(Close Window)
Topic: Lior Suchard
Just wondering what people think about Lior Suchard. I have only discovered him recently and I must say I'm very impressed. Here is a link which I believe is very impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdH2kulryN0

I'm assuming much of it must be Pre - S&*% as I don't see any IMPS involved. I'm not new to the craft by any means and I'm baffled if its not. Great job in my opinion.
If you put his name in the search box on here you'll find lots of posts...
Masterful! Great stuff.
I love the glow sticks..so visual!
Good performer, a little bit over the top for my taste, but is his style for sure.
Given how heavily based his work is on pre-show (I assume), perhaps it suffers a little from the too perfect theory? Being a layman I cannot imagine seeing it as anything other than being staged in some way. He does handle it very well though.
I've since seen Lior in some less than perfect situations, and it goes horribly. Particularly on a Russian station. However I think we all come across bad situations like that. When it goes well he is very good and charming. Since it relies so heavy on Pre-S@#£, I'm wondering would the guests all talk after and say, hey he had me blah blah blah
Not my cup of tea but I recognize that he doens't need more self confidence, and that is key to succeed in this business.
He is the most successful mentalist in the world today.
I think you should try to understand what he is doing right instead of what he is doing wrong...

Nimrod , Israel
He is very successful yes, I don't know about most successful in the world. Derren Brown may be, I guess it depends how you measure it. Mentalism seems to be in fashion right now, with a lot of successful practitioners of it out there. But Lior is up there among the elite, for sure!
I guess you are right, it depends on how you measure it. And still, I stand behind this statement.
Would have thought Derren is more successful. Maybe suchard has as big a body of work? Regardless I think he is very good at how he presents himself. Fair play to him.
Derren is more known in Britain. But in any other country Suchard is by far more known. And regarding fees.. Derren is not even close.
Don't take me wrong, I think Derren is the most important mentalist of our time, but success is measured with different parameters.
Both Derren & Lior are top of their game. Both are master craftsmen.

Derrenís thoughtful theatricality/many TV specials (partnered with Andy Nyman) have been a game changer for performers.

Liorís many TV appearances are also a wonder to behold - frenetically fun and fast paced.

When either of these good guys wins in the world of showbiz, then we all benefit. Iím certain that the fees that I can charge now are higher as a result of these two - and the many talented shoulders they both stand on (Eugene Berger and Lior Manor among others).
Wow... amazing what we are and are not exposed to in our respective countries. I grew up watching Derren, his TV shows, his specials and live shows. He is what got me into mentalism. Has Lior released anything, books or such? I must sound so ignorant to those who know Lior.i have only seen a few talk show clips!
According to Forbes - last year:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2018/11/08/the-worlds-highest-paid-magicians-of-2018/#12ad13354c64
Staggering amounts of money. Talk about living the dream....but hard work!
I don't think it is wise to use money as a pure yardstick for talent or genius.

I am a huge fan of both of these guys. Many of the best in the business were not necessarily full time pros...

Bob Cassidy is one example - and Larry Becker was full time in advertising and mentalism was a sideline.

I like Lior a lot and deeply respect his many accomplishment - and Derren too.

Both of these guys have made mentalism more popular and we all benefit. I hope they both work and make as much $$$ as they want, but more importantly I wish them happiness.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

I am a huge fan of both of these guys. Many of the best in the business were not necessarily full time pros...

Bob Cassidy is one example - and Larry Becker was full time in advertising and mentalism was a sideline.

Both of these guys have made mentalism more popular and we all benefit. I hope they both work and make as much $$$ as they want, but more importantly I wish them happiness. [/quote]

Do you write Hallmark greeting cards as your full time job? ;)
Lol! You are on a roll lately.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Apr 29, 2019 02:46PM)

Both of these guys have made mentalism more popular and we all benefit. I hope they both work and make as much $$$ as they want, but more importantly I wish them happiness. [/quote]

I thought that when Bob gave up his profession as a lawyer, he was a full time performer? Larry was financially well off before he entered the world of mentalism.
[quote]On Apr 29, 2019, innercirclewannabe wrote:

I thought that when Bob gave up his profession as a lawyer, he was a full time performer? Larry was financially well off before he entered the world of mentalism. [/quote]

About Bob Cassidy:

https://www.stevensmagic.com/2017/bob-cassidy-ricipent-2017-annemann-award/
Things are not always as they appear. Many of the "big names' in magic mentalism were/are not full-time performers or artists or as successful as many seem to think. Deception is a very common thing in the magic community.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Apr 30, 2019 01:44PM)
[quote]On Apr 30, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
Deception is a very common thing in the magic community. [/quote]

Never! 😀
I saw Lior perform at a large event in Chicago last year. He was doing a full 70-90 minute performance for a large audience (2,500+).

It's important to state that this wasn't an audience of magicians or mentalists. Lior's show was sponsored by one of the companies at a technology trade show. The audience were clients and prospective customers of this company, plus anyone who had visited their exhibit that week and received a ticket. This was a REAL-WORLD corporate environment. Lior brought his own technicians, a few off-stage crew, and had clearly rehearsed with the camera crew (the entire rear of the stage was a gigantic screen). He was extremely well prepared.

I don't remember everything he did, but I remember that he OWNED that stage. He was high-energy, likable, funny, and maintained control the entire time. The audience was very fooled and very impressed. I didn't see anyone walk out (which can be common when it's been a very long day at a convention), and he got big rounds of applause at the end.

Something important to note: He mentioned the company multiple times throughout. He was sure to thank the CEO by name, and he had one routine that was themed specifically around their flagship product. I can only imagine that the client was thrilled.

After the show, he stayed to shake hands and take pictures with anyone who wanted to meet him. People left feeling good about Lior, and feeling good about the company that hosted the event.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, but the dude's a PRO.
I heard that on russian speaking market Lior was not so successful.
While I have no idea if that is true, just because someone is a good or dynamic performer in no way makes them a good speaker. There seems to be a common misperception that if you are a performer or athlete you can easily be a great speaker. Simply not true. Speaking while on the surface appears quite similar there are many different dynamics and elements st play.
[quote]On May 2, 2019, Shadow Art wrote:
I heard that on russian speaking market Lior was not so successful. [/quote]

Lior is my friend. We collaborate from time to time and share clients here in Israel. Lior OWNS the Russian market. He is by far the most successful mentalist there earning two more zeros than number two on that list, so check your intel.
You guys are confusing between mentalists' mentalists and real world mentalists. If you learn only from the firsts you'll stay in that category. Put your top 10 mentalists in front of love audience of 1000 and they will do fine. But "fine" is not enough. If you are not sensational you wont be re-hired at those venues and with those fares.
There's is a whole world of mentalism I believe you are not aware of. See Manor's lectures on penguin if you won't a glimpse into it.
[quote]On May 28, 2019, nimrod wrote:
[quote]On May 2, 2019, Shadow Art wrote:
I heard that on russian speaking market Lior was not so successful. [/quote]

Lior is my friend. We collaborate from time to time and share clients here in Israel. Lior OWNS the Russian market. He is by far the most successful mentalist there earning two more zeros than number two on that list, so check your intel.
You guys are confusing between mentalists' mentalists and real world mentalists. If you learn only from the firsts you'll stay in that category. Put your top 10 mentalists in front of love audience of 1000 and they will do fine. But "fine" is not enough. If you are not sensational you wont be re-hired at those venues and with those fares.
There's is a whole world of mentalism I believe you are not aware of. See Manor's lectures on penguin if you won't a glimpse into it. [/quote]

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. lousy autocorrect on my cellphone.
Nimrod
You need to change to iPhone or take some English
lessons like what I never did -:) :) :)