes you need to handle it delicately, but this is the case with so many props too.
[quote]On May 28, 2019, leosx1 wrote:
Must have been lucky with mine I bought through Penguine, and works like a charm, yes you need to handle it delicately, but this is the case with so many props too. [/quote]

There you go. Thereís your answer everyone. Youíre all too heavy handed.
[quote]On May 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On May 28, 2019, leosx1 wrote:
Must have been lucky with mine I bought through Penguine, and works like a charm, yes you need to handle it delicately, but this is the case with so many props too. [/quote]

There you go. Thereís your answer everyone. Youíre all too heavy handed. [/quote]

They don't make magic Tricks like they used to Especially if it comes from Sansminds
Light It Up Ė Sansminds

Product description: If you would be able to do magic, what would you do? Fire and magic have a close relationship, flash paper, torch to rose etc.. With Light It Up, you are able to automatically light a zippo without touching it, which will add a touch of mystery to your performances. The idea is simple and I wonít reveal much by saying itís an electronic device hidden in a zippo case, which gives you a timer of 5 or 10 seconds before lighting by itself. But Sansminds is known for half finished and not working products so letís go into this review !

Price and where to buy it: This is sold at $120 for the black one, $150 for the classic walnut and $180 for Vigor Maroon and you can find them here : www.magicdream.fr

What you get: The packaging is simple yet quite cool, usual from Sansminds, white and elegant. Inside, youíll find the zippo which is a ďregularĒ zippo case with leather housing and inside the electronic module. Itís well made and can be taken in and out from the metallic housing. What I like too is the way you can change the heating coil, which is the weak point of all device like this so you can change it if it gets damaged. Youíre also supplied with a US charging plug and a usb cable. Of course, you get access to an instructional video which teaches you everything you need to know, from refilling the device, to charging it and using it. Overall, this is a nice piece of kit, it seems well made and works as advertised.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec4Xbj6DsGg&t=11s

The pros and the cons: Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS:
Itís an electronic device and itís from Sansminds so Iím a bit worried about whether it will work in 3 or 6 months.
The on/off switch is quite small and several friends of mine told me they broke it. So itís a bit fragile.
You canít really feel the button through the leather.

THE PROS:
It works as advertised, the heating coil is heating and trigger the wick which is full of zippo fluid. There is a small red glowing light, due to the heating coil, which is showing before the lightning of the wick but nothing weird.
The heating coil is something you can plug in so you can switch it easily if it gets damaged.
You get a 5 or 10 seconds delay before it lights up, which is, I think, enough to pull out some flash paper to ignite.
Your hands are free and away from the zippo when it lights up which is a really nice feature, you have nothing hidden or a remote to carry around.

Overall rating: It works as it should, itís a bit pricey but the electronic does all the work for you. If you like what you see in the trailer, you wonít be disappointed with Light It Up, but itís not my cup of tea, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, the hardest part is to feel whether or not you pushed on the button, but itís something you can train to get the right amount of pressure, 2/5 stars.

Similar products: I have nothing in my minds which looks like this, maybe a self igniting candle but thatís all.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website: http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Unfortunately the issue I keep encountering with mine is that it will not ignite consistently. Often times what will happen is the heating element will light up, but it will not ignite the wick. Any solutions to get it to ignite consistently?
I had to stick a needle in and lean the element over to the fuse more and be sure there was fresh fuel on the wick. I have the same timing issues. I usually go for the 10 second version because itís easier for me to over press than underpress and mess up. Im thinking my index finger may hit the sweet spot more than my thumb.
Mine is counterintuitive in the sense that it works actually better if the fuse isn't too close to the wick. Shortly before performance I try it out a few times to make sure its set up properly and so far it hasnt let me down, as back up I carry a self build self lighting match under my lapel that I can pull

out just in case and lit the lighter with it. The leather around the hole I cut out and painted the inside black, to make the pressing surefire lol. The black art effect helps disguising it and its facing me anyways.
Now my ligher was broken twice! First died the button thanks God my friend fix it! Now the on/off switch(the plastic slader come off the metall body! But I found solution how to ON it without it! If you have problem with on/off switch that was broken pm me!