(Close Window)
Topic: Card Splitter Jig - Eoin O'Hare
Https://www.theperfectshuffle.com/Card%20Splitter%20Jig/

Eoin O'Hare just released his Card Splitter Jig. I've been excited for this ever since he started teasing it on Instagram a few months back. It's a Jig that aids in splitting the entire card, vs his prior release was to start the corner split.
Wow nice!
Brilliant. You could split an entire deck in no time. He makes some nice tools.
Thanks trickyat86 !!!! :cheering:
Special offer price and FREE Snaker when you buy a Card Splitter Jig will end next week.
Get it now before the price increases.

https://www.theperfectshuffle.com/Card%20Splitter%20Jig/
It’s a bit weird to me that you have to buy the card splitter jig and the corner splitter to actually split the card.... I feel like this unit should do both or that by purchasing this unit you get the other half off or something.
Got this in the mail today. I was success with splitting a card with the jig on the 1st try. And able to split all 3 layers apart on the 2nd card (I used the provided snaker heavily on the card before the split). My prior "by hand" card splitting success rate was like 8 out of 10 cards. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
I purchased both the corner splitter nd this jig. Haven't received it yet but it looks great.
This looks like a really neat device!
And the other tools he makes look likewise amazing! I’ll grab the new jig and the corner splitter, but I’m kinda bummed I have no use for the other cool products he’s created..!

Excellent work, by the looks of it.

Seth
[quote]On Apr 21, 2019, elimagic wrote:
It’s a bit weird to me that you have to buy the card splitter jig and the corner splitter to actually split the card.... I feel like this unit should do both or that by purchasing this unit you get the other half off or something. [/quote]

Exactly, I'd need both tools. If there was a deal for both I'd grab this up.
There is a deal for both!
Corner splitter Jig is reduced & the Card Splitter Jig has a special introduction price plus a FREE Snaker!
You are allowed to put both into the basket.!!
True, there is a small discount on the corner splitter but not something I would really call a deal - or a good deal.
I ordered one with the jig, it's a very good deal. If you add this to Todd Lassen's method of joining to the split card after you gaff it and you
have a perfect system. Todd has a video on his site.
I have just ordered the Card Splitter Jig, I already own the Corner Splitter Jig.

A review of all three items (Corner Splitter Jig, Card Splitter Jig, and the Snaker) will be available on my YouTube channel once I receive them :)

Here's a link to the channel: www.youtube.com/c/TylerLunsfordMagic
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
I ordered one with the jig, it's a very good deal. If you add this to Todd Lassen's method of joining to the split card after you gaff it and you
have a perfect system. Todd has a video on his site. [/quote]

Jake,

I just searched Todd's blog for that video and couldn't find it. Can you please link the video for gluing two halves back together.

Thanks!

Mark
[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
have a perfect system. Todd has a video on his site. [/quote]

Jake,

I just searched Todd's blog for that video and couldn't find it. Can you please link the video for gluing two halves back together.

Thanks!

Mark [/quote]

I have the same result - I cannot find a corresponding video on Todd's website.
Me too I would appreciate if you can point to the video link.
The only interesting thing I found on Todd's website was a reference to a device that would make it possible to split all three layers of a card at once but without really much more details ... (link here: https://coolotis.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/new-tool-for-the-community-say-yeahyaahhh/)
Probably talking about his "Card Gaffing Genii" for gluing back together using DMT
https://coolotis.wordpress.com/gaffing-genii/
I'm waiting for the day when Lassen makes more Gaffing Geniis.
Hi Poof-Daddy,
Thanks for the link.
Watching the video allowed me to discover the DMT way of "gluing" cards back together.
I am going to investigate this DMT-way further as it seems a great (better?) alternative than Rubber Cement.
I don't have time to search right now but there are many posts here on the Café which cover various methods of gluing the layers of card together that are probably worth investigating as well.
[quote]On Apr 27, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Probably talking about his "Card Gaffing Genii" for gluing back together using DMT
https://coolotis.wordpress.com/gaffing-genii/ [/quote]

That's what I was talking about. I never thought of using DMT so I never ventured to making my own gaffed cards.
You could rig something up, but it wouldn't be as near as nice as Todd's Gaffing Genii.

I know Poofdaddy posted the link, but here it is again so you don't have to page back. https://coolotis.wordpress.com/gaffing-genii/
I am not in any way wanting to hijack this thread as I love all of the effort and ideas that have been so well made to ease the gaffing process. Eoin has raised the bar for sure. I would have no problem recommending all Eion’s products. Todd’s Card Genii is simply ONE WAY of gluing the final product. Gaffs have been made well for years with a simple manual split and rubber cement.

That said, gaffing is not really a “beginners sport”. Not to say it isn’t easy or not anyone can do it because it is the opposite (once you have the proper tools and directions).
There have been many threads recommending different videos that can be found doing a search in the “Gaffed and Funky” section. Before jumping “all In” and buying a bunch of stuff, I would recommend some research on different ways to gaff. Especially if you are only going to make a few one of a kind for yourself (or maybe you want to make a replacement gaff for “Ace” or “NFW”)

Also there is a FANTASTIC EBOOK on Lybrary that teaches all the basics of using DMT for a “crisper” gaff.
https://www.lybrary.com/the-gaff-factory-a-comprehensive-drymounting-tutorial-p-750.html

I give this PDF my highest recommendation.

So, as to not hijack the thread, please just respond to me via PM with any questions so folks can get back to reviewing these wonderful “Irish Jigs” (unless Eoin wants to also comment in general as to learning basics before going “all in”.
Welp, My card splitter and (free)snaker arrived today and I tested it out with about 15 cards. This thing works perfectly. It's no gimmick, it perfect. Best purchase in a long time.
So why do folks need so many split cards?
I'm not being snitty, I am genuinely curious.

Personally, every few years I may need a few custom gaffs for a packet trick I like to do, but I just order several from Shawn Evans at Mimesis Magic and that lasts me quite a long time. While I'm ordering those I will sometimes have him send me a few single layers of just the backs of a few cards, or put a Bike Joker face on a Phoenix back (sorry, Christian but I hate the Phoenix Jokers) and things such as that.

I may spend 25 or 30 bucks but that is every few years so shelling out the dough for one of these jigs (and then having to make them myself) just seems excessive for my needs.

But I'm sure I'm missing some great use.
Although they do look quite fun to use, to be honest, if I was given one today I have no idea when I might need to actually use it. Probably not for a long time, possibly not ever.

So enlighten me please. I'd just like to know what gaffs people are making up on a regular basis?

www.mimesis-magic.com in case you get tired of DIY.
Hey Videoman, I do like to make specific double facers I need. But I can also go through a couple Face Off gimmicks in a night. Each one needing 2 or 4 split cards (depending on how you like the gimmick, I personally like the 4 card gimmick best - comes out cleaner for me). When I do them by hand I get some lines in a lot of the cards, not with this.
Thanks dman, that makes sense. I can see how those T&R card routines could burn through a lot of gaffs quickly.
I received Eoin's Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and free Snaker set yesterday. They work perfectly together and the build quality is first class.

I bought the jigs to make T&R gimmicks. Cards can now be split in a fraction of the time it used to take me, and the results are much neater and more reliable than I was ever able to manage by hand.

I have even tried splitting all three card layers and was surprised how easy and effective this is with the jigs.

Highly recommended.

Mike
I purchased all 3 jigs/devices (Corner Splitter, Card Splitter, Snaker)

I just posted a review / demo of all 3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuT1U0mJwOE&t=1s

I hope this helps! :)
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

I just posted a review / demo of all 3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuT1U0mJwOE&t=1s

I hope this helps! :) [/quote]

Nice video, Tyler. Thanks for sharing!

Mark
Mike - was there a code you used on the site to get the free snake with the other two purchases?

Thanks.

[quote]On May 4, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:
I received Eoin's Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and free Snaker set yesterday. They work perfectly together and the build quality is first class.

I bought the jigs to make T&R gimmicks. Cards can now be split in a fraction of the time it used to take me, and the results are much neater and more reliable than I was ever able to manage by hand.

I have even tried splitting all three card layers and was surprised how easy and effective this is with the jigs.

Highly recommended.

Mike [/quote]
[quote]On May 22, 2019, tjackson8685 wrote:
Mike - was there a code you used on the site to get the free snake with the other two purchases?
[/quote]

There was no code, but Eoin had it on special offer for a while. It looks like the offer has expired.

Mike
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

I hope this helps! :) [/quote]

Nice video, Tyler. Thanks for sharing!

Mark [/quote]

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for watching! :)
Very cool jig. Now magis can make dbl back and dbl face cards, even with obscure decks. Hmmm. The mental wheels are turning...
My Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and Snaker are enroute. Eoin was super responsive and shipped immediately. Looking forward to playing with them.
I bought it all, the snaker, corner splitter, and the splitter jig. I love it and am getting a considerably better success rate of splitting. It also makes the splits much cleaner in comparison to tapping the corner down. Highly recommended.
My full order arrived very quickly. Spent the weekend playing with all three (corner splitter, card splitter and snaker) - very happy with this purchase! Also agree with MagicBarMan on the "cleaner" splits