(Close Window)
Topic: Mentalism routine for couples
Hi members,

What are suitable effects or routines for couples on stage.
I know Invisible Touch works great but do we have any other ideas or effects?
Eagerly waiting to hear.

REGARDS
NBL
Maybe you can make a routine with the use of a padlock.

Where the couple put something precious for the them into a box, lock the box, and they have to find the right key/combination to open the box. Or one of them put something into the box that mean something for their partner, and the other have to find the right key/combination. And combine it with a motivational or touching script.
Https://romanticmentalism.blogspot.com/ , this one is a great pdf in the subject.
I have always used "Couplet" (from my [url=https://www.deceptionary.com/idiopraxis.html][i]Idiopraxis[/i][/url] book) for this purpose.
I do a routine that I call "Marital Telepathy" where the husband attempts to read the wife's mind. I only use it for married couples, mostly CEOs of companies and their spouses, or private parties, etc. Basically it's a series of funny things that the husband should know about the wife and what she's thinking. Uses an "Instant St**ge" principle in the end; the husband gladly plays along with this and finishes looking like a rock star, yet NOT at the expense of his wife.

I won't share my exact routine here because it's my own piece and I want to keep it that way. Just thinking perhaps it will get creative juices flowing a bit for you to come up with something of your own.
There is an excellent version of OOTW on the market entitled Genetics. It features symbols other than playing cards and is designed to work with couples.

George
If you are not opposed to using cards, Atlas Bookings THE CRUSADE can be used.
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
If you are not opposed to using cards, Atlas Bookings THE CRUSADE can be used. [/quote]
Agree. If you use your creativity on scripting, it Can be a true romantic miracle. There is NO sleight od Hand involved so you can Focus on presentation. Truly interesting twist on ACAAN . It mat not fool magician or experienced gambler but lay people- for sure
Thanks!!

I am looking to use a couple of things here for the routine development. Also, love the idea of the spouse playing the role of a mind reader.

Regards
Nbl
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
If you are not opposed to using cards, Atlas Bookings THE CRUSADE can be used. [/quote]

You can use postcards, pictures, really anything that can be stacked (as in put in a single pile that stays intact, not a specific ordering). Those are more relevant to relationships anyway (in my opinion).
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 18, 2019 06:47PM)
I have a number of effects that I perform with couples but the best by far -- demonstrating the amazing connection they have to each other -- is PK Touch.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: teenagelabotomy42 (Apr 18, 2019 11:05PM)
Using your S.O. as a stooge you can use an effect from Scarne on magic where you predict a number from three randomly selected numbers.
Probably more of a magic trick but I get great reaction with Simon Aronson's Two Beginnings when I perform for couples. Could probably perform Great Minds Think Alike from Corinda/Punx too.
Tattle tailed by Peter Turner and there is variation by Michael Murray that is in A piece of my mind btw the other is in Bigger Fish one

These 2 are esp match effects, killers
Before you get anything else, read "Duet 2 two-person mentalism" by Jack Kent Tillar, 150 pages of professional material. It details loading in to walking out for the professional team. Nothing is held back.